PDA

View Full Version : Summerslam vs Royal Rumble which is better?

TheGreatOne
07-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Both ppvs have different concepts and WWE according to reports wants us to believe that Summerslam is the #2 of the Big 4 ppvs. Some people however believe Royal Rumble is the #2 ppv which is why I ask the question: Which ppv is better and the one you look most forward to: Royal Rumble or Summerslam? Explain why one is better than the other.

VanHooliganX
07-05-2012, 01:37 PM
I prefer RR. Summerslam is pretty good but I've always looked more forward to the Royal Rumble.

TheGreatOne
07-05-2012, 01:38 PM
I always look forward to Royal Rumble more so than Summerslam because it is always the beginning of a new year where WWE starts to make new stars hopefully with the Rumble match. Everyone asks who is going to win the Rumble. When Rumble gets closer so does Wrestlemania. Which also helps Rumble's case.

HeelTurn
07-05-2012, 01:39 PM
The Rumble PPV is different to the other PPVs, and the Rumble match itself rarely dissapoints.

Summerslam has pretty much become just another PPV in my opinion.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Always enjoyed the RR over the years, mainly due to the uniqueness of the RR match!

justinjackson1983
07-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Always enjoyed the RR over the years, mainly due to the uniqueness of the RR match!

Many moons ago Summerslam was treated as the number 2 pay per view, and it was just that,
but like I mentioned in another post earlier too much emphasis is put on wrestlemania now days and not enough direction through out the rest of the year, Also In recent years royal rumble winners have not been a foregone conclussion making the event exciting

Wrestlemania is maybe the only event worth buying into these days as everthing else is forgotten quickly

Dr. Death
07-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Neither PPV is worth anything now days. They are a shell of what they used to be and don't draw as much anymore.

CM Rock-Austin
07-05-2012, 02:51 PM
The royal rumble, it is the ppv people look forward to the most behind wrestlemania.

Kenny Kaos
07-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Royal Rumble, purely for the Royal Rumble match

bartish2
07-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Summerslam has grown into just another PPV. the royal rumble on the other hand is full of surprises & is always great. Also it means something, the person who reigns supreme goes on to wrestlemania... what the hell happens at summerslam these days that compares? Nothing special happens at it to actually make it special I look forward to RR while SS is just another PPV in my opinion

Daffy Duck's Finest
07-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Royal Rumble, because: a) It's unique, b) it's entertaining, and c) it commences the Road to Wrestlemania!

ParagonOfVirtue
07-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Royal Rumble, because: a) It's unique, b) it's entertaining, and c) it commences the Road to Wrestlemania!

^this. Whilst the product is stale at this point, things do get more interesting on the Road to Wrestlemania, and it all starts with the Rumble. If they pull another stunt like Punk's last year, the path to SS can be interesting too, but I wouldn't bank on it. It's a damn shame really, that with the roster they have, could have, and should have, they still under utilize the talent. We're going to three-hour RAW's when I watch an hour of shit promos and last week's footage now?

Cabers
07-05-2012, 04:02 PM
I have to vote the RR i love the whole match especially the surprise entrants every year its great!

Lowki
07-05-2012, 04:34 PM
WM > RR > Survivor Series (with multi man elimination tag matches) > Summer slam

bcfccalum
07-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Royal Rumble. The match itself is great and its exciting waiting in anticipation to see who the surprise guests are and more often than not there is someone returning

Pumpkinhead
07-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Royal Rumble of course!!, I love battle royals, SS is just a regular PPV with some good matches

Joonny
07-05-2012, 07:02 PM
The Royal Rumble is much more exciting. Summerslam is just something WWE try to make as a "wannabe" WM.

Machomadness97
07-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Both events had a purpose back in the 80's and 90's. When Summerslam 2008 came around, it was a bad event. The only match that I remembered was Cena Vs. The Animal. The Rumble still has a purpose, but does the winner really have those bragging rights he deserves. The match itself is better and Summerslam can not be recognized as "The Biggest Party In The Summer" because the matches have no value to them. I hope this year, Summerslam will regain it's value with Lenser Vs. Triple H and hopefully Wade Barret comes back and wins the WHC. Sheamus has been holding on to that title for a long time now and should give it up to Barret. Danial Byran should take on Punk in a submission match where Byran wins the title.

ajstyless
07-06-2012, 12:11 AM
For me it will always be Royal Rumble.. The concept itself makes it different from the other PPV (Wrestlemania used to be different coz of MITB but its not so now). However, I think the E pushes SS as their second best maybe coz it falls during a new season?

FXK2I
07-06-2012, 03:23 AM
Summerslam is no longer slammin' because there aren't any divas getting wet in bikinis.

You need an account to view this video because it's age-restricted ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alI6TrS18hI

Lowki
07-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Summerslam usually started/ended the "major" summer feuds. This hasn't been the case in a while though.

XxJPPRxX
07-06-2012, 08:54 AM
The Rumble PPV is different to the other PPVs, and the Rumble match itself rarely dissapoints.

Summerslam has pretty much become just another PPV in my opinion.

i agree, but i would say summerslam if they held it in big stadiums like wrestlemania permanently and made it like a summer wrestlemania again. but it wont happen so Royal Rumble gets my vote.

steveorton
07-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Rr we want miz