PDA

View Full Version : Austin aries/bobby rude

masakaritko
07-08-2012, 09:52 PM
OMG!!!!! DUDE, FIRST TIME I'VE JUMPED OUT OF MY SEAT SO MANY TIMES IN A MATCH IN YEARS!!! DUDE. seriously calming down. match of the year, easy, i don't care if you compare it to Taker/Triple H, match of the year no doubt. and the outcome was perfect. Everything was PERFECT about this match. Exceeded all expectations, and i was already anticipating a great match.

drumn4life0789
07-08-2012, 09:57 PM
I happen to think the Aries/Joe match and the tag title match at Slamiversary were better but I was there in person so that probably adds to it a little bit.

The Piper
07-08-2012, 09:58 PM
10/10, everything was perfect, mark the fuck out moment

masakaritko
07-08-2012, 10:01 PM
10/10, everything was perfect, mark the fuck out moment

I think i didn't take a breath for at least 2 min afterwards, i was marking the fuck out so hard.

K2Jelly
07-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Would the match have been MOTY even if Bobby Roode won? :rolleyes:

Nah, I'm just messing with you. It wasn't MOTY, in my book, but I'm happy with what they were able to pull off.

Samoe Joe going over Angle via submission shocked the hell out of me. Disappointed with the Ultimate X match though.

Wrestling Realist
07-08-2012, 10:06 PM
I haven't marked out in such a long time but I just marked out

Amerinaine
07-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Overall, it was a slightly better version of TNA Thursday Impact. The only two matches of note. Angle v Joe was the best match, but not by much. The Roode v Aries match was also real good. I'll admit the ending wasn't predictable as I would have thought, but it was a good match. Nothing in this show came close to Match of the Year.

Playboy Stevie V
07-08-2012, 10:08 PM
I marked out so hard! It was a awesome feeling I haven't felt watching wrestling in a long time. Thank you TNA!

K2Jelly
07-08-2012, 10:10 PM
I marked out so hard! It was a awesome feeling I haven't felt watching wrestling in a long time. Thank you TNA!

I know, man. The only time I marked out this hard was when I saw D-Bryan cash in MITB on the Big Show live.

This came in a close third under the Nexus invasion.

masakaritko
07-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Would the match have been MOTY even if Bobby Roode won? :rolleyes:

Nah, I'm just messing with you. It wasn't MOTY, in my book, but I'm happy with what they were able to pull off.

Samoe Joe going over Angle via submission shocked the hell out of me. Disappointed with the Ultimate X match though.

Overall, though, it was a pretty damn good ppv. And I'm not just saying that because Austin Aries won the world title lol, I enjoyed all the rest of it, that styles clash off the ramp through the table was nuts. joe making angle pass out was very shocking.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-08-2012, 10:20 PM
I marked out for the first time in a whileee. The ending was perfect and I can not believe they pulled the trigger!

I would say Top 10 of the year maybe even Top 5 but I wouldn't say Top 3. I may have to re-watch it.

BadAndy
07-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Sadly I didn't get the PPV so I didn't see the match. I absolutely love both Roode and AA. I think it would've been a crime not to give the strap to AA in what could be his only shot at it (not saying he doesn't deserve it, just that you don't typically see a smaller wrestler in the picture). I'm just glad they didn't go on this monster slayer angle with AA being a smaller guy, a la Mysterio. AA has done nothing but perform with perfection week in and week out. He deserves it.

The Phantom Menace
07-08-2012, 11:02 PM
I agree with everyone! I thought they would screw with Austin Aries the same way they screwed with Roode last year, but the match did not disappoint. Angle/Joe was another classic between the two(not as great as their first match but good none the less), A.J./Daniels was also another classic in a long line of good matches between them. I was happy to see A-Double get his moment to shine with a clean clear cut win. Zema Ion no big deal, the only match that was totally perdictable at the nine minute mark.

masakaritko
07-08-2012, 11:27 PM
you know, i am a WWE guy all the way, and i haven't watched TNA regularly in quite some time, but that match not only had me glued, but just that fact that someone like me will openly say that a a match in TNA is MOTY is saying something.

Peter Kaymakcian
07-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Loved the match and the ending was amazing. However I think the only way you can put that match into match of the year candidacy is because of the shock value at the end. I did not believe for a single moment that A Double was going to beat Roode tonight. I thought TNA was going to push hard for Roode vs Storm at BFG with the headline being Roode holding the TNA World Heavyweight Champion for almost a full year. However I am very, VERY, pleased to have been wrong with my asumption.

Robstar
07-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Yes, how very nice it is to be wrong on this occasion. TNA have taken a chance and pulled the swerve and it's great to see. I'm sorry I turned off during that match now! It will be interesting to see where they go with this.

CM Rock-Austin
07-09-2012, 12:14 AM
Man, I am mad I missed the ppv! Well congrats to AA, hope he has a good title reign.

bigrence202
07-09-2012, 12:45 AM
great ppv overall,aries vs rude was awesome, and i really enjoyed styles vs daniels, i have seen them wrestle so many times but it never gets old,and the styles clash off the ramp was a sick spot, i was very dissapointed in the ultimate x match though, but hats off to TNA for putting on a hell of a ppv

Wrestling Realist
07-09-2012, 12:56 AM
great ppv overall,aries vs rude was awesome, and i really enjoyed styles vs daniels, i have seen them wrestle so many times but it never gets old,and the styles clash off the ramp was a sick spot, i was very dissapointed in the ultimate x match though, but hats off to TNA for putting on a hell of a ppv

I think after Sonjay Dutt got injured they got lost and dropped a couple of the spots, but Dutt is one tough SOB for coming back and finishing the match

Wade Barrett 1979
07-09-2012, 02:53 AM
I'm really glad they went ahead and put the Title on AA! By far and away the best thing going in wrestling at the moment, it would have been a nightmare if they lost him in 12 months, through not putting the main title on him.

Onwards and upwards!

el gabo
07-09-2012, 06:53 AM
TNA has really stepped it up. No Bischoff and Hogan= MUCH better product.

AA vs Roode was really good, as great as some of you saw it, but that's because we're used to crappier matches. I couldn't believe they went with a clean finish for once.

I wonder what's going to happen with Aries, is he a face? A tweener?

el gabo
07-09-2012, 06:57 AM
I think after Sonjay Dutt got injured they got lost and dropped a couple of the spots, but Dutt is one tough SOB for coming back and finishing the match

It had to be that because that match was a huge let down.

Why did they let go of Dutt in the first place?

The Brown One
07-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Honestly, it wasn't all that you made it out to be. It was a good match, 4 stars, but no way was it MOTY. Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle didn't have a backstory leading up to Destination X, and that match was better than the main event. It had it's moments though.

The Piper
07-09-2012, 11:38 AM
It had to be that because that match was a huge let down.

Why did they let go of Dutt in the first place?
I was hoping throughout the tournament that Dutt would win, but as soon as the Jesse sob story promo, it was all too obvious Zema Ion would win.

Cabers
07-09-2012, 03:25 PM
It was a great match no doubt as happy as i am with Aries winning the championship after years of watching him in ROH it was a special moment!

But then i realised i had Roode to win in my Prediction contest lol ah sure fuck it well worth it!!