PDA

View Full Version : Buy, Pass, or Stream: Destination-X 2012

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-07-2012, 12:06 PM
No talking about specific streams!

So the question is simple. Will you:

Buy: Actually purchase the PPV (or watch at a bar, etc.)
Pass: Not even watch the PPV
Stream: Explains itself

(Poll above)

Let's look at the card:

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Austin Aries vs. Bobby Roode

LAST MAN STANDING
AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels

BOUND FOR GLORY SERIES
Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle

ULTIMATE X MATCH
To Crown A New X Division Champion

X DIVISION TOURNAMENT
Douglas Williams
Kid Kash
Zema Ion
Flip Cassanova
Kenny King
Rashad Cameron
Sonjay Dutt
(Winner from Last Chance Fourway)

LAST CHANCE FOURWAY
Dakota Darsow vs. Rubix vs. Lars Only vs. Mason Andrews

The buildup:

The buildup for this has been decent. You really can not buildup the X-Div tournament matches or the BFG Series matches since that is essentially a 12-person feud. The LMS Match is guaranteed solid match but most likely something we have seen before. The story line linked with it is pretty much crap. AA v Roode has had some nice buildup. Will we see Joey Ryan or Deadman's Hand?

I will put my opinion in the first post.

Edit: I got ninja'd so it is in the second post.

thedag
07-07-2012, 12:07 PM
stream cause i do every PPV. only PPV i pay for is WM.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-07-2012, 12:09 PM
I am honestly considering buying this one. I have not bought a PPV since RR 2009 because I thought Jericho was going to return from years away but he returned the next night (I was not happy).

I have been saying TNA needs to revive the X-Div and make their stars front-and-center and this PPV shows that. I'm thinking I need to put my money where my mouth is.

On the record: My prediction for the AA v Roode match is that AA will get jumped by Deadman's Hand. He will later team up with Sting to combat them.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-07-2012, 12:22 PM
stream cause i do every PPV. only PPV i pay for is WM.

Understandable. At least you're an equal opportunity streamer, ha.

Just curious: is buying another PPV even an option for you anymore? I feel like at times buying a PPV nowadays, that is not WM or BFG, is something I would not even think about doing.

PSOjedi
07-07-2012, 12:28 PM
I won't buy it
I won't stream it
I won't pass it

I'm in France, so I can not see the ppv live, so I have no choice to download it on Monday from the newsgroups

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-07-2012, 12:35 PM
I won't buy it
I won't stream it
I won't pass it

I'm in France, so I can not see the ppv live, so I have no choice to download it on Monday from the newsgroups

I guess that would qualify as a stream. Too bad you do not get another option. I think the UK gets it for free.

SESAfro
07-07-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm streaming it since I'm a broke college student. :)

PSOjedi
07-07-2012, 01:08 PM
I guess that would qualify as a stream. Too bad you do not get another option. I think the UK gets it for free.

OK I voted Stream ^^
But if I could I would by it. I really like this ppv, so I would pay for it

Merce Maddux
07-07-2012, 01:25 PM
I am buying. Slamaversary was awesome and this card is even better. Im hoping because of Dakota's broken nose, we see an old X-Division star comeback (Petey Williams, Tony Nesse) or have Joey Ryan get an invite. They didn't use Alex Silva or Mark Haskins due to money, which is a shame. Other then that, this is a solid card.

Also, I predicting Sonjay Dutt for the win, but the win starts a solid feud with Kenny King.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-07-2012, 01:32 PM
I am buying. Slamaversary was awesome and this card is even better. Im hoping because of Dakota's broken nose, we see an old X-Division star comeback (Petey Williams, Tony Nesse) or have Joey Ryan get an invite. They didn't use Alex Silva or Mark Haskins due to money, which is a shame. Other then that, this is a solid card.

Also, I predicting Sonjay Dutt for the winning, but the win starts a solid feud with Kenny King.

I love the first idea. The whole injury thing never came to my mind. I would mark out for Petey or even Sharkboy!

The underline thing is a shame. I don't think Haskins has been on TNA programming since he almost killed himself at a PPV. If they are not going to use them for Dest-X, they just as well should take them off the roster.

Cabers
07-07-2012, 02:05 PM
I always stream ppvs so yeah stream!

AlexWorldOrder
07-07-2012, 02:44 PM
I bought Slammiversary... After that I told myself that I wouldn't stream any PPV that I really wanted to watch. That PPV was amazing. I'd love to pay for this one, but I won't be home for two days and you can only keep ppv's like that in your DVR for 24hrs, which is fucking lame; otherwise I'd would have definitely bought.

kersh
07-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Yeah us in the UK get to see the TNA PPV's for free on the following wednesday night. i never stay up to watch the show but im a lazy downloader/streamer. i look on youtube or dailymotion (normally do). if i cant find it ill simply wait till wednesday

Am I Strange?
07-07-2012, 04:43 PM
I shall be doing none of the above, Being a UK viewer TNA PPV's are shown free on tv :)

comaband76
07-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Would love to see Petey back!! Loving the fact that Dutt is back, too!!

kersh
07-07-2012, 05:44 PM
and not only is it free in the UK. its also available to everyone, no cable or sat needed. just a standard freeview set up. wants he has finished with park do you think bully ray could deal with the go compare man?

The Phantom Menace
07-07-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm buying the show. I bought last years, it wasn't great but I enjoyed it. Hell when you drop $40 bucks on a PPV, I guess you better just enjoy it. Someone else said that they only buy WM & BFG, that's exactly how I feel. I work hard for my money & think that the promotion(not the wrestlers) need to work for it to. From '05 til late '08 I was buying every TNA PPV. Now I do maybe 2 a year.

The Slayer
07-08-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm buying it. I always get Destination X. One of my favorite PPVs usually.