PDA

View Full Version : Who will shine in second half on 2012

CricketTragic
07-08-2012, 03:09 AM
So at this present ime we have had three rather long term champions in WWE champion Punk, WHC champion Sheamus and US champion Santino Marella.

Who are your thoughts on who should take the titles of these three and Christian and ultimately who else will hold gold by the end of 2012?

My thoughts are in order

WWE championship

Daniel Bryan
john Cena
Ending the year with Punk

WHC

Orton
Barrett

IC Title

Otunga (later in the year)

US title

Heath Slater (Very Short reign)
Tyson Kidd

Dennis
07-08-2012, 03:38 AM
I think the wwe title should be taken from cm punk by daniel bryan and sadly will be taken from daniel bryan at summerslam to lead to a likely long reign for john cena... sighs hahah world heavyweight title should be taken by alberto del rio to give sheamus a legit person to chase.. short reign ended by sheamus leading to barrett taking the title from him by the end of the year.... IC title to a lesser known superstar or give cody rhodes it to solidify his mid-card status for the time being and making the mid-card more bearable.... (sidenote I use to think the mid-card was epic as recently as 5-10 years ago WHAT HAPPEN!) and give the us title is a tyson kidd title for sure... he is the one mid-card talent who can bring some legitimacy back to a belt who has had to suffer through the cobra

Pause
07-08-2012, 03:40 AM
As far as the WWE championship goes I'd be content with Cm Punk holding onto the title but if I had to pick someone for him to pass the torch to I'd really want to see Jericho with the title back around his waist. I know he's back to more or less put over some of the superstars but in my opinion he's still got it and I think he's the most capable of making a feud worth watching over some other people who are in contention for the title.

For the world heavyweight title, my pick hands down is Wade Barrett. I was really excited to see him getting a push and was already in the works to be a champion before that injury. But man, he's good on the mic, I think he's getting better in the ring and he can definitely draw heat in my opinion.

For the US title, I don't have anyone in particular that I'd like to see hold it but someone I'd like to see eventually get there who deserves it in my eyes is Alex Riley. If they can put him back on track anything near like he was feuding withthe miz, I think he would definitely be a worthy champion and one of the better mid carders.

For the IC title, I was never really a fan of him before but my pick now definitely would be Cody Rhodes. I always told myself I'd never really be a fan of him just because there was never anything really special he did in my eyes, but I was wrong. over the last year or two of watching him he's really grown on me and he's got it all. He might not have the typical height and weight McMahon was favoring of the superstas he'd like to see but I guarantee Cody has more to offer than most people he'd probably bring in.

The Brown One
07-08-2012, 04:08 AM
WWE title: John Cena by MITB
Divas title: Beth Phoenix/Kharma after her
WHC: Wade Barrett by MITB
IC title: Cody Rhodes/Sin Cara
US title: Heath Slater/Sin Cara

PSOjedi
07-08-2012, 05:25 AM
WWE title : John Cena or Big Show
WHC : Alberto Del Rio or Dolph Ziggler
US : David Otunga or Heath Slater
IC : Wade Barrett or Drew McIntyre
Tag Team : Prime Time Players
Divas : AJ

Joonny
07-08-2012, 05:56 AM
We will remember the second part as this:
(My thoughts)

WWE - Big Show
WHC - Barrett
Inter - Tyson Kidd
US - David Otunga
Tag team - Prime Time Players
Diva - AJ (?)

bartish2
07-08-2012, 07:21 AM
more titles for cena & orton? geez XD way to build a future

The Brown One
07-08-2012, 07:34 AM
more titles for cena & orton? geez XD way to build a future

Lol you knew this was coming!
On the other hand, they have built up Rhodes, Ziggler, Barrett, Ryder, Bryan, Punk and Sheamus quite well over the past couple of years. Guys like Rhodes, Ziggler and Barrett are also likely to become world champions in the near future.

Kenny Kaos
07-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Genuinely believe Sandow will be WHC before this year is out

bartish2
07-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Lol you knew this was coming!
On the other hand, they have built up Rhodes, Ziggler, Barrett, Ryder, Bryan, Punk and Sheamus quite well over the past couple of years. Guys like Rhodes, Ziggler and Barrett are also likely to become world champions in the near future.

I am going for rhodes, barett, ziggler, bryan

Pumpkinhead
07-08-2012, 09:23 AM
WWE: Maybe they can surpises us having Jericho win the MITB and cash against Pnk to set up Cena vs Jericho??, It could had a good build if Jericho cuts a promo of how he failed to do something relevant since his return and that his now where he belongs, If not I'll say Bryan he is pretty over with the fans

WHC: I don't see Sheamus dropping the belt yet, if I have to say someone it would Ziggler, a classic MITB chasing after a Sheamus vs Del Rio will work for me

US: Either Otunga or Kidd, I hate to say this but Tensai has good chances too

IC: I can see Christian putting over Sandow after some back and forth matches

Kenny Kaos
07-08-2012, 09:54 AM

Christian would be a worthy opponent

Cabers
07-08-2012, 10:37 AM
We will remember the second part as this:
(My thoughts)

WWE - Big Show
WHC - Barrett
Inter - Tyson Kidd
US - David Otunga
Tag team - Prime Time Players
Diva - AJ (?)

I can see a lot of those happening! With the exception of the Big Show.

Dennis
07-08-2012, 12:25 PM
WWE: Maybe they can surpises us having Jericho win the MITB and cash against Pnk to set up Cena vs Jericho??, It could had a good build if Jericho cuts a promo of how he failed to do something relevant since his return and that his now where he belongs, If not I'll say Bryan he is pretty over with the fans

WHC: I don't see Sheamus dropping the belt yet, if I have to say someone it would Ziggler, a classic MITB chasing after a Sheamus vs Del Rio will work for me

US: Either Otunga or Kidd, I hate to say this but Tensai has good chances too

I doubt they have jericho win because he states all the time that he is more focused on his rock band.. not the wwe

bearkg88
07-08-2012, 01:28 PM
For the wwe championship, I see d-bry ending the reign, only for cena to beat bryan for the title and hold it until brock beats cena for it. With the whc title I see sheamus losing it to adr to win it back to lose it to barrett, which will lead to feuds with barrett vs sheamus and barrett vs orton. As for the us title, I see marella losing it to some heel, only for kidd to win it later on and end the year as champ

The Slayer
07-08-2012, 01:46 PM
WWE - Chris JerichoWHC - Wade BarrettIC - Damian Sandow or TensaiUS - David Otunga or Tyson KiddTag Team - Prime Time PlayasDivas - AJ

Lucas Chapel
07-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Ryback, Tyson Kidd and Wade Barrett will all be given a stronger push than they're currently getting at the moment.

Callum
07-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Wwe - Kane
Whc - Barrett
Us - Antonio Cesaro
Ic - Damien Sandow
Tag Team - PTP
Divas - Beth Phoenix

CricketTragic
07-08-2012, 09:58 PM
For the wwe championship, I see d-bry ending the reign, only for cena to beat bryan for the title and hold it until brock beats cena for it. With the whc title I see sheamus losing it to adr to win it back to lose it to barrett, which will lead to feuds with barrett vs sheamus and barrett vs orton. As for the us title, I see marella losing it to some heel, only for kidd to win it later on and end the year as champ

This was my exact thinking about santino thats why I chose Otunga so that if Kidd does win it he is not beating anyone to important.

Also I think your spot on about the WHC

BadAndy
07-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Ziggs and Kidd for sure will have a title. I'd love for Rhodes and Barrett to shine also. Unfortunately I just don't see many faces in the company that can do what Cena, Sheamus and Punk do. Because of this you're likely to see them in contention or controlling titles for a long time.

CricketTragic
07-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Ziggs and Kidd for sure will have a title. I'd love for Rhodes and Barrett to shine also. Unfortunately I just don't see many faces in the company that can do what Cena, Sheamus and Punk do. Because of this you're likely to see them in contention or controlling titles for a long time.

Well thats the WWE route is it not. I think 90% of debuts now are heelish and heres an example from recent memory

Ted DiBiasi debut: Heel
Tysn Kidd Debut: Heel
Cody Rhodes Debut: Face
Tensai debut: Heel
Antonio Cesaro debut: Heelish
Alberto Del RIo Debut: Heel
Santino Debut: Face
Wade Barrett Debut: Heel
Daniel Bryan Debut: Heel
Otunga Debut: Heel
Ryback Debut: ? (I will leave this one until he actually faces someone of significance)
Heath Slater: Heel
Justin Gabriel: Heel
Zac Ryder: Heel
Curt Hawkins: Heel
Primo: Face (When with Carlito)
Brodus Clay (Revamped): Face
Hunico: Heel
Camacho: Heel
Darren Young: Heel
Titus O Niell: Heel
Sin Cara; Face

See a pattern here

BadAndy
07-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Ryback was part of Nexus. He was heel. Unless that suddenly just doesn't count. I would've thought Damien Sandow had made more of a first impression on you to have forgotten him from your list. You surely are one of those simpletons he's been talking to. :p

CricketTragic
07-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Ryback was part of Nexus. He was heel. Unless that suddenly just doesn't count. I would've thought Damien Sandow had made more of a first impression on you to have forgotten him from your list. You surely are one of those simpletons he's been talking to. :p

Your Welcome

Actually Sandow is that good I mistook him as a veteran in all seriousness there is a trend though

and I dont count Ryback as part of Nexus as he was Skip Sheffield then and he was heel to.

BadAndy
07-08-2012, 11:59 PM
I can't see Richie coming in as a heel. For what it's worth they'd probably bring in Rollins/Black as a face as well. I could be wrong on him but there's just no way Richie will be heel. Ambrose will most certainly be one. In all, yes I see the trend you speak of. I was just saying that when it comes to mic/talent/charisma there's no new face that I see that's going to shine in the second half of the year here by getting involved in the title picture other than Kidd.

CricketTragic
07-09-2012, 12:07 AM
I can't see Richie coming in as a heel. For what it's worth they'd probably bring in Rollins/Black as a face as well. I could be wrong on him but there's just no way Richie will be heel. Ambrose will most certainly be one. In all, yes I see the trend you speak of. I was just saying that when it comes to mic/talent/charisma there's no new face that I see that's going to shine in the second half of the year here by getting involved in the title picture other than Kidd.

Which is why he will definitely be US champion by years end in my book. I dont think Sandow will be world champion this year I see him taking the Intercontinental Title

Tommy Thunder
07-09-2012, 03:48 AM
In general, I see Dolph Ziggler being a major player in the second half of 2012 for sure. Cody Rhodes seems to have gone off the boil, but I'm hoping that he too can come back strong in the second half of 2012. I also expect Wade Barrett to be pushed strong upon his return. If he's back by MITB, then he's a lock in to win the WHC briefcase.

As for champions of the second half of the year, I see:

Cena winning the WWE Championship

Barrett winning the WHChampionship

Sandow winning the Intercontinental Championship

Otunga winning the US Championship

Beth Phoenix winning the Divas Championship

and the Prime Time Players winning the Tag Championships

CricketTragic
07-09-2012, 07:26 AM
In general, I see Dolph Ziggler being a major player in the second half of 2012 for sure. Cody Rhodes seems to have gone off the boil, but I'm hoping that he too can come back strong in the second half of 2012. I also expect Wade Barrett to be pushed strong upon his return. If he's back by MITB, then he's a lock in to win the WHC briefcase.

As for champions of the second half of the year, I see:

Cena winning the WWE Championship

Barrett winning the WHChampionship

Sandow winning the Intercontinental Championship

Otunga winning the US Championship

Beth Phoenix winning the Divas Championship

and the Prime Time Players winning the Tag Championships

Interesring you want cena to win the title im happy for him to be PPV ing without titles