PDA

View Full Version : The Kenny King situation.

masakaritko
07-07-2012, 09:29 PM
I was unsure whether this would count as an ROH thread or a TNA thread, especially based on the controversy surrounding his current situation, but since he is now basically a TNA talent, i figured this would technically be the place for it even though my post will also be about it situation with ROH.

Anyway, ROH is upset about Kenny King deciding to wrestle on Impact, which was a breach of their verbal agreement. In today's market, you would not see TNA or WWE getting themselves into a situation like this. They learned from people like Lex Luger, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, etc... ROH management has to be absolutely stupid to put the tag titles on someone that who's contract was coming to an end. You don't do that. You don't trust verbal agreements either. Now they are upset and talking all kinds of crap about King because they want to cover up their own stupidity. They even said they will no longer do business with King ever again. HAHA watch Kenny King become a HUGE star in TNA, maybe even WWE later on down the line, then become a free agent that anyone would beg to get, and watch ROH beg for him to come back. Now don't get me wrong, I am a fan of ROH, but its the wrestlers that make the company, not the management.

Now onto his career going forward in TNA. I believe he has a TON of potential. And of course I'm not saying that he WILL become a huge star in TNA, but he has that potential. He has a similar in ring style to Shelton Benjamin, yet, has a hell of a lot more charisma. He's athletically gifted beyond a lot of other guys in the business. Nothing he does looks botched in any way, his execution in the ring is smooth and always on point. He's a good talker, he has a mind of his own. If he does become a huge star, I guarantee his former employer will try to ride his coattails just like they did with a)CM Punk b)Daniel Bryan Danielson c)Austin Aries d)Samoa Joe.....the list actually goes on, those are just the biggest names i can think of at the moment.

I guess the moral of the story is this: Learn how to do business in the year 2012. Verbal agreements must go away, don't hold anyone to anything unless you have their signature on a paper. If you have a spot on national television, take advantage of it to the fullest. Do more promoting. You have to spend money to make money. If you have to, start charging more for your shows. Don't get mad when you screw yourself over.

Feel free to move this to the ROH thread if you feel necessary.

wrestlingfan66513
07-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Sorry but you kind of lost me when you said King has more charisma than Benjamin. When a WWE talent does something dumb, like the highlanders situation, they don't air out their laundry to the public, they handle the situation as discretly as possible to make sure that the talent is forgotten by as many people as possible and introduce fans to another show when they jump ship after the no compete clause. ROH will continue to lose talent to the WWE and TNA for years to come because those companies can offer a lot more, I like ROH but they just need to move on instead giving King all of this publicity.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Didn't TNA have a verbal agreement with Nash and Booker to bring back MEM and they went into the Rumble?

Sucks for ROH though but they failed the second rule of business: get it in writing! Hopefully TNA uses him right but I don't think they would go through all this trouble not to.

Added: King is nothing special when it comes to promos, but he is better than Benjamin for sure.

The Phantom Menace
07-07-2012, 09:52 PM
At the beginning & end of the day wrestling is a business & ROH management should have inked the deal with Kenny before putting the gold on him, bad decision. I've enjoyed the little bit of ROH I've seen & Kenny was a part of it. He's been in TNA before & they didn't do much with him but now just may be his time to shine. Kenny King is natural in the ring & on the mic, so he should do very well. Even to this day Shelton Benjamin fumbles when a mic is put in front of him(for promo's) but he is still one of the greatest wrestlers in the business today. I don't know if it happened but I would have loved to have seen Kenny & Shelton one on one.

masakaritko
07-07-2012, 10:06 PM
At the beginning & end of the day wrestling is a business & ROH management should have inked the deal with Kenny before putting the gold on him, bad decision. I've enjoyed the little bit of ROH I've seen & Kenny was a part of it. He's been in TNA before & they didn't do much with him but now just may be his time to shine. Kenny King is natural in the ring & on the mic, so he should do very well. Even to this day Shelton Benjamin fumbles when a mic is put in front of him(for promo's) but he is still one of the greatest wrestlers in the business today. I don't know if it happened but I would have loved to have seen Kenny & Shelton one on one.

that's the first thing i thought when I watched him on Impact the other night. I would love to see the two of them one on one.

thedag
07-07-2012, 10:35 PM
that's the first thing i thought when I watched him on Impact the other night. I would love to see the two of them one on one.

If I was ROH I wouldn't hire him back after TNA doesn't use him and he ask to be release this time next year.

justin sane
07-08-2012, 12:06 AM
what?

who?

drumn4life0789
07-08-2012, 01:57 AM
The real question is why don't they have some kind of non compete clauses for televised events. This way even if someone doesn't resign they can't go in tv for another promotion for a set period of time

masakaritko
07-08-2012, 03:48 AM
The real question is why don't they have some kind of non compete clauses for televised events. This way even if someone doesn't resign they can't go in tv for another promotion for a set period of time

Yes something that has become standard in other promotions. ROH management just doesn't know how to handle business. The way things are they're just going to have all the talent walk all over them. You NEVER just trust somebody's word when it comes to business.

Bennyladd1
07-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Kenny was impressive in his Impact match last week, I'm glad he's gone to TNA, he's a good talent, who cares about his ROH deal? He didn't sign a contract? therefore who can blame him for jumping ship, I'm sure he can make more money in TNA and wrestle in front of a larger fan-base (not meaning to be disrespectful to ROH), so why not?

bartish2
07-08-2012, 10:47 AM
a verbal agreement or a handshake would not hold up in court. Especially putting the titles on someone whos contract was coming to a end & was only on a verbal agreement. They kind of asked for it. I am sure he will do just find in TNA with a actual written contract and not pull a roh

Cabers
07-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Yeah bad move from ROH for sure but the whole situation is a totes awky momo for both companies.

The Slayer
07-08-2012, 05:47 PM
In the world of wrestling today, a handshake for some people means next to nothing. Kenny needed to provide for his family, and also put himself on a higher level, which he did, showing up on live TV. I say, good move by Kenny, bad move by ROH. They should have got a signature.

On another note, can't wait to see him at Destination X tonight!

Bodom
07-09-2012, 09:55 AM
If ROH actually offered him a contract, they voided the verbal agreement. The moment a party offers something in writing, it's only what lies within the confines of that writing that matters.

He didn't sign it, so then it's their own idiotic fault for putting a belt on him when they didn't have him locked down.

Granted, this is all contingent upon if ROH actually handed him a contract or not, but since he had a belt without a written contract, I still can't help but facepalm at ROH's naivete and foolishness.

HCollins-TNA1
07-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Anyone seen this?????

King posted the following on his (https://twitter.com/KennyKingpinAnX)official twitter account (https://twitter.com/KennyKingpinAnX):

"As far as I'm concerned, ‪#ANX‬ is NOT dead. Rhett is my brother, and us not working together in one place is not the end."

Wrestling Realist
07-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Anyone seen this?????
I also seen in interview With Kaz/Daniels on Monday Night Mayhem from the main board that Kaz said
"right now when we are on game, there's Nobody better than us, and we're begging teams to come to TNA at this point"

monctonvike
07-11-2012, 06:45 AM
I think ROH made a huge mistake by not signing to a real contract. I hope tna does not make the same mistake. The guy seems to be pro ready

Bodom
07-11-2012, 06:47 AM
I think ROH made a huge mistake by not signing to a real contract. I hope tna does not make the same mistake. The guy seems to be pro ready

Putting a title on someone that didn't have a contract was idiotic at the least.

jordan1995
07-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Putting a title on someone that didn't have a contract was idiotic at the least.

and desperation to keep them