PDA

View Full Version : Will the WWE deactivate the Divas Championship?

Dashing Rachel
07-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Well with several WWE Divas such as Maxine, the Bella Twins, Maryse, and Melina have all left the company (as well as Kelly Kelly who's taking some time off and several more Divas reportedly to follow suit) not to mention Triple H reportedly not a fan of women's wrestling; could the WWE possibly deactivate the Divas Championship in the very near future?

HeelTurn
07-05-2012, 01:53 PM
I don't see it happening, they got rid of the women's title (the prestigious one) but left the crappy butterfly belt. You could argue they need a women's division and I would agree, removing the belt would be a slap in the face to every women wrestler in the company, showing them they have nothing to work towards.

jelle1809
07-05-2012, 02:18 PM
I don't see it happening, they got rid of the women's title (the prestigious one) but left the crappy butterfly belt. You could argue they need a women's division and I would agree, removing the belt would be a slap in the face to every women wrestler in the company, showing them they have nothing to work towards.
If they get air-time, they are already rewarded, because the divas stink.

HeelTurn
07-05-2012, 02:19 PM

Not all just the majority, the one in your sig included ;)

Wade Barrett 1979
07-05-2012, 02:21 PM

I disagree, only the booking stinks!

vinnienfg
07-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Personally I think with Raw going to 3 hours they need to bring in some new titles and really strengthen all divisions. They need to focus more on the "Divas" and bring back the Divas Tag Team titles. If they were to drop the Divas title and live them with nothing to obtain then that would be so stupid.

Tommy Thunder
07-05-2012, 02:36 PM
No chance of them getting rid of the title or the division.
In a day and age where it's all about equal opportunities and equal rights and all that to men and women alike. The chances of them taking away the Divas title are slim to none.

bartish2
07-05-2012, 02:54 PM
No they will not because they cannot fire the divas due to being ``job creators`` in the eyes of politicians
Also, the division COULD be good but it is all down to the terrible booking at the end of the day. They should take advantage of the 3 hours by booking the tag team, divas & minor titles well into those 3 hours.
If anything, creative should get fired

LostOmega
07-05-2012, 02:57 PM
I think WWE is trying to do exactly the opposite. They've Buggy Nova and have an alleged interest in Angelina Love. They also have Kharma waiting in the wings along with Beth Pheonix, Natalya, Tamina, and AJ all being active. It looks like they're trying to strengthen the talent in the division before giving them proper matches. If they give the divas the quality matches that they give them on NXT then I think the division is on the up.

Cabers
07-05-2012, 04:00 PM

I disagree entirely with you ever hear of Paige? Yup.

Lowki
07-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Well with several WWE Divas such as Maxine, the Bella Twins, Maryse, and Melina have all left the company (as well as Kelly Kelly who's taking some time off and several more Divas reportedly to follow suit) not to mention Triple H reportedly not a fan of women's wrestling; could the WWE possibly deactivate the Divas Championship in the very near future?
They still have like 12 divas on the roster. If they can keep tag titles for 2 tag teams, im sure they can keep the divas title for those divas. Hell, they could fire every diva except vickie and they'd put it on her before they go the route of no title for women.

Robstar
07-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Here's my controversial opinion of the divas. Don't let them wrestle. Don't give them the mic. DO NOT - give them storylines. Just let them stand there and do what they do best - stand there.

akbar
07-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Here's my controversial opinion of the divas. Don't let them wrestle. Don't give them the mic. DO NOT - give them storylines. Just let them stand there and do what they do best - stand there.
To look pretty for men to perv on and adolescene kids to have their first 'experience'

Pumpkinhead
07-05-2012, 05:52 PM
In a society that panders genre equality it would be really STUPID (insert Ryback GIF) to eliminate the women's division, people look at those little details

Amerinaine
07-05-2012, 06:26 PM

Bazinga, right?

Amerinaine
07-05-2012, 06:28 PM
The division can actually only get better. Layla herself can wrestle, and that fact has been ignored a lot. If you payed attention to AJ v Layla and AJ v Vickie you can tell AJ can work well in the ring too. It isn't so much dead, as there are not any proper bookings and the storylines just aren't there. If you want to watch how a women's division is supposed to go, I'd watch the TNA Knockouts. I've ROH isn't that bad as far as their women's division.

If you want to really see women's wrestling watch some women only independent promotions and nXt (FCW).

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-05-2012, 07:02 PM
I honestly can not see this happen. The women's division does have a great legacy and it would be a real shame. Someone would probably sue.

Robstar
07-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Bazinga, right?

Maybe. Maybe not. I seem to recall enjoying the product more when Miss Elizabeth was the only woman you'd see on WWE broadcasting - aside from maybe one womens match thrown in here or there once or twice a year.

Aaaaah, memories.

And Elizabeth was at her best before they gave her a chance to talk. She looked so good just clapping for Randy.

LostOmega
07-05-2012, 07:37 PM
They should hire a separate creative team for the divas... Headed by Stratus and/or Lita maybe.

punk
07-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Get rid of the Divas title and bring back the Womens title. Convince Lita to come back to wrestle and centre the division on Lita, Beth Phoenix, Natalya and Kharma.

The Brown One
07-06-2012, 06:08 AM
No chance of them getting rid of the title or the division.
In a day and age where it's all about equal opportunities and equal rights and all that to men and women alike. The chances of them taking away the Divas title are slim to none.

You know that's bullshit. Not being sexist, but it's simply untrue in the WWE. It's a political game. But you're right in saying that they wouldn't ever take away the Divas title.

I think WWE is trying to do exactly the opposite. They've Buggy Nova and have an alleged interest in Angelina Love. They also have Kharma waiting in the wings along with Beth Pheonix, Natalya, Tamina, and AJ all being active. It looks like they're trying to strengthen the talent in the division before giving them proper matches. If they give the divas the quality matches that they give them on NXT then I think the division is on the up.

Get rid of the Divas title and bring back the Womens title. Convince Lita to come back to wrestle and centre the division on Lita, Beth Phoenix, Natalya and Kharma.

If they're trying to strengthen the Divas division, where are those longer matches with the above mentioned Divas? Layla is the Divas champion, and last month I saw her compete in 3 matches. They must be focusing everything they have on AJ, who is doing well right now, but the division is almost non - existent. Thank God we don't have to watch any more Bella Twins/Kelly Kelly matches though. They have the talent, they're just not using them.

dub
07-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Women like Beth Phoenix, Layla, AJ, and Nattie still need to have something to wrestle for I guess. So I don't see them ever getting rid of it. However I am looking forward to seeing them strengthening that division. Kharma should be coming back and there is some great talent in NXT right now (better than most of the divas right now) so even though it sucks now it should be ok in the future.

El T Draino 316
07-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Women like Beth Phoenix, Layla, AJ, and Nattie still need to have something to wrestle for I guess. So I don't see them ever getting rid of it. However I am looking forward to seeing them strengthening that division. Kharma should be coming back and there is some great talent in NXT right now (better than most of the divas right now) so even though it sucks now it should be ok in the future.

It's for reasons like this and a handful of others I think the Diva's title/division is not going anywhere.

1. There are still a handful of Divas who can put on a great wrestling match. I would legitimately look forward to a Beth Phoenix/Kharma feud.
2. Although this particular fanbase likely has a slim presence on these boards, we can't forget about young female viewers who happen to idolize and love seeing the divas wrestle. Removing the belt is essentially removing the division. I admittedly fast forward through most divas's matches, but I'm sure fans exist (who Vince isn't willing to lose) who tune in for their favorite Divas.
3. The company is all about its public image. It would just look bad if we gave the Women's division the boot, especially now that we have an extra hour every week to squeeze in some storylines for them.

On a side note, while the title and/or Diva's wrestling itself hasn't been the focus as of late, the use of AJ, Eve, and Vickie over the course of the past few months has to be promising for the ladies lockerroom (a place id like to live). They have all had pretty major roles in big storylines in the last 4-5 months.