PDA

View Full Version : Dolph Ziggler VS. Shelton Benjamin..What could have been

King Scrapper
07-06-2012, 10:36 AM
The title speaks for itself. Out of all the potential dream matches that could have been, I think Ziggler vs Benjamin would have been epic. Both are amazing wrestlers with very similar styles except Ziggler is more grounded.WWE needs Shelton Benjamin back. He was definitely someone they dropped the ball on. Sound off with any thoughts or opinions you have on this.

XxJPPRxX
07-06-2012, 10:42 AM
I could quite possibly see this match main eventing wrestlemania for the wwe title and stealing the show, that's if Shelton had a manager to cover up his mic skills.

Pumpkinhead
07-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Yeah both are great talents but Benjamin has no charisma, it would have been an IC title match at best

King Scrapper
07-06-2012, 10:45 AM
100 percent agreed. Benjamin had some charisma when he had the gold standard gimick but not a lot. He would definitely need a manager to carry his promos. But it would definitely be a Wrestlemania quality match

Y2Jryder
07-06-2012, 11:00 AM
You mean this dream match?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlKUADNXZqY

ajstyless
07-06-2012, 11:12 AM
The title speaks for itself. Out of all the potential dream matches that could have been, I think Ziggler vs Benjamin would have been epic. Both are amazing wrestlers with very similar styles except Ziggler is more grounded.WWE needs Shelton Benjamin back. He was definitely someone they dropped the ball on. Sound off with any thoughts or opinions you have on this.

Only one problem Shelton has no mic skills, he can work great match but promos required for the match build up would be disastrous (considering Ziggler mic skills are not that great as well)

mindwarrior
07-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Awesome. i prefer one more...

Cabers
07-06-2012, 02:00 PM

Ahhh you dick you beat me to it lol

HeelTurn
07-06-2012, 04:00 PM
I still don't know why he was released. Sure he wouldn't have made WWE champ, but he should have been kept on to make the mid-card exciting.

A feud between the 2 would have given us some entertaining matches, but the promos not so much.

Unless we have a Vickie/Mama Benjamin throwdown.

SilverGhost
07-06-2012, 04:09 PM
It would have been a 5 star match if they were given time to build it up.

masakaritko
07-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Shelton asked for his release. He was content as a tag team wrestler with haas, and wee wanted to keep him as a singles wrestler, so after Haas was released, he saw an opportunity to pair up again elsewhere, so he asked for his release. If he wanted to go back to wwe he could go back any time he wanted. I guarantee it.

The Brown One
07-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Honestly if Shelton had taken the time to work on his mic skills, he would have gotten a bigger push. He was given few opportunities, but couldn't deliver. Ziggler on the other hand capitalized on every time he was given a mic, and delivered good promos. We could see a great US/IC feud with Ziggler and Shelton, being as good as Bryan - Ziggler.

King Scrapper
07-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Out of most of the releases over the last few years, I'm pretty sure that Shelton is probably one of the few that can easily come back at any time.