PDA

View Full Version : future of the wwe

rodrik
07-05-2012, 07:46 PM
so I was thinking, since I joined the IWC, people always talk about how the wwe is not what it used to be, that it's just a shell of what it was, mainly because there are no stars like the attitude era or even before that, and also because the storylines suck, well I got to think about wwe's future and I found some scenario's...

1. wwe finds new stars, get's those stars "superover" and slowly get a fresh breeze into the wwe, since Vince Mcmahon is already looking for the next face of the company that seems the most likely scenario. (I read that in a report somewhere on this site)

2. wwe doesn't find a new face, doesn't get something/someone good enough and people start switching to TNA, or if by then some other promotion is on the rise, so basically it comes down to this...no new stars, lesser viewers, wich means lesser ppv buys and eventually go bankrupt.

3. alternate scenario: Vince dies and the new companyleader takes wwe downhill. I wrote this last one because like him or not Vince is the one responsible for all the succes wwe has and ever had, and maybe if/when he dies, no one could ever do his job like he did.

please share your opinion. ;)

Dennis
07-05-2012, 08:47 PM
I don't agree with your premise for your second point. I assume your implying (though you don't say) that john cena is bad for ppv buys and I think anyone who knows the wwe would disagree. I think eventually John Cena will be replaced but replacing him in the short term could be detrimental to the product because he is the one house hold name in the wwe currently that pretty much everyone (from members of the IWC to the average fan or just the average person) has actually heard about so instead of taking your advantage what you have been building as your 'superhero' since 2006 and throwing him down to the middle card or even demoting him from the face i would strongly reconsider that premise. I'm not even the biggest fan of John Cena I just realize that he is the wwe so why belittle his potential to gain money for your company. as far as alternative movements to gain popularity the wwe could move back to having well defined heels and faces like randy orton as a heel instead of a face who just happens to do bad things sometimes. thus allowing orton (for this example it could be any other heel currently or in the future) to attack superstars and divas alike to draw heat and make you want to vote for the faces what as of right now they don't have that same draw (Punk vs bryan while great matches doesn't have a true heel anymore bryan is way over with the wwe universe) well that's my two cents :)

rodrik
07-05-2012, 09:00 PM
I don't agree with your premise for your second point. I assume your implying (though you don't say) that john cena is bad for ppv buys and I think anyone who knows the wwe would disagree. I think eventually John Cena will be replaced but replacing him in the short term could be detrimental to the product because he is the one house hold name in the wwe currently that pretty much everyone (from members of the IWC to the average fan or just the average person) has actually heard about so instead of taking your advantage what you have been building as your 'superhero' since 2006 and throwing him down to the middle card or even demoting him from the face i would strongly reconsider that premise. I'm not even the biggest fan of John Cena I just realize that he is the wwe so why belittle his potential to gain money for your company. as far as alternative movements to gain popularity the wwe could move back to having well defined heels and faces like randy orton as a heel instead of a face who just happens to do bad things sometimes. thus allowing orton (for this example it could be any other heel currently or in the future) to attack superstars and divas alike to draw heat and make you want to vote for the faces what as of right now they don't have that same draw (Punk vs bryan while great matches doesn't have a true heel anymore bryan is way over with the wwe universe) well that's my two cents :)

that's not what I meant, not by a longshot, the future I'm talking about is AFTER cena retires, the next generation. I'm actually a big fan of cena, don't care what people say, all I'm saying is, the "future" I'm talking about isn't in a year or 2, more like 10 years, sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. :S

Dennis
07-05-2012, 09:50 PM
that's not what I meant, not by a longshot, the future I'm talking about is AFTER cena retires, the next generation. I'm actually a big fan of cena, don't care what people say, all I'm saying is, the "future" I'm talking about isn't in a year or 2, more like 10 years, sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. :S
alright fair enough.. I am glad your just not another john cena hater.. they are a dime a dozen haha

rodrik
07-05-2012, 10:02 PM
alright fair enough.. I am glad your just not another john cena hater.. they are a dime a dozen haha

ow yeah, they're annoying as hell! the only down part of rock vs cena at wm...their comments!

Dennis
07-05-2012, 10:39 PM
ow yeah, they're annoying as hell! the only down part of rock vs cena at wm...their comments!
Couldn't agree more, John cena might not be the best wrestler ever but he doesn't put on bad matches on ppv's ever plus he is gold on the mic and gets a pop at whatever city he wrestles in... ok he might not have the wrestling abilities of brett hart but he has the intangibles that most other superstars just don't have sadly

rodrik
07-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Couldn't agree more, John cena might not be the best wrestler ever but he doesn't put on bad matches on ppv's ever plus he is gold on the mic and gets a pop at whatever city he wrestles in... ok he might not have the wrestling abilities of brett hart but he has the intangibles that most other superstars just don't have sadly

you my friend, you get it ;)

BadAndy
07-05-2012, 11:04 PM
The WWE has a fairly large group of wrestlers right now that are extremely talented. I know that McMahon seems to want to find the "face" of the WWE to be there after Cena but there is really the possibility to have many faces. It wasn't that long ago that you had numerous faces (Stone Cold, Rock, Mankind, Taker, HHH) and the next group after that (Jericho, Edge, Cena, Orton). Those are only a few but those are characters that really helped solidify the attendance at arenas. The wrestlers I see now have tons of talent and ability on the mic. I don't really think I've seen a Cena or Rock type character but I've seen solid wrestlers who can create a great system of main eventers and midcarders for years to come. I think the recent signings of independent wrestlers has only helped to strengthen the core roster to come. I will say that for the first time in about 5 years I see a group that will help to create a fantastic WWE for the next 10 to 15 years or more. For me, I'm more concerned with the PG rating. I think that as the kids grow up they aren't going to look at PG wrestling the same way. I think a middle ground of PG-13 would be better. Push some limits. I think it comes down to Vince sticking to his plan and it might be out of date. A new set of eyes could really help make the company thrive with the talent they have.

HCollins-TNA1
07-05-2012, 11:05 PM
so I was thinking, since I joined the IWC, people always talk about how the wwe is not what it used to be, that it's just a shell of what it was, mainly because there are no stars like the attitude era or even before that, and also because the storylines suck, well I got to think about wwe's future and I found some scenario's...

1. wwe finds new stars, get's those stars "superover" and slowly get a fresh breeze into the wwe, since Vince Mcmahon is already looking for the next face of the company that seems the most likely scenario. (I read that in a report somewhere on this site)

2. wwe doesn't find a new face, doesn't get something/someone good enough and people start switching to TNA, or if by then some other promotion is on the rise, so basically it comes down to this...no new stars, lesser viewers, wich means lesser ppv buys and eventually go bankrupt.

3. alternate scenario: Vince dies and the new companyleader takes wwe downhill. I wrote this last one because like him or not Vince is the one responsible for all the succes wwe has and ever had, and maybe if/when he dies, no one could ever do his job like he did.

please share your opinion. ;)

2 and 3 seems the most likely.....
I'm sure Vince is looking high and low in the talent depth of the WWE and FCW and elsewhere... I'm sure he got talent scouts looking else where.... But only problem is pushing and making them a star, which may take time to do.... Not sure we would see WWE go bankrupt due to where it has people who will back the company 100 percent...

Say something would happen Vince is up in age.... Even though he does take care of his body... Many other health conditions could come along that could hinder him or even take his life??? But I do feel no one can do the job Vince did in building the company... Not even a heir to company as in Shane or Stephanie or Triple H... Then I would shutter to think control for the company would take place... With Board of Directors and Stock Holders

Rick BoA
07-06-2012, 01:54 AM
Vince doesnt take care of his body. That old far is so jacked up on steroids its crazy.

URATOOL
07-06-2012, 02:01 AM
Vince doesnt take care of his body. That old far is so jacked up on steroids its crazy.

Says Vince's personal physician Dr Rick BoA.

WPack911
07-06-2012, 02:09 AM
I am not gonna get into your premises, but I will say I think the future for WWE is brighter then it has been at any point in the last 6-7 years. They have and are getting over young talent that will lead them into the next generation and making many good choices overall in the last year plus IMO, more they they have made in the last several years combined.

Haruko Haruhara
07-06-2012, 03:08 AM

Do you know this for a fact of are you jealous because you are not in that shape and you are probably 1/4th his age.

Kenny Kaos
07-06-2012, 06:08 AM
The future of the WWE will be fine. When Linda and Vince eventually "leave", HHH will drop the PG garbage and get back to a more old school stuff of the past.

Even if that never happens, the short term future (next ten years) is looking healthy. Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, Sandow, Kidd, Wyatt, Ambrose, Rollins, Kruger, Dallas, Steamboat Jr, Cesaro, Ohno - plenty of excellent talent to be pushed

BadAndy
07-06-2012, 06:34 AM
Not to mention the younger guys there now that will be there for a while. Rhodes, Ziggler, Kofi, and even guys like Sheamus, Ryder, and probably Ryback that have their following (not exactly what I call excellent talent but still popular).

Kenny Kaos
07-06-2012, 06:47 AM
Not to mention the younger guys there now that will be there for a while. Rhodes, Ziggler, Kofi, and even guys like Sheamus, Ryder, and probably Ryback that have their following (not exactly what I call excellent talent but still popular).

I mentioned Ziggler, but forgot Rhodes! Good shout. See, the future of the WWE is great. Just need certain people that either want one more massive paycheck (Lesnar) or can't handle not hogging the spot light (HHH, Rock) to gracefully bow out and let the new guys shine

MachoManFan
07-06-2012, 08:05 AM
The future of the WWE will be fine. When Linda and Vince eventually "leave", HHH will drop the PG garbage and get back to a more old school stuff of the past.

Even if that never happens, the short term future (next ten years) is looking healthy. Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, Sandow, Kidd, Wyatt, Ambrose, Rollins, Kruger, Dallas, Steamboat Jr, Cesaro, Ohno - plenty of excellent talent to be pushed

This is what scares me the most. WWE can produce TV-14 programming without being sleazey but I get the impression (just a gut feeling) that when HHH takes over any women in the company will be required to shed even more clothes and be portrayed even worse than they are now (#AJALL anybody?). I predict that the future of WWE will be shaped heavily by the internet and IWC. Spoilers, streaming, piracy and kayfabe breaking social media are what lead to short feuds, non-sensical storylines and pushes that last a couple of weeks instead of months. It's down to WWE creative and management to adapt and deliver a good wrestling product and not just pander to the internet's ADHD attitudes.

HCollins-TNA1
07-06-2012, 08:52 AM
If Vince didn't take care of his body.... He would had been long gone 10 years... You just don't get jacked up from steriods, he works out or use to on a daily basis...

Pittbull
07-06-2012, 08:58 AM
People mentioning faces of the company and not mentioning Wade Barrett...

HCollins-TNA1
07-06-2012, 09:00 AM

That is only if USA Network and the WWE Board and Stock-holders and the FCC will let him....

Yeah there is plenty of talent out there....That could carry the WWE... But anything can happen that can and could cause talent to become unhappy and leave.. Another thing is the WWE seems to be question or afraid to let some run on there own and make them real main eventers...

XxJPPRxX
07-06-2012, 09:04 AM
okay this may sound weird and all , but how do you actually make a post cause ive tried for a while now and cant find out how to do it?

Kenny Kaos
07-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Yeah there is plenty of talent out there....That could carry the WWE... But anything can happen that can and could cause talent to become unhappy and leave.. Another thing is the WWE seems to be question or afraid to let some run on there own and make them real main eventers...

Well, Punk and Bryan being WWE and WHC at the same time shows they aren't scared to have smaller, indie guys as the top men.
Tyson Kidd also getting a long over due push. The WWE is far from perfect, but they seem to be willing to push new and more importantly, smaller, athletic guys

HCollins-TNA1
07-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Well, Punk and Bryan being WWE and WHC at the same time shows they aren't scared to have smaller, indie guys as the top men.
Tyson Kidd also getting a long over due push. The WWE is far from perfect, but they seem to be willing to push new and more importantly, smaller, athletic guys
Agree they isn't afraid to use smaller guys.... The point I was getting is look how many time the WWE title match has played 2nd fiddle to a Main Event match... Several this year alone.....

Kenny Kaos
07-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Agree they isn't afraid to use smaller guys.... The point I was getting is look how many time the WWE title match has played 2nd fiddle to a Main Event match... Several this year alone.....

Thats because Cena is popular with kids, who sell a lot of merchandise and thus make a lot of money for the company.

I don't hate Cena. He seems to be a very hard working guy who would do anything for the company. The stuff he does for Make a Wish and B A Star is commendable...but I tune in every week for the wrestling. He bores me. Maybe if they tweeked his character and turned him heel, but that brings you back to merchandise sales. Catch 22 with him I'm afraid. Like it or not, he is face of the company. Champion or not he will ALWAYS be the main event until the company gets a new face. Then we can all bitch about him being ran down our throats, cos as fans, thats all we do. Moan about everything. Guilty of doing it myself

bartish2
07-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Did someone actually say cena never has a bad match? LOL. He has only had a handful of decent matches, rest same old boring crap. and he puts me to sleep on the mic with his boring childish crap zzzzzzzz fast forwarding ftw. and as the guy said above he will always be the top spot because they sell merch to the kids they brainwash into loving him just to keep the company afloat.

Kenny Kaos
07-06-2012, 09:45 AM
and as the guy said above he will always be the top spot because they sell merch to the kids they brainwash into loving him just to keep the company afloat.

I can't be too hard on the kids, when I was one I thought Hulk Hogan was the best wrestler alive! Kids are easily brainwashed! Only around when I became a teenager I started liking heels, like HBK, Razor Ramon, Mr. Perfect and the like

Pumpkinhead
07-06-2012, 10:14 AM
WWE as any company out here has a main objective, selling a product and Cena is hell of a salesman, kids loving him and buy their stuff so as stated before he won't leave until someone younger can be as popular as him right now, I feel there are testing Sheamus as a posible future "face of the company", if is not him it could Punk or Bryan or Rhodes, Ziggler etc. Look all the talent they have I think the future of the E' looks brighter than ever, most of them are really over

Pumpkinhead
07-06-2012, 10:17 AM
okay this may sound weird and all , but how do you actually make a post cause ive tried for a while now and cant find out how to do it?
There should a reply icon on the bottom of the page

rodrik
07-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Did someone actually say cena never has a bad match? LOL. He has only had a handful of decent matches, rest same old boring crap. and he puts me to sleep on the mic with his boring childish crap zzzzzzzz fast forwarding ftw. and as the guy said above he will always be the top spot because they sell merch to the kids they brainwash into loving him just to keep the company afloat.

hey look, another cena-hater, listen, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but be a little rational will ya ;)

btw, to everyone who said something about punk, bryan, sheamus and some others, from what I heard they won't be around for that long, I could be wrong, but that's what I heard somewhere.

BadAndy
07-06-2012, 11:16 AM
It's funny that people think HHH is going to be this devastating blow to the company. He may want to sass it up more to what it used to be but isn't that what everybody is complaining about? That this company isn't like it was during the Attitude Era? He's got the same idea that so many people on here do. He's buried some people but I guarantee that Vince has as well. He has put just as many over. Why do you think putting HHH at the helm is going to equal the women wearing less? You can't do more degrading things to women than Vince has done and already does. Hell, the Natalya farting thing was pretty degrading and that was probably Vince. I hate that there are just as many haters of HHH out there as of Cena. Both of those men have done as much as they can to shape the company into a mega hit. People may not like their in ring work or what they read online about these people but you have to respect them.

rodrik
07-06-2012, 12:06 PM
It's funny that people think HHH is going to be this devastating blow to the company. He may want to sass it up more to what it used to be but isn't that what everybody is complaining about? That this company isn't like it was during the Attitude Era? He's got the same idea that so many people on here do. He's buried some people but I guarantee that Vince has as well. He has put just as many over. Why do you think putting HHH at the helm is going to equal the women wearing less? You can't do more degrading things to women than Vince has done and already does. Hell, the Natalya farting thing was pretty degrading and that was probably Vince. I hate that there are just as many haters of HHH out there as of Cena. Both of those men have done as much as they can to shape the company into a mega hit. People may not like their in ring work or what they read online about these people but you have to respect them.

yeah some "fans" have no respect for those who have done the most for the wwe, they seriously need to grow up, unless they're really young, they never make sense. ;)

Kenny Kaos
07-06-2012, 01:32 PM
I can't wait for HHH to take charge, the company would be a lot better off. He has more of a grasp of what the fans want than Vince

rodrik
07-06-2012, 01:41 PM
I can't wait for HHH to take charge, the company would be a lot better off. He has more of a grasp of what the fans want than Vince

that might be true, but still, vince made the company to what it is now, I believe that triple h will do a great job, but it won't be the same, cause let's face it, vince is a freaking genius the way he handles the business, let's hope triple h paid attention :cool:

Cabers
07-06-2012, 02:04 PM
that might be true, but still, vince made the company to what it is now, I believe that triple h will do a great job, but it won't be the same, cause let's face it, vince is a freaking genius the way he handles the business, let's hope triple h paid attention :cool:

Even when he does hand over full control if Paulie every gets it wrong he will get a good clip behind the ear off vinnie.

HCollins-TNA1
07-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Thats because Cena is popular with kids, who sell a lot of merchandise and thus make a lot of money for the company.

I don't hate Cena. He seems to be a very hard working guy who would do anything for the company. The stuff he does for Make a Wish and B A Star is commendable...but I tune in every week for the wrestling. He bores me. Maybe if they tweeked his character and turned him heel, but that brings you back to merchandise sales. Catch 22 with him I'm afraid. Like it or not, he is face of the company. Champion or not he will ALWAYS be the main event until the company gets a new face. Then we can all bitch about him being ran down our throats, cos as fans, thats all we do. Moan about everything. Guilty of doing it myself

I agree Cena is one of the hardest working guys in the business.... Esp with everything in his life going on....But really it going be hard to push someone to take his spot as the face of the company.... Take when Hogan left the WWF/E in the 1990s WWE was really sure who to push or what to do... They gave several guys the spot light....

I don't think a Cena heel turn would work like it did for Hogan??? Hogan heel turn was needed cause fans was tired of the same old same old.... If Cena would turn... lots of kids would be disappointed...

I think the future isn't someone already on the main roster, but someone in FCW or in the Indys that has yet to come....

Kenny Kaos
07-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I think the future isn't someone already on the main roster, but someone in FCW or in the Indys that has yet to come....

I know I sound like some kind of fanboy but I genuinely believe WWE have the future of their company already in the palm of their hands. Guys like Sandow, Wyatt, Rollins, Cesaro, Ohno, Steamboat Jr, Dallas - they WILL carry the company in the next 10 years

HCollins-TNA1
07-07-2012, 05:29 PM
I know I sound like some kind of fanboy but I genuinely believe WWE have the future of their company already in the palm of their hands. Guys like Sandow, Wyatt, Rollins, Cesaro, Ohno, Steamboat Jr, Dallas - they WILL carry the company in the next 10 years

The thing is which one will be the breakout star??? No question all of them are talented....

Kenny Kaos
07-07-2012, 06:19 PM
The thing is which one will be the breakout star??? No question all of them are talented....

That is a fantastic question, and one that I don't think anyone can answer at the minute. Take Legacy for instance. Out of Cody and Ted who would have thought Cody would be the one to go on to bigger and better things? I certainly didn't.

I think Rollins and Sandow have a great look. I expect big things from Ambrose too. These 3 seem to be the ones WWE are high on at the minute

HCollins-TNA1
07-07-2012, 06:36 PM
That is a fantastic question, and one that I don't think anyone can answer at the minute. Take Legacy for instance. Out of Cody and Ted who would have thought Cody would be the one to go on to bigger and better things? I certainly didn't.

I think Rollins and Sandow have a great look. I expect big things from Ambrose too. These 3 seem to be the ones WWE are high on at the minute

Sandow could be the top heel of the company...... As for face of the company I scratch my head at that question??