PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on WWE Main Event

Dashing Rachel
07-07-2012, 08:37 PM
IMO, WWE Main Event will be a lot like WWE Superstars except that it will feature guys who don't compete on WWE Superstars ​very often like John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, Kane, Big Show, and Daniel Bryan, among others. Your thoughts?

Viperfish
07-07-2012, 09:33 PM
It's the C show. There's really not that much to say about it. Depending on the frequency of the bigger names it could trade places with SmackDown, but I don't expect them to do that. For me it's going to come down to storylines... if Main Event is going to be like Superstars where nothing notable ever happens and no storylines progress then there's no point watching it, regardless of who's on the show.

The best way they can book the show in my opinion, assuming storylines don't matter, is to have mid carders or the bottom tier facing the top guys for some experience. It's one thing for bottom feeders to face each other, it's another to have to compete against someone that's clearly better than you. In any 'competition' known to mankind, you learn more by going against someone better skilled than you are. Not only that but it builds the guys coming up. Ric Flair used to make up and comers look better than they could ever make themselves look when they wrestled him... that sort of a thing I think could be very good for the guys coming up.

Kenny Kaos
07-07-2012, 09:33 PM
John Cena vs Barry Horrowitz? Smells like a 5 star match to me

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-07-2012, 09:43 PM
IMO, WWE Main Event will be a lot like WWE Superstars except that it will feature guys who don't compete on WWE Superstars ​very often like John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, Kane, Big Show, and Daniel Bryan, among others. Your thoughts?

Wasn't that they premise of Superstars when it started as well? I remember they had HHH and Cena in the intro before it became a C/D Show. IMO it is going to be the same shit in a different box.

Cabers
07-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Yeah thats the plan but so it was for superstars as well i think this is a show to have those not on superstars will wrestle on this one it will be another C/D show at best.