PDA

View Full Version : Is AJ Styles the New Sting?

Rich Cranium
11-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Before you interpret the title in your own way, here is my meaning. We all know the fact that the Stinger is the most popular wrestler to haver never signed with WWE. AJ Styles has wrestled some matches for the WWF but never signed a deal. Let face facts, AJ has been on the map for some time now. I'm not comparing skills or anything, I'm just pondering about the "not signing with WWE aspect". Do you think he will go to WWE eventually or will he stay on the opposite side?

SilverGhost
11-12-2010, 01:36 PM
I think he will stay in TNA until the company crumbles.

He is dedicated to TNA. WWE would put him down....I guess he would go indy in Japan or something.

Robstar
11-12-2010, 01:39 PM
A lot of people say that WWE would bury AJ, but I would say that he couldn't make it in WWE. He just doesn't have the mic skills or personality to project himself to the WWE liking. He would, however, make an exceptional Conquistador Dos ;)

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-12-2010, 01:40 PM
I think its just a matter of time before AJ wakes up and goes back to the WWE. I'm not sure if they would use him correctly probably not but I do understand this, get your money early because you never know what might happen in life and clearly the WWE will pay him 2-3 fold what he gets now at TNA. Its a life decision on his part, sure he'll be on the road more with the E but he will set up his family for life, after all he is a family man and family comes first. What better way to have a job with a company that isn't on the verge of going under and make more money doing what you love, wrestling.

U MAD???

wallyman
11-12-2010, 02:22 PM
from what i read aj is the one of those few who has a tna contract with a good amount of money/...from what i read he makes over 300k....a year and he has a contract....so its safe to say i think he will b in tna for a while if this is true.

mrqib
11-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Gotta Agree with Robstar
BTW Silver ghost Great Picture :)

SilverGhost
11-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Gotta Agree with Robstar
BTW Silver ghost Great Picture :)

Thanks! You can get it if you want!

AJ would make it to the WWE but not far enough...

KSTornado
11-12-2010, 05:00 PM
A lot of people say that WWE would bury AJ, but I would say that he couldn't make it in WWE. He just doesn't have the mic skills or personality to project himself to the WWE liking. He would, however, make an exceptional Conquistador Dos ;)

Yet Daniel Bryan makes it? That dude has no real mic skill or charisma but yet he is holding a belt now based off his skill.

Robstar
11-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Yet Daniel Bryan makes it? That dude has no real mic skill or charisma but yet he is holding a belt now based off his skill.

Daniel Bryan is WAAAAAY better on the mic than AJ "As Dumb As A Slab Of Concrete" Styles. Also, Daniel Bryan looks like he'd be a fully sick Dungeon Master while AJ looks like he's be chewing on the 12 sided dice

Bodom
11-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Where did all this hate for AJ comes from?

Robstar
11-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Where did all this hate for AJ comes from?

I'm not hating on AJ, he's very skilled. But these days as you know, you need to have more than one dimension to make it - in fact, the emphasis is on everything else besides what you can do in the ring. It's sad but the way it is now. Wrestling fans are very demanding, almost unreasonably sometimes

Robstar
11-12-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm not hating on AJ, he's very skilled. But these days as you know, you need to have more than one dimension to make it - in fact, the emphasis is on everything else besides what you can do in the ring. It's sad but the way it is now. Wrestling fans are very demanding, almost unreasonably sometimes

Actually, I'd go as far as to suggest that the fans are wrestlings worst enemy. There's always something thats not right. There isn't the same level of loyalty you find in other sports - oh, sure, they're loyal enough, but will have the knives out as soon as, oh I don't know, Robbie E wins a title? Good example. Man, I don't remember when a simple gimmick got so much heat - Gobbledegooker heat!

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Lol did You just quote yourself Robstar? Anyway, I think AJ could make it in the WWE. I don't think he's that bad on the mic and I certainly think he can be as good a face as a Rey Mysterio or Jeff Hardy was for the WWE as champion.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-13-2010, 08:13 PM
He is better than john Morrison on the mic... And why have him go to wwe? AJ is about competition just like kaz, if he were to go there he'd be minimized to 3 moves just like Daniel Bryan.

Riiigghht, Daniel Bryan has been limited to three moves. I'm sorry have you been watching or are you just speculating?

Firebrand
11-20-2010, 05:14 PM
WWE has a history of taking great talent from other companies and completely ruining them. BUt on the other hand I couldnt blame AJ if he left TNA, they arnt really using him much better at the moment. He should be the one saving TNA from Immortal/Fortune.

t34mplayer
11-21-2010, 03:52 AM
If A.J starts disappearing for long spells and then have some 'in the rafters' promos and then have him main event bound for glory for what? four years in a row?(probably not as much as that) then he would be like sting in TNA.

sly2414
12-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Didn't Hogan say they were goning to push AJ even further. "saying he is like the best wrestler in the game." For a minute I thought he was gonna lead fortune. I hope he is pushed out of the group and is like a savior of tna, forms he own group with the likes of eric young

Tommy Thunder
12-20-2010, 03:44 PM
I can see AJ never signing for WWE. But the question is, what happens when TNA folds...

The Brown One
12-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Riiigghht, Daniel Bryan has been limited to three moves. I'm sorry have you been watching or are you just speculating?

I'd say! Even if DB had those "3 moves", he'd still be the most entertaining wrestler in the WWE.

SilverGhost
12-20-2010, 05:29 PM
I can see AJ never signing for WWE. But the question is, what happens when TNA folds...

AJ would go to NJPW or ROH.

A guy like him doesn't need WWE.