PDA

View Full Version : I'm DONE!!

WWTNA
11-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Ok so watching TNA this week was like watching ECW/WCW on WWE Classics on demand. We have Immortal/NWO with the dumbest promo ever! Hogan giving Jeff Hardy that Transformers belt we call the TNA World Title! Then Hogan throwing the old TNA belt in the trash can. Then you had Bubba turning on Devon. Why am I not surprised? Now we can see fat out of shape wreslers fight. Great! Then we seen Rhyno turn on EV whatever by spearing RVD and hitting Tommy Dreammer in the back with a steal chair. It doesn't make sense for Rhyno to join Tihe Killers of TNA, I mean The Immortals. They should've put Tommy Dreammer in then Rhyno. We get an odd/funny promo from Pope and Eric Bishoff. It was funny but long as hell. Also we get a match between S.R and AJ Styles for the TNA Legends/Global/TV title. S.R is in great shape and is a good wrestler but come on. For him to get a push and TNA has alot of young talented wretlers, is stupid. Well i'm done with TNA. They are just killing themselves.

My question is are you done with TNA the ECW/WCW era?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Ize8jOR_fX8HuM:http://s603.photobucket.com/albums/tt117/tpwwcaps/02-22-09/SmackDown/004.jpg&t=1
THEY"RE BOOING ME!

Bodom
11-12-2010, 06:04 PM
I quit watching Impact after Bound For Glory. I have enough shit going on as it is, I don't need the added headache

Dameduse823
11-12-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm done, I didn't watch this week but I read teh spoiler for next week and teh way they disrespect raven and continue to pointlessly push the zombies we call immortal, and the moronic Undertaker rip by pope... I'm done

Kid_Gangsta
11-12-2010, 06:49 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/20k9kki.gif your from Garfield. but yeah i lost faith in TNA back in late 2008, when the Mainevent Mafia was formed...

SilverGhost
11-12-2010, 06:55 PM
I was at the verge of not watching TNA because of BFG but I gave them a chance with Turning Point. They keep blowing it. Now I don't watch it.

straightedge916
11-12-2010, 07:10 PM
I stopped watch TNA, back in like 2008 too. It just really got stupid, and i hate how they think they are the best wrestling company ever, when currently they are being beat by almost every show, WWE puts on.

Bodom
11-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Hell I bet Superstars draws a higher rating than TNA

Bodom
11-12-2010, 07:15 PM
At least WWE Superstars have more wrestling than TNA.

A sad truth

SilverGhost
11-12-2010, 07:18 PM

I am not surpised if this is true.

thedag
11-12-2010, 07:29 PM

ryan will blame it on football or 20 other things.

6maximum6carnage6
11-12-2010, 07:36 PM
i could give two-shits fuck about story lines & politics. i watch wrestling for wrestling. ever since the internet wrestling community started all people do is bitch, then they give you what you want so you bitch about something else, then they try and fix that & you still bitch. my point.. wrestling is wrestling, in the 90's they re-used stuff from the 80's, and 80's from the 70's but did we bitch then?.. nah not really. the entire iwc just likes to bitch, instead of focusing on what we liked from a certain show or recent angles we find interesting like we used to, now we come together to bitch about the shit we don't like. its all about perception & how you wanna look at it. i love wrestling, wwe or tna it doesn't matter to me. the only thing in wrestling i will trash & bitch about is john cena (when see him on tv i get this "seriously..what the fuck?!?" look) but i digress. wrestling is wrestling, i'll watch regardless.

evilgenius780
11-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Over the past 2-3 years Ive tuned into impact once every 1-3 months, to give it a fair chance, and Ive always hated it. Every time I tune in, there has been 10 heel and face turns since the last time I watched, often involving the same people. I remember seeing episodes that did not feature a single one on one, regular match, and the gimmick matches they have had, were just awful.

The only thing I have ever like about TNA is the roster, however, rather then just going with the great roster they have, they keep adding more and more names. Its good to have big names on your show, but adding them is not going to help, when the roster was the only good thing they had to begin with.

I am surprised TNA has a fan base, but I'm glad there are people willing to sit through this, in hopes that the company survive, and one day, actually be half decent, and perhaps go on to be some form of competition for the WWE.

I will admit, I was a Hogan fan (give me a break, I was like 5 when Hulkamania was at its peak), I am a Ric Flair, Sting, ect, ect fan. But there does come a point when there isn't anything left to contribute. The odd appearance is fine, but if TNA keeps plugging up their whole timeslot with these guys, there will not be much of a future.

PS...while typing this Samoa Joe has turned heel, and then face again.

Mr. McMahon
11-12-2010, 08:22 PM
the funny thing is people make these threads all the time claiming that they are 'done' watching wwe/tna. then next week they are back watching the show. then a while later they say the same thing, the cycle repeats. No one really stops watching it.

evilgenius780
11-12-2010, 08:28 PM
the funny thing is people make these threads all the time claiming that they are 'done' watching wwe/tna. then next week they are back watching the show. then a while later they say the same thing, the cycle repeats. No one really stops watching it.

Very true, I will still tune into Impact every now and then and see if it gets better, I have never stopped watching WWE, and probably never will. Take the worst episode of Raw, its still better then half the crap on TV

FaceOfSpades
11-12-2010, 08:28 PM
i could give two-shits fuck about story lines & politics. i watch wrestling for wrestling. ever since the internet wrestling community started all people do is bitch, then they give you what you want so you bitch about something else, then they try and fix that & you still bitch. my point.. wrestling is wrestling, in the 90's they re-used stuff from the 80's, and 80's from the 70's but did we bitch then?.. nah not really. the entire iwc just likes to bitch, instead of focusing on what we liked from a certain show or recent angles we find interesting like we used to, now we come together to bitch about the shit we don't like. its all about perception & how you wanna look at it. i love wrestling, wwe or tna it doesn't matter to me. the only thing in wrestling i will trash & bitch about is john cena (when see him on tv i get this "seriously..what the fuck?!?" look) but i digress. wrestling is wrestling, i'll watch regardless.

well technically the iwc is about backstage and politics. without it we would barely know about the happenings in wrestling. theres always gonna be something to bitch about in wrestling unless ur 10. and if the iwc aint complaining bout wrestling their bitchin about the iwc.

FaceOfSpades
11-12-2010, 08:31 PM

you should fire some of these people sir for being over opinionated. didnt you fire god at one point? and the entire crowd?

Rich Cranium
11-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Very true, I will still tune into Impact every now and then and see if it gets better, I have never stopped watching WWE, and probably never will. Take the worst episode of Raw, its still better then half the crap on TV

I often rant on TNA, but do go back maybe once or twice per month to see what's going on. I don't purchase the TNA PPV's, but I read the results and am never dissapointed for not investing. Point is, they have a lot of improving to do but as a wrestling fan in general, I gotta stay current.

SilverGhost
11-12-2010, 08:33 PM

I stopped watching it.

6maximum6carnage6
11-12-2010, 08:35 PM
"get used to it" oh nah bro, i could care less about you stating your opinion, or your opinion itself for that matter. all im saying is its funny how people like you like to bitch. so keep bitching....cause im used to it

Thewoodcutter
11-12-2010, 08:53 PM
I started watching wrestling in the late 80's-early 90's and right now both WWE and TNA suck. But I continue to watch them both cause I have been a huge fan of pro wrasslin for so many years. I often find myself DVRing them and skipping through most of them. I was in high school for the Atittude era and that was truly amazing. My friends and I even built a ring in a barn and wrestled every weekend. I'ts sad what state pro wrestling is in right now.

SilverGhost
11-12-2010, 09:01 PM
I started watching wrestling in the late 80's-early 90's and right now both WWE and TNA suck. But I continue to watch them both cause I have been a huge fan of pro wrasslin for so many years. I often find myself DVRing them and skipping through most of them. I was in high school for the Atittude era and that was truly amazing. My friends and I even built a ring in a barn and wrestled every weekend. I'ts sad what state pro wrestling is in right now.

I agree. But we do understand the position on both sides.

TNA is craptacular in storylines, but the diamond in the rough is their tag team division.

WWE is great storylines but dumbed down for kids. The wrestling could be a bit better.

But people can conform to what they watch. (Though I give my pity to the Impact Zone people)

Cain
11-12-2010, 09:10 PM
I continue to watch both no matter how much one of them may end up sucking. Both sides have their uppers an their downers.

6maximum6carnage6
11-12-2010, 09:36 PM
So why the fuck did you even comment back then?

you trying to start shit with me over nothing. grow up kid

macstar77
11-12-2010, 10:05 PM
WWE Superstars has more wrestling than Raw, Smackdown, NXT and TNA Impact!

SilverGhost
11-12-2010, 10:18 PM
I continue to watch both no matter how much one of them may end up sucking. Both sides have their uppers an their downers.

I understand this. I gave TNA chances though but they disappoint. Their storylines completely overshadow their good wrestling now.

SilverGhost
11-13-2010, 01:27 AM
Okay so you're done with tna? So why are you strictly watching now? wwe ? Really? I mean unless you're just watchig roh, otherwise you should stop bitching cuz unless all of you; whether you like it or not... You have to give tna ratings in order for wwe to get better, I enjoy tna cuz I love the attitude era and it is exactly like it. Even if I don't enjoy one episode of impact I still continue to watch cuz I give them continuous chances and I want them to succeed for them to be competition to the fuckin mamoth. You stop supporting tna and all you have left is wwe's flacid shit product.

Or OR! We have spoilers! xD

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-13-2010, 02:54 AM
I'm gonna be generous to TNA on this one mainly because, unlike most of you guys, I don't think TNA has put on bad programming under Bischoff/Hogan. That is until Bound for Glory where they completely f'ed it up with the Immortal Storyline. I really wasn't a fan from the beginning, but even with the storyline they could have been doing a whole lot better than what they have been. The thing with every successful "takeover" gimmick there was always someone else at the top vying for power. In other words for every Vince McMahon there was a Linda McMahon or a Commissioner Stone Cold for simple purposes of checks and balances. So imma give TNA until the next ppv for them to either get Dixie Carter back in the picture to balance the power or some of these faces start to get together and start whoopin some Immortal ass (and I'm talkin sweeping the ppv like Immortal did at turning point).

Dameduse823
11-13-2010, 03:00 AM
So imma give TNA until the next ppv for them to either get Dixie Carter back in the picture to balance the power or some of these faces start to get together and start whoopin some Immortal ass (and I'm talkin sweeping the ppv like Immortal did at turning point).

I understand completely what your saying but the fact is that Hogan will never allow that to happen unless, surprise of surprises, he suddenly turns face and leads the charge. Since hogan and bishoff came in every major story line, they've been a part of. Every minor storyline, they've been a part of. Every seemingly pointless random second of the show that doesn't involve the beautiful peoples asses waving in front of cameras they have been apart of. Since coming in they have both gone from face to heal and vise versa more then guys who have been in the company since the start.

Whatever happens you can be assured that they are gonna be the first twp people om camera and teh last two people off camera

t34mplayer
11-13-2010, 03:24 AM
I don't like the way the show is going right now especially because they have some great talent on the roster.
Their angles and story lines just do not utilize these people to their potential.

(keep in mind that's just ma opinion n stuff)

Will keep watching it when its on, but the show has become stale. Just one of those ones where ye just want to stay in the loop. :/

TheBeardOfZeus
11-13-2010, 03:32 AM
Ill be honest, the coverage for TNA in the UK isn't great, i never know when it's on so haven't really watched it.

I decided to try it and watched an episode on YouTube, just so I could see what it was like, and the majority of it was a mess. The best part was easily the three way tag match between GenMe, MCMG and Ink Inc., the rest of the show was Flair and Bischoff, and it was so difficult to watch. And i don't understand the rave reviews for the Knockouts, they brawled for 15 mins at the start, and i don't think i've ever been so bored.

What TNA is trying to serve just doesn't sit right with me, don't think it ever will.

Bodom
11-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Ill be honest, the coverage for TNA in the UK isn't great, i never know when it's on so haven't really watched it.

I decided to try it and watched an episode on YouTube, just so I could see what it was like, and the majority of it was a mess. The best part was easily the three way tag match between GenMe, MCMG and Ink Inc., the rest of the show was Flair and Bischoff, and it was so difficult to watch. And i don't understand the rave reviews for the Knockouts, they brawled for 15 mins at the start, and i don't think i've ever been so bored.

What TNA is trying to serve just doesn't sit right with me, don't think it ever will.

The KO division was a lot better a few years ago

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-13-2010, 01:49 PM
I understand completely what your saying but the fact is that Hogan will never allow that to happen unless, surprise of surprises, he suddenly turns face and leads the charge. Since hogan and bishoff came in every major story line, they've been a part of. Every minor storyline, they've been a part of. Every seemingly pointless random second of the show that doesn't involve the beautiful peoples asses waving in front of cameras they have been apart of. Since coming in they have both gone from face to heal and vise versa more then guys who have been in the company since the start.

Whatever happens you can be assured that they are gonna be the first twp people om camera and teh last two people off camera

I hope your wrong, because if you aren't, TNA has offically lost a fan, at least until this storyline goes away.

Necroyeti
11-13-2010, 02:24 PM

http://imgur.com/rrCQL.png

PersonalPet98
11-13-2010, 02:57 PM
U're right on about TNA, i was looking forward to Hogan and Bischoff coming in and taking it over, I figured it'd become more like the early days of WCW, but it came more like the late days of NWA. GAHHHHHH! What lameness, no good matches, no good story lines, nothing. So i'm just about through with TNA and WWE, someone needs to tell these guys that wrestling is in a world of trouble........

Necroyeti
11-13-2010, 03:01 PM
http://chud.com/articles/content_images/53/reviews/roh_2/roh_blood_rev00.jpg

Bodom
11-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Wars. WWTNA. Enough. Either take your bickering to PMs or I wont hesistate to hand out infractions.

Mazza
11-13-2010, 07:55 PM
There's not as much wrestling as I'd like, but I got bored with WWE. Same faces, who usually can't work (Batista, Cena, Khali, Sheamus and all the divas). At least with TNA, theres Angle, MCMG, Styles, Joe, Wolfe etc. They're not used as well as they should be but it's better than WWE, and I can't try ROH in the UK

Necroyeti
11-13-2010, 08:38 PM
and I can't try ROH in the UK
Neither can I, but you can quite easily stream/download episodes of ROH on HDNet from here (http://destinationwrestling.forumcommunity.net/?f=5622031), tvcram (http://tvcram.com/), desirulez (http://www.desirulez.net/), pwtorrents (http://special.pwtorrents.net/index.php) etc.

Or, y'know... buy some DVDs from their website if you're making some decent coin.

IrkenInvader
11-15-2010, 02:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZp8T5r-Nx8&feature=related

Bodom
11-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Bodom and SG wanted to shoot me. Im just a clown

this is a first. A clown who can't take a joke

xAzureSkye
11-15-2010, 05:37 PM
And i don't understand the rave reviews for the Knockouts, they brawled for 15 mins at the start, and i don't think i've ever been so bored.

the Knockouts are amazing wrestlers, thats the rave reviews, they get better ratings than the men & put on better matches then the men do, the brawl was amazing, not boring, at least it's a change from what we see on TNA EVERY WEEK, at least the Knockouts know how to change it up a bit & bring about original matches. Honestly the Knockouts Division is amazing w/ Mickie, Tara, Sarita, Hamada, Winter etc.

MitchSpade
11-18-2010, 08:11 AM
TNA use to claim WE ARE WRESTLING, Someone wanna call TNA and tell them to BE WRESTLING again cause now its just endless boring promos from hulk and bischoff that seem like i've accidentally watched old WCW promos all over again Hulk Hogan has been the same sense the 80's he needs to change. It seems like there taking up half the roster they use just to have this immortal and theres only like 4 wrestlers who are actually going against them. EV 2.0 is basically just all getting fired one at a time till there down to the guys who were there before Hardcore Justice PPV. There making a mockery out of the old HArdcore days. And there pushing there originals out the window like Eric Young just to keep guys like orlando jordan......like come on TNA hit yourself with a hammer and realize that we dont want this crap we want WRESTLING with a good back up story not the same old crap week after week. Matter of fact if you wanna know what happens on impact this week its the same that happened last week, and the week before that.

Splattered-Dreams
11-18-2010, 09:20 AM
TNA use to claim WE ARE WRESTLING, Someone wanna call TNA and tell them to BE WRESTLING again cause now its just endless boring promos from hulk and bischoff that seem like i've accidentally watched old WCW promos all over again Hulk Hogan has been the same sense the 80's he needs to change. It seems like there taking up half the roster they use just to have this immortal and theres only like 4 wrestlers who are actually going against them. EV 2.0 is basically just all getting fired one at a time till there down to the guys who were there before Hardcore Justice PPV. There making a mockery out of the old HArdcore days. And there pushing there originals out the window like Eric Young just to keep guys like orlando jordan......like come on TNA hit yourself with a hammer and realize that we dont want this crap we want WRESTLING with a good back up story not the same old crap week after week. Matter of fact if you wanna know what happens on impact this week its the same that happened last week, and the week before that.

As much as I think TNA is kinda alright, I could not agree more!

sysop
11-19-2010, 05:46 PM
I still watch, but not the whole show. Why I stopped watching intently every week:

1. TNA had all this talent then sidelines them to bring in has-beens or never-wases. Orlando in, Daniels out? WTF That's just one example. Eric Y out, Robbie V in? WTF. Jersey shore? WTF. Nash leaves and I read they're trying to get him back? WTF. Why? He hasn't had a good match (subjectively) since the outsiders were fresh 15 years ago. Re-sign the Dudleys? WTF. Why? They're done. There will not be a single **** match from either of them ever again. The only talent over 40 they should ever re-sign is Flair. Flair gets a pass, otherwise hiring/extending contracts for anyone over 40 only makes sense when they're your friends. Sting was awesome...in 1989. There's a reason there's not a seniors UFC league you dig. Ok, bring out the slow cripples, it's main event time.

2. No follow-through or logic held in storylines. Taylor Wilde is champ, but not on for months? WTF do they even have Womens tag belts. Defended once if? Joe is kidnapped. Oh, no he's back and I guess nothing ever happened. I totally expect a knockout to give birth to a foot soon out of the blue with no explanation before or after. AJ is mini-flair. Now he's not, no reason explained. AJ is champ...no, Rob's here. Hogan says he built the company on Rob from the ground up then Rob's gone? WTF planning was that? ODB and kong leave and the next best thing was TBP doing more skits and adding a talentless member? WTF. The angles don't have to all be sizzling, but THEY SHOULD ALL HAVE A START, A MIDDLE, AND A FINISH. Maybe Jim Herd could offer some pointers. I remember going to BFG (I think it was) in Altanta when Pac Man was supposed to fight and when the match comes up no examination at all, Creedence whoever comes out, first time he's been seen and subs in. Bait and switch much? Yup. Can't figure out why PPV buys are down? Shocking.

3. too much skits, not enough action. Newsflash, if I wanted bad acting I'd watch Jersey Shore. If I wanted to see old men talk I'd watch cnn. hey, this idiot was on some reality TV show 4 years ago. We must have them! Um, they can't wrestle. Ok, we'll have them TALK! It's not as craptastic as the SNL WWE era, but it's close.

4. Keep pushing the same lame crap week after week. Then when nothing sticks they change everything and start again with no explanation and no real direction. We seem to not get the payoff ever because they're busy trying to push the new direction towards some PPV that promises to be less terrible than the last. That didn't work...let's SWERVE them! Again. Ok, rinse and re-swerve. Ok, "THEY" will do it. Crap, Al Perez is busy and won't be the black scorpion..err...THEY.

5. the IWC feels Hogan and Bischoff are not worthy. I agree. Go away. Go back to WWE. Shame neither will leave till all the kids and cousins have jobs, they've used TNA as a pulpit, and all the money dries up. Meanwhile let's pay the women next to nothing and get Hogan another limo.

Bodom
11-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Excellent post and very spot on.

But one question. Sign nobody over 40 besides Flair? What about Kurt Angle?

SilverGhost
11-19-2010, 06:05 PM

Kurt Angle is the man and should be around than Flair.

Bodom
11-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Kurt Angle is the man and should be around than Flair.

Eh....I wouldn't say that. Have Kurt as in-ring talent and Flair as a Manager.

sysop
11-19-2010, 06:18 PM

1996 olympic hero. 2011 wrestler. Two different people all together. Kurt should stop, but will not. TNA will re-sign him and let him use his body up until he dynamite kids himself trying to keep up with people 1/2 his age. The reason for Flair is Flair was literally the man for at least a decade in both big leagues and in the business for multiple decades in promenant positions. He's un-fit to wrestlle, but I'd pay to watch Mickie Mantle strike out anytime if that were the only way I could see the greats.

Angle is not on the same level. He had a good run, but not legendary. A few legendary matches. A few memorable skits. No where near Flair on the emotion chart of many people and nowhere near the staying power. Angle did refresh nicely with his climbing the ropes angle till that fizzled out. Now, minus a feud with Jeff playing off real life (which is likely not a smart move for these peoples personal lives) what is there to see? I respect what Kurt has given to the fans, but Benoit was never going to make 50 with his intensity and neither will Kurt. Even though I enjoy Angle, today's style will not be viable for Angle too much longer. Either he becomes another hobbling, blading, run-in swerve guy or he really cripples himself in the next 10 or he gets into a stable with other crippled folks (MEM V2).

I'm sure many will dis-agree, but it's my opinion for sure.

Sure, he'll be back. Down with the slinglet, ankle lock, PPV promotion in full effect. But what is there for him to do outside of fued with another old guy people want to see Joe smush (count on a swerve there too)?

Bodom
11-19-2010, 06:24 PM
1996 olympic hero. 2011 wrestler. Two different people all together. Kurt should stop, but will not. TNA will re-sign him and let him use his body up until he dynamite kids himself trying to keep up with people 1/2 his age. The reason for Flair is Flair was literally the man for at least a decade in both big leagues and in the business for multiple decades in promenant positions. He's un-fit to wrestlle, but I'd pay to watch Mickie Mantle strike out anytime if that were the only way I could see the greats.

Angle is not on the same level. He had a good run, but not legendary. A few legendary matches. A few memorable skits. No where near Flair on the emotion chart of many people and nowhere near the staying power. Angle did refresh nicely with his climbing the ropes angle till that fizzled out. Now, minus a feud with Jeff playing off real life (which is likely not a smart move for these peoples personal lives) what is there to see? I respect what Kurt has given to the fans, but Benoit was never going to make 50 with his intensity and neither will Kurt. Even though I enjoy Angle, today's style will not be viable for Angle too much longer. Either he becomes another hobbling, blading, run-in swerve guy or he really cripples himself in the next 10 or he gets into a stable with other crippled folks (MEM V2).

I'm sure many will dis-agree, but it's my opinion for sure.

Sure, he'll be back. Down with the slinglet, ankle lock, PPV promotion in full effect. But what is there for him to do outside of fued with another old guy people want to see Joe smush (count on a swerve there too)?

I understand what you're saying and agree completely. But I still believe someone like Kurt Angle will always have something to offer. You make an excellent point and are probably right about Angle doing it till he turns Dynamite Kid or dies.