PDA

View Full Version : Just a MITB idea

gav3star
07-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Hey guys, I'm a new member here (long time viewer!). Had my account for over a year or so... but just decided to make my first post!

So anyway, my idea was about the MITB matches. I've always had the idea what if a way to keep the MITB match and idea fresh, that they perform a run in? This could mean that Wade Barrett could win the briefcase without labouring through a match.

Hear me out. What if during the RAW or Smackdown MITB match, after a grueling match you get Wade Barrett perform a run in via the ramp or through the crowd, push over the ladder (said participant oversells the bump) and Wade resets the ladder and decides to climb and grab the briefcase. How would this affect that shows landscape?

Surely this would conjure up quite a fresh and new idea for creative, and it could definitely lead to a load of options to take the story. How would the GM react, would he have to give up the briefcase as a non-participant in the match. Could he hold the briefcase till he's back from injury? Would there a power struggle between him and the powers that could lead to another ... 'lawsuit' type storyline (which I fricking hate!).

Anyway, thanks for reading guys. I'm Scottish... and I'm Gavin.

bearkg88
07-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Interesting. First off, cool to see your first post! And I like the idea. it is different, and i think it would lead to an interesting storyline. Could have it to where there is only 1 person who could grab it, but someone else runs in, gets it instead, and it becomes a feud as to who should be the winner.

CGBigMan
07-06-2012, 06:25 PM
hello and welcome Gavin
im scottish two

it is an interesting idea
i dont think theyve ever mentioned a rule which stops this happened

gav3star
07-06-2012, 06:41 PM
It's just something I'd always pictured Edge during his 'ultimate opportunist' character doing.

If not this year, I wouldn't mind seeing this idea happening at least once, but I would much prefer it to be used in a 'push to the moon' sense. Think Dean Ambrose.... Couple months of promo's, mix them up, a Y2J like countdown (kids wouldn't remember)... and BOOOOM. During a MITB match, he comes out ... smashes at least 4 guys, then takes the briefcase. Holds it for a few months... tells a date and place, and cashes it in to major success.

It instantly create a star, but it would be too much of a risk for WWE to take I think. But would love to see it happen.

TheDerkelberk
07-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Not neccessarily. With there being two money in the bank matches, there is room to experiment with one, whilst the other get the tried and tested 'winning forumula' so to speak.

HeelTurn
07-06-2012, 07:15 PM
They would probably deny them and say they weren't a part of it. If a heel GM (Johnny Ace) was in charge though they could do that, have one of his favourites run in last minute and win the briefcase, possibly even someone who lost the respective title earlier in the night.

The Brown One
07-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Sounds like an interesting idea! I don't know how they would make it work though..especially since all 8 spots in the WHC MITB match will be filled up. Like Heelturn said, if it were a face GM, they wouldn't allow it. If it were John Laurinaitus, he would try to get someone to win it and say it's legal since he runs the show.

Personally, I don't think it makes sense to have a run in, from someone who didn't qualify to be in the match, screwing over some guys that have waited years for their world title opportunity - like Tyson Kidd, Dolph Ziggler etc.

The Hit Man
07-07-2012, 06:03 PM
I was actually thinking that this could happen in the WWE Championship MITB match but with Miz running in. It would be a good time to do it as there is no permanent GM so no one could really prevent it from happening.

aweso_me
07-07-2012, 06:49 PM
What if the winner of the first MITB of the night ran in and took the second briefcase? Now there's an idea

The Brown One
07-07-2012, 07:21 PM
What if the winner of the first MITB of the night ran in and took the second briefcase? Now there's an idea

They can't afford to do it at this time. They need to build as many new stars as possible, and by putting both MITBs on one wrestler is a waste.

Cabers
07-08-2012, 10:36 AM
They can't afford to do it at this time. They need to build as many new stars as possible, and by putting both MITBs on one wrestler is a waste.

And straight up would be retarded!