PDA

View Full Version : e-Feds need to have a contingency plan.

AirBourne
07-05-2012, 08:09 PM
I've been around EWN e-Feds for almost a year now, but this is something I've not seen get bad until now, and I just wanted to say something about this, and I know I'll probably get a good amount of heat for it, but I think it needs to be said. Before I say all this, I want to get some things clear, I am not perfect, and I've made mistakes here on EWN and have left people hanging. Case in point, IWF and any other eFed I was in creative on. Also, I am NOT obsessed with eFedding, but do enjoy it very much. My mother passed away not long ago and the reason I came back so quickly is because I enjoy doing this, and I love this, being creative here, and also, of all the great people here. But also to me, and hopefully everyone else, personal life ALWAYS comes before this. There is not one person here I don't like or even think any negatively about. But, what pains me, is that I see all these great eFeds, and I am NOT blaming any person or think any body is at fault in ANY way, please do not get me wrong. But I see all of these great eFeds, like EWA and WWE and almost HWA, (and I know the situation was different, with their head creative and another writer being banned and almost a 3rd, but just saying) not being active due to lack of amount of creative writers. And that is because of the lack of interest of being a creative writer and taking on that extra workload I think. Now I love writing, I really do, I just personally can't commit the time to it because of my ever-changing schedule, and the fact, that well, not to get sympathy, but I am still in somewhat of a stage of mourning. But I just hate to see all of these great eFeds become inactive, and defunct basically because of the lack of shows. And I again, I am NOT calling anyone out or blaming anyone, 90% of the time, if not more, it is because of personal life, which is COMPLETELY understandable by far. And because of that, and no back up plan, and no good amount of creative members in most of the eFeds, some of the great eFeds around are suffering, and the people in it are too due to having a hard time ICing people, over and over again, with nothing else to argue or talk about due to the lack of shows, it just becomes repetitive. But I have to give credit to Krysys and Yes2J. Krysys made an awesome decision to keep his two feds alive by merging them, making TWE. And to 2J, who stepped up in a time of need for ICW when Bear had to leave, which I only give him the most props there are to give for managing everything until it was absolutely too much. But the point is, that I can only hope more people will step up, or that...unfortunately, maybe the feds would have to die, or be shut down, hopefully not for long, but until things are better. And I would definitely do this, step up, I just can't promise my time, with my unpredictable schedule. I just love all the eFeds here, and wouldn't want to see any of them go. I hope no body gets angry about this, I am NOT, I repeat, NOT directing this at anyone. I just felt like I had to say this, that's all. I just want to help the Feds in anyway possible and maybe this, could help, I hope.

Thanks guys,
AB

No_1eddiefan
07-05-2012, 08:20 PM
I've been around EWN e-Feds for almost a year now, but this is something I've not seen get bad until now, and I just wanted to say something about this, and I know I'll probably get a good amount of heat for it, but I think it needs to be said. Before I say all this, I want to get some things clear, I am not perfect, and I've made mistakes here on EWN and have left people hanging. Case in point, IWF and any other eFed I was in creative on. Also, I am NOT obsessed with eFedding, but do enjoy it very much. My mother passed away not long ago and the reason I came back so quickly is because I enjoy doing this, and I love this, being creative here, and also, of all the great people here. But also to me, and hopefully everyone else, personal life ALWAYS comes before this. There is not one person here I don't like or even think any negatively about. But, what pains me, is that I see all these great eFeds, and I am NOT blaming any person or think any body is at fault in ANY way, please do not get me wrong. But I see all of these great eFeds, like EWA and WWE and almost HWA, (and I know the situation was different, with their head creative and another writer being banned and almost a 3rd, but just saying) not being active due to lack of amount of creative writers. And that is because of the lack of interest of being a creative writer and taking on that extra workload I think. Now I love writing, I really do, I just personally can't commit the time to it because of my ever-changing schedule, and the fact, that well, not to get sympathy, but I am still in somewhat of a stage of mourning. But I just hate to see all of these great eFeds become inactive, and defunct basically because of the lack of shows. And I again, I am NOT calling anyone out or blaming anyone, 90% of the time, if not more, it is because of personal life, which is COMPLETELY understandable by far. And because of that, and no back up plan, and no good amount of creative members in most of the eFeds, some of the great eFeds around are suffering, and the people in it are too due to having a hard time ICing people, over and over again, with nothing else to argue or talk about due to the lack of shows, it just becomes repetitive. But I have to give credit to Krysys and Yes2J. Krysys made an awesome decision to keep his two feds alive by merging them, making TWE. And to 2J, who stepped up in a time of need for ICW when Bear had to leave, which I only give him the most props there are to give for managing everything until it was absolutely too much. But the point is, that I can only hope more people will step up, or that...unfortunately, maybe the feds would have to die, or be shut down, hopefully not for long, but until things are better. And I would definitely do this, step up, I just can't promise my time, with my unpredictable schedule. I just love all the eFeds here, and wouldn't want to see any of them go. I hope no body gets angry about this, I am NOT, I repeat, NOT directing this at anyone. I just felt like I had to say this, that's all. I just want to help the Feds in anyway possible and maybe this, could help, I hope.

Thanks guys,
AB

HWA is as active as ever mate, we just took a week off after a PPV because that's what we do.

I understand what you mean though. It's never great when people just disappear when they're needed.

AirBourne
07-05-2012, 08:23 PM
HWA is as active as ever mate, we just took a week off after a PPV because that's what we do.

I understand what you mean though. It's never great when people just disappear when they're needed.

No I know my friend, that is why I said ALMOST. You did a hell of a job getting it back on track so quickly, despite losing Broc, Sully and Giddy for a bit too.

Tommy Thunder
07-05-2012, 08:25 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again.
You know why some feds are suffering? Because there's too many e-feds and not enough people who want to be on creative around. In other words, we're spreading ourselves too thin.

There's currently 7 e-feds on EWN. 7!! Other forums I've seen have just 1 e-fed, and compared to said other forums, EWN is small believe it or not. So why there's 7 e-feds here is beyond me.
I can understand that there's people that are keen to be creative and all that, but if that's the case, instead of creating a brand new fed, why not join the creative team of an existing fed?

Back when it was just 3 feds all was good here, but once another, and another, and another, and another was created, it's all become spread way too thin. And because of that, when creative personel drop out, some feds struggle to make ends meet.
Take the WWE e-fed s a prime example. THBK has gone AWOL, and Eddie is the only creative person left and has been dumped the responsibility of being in charge of it now. But he's also in charge of HWA, 2 things he can't juggle doing at the same time. Because of that, it's likely that the WWE e-fed will have to close, since Eddie's priority is HWA. Case and point; spreading creative personnel too thin (sorry to use you there Eddie, but I was merely using that case as an example).

Of course, nothing can be done about that since nobody can force any fed to close, but in future, perhaps people should think twice about creating a new fed of their own, and instead, join the creative team of an existing fed if they want to get involved creatively.

No_1eddiefan
07-05-2012, 08:25 PM
No I know my friend, that is why I said ALMOST. You did a hell of a job getting it back on track so quickly, despite losing Broc, Sully and Giddy for a bit too.

I had a lot of help haha. But thanks mate :)

No_1eddiefan
07-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Back when it was just 3 feds all was good here, but once another, and another, and another, and another was created, it's all become spread way too thin. And because of that, when creative personel drop out, some feds struggle to make ends meet.
Take the WWE e-fed s a prime example. THBK has gone AWOL, and Eddie is the only creative person left and has been dumped the responsibility of being in charge of it now. But he's also in charge of HWA, 2 things he can't juggle doing at the same time. Because of that, it's likely that the WWE e-fed will have to close, since Eddie's priority is HWA. Case and point; spreading creative personnel too thin (sorry to use you there Eddie, but I was merely using that case as an example).

I completely agree with everything you've said bro, but these two paragraphs particularly, not just because you used me as an example (no problems with that) but because you speak the utter truth.

I'm genuinely worried about the future of the WWE fed, because as you say, my priority is HWA.

The fact is, there's 7 feds and apart from EWNCW-TWE, they have no connections to each other, which I think is also a problem.

There isn't likely to be any more mergers therefore meaning the amount of feds is unlikely to go down, meaning that it'll continue to be this way.

AirBourne
07-05-2012, 08:33 PM
You know why some feds are suffering? Because there's too many e-feds and not enough people who want to be on creative around. In other words, we're spreading ourselves too thin.

There's currently 7 e-feds on EWN. 7!! Other forums I've seen have just 1 e-fed, and compared to said other forums, EWN is small believe it or not. So why there's 7 e-feds here is beyond me.
I can understand that there's people that are keen to be creative and all that, but if that's the case, instead of creating a brand new fed, why not join the creative team of an existing fed?

Of course, nothing can be done about that since nobody can force any fed to close, but in future, perhaps people should think twice about creating a new fed of their own, and instead, join the creative team of an existing fed if they want to get involved creatively.

I totally agree, and that is what I am saying here too my friend. lol

AirBourne
07-05-2012, 08:34 PM
I completely agree with everything you've said bro, but these two paragraphs particularly, not just because you used me as an example (no problems with that) but because you speak the utter truth.

I'm genuinely worried about the future of the WWE fed, because as you say, my priority is HWA.

The fact is, there's 7 feds and apart from EWNCW-TWE, they have no connections to each other, which I think is also a problem.

There isn't likely to be any more mergers therefore meaning the amount of feds is unlikely to go down, meaning that it'll continue to be this way.

Exactly, but I ain't calling anyone out, but simply using the WWE Fed as an example.

Tommy Thunder
07-05-2012, 08:39 PM

The conclusion we came to the last time we had this conversation a few months back was that it's a simple case of sink or swim.

I should point out that some feds that have been started have a valid case to start up. For example, the WWE e-fed is a fresh concept that only that fed offers. TCW (or TWE as it is now) offered the chance to participate in a fed that provided fully written shows.
Feds with new concepts that aren't on offer from other feds are all good, but I question why feds that offer nothing different to what's already on offer start up.

bearkg88
07-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Here is my outlook on the matter. Take ICW. I love ICW, and I think one of the reasons it has been so success is it has been different in fully written shows, as well as the shows coming out either on time or ahead of time. Plus myself coming up with new and interesting ideas to generate interest. Do you know how long it takes to write a fully written show though. To give them the time they need and not half ass it, it takes me like 5 to 6 hrs to write a show, and that is not including coloring, adding in promo's, or editing. It takes a while. I think Tommy makes a valid point in that the efed section is cluttered. I don't mean that in a bad way, but why does there need to be 7? Why do people need to have 7 different characters or more, spread across. Why couldn't there just be 3 efeds, and those who wish to have multiple characters, could just spread them throughout the three.

AirBourne
07-05-2012, 08:46 PM
The conclusion we came to the last time we had this conversation a few months back was that it's a simple case of sink or swim.

I should point out that some feds that have been started have a valid case to start up. For example, the WWE e-fed is a fresh concept that only that fed offers. TCW (or TWE as it is now) offered the chance to participate in a fed that provided fully written shows.
Feds with new concepts that aren't on offer from other feds are all good, but I question why feds that offer nothing different to what's already on offer start up.

I can speak on that. Because they have their own ideas and want to be completely in charge, but I realize that ain't the way. Quality or quantity for eFeds in my opinion.

Tommy Thunder
07-05-2012, 08:50 PM
I can speak on that. Because they have their own ideas and want to be completely in charge, but I realize that ain't the way. Quality or quantity for eFeds in my opinion.

If people have their own ideas, then they ca apply those ideas into existing feds. The bosses of the feds here aren't dictators. I listen to all ideas that come from all of my creative team, and if the whole team agrees that it's a good idea, we use it. I don't just do what I want to do, I listen to the input of my whole team.

S.E. Zero
07-05-2012, 09:06 PM
If I remember correctly EWA is associated with JBW, TWE is associated with EWNCW and the way things are going I could see ICW being associated with HWA, so the only actual free fed out there is the WWE one and even that might go. So unless full mergers take place by say September, 6 feds are the likely numbers to have here in eWN; with the mergers of each of the big 3 feds with their smaller associated feds, as stated we could happily go back to just being 3 normal feds with any fed thereafter to be dismissed and closed down asap.

Just throwing that out there.

Tommy Thunder
07-05-2012, 09:14 PM
If I remember correctly EWA is associated with JBW, TWE is associated with EWNCW and the way things are going I could see ICW being associated with HWA, so the only actual free fed out there is the WWE one and even that might go. So unless full mergers take place by say September, 6 feds are the likely numbers to have here in eWN; with the mergers of each of the big 3 feds with their smaller associated feds, as stated we could happily go back to just being 3 normal feds with any fed thereafter to be dismissed and closed down asap.

Just throwing that out there.

The problem with the bolded is that the mods decided the last time we had this conversation that they wouldn't do that. They said that they "can't stop anyone who wants to express their creativity" or something like that.

S.E. Zero
07-05-2012, 09:16 PM
The problem with the bolded is that the mods decided the last time we had this conversation that they wouldn't do that. They said that they "can't stop anyone who wants to express their creativity" or something like that.

Sadly if things are to change in the eFed section and we want to reduce the numbers of feds there to what used to be the original 3, they will need to dismiss that original train of thought and look at the bigger picture: Less is More!!! :)

Tommy Thunder
07-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Sadly if things are to change in the eFed section and we want to reduce the numbers of feds there to what used to be the original 3, they will need to dismiss that original train of thought and look at the bigger picture: Less is More!!! :)

I know, hopefully they realize that.

AirBourne
07-05-2012, 09:28 PM
I know, hopefully they realize that.

Hopefully, just thought I would say all of this and see what happens..

Tommy Thunder
07-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Hopefully, just thought I would say all of this and see what happens..

It's ok man. It's an age old problem here. Nothing that hasn't been discussed before.

Poot-Hair
07-06-2012, 12:00 AM

Of course, nothing can be done about that since nobody can force any fed to close, but in future, perhaps people should think twice about creating a new fed of their own, and instead, join the creative team of an existing fed if they want to get involved creatively. You just said everything I was going to Tommy. We have too many efeds here. I personally wish that they would put a limit on the feds here and have 4 tops. EWNCW, JBW, HWA, and one more. There's no need to have this many here, seriously.

Robareid
07-06-2012, 02:26 AM
As I've said so many times before, in regards to EWA, I'd just like to point out that I didn't start EWA. I just signed up with a character because at the time because at the time JBW was very quiet. Suddenly, before I knew it, I was in charge of that place. It doesn't have a flashy new concept, and to be quite honest, if it was my decision I wouldn't have made EWA. However, it's been alive too long now, it's grown too big. Too many people are a part of it, and to be honest I couldn't kill it if I wanted to.

In regards to reports that EWA is dieing, sorry everyone, but that's bull. Complete bull. True, recently one of ourt creative members has decided to take a couple of months break, and one has gone inactive. However, I've asked if anybody wanted to help and join creative yesterday, and I've already got three responces. So yeah, we're fine, can't speak for the other feds, but we're fine

SilverGhost
07-06-2012, 04:13 AM
I see the concern and I do agree that we have too many efeds.

Here is what I propose: mergers.

Do we really need separate organizations? Somehow I don't think so. Especially when these organizations sometimes share ONE character for both. And the multiple use of characters for different organizations is a bit excessive( efed love taken to the next level lol)

So this is my idea: The top writers who have partnerships(Ex: JBW and EWA) get together and work out a merger. That way if a user that has multiple characters on both organizations will have an easy access and one stop place. The catch is that there will be more shows
(Ex: Monday Night YADAYADA, TUESDAY NIGHT CURLYMOUSTACHES, THURSDAY NIGHT YO MOMMA!) but seeing how it will be compressed and easy also giving the fact that most of you will be working with the same guys you know shouldn't be much of a problem.

Just throwing it out there. I do want a less number of feds though.

Yes2J
07-06-2012, 04:54 AM
A few points I would like to make based on what I have seen:
Real life does always take precedent, and it is VERY understandable. Basically when real life interferes too much, and forces someone to step down, they're simply a victim of circumstance.
I am taking over ICW, true, but I am not about to make guarantees on how long I will do it for. Unfortunately I find myself with less and less time to do things now-a-days. I started out 2010 going to college for the first time, next came some personal issues with friends and former-friends. Moving into 2011 I found my calling, to be in a band, in addition my newly acquired job, and college. Rolling into 2012, my band was playing shows, I started struggling in college back in Fall semester 2011. My grades have started to get back on track with the exception of one low grade. My band is always top priority. My romantic life has never really shown up until recently, and now I've committed myself to a second band, at least for summer. I am here right now, though, so I'll do what I can.

As far as Tommy's point about less feds, or a more widely recognized set of talent, creative, and promotions. I don't know my history of these other feds. I probably won't have time to play catch-up (which, btw, is my biggest fear with my first PPV attempt).

I actually had posted a thread a while back that was the "eFed Free Agent Thread", which of course had already been attempted before. I feel like too many people have too many investments, and like AirBourne said, spread themselves too thin.
I am unsure how much longer I will even want to be "Slick Nelson" as a wrestler in ICW, and rather, focus strictly on writing.

Maybe all fed owners can come upon an agreement, a Declaration of Independence (how fitting) sized agreement, for all eFedders past and present to follow.
For instance: There is an allowance of up to 2 characters per user. Either you get to have one character in one fed, and a second in a different fed, or being 'Creative' for one fed, in addition to being a character on the same, or different fed.
Or some sort of guideline, just to prevent issues.
Maybe there should be an age limit? I mean maybe that's part of the circumstance. Though I'm a late bloomer in regards to a lot of things, now things are getting a tad more hectic in my life, and a TON more important. As it is, when school kicks in, I'll have to reduce to one band, work, and school. I might not even be on as "Slick Nelson", not to consider dropping my tasks as creative. With Destruction, I intend to work something out.

Secondly, maybe every fed could use a bit of extra coordination.
To keep from getting overwhelmed with writing, while other, more difficult, real-life problems (or generally any real life events) occur, all feds could use a certain rotation. Maybe writing out a real-life schedule, or just denoting who is busiest when, can help keep shows on time, as well as give everyone a chance to recharge and get back to reality.
This will hopefully avoid any dramatic changes that would otherwise need to be made.

Third, AirBourne, very proud that you are speaking your mind. I was really curious as to why you were so outright supportive of my decision to step up. I appreciate it. Destruction? is going to be a large help, if not currently more help than I am for the next week+, and deserves all the same support. As the saying goes: When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
This is going to be fun, different, brand new, exciting, stressful, time consuming, slowed-down, chaotic, enjoyable, entertaining, risky, a gigantic success (or possible failure), a lot of disappointment, a learning experience, and all the other forms of emotion and experience possible.
As long as everyone's there, nothing can go too wrong. :D
Thanks for that mate. :)

Robareid
07-06-2012, 10:18 AM
A few points I would like to make based on what I have seen:
Real life does always take precedent, and it is VERY understandable. Basically when real life interferes too much, and forces someone to step down, they're simply a victim of circumstance.
I am taking over ICW, true, but I am not about to make guarantees on how long I will do it for. Unfortunately I find myself with less and less time to do things now-a-days. I started out 2010 going to college for the first time, next came some personal issues with friends and former-friends. Moving into 2011 I found my calling, to be in a band, in addition my newly acquired job, and college. Rolling into 2012, my band was playing shows, I started struggling in college back in Fall semester 2011. My grades have started to get back on track with the exception of one low grade. My band is always top priority. My romantic life has never really shown up until recently, and now I've committed myself to a second band, at least for summer. I am here right now, though, so I'll do what I can.

As far as Tommy's point about less feds, or a more widely recognized set of talent, creative, and promotions. I don't know my history of these other feds. I probably won't have time to play catch-up (which, btw, is my biggest fear with my first PPV attempt).

I actually had posted a thread a while back that was the "eFed Free Agent Thread", which of course had already been attempted before. I feel like too many people have too many investments, and like AirBourne said, spread themselves too thin.
I am unsure how much longer I will even want to be "Slick Nelson" as a wrestler in ICW, and rather, focus strictly on writing.

Maybe all fed owners can come upon an agreement, a Declaration of Independence (how fitting) sized agreement, for all eFedders past and present to follow.
For instance: There is an allowance of up to 2 characters per user. Either you get to have one character in one fed, and a second in a different fed, or being 'Creative' for one fed, in addition to being a character on the same, or different fed.Or some sort of guideline, just to prevent issues.
Maybe there should be an age limit? I mean maybe that's part of the circumstance. Though I'm a late bloomer in regards to a lot of things, now things are getting a tad more hectic in my life, and a TON more important. As it is, when school kicks in, I'll have to reduce to one band, work, and school. I might not even be on as "Slick Nelson", not to consider dropping my tasks as creative. With Destruction, I intend to work something out.

Secondly, maybe every fed could use a bit of extra coordination.
To keep from getting overwhelmed with writing, while other, more difficult, real-life problems (or generally any real life events) occur, all feds could use a certain rotation. Maybe writing out a real-life schedule, or just denoting who is busiest when, can help keep shows on time, as well as give everyone a chance to recharge and get back to reality.
This will hopefully avoid any dramatic changes that would otherwise need to be made.

Third, AirBourne, very proud that you are speaking your mind. I was really curious as to why you were so outright supportive of my decision to step up. I appreciate it. Destruction? is going to be a large help, if not currently more help than I am for the next week+, and deserves all the same support. As the saying goes: When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
This is going to be fun, different, brand new, exciting, stressful, time consuming, slowed-down, chaotic, enjoyable, entertaining, risky, a gigantic success (or possible failure), a lot of disappointment, a learning experience, and all the other forms of emotion and experience possible.
As long as everyone's there, nothing can go too wrong. :D
Thanks for that mate. :)

Just a quick thought regarding limiting characters. In my eyes, we shouldn't be limiting people's creativity. Some people have the time to do more characters, others can only do one. I don't think it's fair for us to regulate what they're able to do

KJ PUNK
07-06-2012, 10:50 AM
I too think there should be a cut down on Efeds. I recently joined up with the creative team for HWA and it's just a hassle in itself for me to send promo assignments, write the shows and then finally do my own characters promos. I don't see how people can do all that and add 4 different characters and having multiple promos in different feds. It'll just stress them out and cause burn out, which will make people leave the feds.

CricketTragic
07-06-2012, 10:56 AM
I too think there should be a cut down on Efeds. I recently joined up with the creative team for HWA and it's just a hassle in itself for me to send promo assignments, write the shows and then finally do my own characters promos. I don't see how people can do all that and add 4 different characters and having multiple promos in different feds. It'll just stress them out and cause burn out, which will make people leave the feds.

I personally only have one character as I am new to this and feel multiple characters would do my head in but I have seen other forums where there are 3 or 4 or even 5 characters per person and they do exceptionally well for the most part.

If the person is capable of doing it let them I say.

Robareid
07-06-2012, 10:57 AM

Well, I am bossman in chief for EWA, have Rob Rage for HWA and JBW, Harry Richards in HWA and JBW with his tag partner Mark Exley in HWA too, and I also have a fair few EWA characters. It's all about your limits as a person, there is no "one size fits all"

Tommy Thunder
07-06-2012, 11:01 AM

Do we really need separate organizations? Somehow I don't think so. Especially when these organizations sometimes share ONE character for both. And the multiple use of characters for different organizations is a bit excessive( efed love taken to the next level lol)

So this is my idea: The top writers who have partnerships(Ex: JBW and EWA) get together and work out a merger. That way if a user that has multiple characters on both organizations will have an easy access and one stop place. The catch is that there will be more shows
(Ex: Monday Night YADAYADA, TUESDAY NIGHT CURLYMOUSTACHES, THURSDAY NIGHT YO MOMMA!) but seeing how it will be compressed and easy also giving the fact that most of you will be working with the same guys you know shouldn't be much of a problem.

This is what needs to happen.

EWNCW are already doing this with TWE. TWE is serving as a developmental system to EWNCW (think of it as FCW to our WWE). Any new talent (that's brand new people that are 1st time e-fedders on EWN with new characters) that signs up to EWNCW are sent to TWE to start off, and they have to work their way through there if they want to make it to the main EWNCW roster. Some of the main roster talent also appear on TWE to beef it up, but predominantly, it's an entirely new roster of talent.
But in short, all TWE related stuff is coordinated under the EWNCW banner. It's part of the the EWNCW fed.

I'm aware that JBW are affiliated with EWA, but I'm not sure if their agreement is similar or not to ours, but from what I've seen, it's not as closely affiliated as perhaps it should be. Making EWA a full on developmental system for JBW would be in the best interest.

My suggestion is that HWA should arrange a similar deal with ICW. That way, we're helping this situation more.

So eventually, we'd have 3 main feds (EWNCW, HWA and JBW) with each fed having it's own developmental system in the shape of TWE, EWA and ICW.
The future of the WWE e-fed is up in the air right now really. The final show might well have taken place last night. My opinion is that that fed is very different to a normal e-fed since you get to RP as an a real wrestler, it's a kind of hybrid of an e-fed and BTB thread. So IF there's a way for that fed to continue, then I don't really see a problem with that.

But as for the pure e-feds, it's in the best interest for them to become full on developmental fads for the larger ones IMO. I know that some might not like that. I know that some will argue that "well this fed is too big to be a developmental fed" or whatever, but the fact is, something needs to be done about this problem, and this is a sensible solution.

Pumpkinhead
07-06-2012, 11:05 AM

EWNCW are already doing this with TWE. TWE is serving as a developmental system to EWNCW (think of it as FCW to our WWE). Any new talent (that's brand new people that are 1st time e-fedders on EWN with new characters) that signs up to EWNCW are sent to TWE to start off, and they have to work their way through there if they want to make it to the main EWNCW roster. Some of the main roster talent also appear on TWE to beef it up, but predominantly, it's an entirely new roster of talent.
But in short, all TWE related stuff is coordinated under the EWNCW banner. It's part of the the EWNCW fed.

I'm aware that JBW are affiliated with EWA, but I'm not sure if their agreement is similar or not to ours, but from what I've seen, it's not as closely affiliated as perhaps it should be. Making EWA a full on developmental system for JBW would be in the best interest.

My suggestion is that HWA should arrange a similar deal with ICW. That way, we're helping this situation more.

So eventually, we'd have 3 main feds (EWNCW, HWA and JBW) with each fed having it's own developmental system in the shape of TWE, EWA and ICW.
The future of the WWE e-fed is up in the air right now really. The final show might well have taken place last night. My opinion is that that fed is very different to a normal e-fed since you get to RP as an a real wrestler, it's a kind of hybrid of an e-fed and BTB thread. So IF there's a way for that fed to continue, then I don't really see a problem with that.

But as for the pure e-feds, it's in the best interest for them to become full on developmental fads for the larger ones IMO. I know that some might not like that. I know that some will argue that "well this fed is too big to be a developmental fed" or whatever, but the fact is, something needs to be done about this problem, and this is a sensible solution.

What happened with THBK, wasn't he in charge of The WWE fed??

Robareid
07-06-2012, 11:07 AM

I feel this one may be directed at me. So yeah, what I'm saying is: what problem? What's this big problem you're speaking of, because we don't have it over in EWA. Do you mean the lack of creative members? If so, we have no problem there. If others feds are having problems, then I could understand them going development for one of the bigger feds, but I don't feel it's necessary to just have a "one size fits all" solution, and each case should be looked at individually

Tommy Thunder
07-06-2012, 11:09 AM
I feel this one may be directed at me. So yeah, what I'm saying is: what problem? What's this big problem you're speaking of, because we don't have it over in EWA. Do you mean the lack of creative members? If so, we have no problem there. If others feds are having problems, then I could understand them going development for one of the bigger feds, but I don't feel it's necessary to just have a "one size fits all" solution, and each case should be looked at individually

One problem is not enough creative personnel to go round.
The main problem however is that there's simply too many e-feds.

Robareid
07-06-2012, 11:12 AM

Well in regards to creative personal, as I said, we're fine.

Too many eFeds? In my eyes, that itself is not a problem, it's what can cause a problem sure, but in itself it isn't a problem. Give me a couple reasons why you think there should be less, apart from the creative personal. I just read that back, and it sounded really snide, but that wasn't the intention, it was an honest question. No dick-ness intended :)

CricketTragic
07-06-2012, 11:13 AM

I'm sorry if this seems a little simple but if there is not enough creative for shows then would the shows not dissapear on their own merit?

Tommy Thunder
07-06-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm sorry if this seems a little simple but if there is not enough creative for shows then would the shows not dissapear on their own merit?

That's exactly what is happening.

Robareid
07-06-2012, 11:15 AM

This here, is a very good point. In this problem, we find a solution. It's nice when things work out like that

CricketTragic
07-06-2012, 11:16 AM

So continuing along this line then there is not a permanent problem is there? the weaker feds merge or die while the stronger threads prosper.

Robareid
07-06-2012, 11:16 AM

So the problem is? If these shows are dieing out, then there will be less eFeds, which is what you want. I fail to see your issue.

Damn, again here, I sound like an annoying twat here, and again, not intended

Tommy Thunder
07-06-2012, 11:21 AM
So continuing along this line then there is not a permanent problem is there? the weaker feds merge or die while the stronger threads prosper.

So the problem is? If these shows are dieing out, then there will be less eFeds, which is what you want. I fail to see your issue.

Damn, again here, I sound like an annoying twat here, and again, not intended

So you're suggesting that JBW should just die? Because JBW is perhaps suffering the most from this problem.

But to go back to the original problem of there simply being too many e-feds, if wither of you were here back when it was just 2 feds, the e-fed section was hands down the most popular forum on this site. It still is, but back then, each fed's discussion thread was getting 20+ pages of posts every day. These days, no fed gets anywhere near that amount of traffic. Why? Because we've spread ourselves too thin over too much bread.
Like I pointed out, most if not all other forums I've seen only have one e-fed, and EWN isn't anywhere near the size of other forums yet since it's still a pretty new one.

CricketTragic
07-06-2012, 11:28 AM
So you're suggesting that JBW should just die? Because JBW is perhaps suffering the most from this problem.

But to go back to the original problem of there simply being too many e-feds, if wither of you were here back when it was just 2 feds, the e-fed section was hands down the most popular forum on this site. It still is, but back then, each fed's discussion thread was getting 20+ pages of posts every day. These days, no fed gets anywhere near that amount of traffic. Why? Because we've spread ourselves too thin over too much bread.
Like I pointed out, most if not all other forums I've seen only have one e-fed, and EWN isn't anywhere near the size of other forums yet since it's still a pretty new one.

I do not know the history of JBW though I will say this,

On the other forum I was on "PWS" we did not get many pages filled per day and that was a good thing as you did no get lost in the conversation.

I can not and will not comment on why JBW has not got creative writers although this post has gone from a "Contigency Plan" Thread to a "Save the Originals" thread.

If JBW can not find creative is that TWE's fault or ICW's fault or EWA's fault?

Robareid
07-06-2012, 11:33 AM

JBW's not going to die. There are too many people behind it. They've still got a fairly large creative team: Kash, JMan, Proph, Jose, Whatsy and TDA (maybe, I'm not sure) with Poot lending a hand every known and again too. Sure, they're not pushing out four shows a week, but it's quality not quantity. What do you want, three people working on each show?

Tommy Thunder
07-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Look, I've said what I want to say.

The simple fact of the matter is that there's too many e-feds here. Whether you agree with me or not, I don't care. That's my opinion (and several others agree).
Whether something is done about it or not, again, I don't care. It's not my call to make.
I've laid out a POSSIBLE solution as a suggestion (nothing more than that, and the same suggestion that another guy made) and have gotten backlash for it from 2 guys (the backlash that the other guy to suggest it didn't get). Again, I don't care. I speak my mind here, that's what a forum's for.

All I know is that EWN's e-fed section is a shadow of what it used to be. Why? Because of the overkill of too many e-feds. Whether you agree with me or not, I could not care less. Because that's my opinion, and nothing will change it.

Good day Sirs.

CricketTragic
07-06-2012, 11:41 AM

The simple fact of the matter is that there's too many e-feds here. Whether you agree with me or not, I don't care. That's my opinion (and several others agree).
Whether something is done about it or not, again, I don't care. It's not my call to make.
I've laid out a POSSIBLE solution as a suggestion (nothing more than that, and the same suggestion that another guy made) and have gotten backlash for it from 2 guys (the backlash that the other guy to suggest it didn't get). Again, I don't care. I speak my mind here, that's what a forum's for.

All I know is that EWN's e-fed section is a shadow of what it used to be. Why? Because of the overkill of too many e-feds. Whether you agree with me or not, I could not care less. Because that's my opinion, and nothing will change it.

Good day Sirs.

Whoah man you seem a little fired up when we both were merely offering our opinion.

I was just saying that Feds are dying, your saying that there are too many feds so I didn't see the issue?

I do not know enough about each Fed I am playing catch up here so it would be good if you gave me a little grace. Like I said I thought you were saying there are too many feds when feds are dying so I did not see the logic

Bolded: I never gave you backlash and I was also only speaking my mind.

Robareid
07-06-2012, 11:44 AM

Good day Sirs.

If that came across as backlash, then I'm sorry, not intended. The way I saw it was that we were having a debate. There was no malice in my posts, and I didn't see any in yours. I'm sorry to see that you feel we've tried to gang up on you here, as that wasn't the case. You've got an opinion, and you expressed it. Well I was just expressing mine too, is it a crime that they're different.

I hope you haven't taken this the wrong way, as I think we've always got on fairly well up to this point. I'd hate for this to spoil our interaction. This wasn't intended to be a "your opinion is wrong" thing, it was just a "here's my opinion"

CricketTragic
07-06-2012, 11:48 AM
If that came across as backlash, then I'm sorry, not intended. The way I saw it was that we were having a debate. There was no malice in my posts, and I didn't see any in yours. I'm sorry to see that you feel we've tried to gang up on you here, as that wasn't the case. You've got an opinion, and you expressed it. Well I was just expressing mine too, is it a crime that they're different.

I hope you haven't taken this the wrong way, as I think we've always got on fairly well up to this point. I'd hate for this to spoil our interaction. This wasn't intended to be a "your opinion is wrong" thing, it was just a "here's my opinion"

Damn, wish I had made my comment like this, well said

AirBourne
07-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Ok woah woah woah, guys, let's not argue here, I did not make this thread for the sake of fighting, but only to bring up something I thought needed to be addressed. There are only 2 solutions in my opinion:

- Get more people to be interested in being writers (but we can not force them to be, so that makes it hard)
- Or, shut down the eFeds that are suffering due to lack of writers and/or shows (and NOT to name Feds, but for example purposes only) like WWE Fantasy and EWA (I know you guys are working hard, but unfortunately, there hasn't been a show in at least 3 weeks)

That is ALL I was trying to point out, not to argue, if you wish to argue, take it to the PMs please, not here, thank you.

CricketTragic
07-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Ok woah woah woah, guys, let's not argue here, I did not make this thread for the sake of fighting, but only to bring up something I thought needed to be addressed. There are only 2 solutions in my opinion:

- Get more people to be interested in being writers (but we can not force them to be, so that makes it hard)
- Or, shut down the eFeds that are suffering due to lack of writers and/or shows (and NOT to name Feds, but for example purposes only) like WWE Fantasy and EWA (I know you guys are working hard, but unfortunately, there hasn't been a show in at least 3 weeks)

That is ALL I was trying to point out, not to argue, if you wish to argue, take it to the PMs please, not here, thank you.

No one was arguing buddy we were just talking then TT made that last post. Do not know how I upset hm

AirBourne
07-06-2012, 12:17 PM
No one was arguing buddy we were just talking then TT made that last post. Do not know how I upset hm

Just tone it down, that's all, I just don't want any hostility and/or fighting, that's all.

CricketTragic
07-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Just tone it down, that's all, I just don't want any hostility and/or fighting, that's all.

I am the same bro do not worry about that I am not here to fight, I will however say how what I think in a constructive way and I think I did that, correct me if im wrong I have been on the WWE forums for last two weeks with differing opinions but no trouble has started

Robareid
07-06-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm just going to make a suggeston here. Let's just leave it, we've said our piece, and without realising it it seems we were sitting on a powder keg. Let's troop out before she blows, as I don't know about you, but I don't have much else to add

CricketTragic
07-06-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm just going to make a suggeston here. Let's just leave it, we've said our piece, and without realising it it seems we were sitting on a powder keg. Let's troop out before she blows, as I don't know about you, but I don't have much else to add

Good thinking 99, Peace out E-fed's Contigency thread

thejman93
07-06-2012, 12:27 PM

SG is very much onto something here. To me, the efeds should look like this:

HWA, EWNCW, and JBW are the only 3 feds.

ICW, TWE, and EWA remain completely intact with one catch. They lose their status as "efeds" and, instead, become brands for the "big 3". With that, comes all the resources that HWA, EWNCW and JBW can offer. We would have 3 feds and 3 creative teams.

Krysys
07-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Ok, I am going to state my opinion on the matter. Do the Dev Fed idea (TWE for EWNCW ICW for HWA and EWA for JBW) it will help with the bigger feds not getting clustered, and also keep the smaller feds alive. However I would not have the smaller feds loss their e-Fed status, because that is what they are, e-feds. You can't just label them as brands, because most have multiple shows and put out just as much if not more than the big three. Just my opinion

Yes2J
07-06-2012, 03:24 PM
I think a lot of this is a matter of people not showing restraint. I could care less if, at this very moment, you have been doing 10 different characters and working on an eFed without a single conflict with real life.
YOU ARE PUTTING YOURSELF IN A POSITION TO NEGLECT REAL LIFE, thus causing a higher risk of running into a real life problem.
Don't spread yourself too thing. I would have loved to be creative for a fed while being Slick in ICW, but that just wasn't going to work as well.
I do get the argument about not limiting peoples' creativity. However, if they are in one eFed, can't they flex their creative muscles greatly just in one fed?
I don't know how dictator-ish the other eFeds are, but bearkg let me suggest ideas to him, and try to work on various angles. Anything else I wanted to do, I just did it in IC posts...

Perhaps each fed could use a back up plan...a fail-safe. If I was running a fed, and all of a sudden I had to disappear, I would at least have another fed for my roster to join. When the time to leave comes, all you do is right a few more shows, even if it's spread out more than usual, to allow the back-up fed to introduce your roster on their fed, and then bring 'em in full-time.

Just ideas I am throwing around, but I do see there is some frustration mounting with some people, and it probably needs to also be addressed by their own creatives from the fed they are having problems with. SPEAK DIRECTLY to your leaders and see if you can't work out some back-up system, or get a more full understanding of what may be going on.

SilverGhost
07-06-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm gonna put this out there because it does work: you don't need a separate developmental organization. You could have a developmental show in your own place.

In JBW, SHOWDOWN! is a show but it is still a developmental place. New guys are sent there first to get some skills going. I don't see the point in feeders for efeds. That is why with the merger idea, you can have a developmental show and still be on schedule.

bearkg88
07-06-2012, 03:43 PM

Here is my point though. How would making TWE(even tho it already is), EWA, and ICW developmental feds for the main ones, JBW, EWNCW, and HWA, take away the amount off feds? The # would still stay the same, the only difference is that instead of EWA and ICW being stand alone feds, they'd be a funneling system to develop talent ot send to the big leagues per say. To me it's not a matter of having developmental feds, it's having 3 feds. That's it. If within side of the feds you have say 6 shows, that's your call. 1 could even be a developmental show. So instead of having 20 different threads for 6 different efeds, you have 3 threads, where people from all the shows in the efed, can do IC and such. Just a thought

bearkg88
07-06-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm gonna put this out there because it does work: you don't need a separate developmental organization. You could have a developmental show in your own place.

In JBW, SHOWDOWN! is a show but it is still a developmental place. New guys are sent there first to get some skills going. I don't see the point in feeders for efeds. That is why with the merger idea, you can have a developmental show and still be on schedule.

Damn you SG...I started at the last page i left off when I saw Tommy's one post and made my most recent with my thoughts..and you beat me to it by a few minutes haha

Tommy Thunder
07-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Here is my point though. How would making TWE(even tho it already is), EWA, and ICW developmental feds for the main ones, JBW, EWNCW, and HWA, take away the amount off feds? The # would still stay the same, the only difference is that instead of EWA and ICW being stand alone feds, they'd be a funneling system to develop talent ot send to the big leagues per say. To me it's not a matter of having developmental feds, it's having 3 feds. That's it. If within side of the feds you have say 6 shows, that's your call. 1 could even be a developmental show. So instead of having 20 different threads for 6 different efeds, you have 3 threads, where people from all the shows in the efed, can do IC and such. Just a thought

That's what we are doing.
TWE is a developmental branch for EWNCW. it's it's own 'fed' since it has it's own creative team and it's own roster. Like I said, it's like FCW or NXT is to WWE. It's part of the EWNCW fed.

SilverGhost
07-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Damn you SG...I started at the last page i left off when I saw Tommy's one post and made my most recent with my thoughts..and you beat me to it by a few minutes haha

Lol as long as we share the same ideas man!

bearkg88
07-06-2012, 03:59 PM
That's what we are doing.
TWE is a developmental branch for EWNCW. it's it's own 'fed' since it has it's own creative team and it's own roster. Like I said, it's like FCW or NXT is to WWE. It's part of the EWNCW fed.

But that is my point. If the problem is too many efeds, why have an efed that is used only for developing talent. It would be better off having it's own show. Similar to how a number of years back, the WWE had Raw, SD, and OVW. Each was a distinct brand with a distinct roster and distinct show, but all of it was under 1 umbrella, the WWE umbrella. If your true intention is for the number of efeds to go down, then to me the more logical thing would be for HWA to add a 4th show, Karnage, where people from Karnage in ICW are centered, and as they progress, move to one of the other 3 shows. Or in your case, instead of TWE being it's own efed, it has a show and all of the TWE discussion occurs within the EWNCW thread. That's what I'm saying. Just by making the other smaller efeds developmental things for the bigger ones, isn't going to lower the amount of efeds. Merging them and making them an individual show, now that would lower the number, and increase the number of members per efed

Tommy Thunder
07-06-2012, 04:05 PM
But that is my point. If the problem is too many efeds, why have an efed that is used only for developing talent. It would be better off having it's own show. Similar to how a number of years back, the WWE had Raw, SD, and OVW. Each was a distinct brand with a distinct roster and distinct show, but all of it was under 1 umbrella, the WWE umbrella. If your true intention is for the number of efeds to go down, then to me the more logical thing would be for HWA to add a 4th show, Karnage, where people from Karnage in ICW are centered, and as they progress, move to one of the other 3 shows. Or in your case, instead of TWE being it's own efed, it has a show and all of the TWE discussion occurs within the EWNCW thread. That's what I'm saying. Just by making the other smaller efeds developmental things for the bigger ones, isn't going to lower the amount of efeds. Merging them and making them an individual show, now that would lower the number, and increase the number of members per efed

You're missing the point lol! We're arguing the same thing here!

TWA IS our developmental brand. There's 2 shows; Overdrive and Burnout. Both are developmental brands for EWNCW. Collectively, they're known as TWE. It is all under the EWNCW umbrella.
The only thing that makes it it's own fed is the fact that there's a separate discussion thread, which makes it easier for the rosters to IC with each other. Merging those threads would make IC talk very difficult since 2 rosters would be jumbled up together.

Merging those threads isn't my call to make. It's up to the owners of sad feds. The current system we have in place works fine.

bearkg88
07-06-2012, 04:11 PM
You're missing the point lol! We're arguing the same thing here!

TWA IS our developmental brand. There's 2 shows; Overdrive and Burnout. Both are developmental brands for EWNCW. Collectively, they're known as TWE. It is all under the EWNCW umbrella.
The only thing that makes it it's own fed is the fact that there's a separate discussion thread, which makes it easier for the rosters to IC with each other. Merging those threads would make IC talk very difficult since 2 rosters would be jumbled up together.

Merging those threads isn't my call to make. It's up to the owners of sad feds. The current system we have in place works fine.

I get your point, but the thing that stuck out to me is a comment you made earlier in the thread. I don't remember where at, but it was along the lines of "you weren't here back when it was just 2 efeds, but this section was booming. You'd come back a day later and there would be 20 more pages in that span of time". To me it would make more sense to combine the efeds that are main and develop, instead of having individual things. Look at ICW. Look at how quickly in the span of 3 months it reached 3,000 posts. Now imagine if that activity were occurring in HWA. or look at the recent ICing in TWE. Imagine if instead of it occurring on it's own, it occurred in the EWNCW thread. As for merging them, while you or the other efed owners can't do that, if an agreement could be made where say ICW becomes a part of HWA, or EWA a part of JBW(Just examples), then I am sure the owners could PM Kash or Rob or SG or someone and ask to merge them and they would

Tommy Thunder
07-06-2012, 04:19 PM
I get your point, but the thing that stuck out to me is a comment you made earlier in the thread. I don't remember where at, but it was along the lines of "you weren't here back when it was just 2 efeds, but this section was booming. You'd come back a day later and there would be 20 more pages in that span of time". To me it would make more sense to combine the efeds that are main and develop, instead of having individual things. Look at ICW. Look at how quickly in the span of 3 months it reached 3,000 posts. Now imagine if that activity were occurring in HWA. or look at the recent ICing in TWE. Imagine if instead of it occurring on it's own, it occurred in the EWNCW thread. As for merging them, while you or the other efed owners can't do that, if an agreement could be made where say ICW becomes a part of HWA, or EWA a part of JBW(Just examples), then I am sure the owners could PM Kash or Rob or SG or someone and ask to merge them and they would

Look, EWNCW and TWE already have an agreement in place. It's one fed, as I've established. Just because there's a separate thread for it doesn't mean it's a separate fed.
Like I said, combining the TWE discussion thread with the EWNCW discussion thread make things very messy. 5 rosters of characters IC'ing in one thread isn't ideal, that's why it's better to have a separate thread for the developmental brands of EWNCW, and a separate thread for the 3 main brands of EWNCW.

The rest of the feds, if they so wish, can work a similar agreement out as you say.

Robareid
07-07-2012, 03:27 AM
Right, the message I seem to be getting, is that a lot of people like the idea of having less feds. That's fair enough. The two problems I'm reading are that:

- People are spreading themselves too thin. Now I don't completely understand that argument, could somebody spell it out for me please. The way I see it, it could be one of two things

1) People are making too many characters. I've read some people saying that there should be a limit to the amount of characters a person can have, and how many feds they can be in. I'm dead against this. Why should we be limiting somebodies creativity? As a simple fact, some people have more time for fedding than others, that's plain and simple. They also know their own limits. They will only create characters they have time for, and won't go any further than that. Sure there are a couple of exceptions, when curcumstances change, but then people just ask for characters to be written off. Is there a problem where people don't have time to do promos for characters? I haven't noticed one. I don't see a problem here, but if there is one then please enlighten me

2) There are not enough creative members. Here I could see a problem. There are a lot of feds, with a lot of shows. At last count, I think there are 18 shows (4 JBW, 4 EWNCW, 3 HWA, 3 EWA, 2 TWE, 1 ICW and 1 WWE), and that requires a lot of writers. So if there aren't that many, I can see there could be a problem. However, I'm not overly sure on this one, but I think the only fed struggling atm is the WWE one. And shame as it would be to lose it, if, as you guys have said, you want less feds, then surely if it dies off that's a good thing in your eyes

- The second argument I've seen is that the discussion threads get less active because they're more spread out. Well to be honest, I don't think that's too big a problem. It's just a little more spread out, from 3 discussion threads to 7. If this is the extent of the problems, then I think we're making a big deal out of nothing.

And I literally can't see anything else that's been brought up. Am I missing something, if so could you please point it out to me, I'm not the brightest bulb in the... bulb shop...

And then I read the solutions. The main one going around seems to be merging feds, TWE with EWNCW (which has already semi-happened), EWA with JBW (which neither I nor Kash wants) and HWA with ICW (which Broc doesn't want, not sure about YES2J). My question is, how would this solve any of the problems?

I've read all your opinions, and I understand a lot of them. However, these questions have arisen in my mind, and I'm sure you could answer them. I'm not looking for an argument, I'm just stating my opinion, like you have, and would like to see your point of view on the matter. Don't look at it as an argument, more a debate

Destruction
07-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Wow, miss a day, miss a bunch.

I would be against ANY fed merges, but working agreements between feds are fine and dandy to me.

No_1eddiefan
07-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Speaking on behalf of HWA, I can't see a merger with ICW working- especially as a development fed. We've already got a developmental brand in HWA for a start, plus a lot of ICW talent is already part of the HWA roster.

A working agreement doesn't seem to make any sense either with talent being part of both (Van Hooligan X is the ICW World Champion and HWA World Champion). The only difference I believe would be one or two guys being on different shows, but overall, the main difference would be the fact that we 'have a working agreement'.

I don't agree with putting a limit on the amount of characters people are allowed either, as Roba said- why limit people's creativity?

Kashdinero
07-11-2012, 05:24 AM
Guys, we can't look to the past and compare it to the present. Different times, different faces, different situations and circumstances.

Currently JbW is going through a metamorphosis that will see our shows put out on time come hell or high water. These changes will begin on Saturday, and shall come into full effect come our next PPV. See, as "le bossman" of JBW, I have thought long and hard about the problems my little EFed has (which, to be fair is mostly real life, which can't be helped.), and have gone to lengths to ensure that these problems are those that we can now deal with, AND, be prepared for should they arise again in the future.

May I suggest that rather than try to solve the "problem" of the EFeds on the eWN as a whole, maybe solve the problems you see within your own fed and start from there.

Now, yes, EWA and JBW are affiliated, but its a loose agreement that has seen us work together a handful of times. Seeing as we are affiliated, it should be the case that whenever EWA is in trouble over something, JBW should step in and bail them out (and vice versa). Does this happen? No, but rest assured I will be enforcing that idea as of this moment.

Basically, here's the deal; no EFed will be getting closed or merged unless the creative members of those Feds wish for that to happen.

HOWEVER...

As of this moment, anybody who wants to start up an EFed will have to run it by either SilverGhost, TDA, or myself, and an evaluation will be made as to whether we feel the user in question has an original enough idea, and has the resources to pull it off.

Until everything is sorted with the current EFeds we have then no one will be creating a new one.

I am kinda at a loss how bunching all of the EFedders into a few EFeds would solve anything, though. I mean, forcing guys to have to interact in a thread that has a plethora of active users is a recipe for disaster. Whether we admit it or not, we have enough problems with users not getting on with each other as it is, and forcing mergers and the like will bring these users into more contact with each other, possibly leading to clashes that -quite frankly- this place could do without.

Kash's final word: Work within your own EFeds and try to find your own way of dealing with anything that may be causing your EFed to suffer, and try not to focus on what others are doing. Also, if you are lacking in the necessary resources to resolve these issues, reach out to one of the other Feds for advice, guidance, or help--you'll find that as "segregated" as the eWN EFed section may appear, we are all only concerned with making this place better.

Thanks for reading.