PDA

View Full Version : shelton benjamin, tag teams, and wwe

bearkg88
07-08-2012, 02:37 PM
So there is a report on the main page stating roh may be in trouble, to be honest, I don't follow roh much because its not on tv where I live and I can't find a place to watch it online for free. I do try and read results when they come up on the site though. Now if roh were to close, that would suck so many lost their job, but there would be a glimmer of hope. Wgtt. between wwe and tna, I think wwe has the talent to make an exciting tag division again, they just need to do it right. A step in the right direction would be signing wgtt if they became free. Even if they just signed benjamin that would be epic. He is one of the better talents in recent years imo, and given the right push and time on the mic we could see him as a main event champ. What do you guys think?

Tommy Thunder
07-08-2012, 02:41 PM
I'd love to see WGTT back in WWE.
As good as Benjamin is, I don't think he's good enough on the mic to be a main event champ. In a tag team though with Haas, he's a perfect fit for WWE. Both have worked there before and so know the style, and their history with WWE will help them.

TheDevilsAdvocate
07-08-2012, 03:03 PM
As good as Benjamin is, I don't think he's good enough on the mic to be a main event champ. In a tag team though with Haas, he's a perfect fit for WWE. Both have worked there before and so know the style, and their history with WWE will help them.

You still have to admit that Benjamin was leaps and bounds more entertaining than anyone on RAW and Smackdown during his WWECW run. The guy was really stepping up to get noticed and he still ended up leaving the company.

Tommy Thunder
07-08-2012, 03:17 PM
You still have to admit that Benjamin was leaps and bounds more entertaining than anyone on RAW and Smackdown during his WWECW run. The guy was really stepping up to get noticed and he still ended up leaving the company.

Oh yeah definitely. His in-ring ability alone was eye catching enough for him to be a standout guy.
But I see him like Kofi Kingston. Kofi's had pushes towards main event with feuds with Randy Orton, his Elimination Chamber match this year etc. But his poor mic work has always held him from breaking the glass ceiling and actually become champ. And because of that he's been limited to mid card title runs and tag title runs.
IMO, that would be Benjamin in WWE.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-08-2012, 04:04 PM
I think it depend. If TNA are going to go out and bring in Titus to pair back up with KK and grab some other viable tag teams I would like to see the WGTT end up there as I feel they would be the cornerstone of that division. WWE has not given tag teams a nice spot in years and TNA has always been tag-friendly. If TNA does not (which it does not look like they will in the near future) send them up north! I just would like to see them on my tv (as I don't get ROH either).

Robstar
07-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Let Vickie manage them.

hiphopjunkie
07-08-2012, 04:11 PM
You can watch Ring of Honor on Youtube dude.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
07-08-2012, 04:11 PM

I agree with this^^

Would love too see WGTT back in the WWE! The tag team division really needs a big team like them too get it going again.. I don't really know about any other stars as I have never watched ROH.. Hope it's nothing serious though as I hear so many good things about that company and the product they put out.

Robstar
07-08-2012, 04:15 PM
You can watch Ring of Honor on Youtube dude.

Yeah but it's not the same. Where do you start?

Cabers
07-08-2012, 04:20 PM
So there is a report on the main page stating roh may be in trouble, to be honest, I don't follow roh much because its not on tv where I live and I can't find a place to watch it online for free. I do try and read results when they come up on the site though. Now if roh were to close, that would suck so many lost their job, but there would be a glimmer of hope. Wgtt. between wwe and tna, I think wwe has the talent to make an exciting tag division again, they just need to do it right. A step in the right direction would be signing wgtt if they became free. Even if they just signed benjamin that would be epic. He is one of the better talents in recent years imo, and given the right push and time on the mic we could see him as a main event champ. What do you guys think?

You just make an account on there website its free and you watch the show every Thursday!

And yes they do seem to be in trouble lately and i think Kenny King leaving has shown just how much the really are lacking in roster.

hiphopjunkie
07-08-2012, 04:30 PM
You just make an account on there website its free and you watch the show every Thursday!

And yes they do seem to be in trouble lately and i think Kenny King leaving has shown just how much the really are lacking in roster.

I didn't know you could watch on the website!

hiphopjunkie
07-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Yeah but it's not the same. Where do you start?

I would the best time to start is after a pay per view but i just jumped in by picking an episode to watch and i was hooked.

Mr Punk
07-08-2012, 05:22 PM
What I would like to happen in the WWE to the PTP but it would not happen just putting it out there is that storyline wise they get a large payday or something and act all rich but Cryme Tyme reunites and start hustling them out of money than eventually their tag titles.

Rick BoA
07-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Shelton is not getting any younger. The man is 36 years old, if they want to make a star out of him they need to bring him in as a singles competitor.
Give him a good mouthpiece, not Vickie but someone new, maybe someone like Armando Estrada.

The Phantom Menace
07-08-2012, 09:31 PM
WWE for both Shelton & Charlie, been there done that. They've both grown as performers but Uncle Vince would simply put them back where they were & life moves forward not backwards. If ROH closed its doors, they maybe better off going to TNA. Different opponents, different politics, different opportunities. Another tag team championship run-possible, maybe an X-Division or TV title run & then move up towards the World title even better. Between Vince, Triple H & Stephanie not a whole lot has changed in WWE since they were released.