PDA

View Full Version : Old School Raw

Mr. McMahon
11-09-2010, 01:07 PM
It's been confirmed that Mean Gene Okerlund will be handling interviews on next week's three-hour Old School RAW from Hershey, Pennsylvania. Legends confirmed include Sgt. Slaughter, Dusty Rhodes, Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka, The Iron Sheik, Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Nikolai Volkoff.

WWE will be going out all next week with retro graphics, a retro set design, music and appearances by other Legends.

While we haven't heard anything about Shawn Michaels appearing, it should be noted that Michaels and his former Rockers tag team partner Marty Jannetty were featured in the teaser video for next week's show.

Partial source: F4Wonline.com

wretlingrock392
11-09-2010, 01:56 PM
i dont think shawn will show up... he has been pretty adamant on staying retired, shawn didnt even show when the wwe came to is home town in texas, the exact town escapes me

Bodom
11-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior were also featured in that video.

They sure as hell aren't going to be there.

That teaser video was just that, a teaser.

Rich Cranium
11-09-2010, 02:58 PM
i dont think shawn will show up... he has been pretty adamant on staying retired, shawn didnt even show when the wwe came to is home town in texas, the exact town escapes me
San Antonio

Tommy Thunder
11-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter.

I for one don't think HBK will be there. He hasn't ruled out making future appearnces for WWE, but I think i'ts still too early for him to make an appearence yet. But it sure as hell would be awesome if he does play some part!!

I would love to see JR make an appearence at the commentary table. Not sure what the rest of ou think of his, but I think it would be great to see god ole JR back or 'one night only'.

Real infinite wisdom!!

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
Ezekiel 25:17.

TJHawkesybaby
11-09-2010, 05:02 PM
I would love JR back Cole is a tit!!!!

ToWhomItConcerns.
11-09-2010, 05:14 PM
i hope he doesn't show up...i want him to stay away for awhile

not cause i don't like him (hes my all time favorite) but mainly because i don't want him to seem like a hypocrite. hes retired so he should stay away. that doesn't mean that i wouldn't enjoy seeing him...i just don't need to.

as for the show itself...it seems interesting. i've hoped they would do something like this for about a year now. i'd love to see Vince, King and JR calling the matches, i'd mark out if they had to old RAW set (the letters). as for the legends they've mentioned so far like Dusty Rhodes---who wasn't ever even on RAW until the 2000s, Sheik, Roddy Pi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

oh sorry i fell asleep on the keyboard just naming them.

on a random note i hope thats not considered spamming. that would suck.

SaberToothTigerz
11-11-2010, 04:06 AM
good ole jr ftw why aint in there anymore? :c

Bodom
11-11-2010, 08:35 AM
good ole jr ftw why aint in there anymore? :c

I hate to say it, but it will probably be better if Ross does not call that show, because then everyone will have had a small taste of Ross and would want more. By not having him call that show, people then will not be up in arms as to why he is not the full time play by play guy.

SaberToothTigerz
11-11-2010, 09:17 AM
I hate to say it, but it will probably be better if Ross does not call that show, because then everyone will have had a small taste of Ross and would want more. By not having him call that show, people then will not be up in arms as to why he is not the full time play by play guy.

again i place the question
why isnt ross a commentator?
i was probably not watching wrestling when he left so i dont kno.

Bodom
11-11-2010, 09:18 AM
again i place the question
why isnt ross a commentator?
i was probably not watching wrestling when he left so i dont kno.

He had a nasty bells palsy attack

SaberToothTigerz
11-12-2010, 09:12 AM
He had a nasty bells palsy attack

will he be back? :c

Bodom
11-12-2010, 09:20 AM
will he be back? :c

Doesn't look he ever will.

SaberToothTigerz
11-12-2010, 09:26 AM
shit...
i guess its back to cole praising vickie...

TNA 'The very best'
11-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Just want to vent my anger, And please correct me if i am wrong.

But if this is a show just dedicated to old school and has nothing to do with current storylines then this is pointless, why stop in the middle off a build up to a ppv.

I'm all up for a show for the vets but why not make it like a Saturday night live or something,

Just seems stupid to me.

Bodom
11-12-2010, 12:27 PM
You make an excellent point. This is the last Raw before the PPV and bad timing to have a gimmick show. If my memory serves me right, they haven't done any selling of the PPV that doesn't involve Barret and Cena.

They need to do a hard sell tonight. Won't be easy

TNA 'The very best'
11-12-2010, 12:30 PM
You make an excellent point. This is the last Raw before the PPV and bad timing to have a gimmick show. If my memory serves me right, they haven't done any selling of the PPV that doesn't involve Barret and Cena.

They need to do a hard sell tonight. Won't be easy

I'm sure they have 2 or 3 matchs on the card so far. People talk shit about TNA and the storylines, but how is this any better. Just annoys me.

eyehatecena
11-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Am sure they will use Nexus to ruin things in some way for the vets...that said, I will just dvr it and watch it later. But yeah, not sure why they would put this on before a PPV coming up real soon.

Bodom
11-12-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm sure they have 2 or 3 matchs on the card so far. People talk shit about TNA and the storylines, but how is this any better. Just annoys me.
WWE's been around for a lot longer and they've done a lot more good than bad.

I don't speak for others, but when I "talk shit" about TNA its out of frustration. TNA has the potential, roster, and tools to become a great company and a solid #2, yet they consistently drop the ball at key moments. It frustrates the hell out of me because I want them to succeed

SaberToothTigerz
11-12-2010, 12:42 PM
its gonna be fun fun fun
old men chopping the chests out of the newbies showing us their ugly flab bellys
fun fun fun

TNA 'The very best'
11-12-2010, 12:45 PM
WWE's been around for a lot longer and they've done a lot more good than bad.

I don't speak for others, but when I "talk shit" about TNA its out of frustration. TNA has the potential, roster, and tools to become a great company and a solid #2, yet they consistently drop the ball at key moments. It frustrates the hell out of me because I want them to succeed

I agree with that, i love TNA but makes stupid mistakes. They gave a ppv to ECW guys but the next taping they gave the fans a ppv on impact, we're not going to get another raw for actual story lines, BTW im watching superstars now and the keep advertising it thats why im annoyed.

Rich Cranium
11-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Can any of these vets still go? I was impressed with Steamboat against Jericho at WM (forgot the number). Unfortunatley, I dont think he can perform anymore, now anyways.

Rich Cranium
11-12-2010, 12:50 PM
its gonna be fun fun fun
old men chopping the chests out of the newbies showing us their ugly flab bellys
fun fun fun

Since chops are banned, I guess they'll have the newbies run into their fists.

Bodom
11-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Are they even going to wrestle?

SaberToothTigerz
11-12-2010, 12:53 PM

lol why are they banned?

Rassling_Fan
11-12-2010, 12:59 PM
I seriously doubt they'll wrestle. Most likely it'll be them in the Guest Host role while the story lines continue.

Rich Cranium
11-12-2010, 01:02 PM
I seriously doubt they'll wrestle. Most likely it'll be them in the Guest Host role while the story lines continue.

That sounds logical, maybe comedy bits and creating matches.

el gabo
11-12-2010, 01:12 PM
That sounds logical, maybe comedy bits and creating matches.

They should be there solely to do comedy, if not then I want to see Mae Young kick Maryse's ass.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Please allow the most stand out forum poster in the EWN community to give his infinite wisdom on this matter. I'm really excited to see all the great historic superstars on Raw. It's a change, and change is good. Yeah it doesn't help build the ppv but so what. Let me axe you this question.;) When was the last time the WWE had a great build up to a ppv other than Wrestlmania's. Raw should be fun on Monday night and I'll be sure to have my popcorn ready. I just hope we get to see Mae Youngs puppies one more time, that would truly make my night.

U MAD???

SilverGhost
11-12-2010, 01:34 PM
I would like to see Steamboat go in the ring.

I was surprised that he took Jericho to the limit.

Iron Ape
11-12-2010, 01:40 PM
This Raw is going to be 3 hours long. They could give the legends a entire hour of screen-time and it still wouldn't interfere with the usual PPV building. So, basically, much ado about nothing.

Bodom
11-12-2010, 02:41 PM
This Raw is going to be 3 hours long. They could give the legends a entire hour of screen-time and it still wouldn't interfere with the usual PPV building. So, basically, much ado about nothing.

It's 3 hours? Yeah hopefully they limit the nostalgia and campiness so they can concentrate on SS

Rich Cranium
11-12-2010, 03:00 PM
The latest is that the King Jerry Lawler may not make the old school raw but I feel it would add that nostalgiac feeling to incorporate JR in the mix. It's gonna be a slobbernocker!

Tommy Thunder
11-12-2010, 03:38 PM

Actually, chops are not banned, it was reported that they had been banned months ago, but i've seen countless wrestlers use flair-like chops since. Chris Masters does them, Yoshi Tatsu ddoes them, and I believe Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, Justin Gabriel, Primo, Tyson Kidd, both of the Dudebusters, and possibly others do them. But I see you'r point.

Tommy Thunder
11-12-2010, 03:46 PM
If it's going to be 'Old School' RAW, shouldn't WWE try and get 'old school' commentators in?! Jerry Lawler is an obvious choice (if he's able to make it, although if he was fully fit, i'd have had him wrestle). But i'm thinking of JR!! He's under contract with WWE, why can't they have him make a 'one night only' apperance?! Or what about Jesse Ventura? Or why not even have Vince himself make an appearence behind the table?! I'd be very interested to see Cole a JR at the same table. JR as the face color commentator, Cole as the heel, and Mathews as the play by play prehaps. I can only imagine the conflict between Cole and JR, and Mathews hates Cole too as we see on NXT. But will WWE do this? I doubt it somehow...

Bodom
11-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Cole and Vince could be an interesting combo.

Rich Cranium
11-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Gotta have JR for that nostalgiac feel as far as the 90's. Ventura for the 80's.

Bodom
11-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Gotta have JR for that nostalgiac feel as far as the 90's. Ventura for the 80's.

The thing is though. That if JR comes back for just one night, we're just gonna piss and moan even more about why he cant STAY.

Rich Cranium
11-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Tatanka is said to be appearing at the Old School Raw and was told to bring his ring gear. Looks like we will see some vets wrestle. I haven't seen Tatanka in a while but when I did, he still could still go. Not saying he still can wrestle, but we shall see.
Please, shower me with your comments.

Bodom
11-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Awesome news. Always enjoyed Tatanka and the man can still go in the ring.

SilverGhost
11-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Tatanka is a good choice! Recently Tatanka beat Lethal. Good match.

DarkSide
11-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Tatanka is said to be appearing at the Old School Raw and was told to bring his ring gear. Looks like we will see some vets wrestle. I haven't seen Tatanka in a while but when I did, he still could still go. Not saying he still can wrestle, but we shall see.
Please, shower me with your comments.

I could never understand why WWE let him go last time?

He is still over with the crowd and still built like a brick shithouse. I like the guy and could really be a mentor to some of the younger guys.

SilverGhost
11-14-2010, 02:45 PM
I could never understand why WWE let him go last time?

He is still over with the crowd and still built like a brick shithouse. I like the guy and could really be a mentor to some of the younger guys.

He asked for a release.

But I agree. He can still go for his age and stature. His chops I believe rival with Flair's xD

wallyman
11-14-2010, 02:45 PM
lol...tna uses old veterans and they are farts...wwe uses veterans and omg i hope they can still go lol....

Bodom
11-14-2010, 02:53 PM
lol...tna uses old veterans and they are farts...wwe uses veterans and omg i hope they can still go lol....

Big difference between signing someone for a 1 night deal and signing someone to a year/multi-year deal.

old school is cool
11-14-2010, 02:58 PM
love tatanka. he had some great matches with shawn michaels. i always felt he was underrated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rE3pK7GYYQ

SilverGhost
11-14-2010, 03:13 PM

You don't know anything do you?

bigrence202
11-14-2010, 03:20 PM
thats great to hear i was a huge Tatanka fan back in the day,,and yea him and HBK had some good matches, and he had a good fued with Ludvig Borga as well

wallyman
11-14-2010, 03:55 PM
You don't know anything do you?

all i know is hogan and flair are the only old people in tna that cannot go...and based on that tna is a retirement home and full of old farts lol...

H.B.K
11-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Used to love Tatanka when i was a kid, great to see him back

SilverGhost
11-14-2010, 03:58 PM
all i know is hogan and flair are the only old people in tna that cannot go...and based on that tna is a retirement home and full of old farts lol...

That much we know. BUT THIS IS WWE! TATANKA, LIKE STEAMBOAT, CAN STILL GO IN THE RING AND MAKE OTHERS LOOK GOOD!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-14-2010, 04:15 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSa1d5efj5YrgxQ8ZzbF3kdAhXyV7tMI CTzC_kF5aG9W_QtdyAx Tatanka is coming back for one night. I'm so excited http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLgCROOhPKQoMzxdeMRetXWQEnFalCm zG46s98hRwbkxy4Gug-ag and if your not down with that http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFL4Yj9EQKYdSnm7JOOdNq8xGPh3EcD-ShIAAo8X1_n708VjjWjJSuKdhp9Q but remember
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pROGfJ4qcmQ

U MAD???

wallyman
11-14-2010, 05:41 PM
hogan had 2 matches in tna i think flair has had 4 or 3...

SilverGhost
11-14-2010, 05:45 PM
hogan had 2 matches in tna i think flair has had 4 or 3...

How does Hogan and Flair matches have to do with Tatanka going to the WWE for one night?

Necroyeti
11-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Your blind TNA fanboyism knows no bounds. It's actually pretty impressive.

SilverGhost
11-14-2010, 06:09 PM
I want to make one thing PERFECTLY clear:

TNA is NOT the greatest thing in wrestling today.

Necroyeti
11-14-2010, 06:16 PM
I want to make one thing PERFECTLY clear:

TNA is NOT the greatest thing in wrestling today.
ringofhonorlogo.jpg

BTW my last comment was directed @ wallyman, we musta posted within seconds of each other

SilverGhost
11-14-2010, 06:19 PM
ringofhonorlogo.jpg

BTW my last comment was directed @ wallyman, we musta posted within seconds of each other

My comment was towards him also. I mean, what does Hogan and Flair have to do with Tatanka in the WWE for a Legends night?

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-15-2010, 12:02 AM
In honor of Tantanka coming back for a night here is my indian chant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCTRpGLuwb8

SaberToothTigerz
11-15-2010, 05:56 AM
never liked tatanka dunno why :s

JLeeDude1892
11-15-2010, 12:23 PM
That much we know. BUT THIS IS WWE! TATANKA, LIKE STEAMBOAT, CAN STILL GO IN THE RING AND MAKE OTHERS LOOK GOOD!

Steamboat? You realize he'll never wrestle another match, right?

Bodom
11-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Steamboat? You realize he'll never wrestle another match, right?

Don't crush our dreams.

sperry72
11-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Spent the afternoon with Tatanka on Saturday at show in Toronto. He is looking forward to being on RAW. He is still in great shape and a hell of a great person.

FaceOfSpades
11-15-2010, 10:36 PM
anyone who saw the old school raw seen what im talkin about! Was that a breath of fresh air or what? The reaction was PRICELESS!!!!! I think she may have really been upset.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Hello SHOWERHEADS AND SPRINKLERS. Tonight's Raw was epic, just plain EPIC. From the WWF logo to the ring ropes even Lord Alfred Hayes doing the promotions. I got to see the doctor of style SLICK (looks the same as 20 years ago btw), May Young calling LayCool sluts and bitches. When Dusty Roads said damn I got some weird kids I laughed my my ass off. Giving the Iron Sheik the mic was pretty ballsy of Vince to do. I thought the mic was going to be cut off sooner than it was. And of course the return of good ole JR. Tonight I renounce my membership of being a Cole miner. JR and the King are classic and I think Cole showed his ass tonight and disrespected JR on his triumphant return. This Raw was AWESOME.

What was your favorite part of OLD SCHOOL RAW???

Silverdust
11-15-2010, 11:08 PM
the return of JR was unexpected and awesome!

WWTNA IS ALIVE
11-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Cole getting owned by JR.

IrkenInvader
Why didn't the Brooklyn Brawler get a standing ovation?

BaileyRose
It was amazing. I just wish the crowd was into it alot. The crowd was dead for most of the show.

Mr. McMahon
11-15-2010, 11:25 PM
hahaha. i mentioned some of the same things what wwe raw should do to improve it, and I mentioned a lot of things like changing the stage and many other old school stuff, everyone was totally against it... and now that wwe does something similar, everyone suddenly loves. Gotta love the IWC hypocrites

SilverGhost
11-15-2010, 11:26 PM
F*** the crowd!

JR COMING BACK=MY MARK OUT MOMENT!

IrkenInvader
11-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Sheik and Volkov were put together just because they weren't American.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-15-2010, 11:29 PM
Did Rock ever appear on this Raw? I missed half of the show due to falling asleep.

Bodom
11-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Best fucking Raw since JR left.

Scottland
11-15-2010, 11:32 PM
It was an okay RAW. It was nothing special. It was just cool to see the old school look & JR but other then that...it was really boring.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-15-2010, 11:34 PM
It was an okay RAW. It was nothing special. It was just cool to see the old school look & JR but other then that...it was really boring.

Can I hug you?

WWTNA IS ALIVE
11-15-2010, 11:34 PM

At first, it started off boring but got better and better.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-15-2010, 11:37 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-aIxQRfMYyHuO_cnZDFcBMhwH2sccQQzaTVVpyY-Poy3CN8_F

WWTNA IS ALIVE
11-15-2010, 11:38 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-aIxQRfMYyHuO_cnZDFcBMhwH2sccQQzaTVVpyY-Poy3CN8_F

Mr. Anderson stole your gimmick. You really are an asshole! Just saying.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Someone always has to be a kill joy ....

I thought the show was fabulous. Good to see all the legends again. I loved seeing JR come back and own Michael Cole. Also, on top of that, almost every match on RAW was pretty solid. Watching Mae Young call Laycool Sluts and Bitches had me ROFL. xD I got a kick out of the ending as well. For anyone NOT to enjoy this show just makes me question what kind of wrestling fan they are. You had a marvelous night of legends and a currents stars. It was anything OTHER than boring, in my eyes.

WWTNA IS ALIVE
11-15-2010, 11:41 PM
I guess no matter what, if you have Mae Young on your show, don't expect her to care about PG!

WWTNA IS ALIVE
11-15-2010, 11:44 PM

I thought the show was fabulous. Good to see all the legends again. I loved seeing JR come back and own Michael Cole. Also, on top of that, almost every match on RAW was pretty solid. Watching Mae Young call Laycool Sluts and Bitches had me ROFL. xD I got a kick out of the ending as well. For anyone NOT to enjoy this show just makes me question what kind of wrestling fan they are. You had a marvelous night of legends and a currents stars. It was anything OTHER than boring, in my eyes.

Mae Young is so old, she probably thought she was still in the altitude era! Don't piss Mae Young off!

Iron Ape
11-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Mae Young is so old, she probably thought she was still in the altitude era! Don't piss Mae Young off!

Was there an era where wrestling matches just randomly turned into flight lessons or something?

Scottland
11-15-2010, 11:47 PM

I will say the Mae Young thing was funny. Who knew Mae Young would bring the Attitude Era to this Bubblegum Era. But again, it was just okay. It was great to see some of the legends like JR, Mean Gene, The Fink, Hot Rod & such but overall just nothing special.

Silverdust
11-15-2010, 11:49 PM
JR was the icing on the cake

Scottland
11-15-2010, 11:51 PM
At first, it started off boring but got better and better.

Actually, it was at it's best in the early beginning.

P.S. You say WWE is nothing without him (John Cena). Actually, WWE was better without him. Betty White has more dirt then Mr. Goodie-Two-Shoes John Cena (pure bubblegum).

WWTNA IS ALIVE
11-15-2010, 11:52 PM
Actually, it was at it's best in the early beginning.

P.S. You say WWE is nothing without him (John Cena). Actually, WWE was better without him. Betty White has more dirt then Mr. Goodie-Two-Shoes John Cena (pure bubblegum).

So why did you have a problem with the show?

Scottland
11-15-2010, 11:53 PM
anyone who saw the old school raw seen what im talkin about! Was that a breath of fresh air or what? The reaction was PRICELESS!!!!! I think she may have really been upset.

Mae Young brought back some Attitude. It was refreshing.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Mr. Anderson stole your gimmick. You really are an asshole! Just saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o30wacwdoc

and proud of it. U MAD???

WWTNA IS ALIVE
11-16-2010, 12:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o30wacwdoc

and proud of it. U MAD???

Being an asshole is a way of life. Nothing wrong with that.

IrkenInvader
11-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Being an asshole is a way of life. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm an asshole and I'm proud of it.

Scottland
11-16-2010, 12:15 AM
So why did you have a problem with the show?

There was just nothing special about it. It was just a run through the motions event. I mean the mass majority of the legends they brought back were from the 80s or earlier. They should have had a Saturday Night Main Event show instead of a RAW Is WAR (none of these legends except JR were around during that era). I don't know...it just wasn't what it could have been. I mean they couldn't even get Rock? Stone Cold? Bret Hart? Shawn Michaels? Hell, even Kevin Nash for pete sakes? Bring Jericho back for one night? I mean Vince McMahon didn't even show up which says how much went into tonight (not much) & so forth. I'm glad some people enjoyed tonight but I expected a hell of alot more. It was just a mediocre event in my eyes.

P.S. WWE was suppose to have The Rock do a via video on tonight's RAW & they couldn't even get that.

IrkenInvader
11-16-2010, 12:21 AM
There was just nothing special about it. It was just a run through the motions event. I mean the mass majority of the legends they brought back were from the 80s or earlier. They should have had a Saturday Night Main Event show instead of a RAW Is WAR (none of these legends except JR were around during that era). I don't know...it just wasn't what it could have been. I mean they couldn't even get Rock? Stone Cold? Bret Hart? Shawn Michaels? Hell, even Kevin Nash for pete sakes? Bring Jericho back for one night? I mean Vince McMahon didn't even show up which says how much went into tonight (not much) & so forth. I'm glad some people enjoyed tonight but I expected a hell of alot more. It was just a mediocre event in my eyes.

P.S. WWE was suppose to have The Rock do a via video on tonight's RAW & they couldn't even get that.

Its called "Old School" they are using the 80s logo. So they brought back the 80s legends. Just because there were no Attitude Era things doesn't mean it was a failure. Some people prefer the 80s. It was never booked as an Attitude Era edition of Raw.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 12:23 AM
I never saw it anywhere that they attempted to get Rock.

None of the reputable sites said that.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-16-2010, 12:26 AM
Its called "Old School" they are using the 80s logo. So they brought back the 80s legends. Just because there were no Attitude Era things doesn't mean it was a failure. Some people prefer the 80s. It was never booked as an Attitude Era edition of Raw.

Not only that this old school raw was better than some PPV's. This raw made me happier than a hooker in a five star hotel!!!!!!

Scottland
11-16-2010, 12:31 AM

Dude, that logo was used in the early 90's as well as it was called the Federation Era. The 90's were NOT JUST the Attitude Era (that was late 90's). Yeah I know it's "Old School" but that doesn't mean nothing. Also guys like Bret Hart, HBK, Nash & so forth were around way before the Attitude Era. I'm sorry but WWE didn't put much effort into tonight's show.

Tommy Thunder
11-16-2010, 12:31 AM
J.R. was the highlight of Old School Raw.

REAL infinite wisdom!!

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my
name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
Ezekiel 25:17.

Tommy Thunder
11-16-2010, 12:32 AM
Not only that this old school raw was better than some PPV's. This raw made me happier than a hooker in a five star hotel!!!!!!

REAL infinite wisdom!!

IrkenInvader
11-16-2010, 12:33 AM

Thats because we know who these legends are not those "darn" kids who watch now and most of them probably don't know who the Rock is.

Scottland
11-16-2010, 12:33 AM
I never saw it anywhere that they attempted to get Rock.

None of the reputable sites said that.

They wanted to do a video message from The Rock in Hawaii but it seems they couldn't get to work. WWE has been in contact with The Rock since last week on trying to make him do an appearance live or on video. Yes, it was on specific wrestling websites.

IrkenInvader
11-16-2010, 12:36 AM
As King said "Mae Young doesn't have a sinngle enemy. She outlived 'em all!"

vbirwin
11-16-2010, 12:36 AM
Any time George Steel get's screen time it's must see TV.

The one thing that pissed me off though was when they broke up Orton and Cena one of the guys that got between them was multiple time tag team champ Tony Garea. So why didn't Garea get brought out as a "Legend" at the end? He held more gold than most of the guys out there.

Scottland
11-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Thats because we know who these legends are not those "darn" kids who watch now and most of them probably don't know who the Rock is.

I wouldn't go that far dude, that kids don't know who The Rock is as they probably know him better as Dwayne Johnson but they may know him as The Rock though since he's been credited that way in certain films. The Rock is a much bigger figure then just being known in the wrestling industry. Little kids know who The Rock is but just probably more so as an actor then a wrestler.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 12:39 AM
They wanted to do a video message from The Rock in Hawaii but it seems they couldn't get to work. WWE has been in contact with The Rock since last week on trying to make him do an appearance live or on video. Yes, it was on specific wrestling websites.

Not trying to be antagonistic or a dick, but I honestly don't believe that. Only 2 websites I trust when it comes to rumors like that and I haven't seen them there.

Scottland
11-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Not trying to be antagonistic or a dick, but I honestly don't believe that. Only 2 websites I trust when it comes to rumors like that and I haven't seen them there.

Dude, believe whatever you want but it's been talked about for the past week or two. I don't care if you don't want to believe me. It is what it is. It really doesn't matter because it didn't happen anyways...so, it's pretty much pointless now.

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 12:44 AM

Ryan Clark also "reported" that CM Punk was going to be at the announce table tonight. We all saw how that panned out.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Ryan Clark also "reported" that CM Punk was going to be at the announce table tonight. We all saw how that panned out.

Everything he "reports" is either bullshit or stolen from REAL reporters

Scottland
11-16-2010, 12:47 AM

Yeah...I saw that report as well. CM Punk though is dealing with some nagging injuries so that may have played a part into why it didn't happen.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-16-2010, 12:49 AM

I probably shouldn't say this but oh well here it goes. Remember when he said JR had him on speed dial, I laughed my ass off at that one. But in all fairness the dude gets shit on a lot so I think we need to cut him a break every now and again.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 12:50 AM
I probably shouldn't say this but oh well here it goes. Remember when he said JR had him on speed dial, I laughed my ass off at that one. But in all fairness the dude gets shit on a lot so I think we need to cut him a break every now and again.

In all fairness he deserves every last bit of shit.

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 12:51 AM
Yeah...I saw that report as well. CM Punk though is dealing with some nagging injuries so that may have played a part into why it didn't happen.

The nagging injuries were the entire reason he was purported to be put behind the desk in the first place.

IrkenInvader
11-16-2010, 12:55 AM
Daniel Bryan looked awesome.

Scottland
11-16-2010, 12:57 AM
The nagging injuries were the entire reason he was purported to be put behind the desk in the first place.

Who knows man...maybe CM Punk just wasn't up to it. I'm sure something will be reported about why he didn't get put behind the desk.

Scottland
11-16-2010, 12:59 AM

Cole was such an annoying distraction in Bryan/Swagger match that I simply couldn't enjoy it.

JagerDave
11-16-2010, 01:00 AM
My favorite part of the night was Piper showing that old school way of putting real emotion into a promo. It was awesome seeing a legendary mic worker go in there and show everyone what real stick skills are. He did more for that SS match in 2 minutes than the participants did in 2 weeks.

All the mic work today is so robotic and bland that it downgrades any angle or feud. Most of this has to fall on the fact that "the boys" basically have every word they say on air spoon-fed to them. Hopefully Pipers work tonight rubs off on both the wwe performers and the writers as well.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 01:00 AM

Bryan vs Swagger called by JR made me the happiest iv been in two months.

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 01:11 AM
Who knows man...maybe CM Punk just wasn't up to it.
Certainly not Ryan Clark.

I'm sure something will be reported about why he didn't get put behind the desk.
Yep. And there will, no doubt, be an entire flock of e-tards waiting to eagerly lap up said "report". The neverending cycle of conjecture and speculation being presented as fact will go on and on.

Scottland
11-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Certainly not Ryan Clark.

Yep. And there will, no doubt, be an entire flock of e-tards waiting to eagerly lap up said "report". The neverending cycle of conjecture and speculation being presented as fact will go on and on.

Why do you think they have gossip pages? Hmmm...

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 01:28 AM
Why do you think they have gossip pages? Hmmm...

Gossip pages are the work of gossip mongers. When someone presents themself as journalist, though, they are held to a completely different standard.

Hmmm, indeed.

Dameduse823
11-16-2010, 01:29 AM
It wasn't the best skit but seeing the entire dysfunctional Rhodes family together got a smile on my face, especially when Dusty said 'Man I raised some weird kids'

Always a pleasure to see Mae Young, I was a little disappointed that they didn't have henry come out with her since he brought back his Sexual Chocolate gimmick -Hope fully a one night thing

But by far the best part of the show was seeing Piper out there again after his cancer scare last year and still outshining Cena by a clear mile when he talked about how important the title was to the WWE and guys like him who'd never gotten the chance to hold it

Scottland
11-16-2010, 01:31 AM
Gossip pages are the work of gossip mongers. When someone presents themself as journalist, though, they are held to a completely different standard.

Hmmm, indeed.

I hope you know, I'm agreeing with you here.

WWTNA IS ALIVE
11-16-2010, 01:32 AM
I hope you know, I'm agreeing with you here.

If you agree, you kill the man with a plan bro! Just saying.

Scottland
11-16-2010, 01:35 AM
If you agree, you kill the man with a plan bro! Just saying.

What? Sorry but I don't get what your saying with that one man.

SilverGhost
11-16-2010, 02:09 AM

Hmmm, indeed.

Why isn't this man a writer for the WWE or reporting REAL wrestling news is WAY BEYOND ME!

tommy1983
11-16-2010, 06:11 AM

he deserves it all, the guys full of s***!!

His "reporting" is shocking, repeats old news all the time and has more alleged friends in the biz than i've had hot dinners, wot a douchebag!

SaberToothTigerz
11-16-2010, 07:46 AM
I loved old school raw and fuck u who think it didnt u just always let the ones who enjoyed the show..look down and rethink what we thought about it in the first place.
I just finished watching wwe old school and i loved every bit of it from mark henry's sexual chocolate gimmick which btw wasnt forbided because of the pg stuff "sexual"
the mae young and laycool segment she called them bitches and sluts i laughed my fucking arse off sooo badly...
i mean seriously wwe went off pg last monday xD i was surprised such an old lady like her used such words, it shows u dont need to be a badass sob to use them old ladies can too xD and speaking of sob pipper used it too and many parents know what that means i just loved it!!!
now what i didnt liked was cole constantly insulting and interrupting jr when he was calling the best match of the night swagger vs bryan, those two took the cake and with a legendary commentator such as jr to have an annoying fly around his head like cole it was just unbelievably impossible to enjoy the match, glad to see jr then hitting cole with his hat FUCK cole and him saying "u do know im the voice of monday night raw now jr?!" who gives a fucking fuck???? cole has to tie his shoelaces and chin up and work his ass off if he ever wants to reach jr's status so shut the fuck up....omg..
i didnt liked to finally see the end of the hart dinasty with tyson kidd betraying dh smith
the segment of aksana and goldust backstage with dusty rhodes ted dibiase jr and sr i think it was poorly played by aksana she sucks then all of them randomly danced backstage and she was dancing too? i didnt get that but ok, i enjoyed seeing oukland doing the interviews and what else...the dolph ziggler vs mark henry match was...ok the alberto del rio vs sgt slaughter was nothing special..and i wasnt surprised in not seeing hbk stone cold or the rock talking on the big screen either i kinda predicted just seeing the 80's legends that wwe always uses
oh i forgot the santino and vladimir kozlov match with the usos was kinda boring but im glad they won and btw i dont get this why are u all discussing what the iron sheik said? i didnt understood a word he said like most of what tony atlas said too

SaberToothTigerz
11-16-2010, 08:21 AM
i loved the crowd reaction when she said that even the king laughed it was rly the best moment of the night in my opinnion.

the wrestling shade
11-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Hello SHOWERHEADS AND SPRINKLERS. Tonight's Raw was epic, just plain EPIC. From the WWF logo to the ring ropes even Lord Alfred Hayes doing the promotions. I got to see the doctor of style SLICK (looks the same as 20 years ago btw), May Young calling LayCool sluts and bitches. When Dusty Roads said damn I got some weird kids I laughed my my ass off. Giving the Iron Sheik the mic was pretty ballsy of Vince to do. I thought the mic was going to be cut off sooner than it was. And of course the return of good ole JR. Tonight I renounce my membership of being a Cole miner. JR and the King are classic and I think Cole showed his ass tonight and disrespected JR on his triumphant return. This Raw was AWESOME.

What was your favorite part of OLD SCHOOL RAW???i think overall this raw episode was the best i ever seen in years because of all the old school theme and bringing back the legends was a good move by the wwe my favorite match was daniel bryan vs jack swagger these two can bring it so hard and so cool and they can preform an awesome wrestlemania match because these guys are not superstars as far as i concern they are wrestlers both of them and i think they have proof it on raw / they did a great build up for sundays servivor series when it comes to the wwe title and adding rawdy piper to it was an awesome move ow and one more thing i wish they didnt cut off the iron shiek so fast so we can hear some FUUKIIIING BUULLLSHHIIIIT but i guess they knew what he was going to say so they shut him off hhhhhh now one last thing may young calling laycool sluts and bitches PURE FUCKING GOLD HELL YEA OLD SCHOOL IS COOL

TimWeld18
11-16-2010, 11:15 AM
ive gotta say, i was impressed. they went all out for this episode, down to the ring area set up. definitely an A+. they should do this once a year.

TimWeld18
11-16-2010, 11:16 AM
i lost it when she said that. i was like, "umm.......can she say that? cuz that doesnt sound PG." XD

FaceOfSpades
11-16-2010, 11:48 AM
i missed most of the show but what i saw was good. I was kind of sad to see piper i hadnt seen him in a while he was fat when i saw him (eating good, not an insult). He looked pretty sick last night i remember seeing him as a youngin i never though he would get old (hogan always looked old). Why do the "superstars" always have to call legends old and shit? To me thats not even getting over its just disrespectful no one likes to address mortality. Plus it's fuckin predicable and boring. My favorite 3 moments were (in order) mae youngs rant, j.r.'s brief return and seeing the hot rod.

jethro
11-16-2010, 11:55 AM
It was amazing. I just wish the crowd was into it alot. The crowd was dead for most of the show.

I notice this too,not much reaction from the crowd.

Favorite part of old school Raw
-The logo(i really didnt expect this),ring ropes,steps,name appear on screen...Howard finkel is the best,his voice is very announcer like,I will never get into Justin roberts.
-Brooklyn brawler and Sgt slaughter still can take bump.
-JR indeed is a surprise return,how i miss JR commentating.
-I knew Mae young will say something unappropriate once Laycool come out heh
-American dream/Goldust/Cody segment is good.
-Intense promo from Piper.

xAzureSkye
11-16-2010, 12:18 PM
GOOOO Mae Young! Big pop for Mae calling LayCool sluts!! was so happy to hear that word come out of her mouth.

marc
11-16-2010, 01:25 PM
In all fairness he deserves every last bit of shit.

So...why do you guys read his website if ya hate his guts so much. I have an idea, why don't you wrestling/news geniuses all get together and start your own wrestling promotions/news sites.

Bodom
11-16-2010, 01:28 PM
So...why do you guys read his website if ya hate his guts so much. I have an idea, why don't you wrestling/news geniuses all get together and start your own wrestling promotions/news sites.

How about you f*** off? :)

Iron Ape
11-16-2010, 01:46 PM

This is as logical as someone having to become a chef just because they didn't enjoy a particular meal at a restaurant.

Way to break new ground in being stupid, kiddo.

Rassling_Fan
11-16-2010, 01:59 PM
hahaha. i mentioned some of the same things what wwe raw should do to improve it, and I mentioned a lot of things like changing the stage and many other old school stuff, everyone was totally against it... and now that wwe does something similar, everyone suddenly loves. Gotta love the IWC hypocrites
You said to change it back to 2001. This took it back all the way from 1993. More nostalgic. And most of your suggestions were about bringing back the Attitude Era while this was going for the pre-Monday Night Raw feel. Not so hypocritical in my book.

I'm glad some people enjoyed tonight but I expected a hell of alot more. It was just a mediocre event in my eyes.
Like you I thought they meant early Raw programming. What I got was a ton more better because I grew up with everything like how they were displaying. The Ring Apron, the Ropes, how the wrestler's names appeared on TV, even the old school logo and security rails, brought so many fond memories about my childhood growing up with wrestling.

Also guys like Bret Hart, HBK, Nash & so forth were around way before the Attitude Era. I'm sorry but WWE didn't put much effort into tonight's show.
Bret Hart is busy, HBK is enjoying his retirement and Nash has a no-compete clause. And of those who they did bring back (Slick Rick and Harvey Wimpleman) were a great surprise.

It wasn't the best skit but seeing the entire dysfunctional Rhodes family together got a smile on my face, especially when Dusty said 'Man I raised some weird kids'
Totally agree.

Always a pleasure to see Mae Young, I was a little disappointed that they didn't have henry come out with her since he brought back his Sexual Chocolate gimmick -Hope fully a one night thing
So I take it I was the only one horrified when Sexual Chocolate and Mae Young returned. All they did was bring back nightmares of stuff they did during the attitude era.

My favorite moment has to be Swagger/Danielson with JR commentating! Two of my favorite wrestlers in the WWE being commentated by the (second) original voice of Raw. Also loved the interview boxes that they showed during the wrestler's entrances. We kill two birds with one stone back then like that.

SilverGhost
11-16-2010, 02:10 PM
The Dusty, Goldust, Cody bit was pretty cool.

JR commentating an instant classic match between Swagger and Bryan was epic. I wanna see them more in matches.
They both looked good.

el gabo
11-16-2010, 04:21 PM
The Dusty, Goldust, Cody bit was pretty cool.

JR commentating an instant classic match between Swagger and Bryan was epic. I wanna see them more in matches.
They both looked good.

I find that they were a bit sloppy in the beginning but, that would be a good fued. At least Ted DiBiase gets to build his skills with Bryan now that appearantly they have a program.

el gabo
11-16-2010, 04:25 PM

Really glad that someone called out his bullshit. Really pisses me off specially when he says: "For the record, I did not report this."
I am officially a Bodom fan.

xAzureSkye
11-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Loved the Mae Young/LayCool segment "I want you to give me a match with these sluts"

Bodom
11-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Loved the Mae Young/LayCool segment "I want you to give me a match with these sluts"

Partially saddened I missed that. Force of habit for me to instantly press *mute* everytime I see Laycool on my TV

AGEOFFALL
11-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Really liked the old school feel the show had. Most fun episode of Raw in quite sometime.

Lance Storm
11-16-2010, 08:50 PM
The WWE finally did something that was worth a damn. They killed the whole Nexus angle and this John Cena thing needs to change. I wish they would turn him heel, but they are so focused on demographics and merch that they would never do it.

Robstar
11-17-2010, 06:09 PM

What was your favorite part of OLD SCHOOL RAW???

I'm not going to bother reading any other posts. Just watched it and here's my impressions.
I loved it. Marked out big time.
I knew you would love seeing Slick, IPITS. Does anyone else get the feeling that some of these 'Legends' may soon be Hall Of Famers? Just saying.
I am impressed with the build up of Sheamus-Morrison - it's been done old school!
Anyone see Cena actually wrestle there for a sec? Think I saw a full nelson/go-around/snapmare combo!
Loved seeing JR and also loved how he helped sell Cole as a heel - I'm a ColeMiner too!
Tony Atlas was actually pretty good.
Piper was understandable, actually made sense and was noticeably thinner - rehab anyone?
I am now convinced that a limitation clause has expired in the agreement between WWE and the World Wildlife Fund, so that now they can freely show the old WWF logo.

eyehatecena
11-19-2010, 12:05 AM
I finally got around to watching it. It was ok....nothing real special. For once the women had one of the best segments- Mae Young was f'n funny. JR coming back was a nice touch too- especially him calling Danielsons match. Cole came off sounding more and more like a dick though- if JR would have not been calling the match along with Lawler and Cole I would have just turned off the sound. Nexus/Cena storyline moved along a lil more and was sad to see the Hart Dynasty come apart...other than that I can remeber much else of the show....except maybe Atlas and Slick

eyehatecena
11-19-2010, 12:08 AM
And idk, the whole show pretty much came off as an excuse to show their old school WWF clothing line off.