PDA

View Full Version : The Rock loves wrestling.

akbar
07-05-2012, 12:12 PM
First of all, big up The rock for being one of the highest paid actors, a lot of people laughed when he transitioned to Hollywood but this guy is up their with the big lots in Hollywood.

So a shout out to all the Rock haters saying all he cares about is money and that's the only reason he returned to WWE. Vince couldn't afford Rock, nothing compared to how much he gets paid for his movies. (36 mil in one year btw)
So when Rock talks about goosebumps and all that spine tingling shit, I believe him. This man truly loves the wrestling business even though he left. Rock wants to be cheered by fans, he wants them to say his catchphrases.
I expect Rock to be back like he promised in the next 12 months and when he does I don't want people saying bullshit reasons.
Which by the way is the polar opposite of Brock Lesner, who only cares about money and doesn't give a fuck about his fan (if he has any).

(I don't know the point of this thread but I just had to let you lots know how it is)

AshleyPunk
07-05-2012, 12:15 PM
You can't fake goosebumps and he will be back one day.. Soonish

Tommy Thunder
07-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Well said akbar.

People who claim that he's only back in WWE for the money are talking out of their ass. He gets paid twice as much as he does in WWE for his movies.
When you've grown up in the business and came up through the ranks and been out there, it's not something that you forsake. I do believe that he genuinely comes back because he loves the business, and loves the fans, and loves the reaction he gets. Having grown up in it, how could he not? Wrestling made him the man he is. And I think it's great of him to actually take time out of his movie career to come back and give something to the business that made him.

SilverGhost
07-05-2012, 12:29 PM
These on and off appearances is rather annoying though, even if Rock is busy.

King Scrapper
07-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Damn good post Akbar. I agree completely. Only ignorant fans give the "oh he only wants money" excuse. Rock is a true fan of wrestling not only for the entertainment aspect (fans, cheering, etc.) he is a true fan of the actual art of wrestling. Like Tommy said, it's what made him who he is today.

SESAfro
07-05-2012, 12:41 PM
And SG speaks the truth again.

Jerichoholic_92
07-05-2012, 01:00 PM
I dont think it's that he loves wrestling per se, but more the limelight and being the star. I reckon he cares a lot about wrestling (with his family heritage and all.)

He is highly entertaining though, and as a fan that's all i really care about.

akbar
07-05-2012, 01:09 PM
I dont think it's that he loves wrestling per se, but more the limelight and being the star. I reckon he cares a lot about wrestling (with his family heritage and all.)

He is highly entertaining though, and as a fan that's all i really care about.
Yeah I agree, he is a big attention seeker and loves been the star which really ain't a thing that bothers me but it is another factor.

And yh his entertaining, so even though he'll make occasional appearances... Those rare appearances are better than what most WWE has to offer.

Cabers
07-05-2012, 03:57 PM

Indeed the truth has been delivered.

As for The Rock next appearance Raw 1000th episode anyone?

akbar
07-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Indeed the truth has been delivered.

As for The Rock next appearance Raw 1000th episode anyone?
Hell to the Fuck Yeah.

Lowki
07-05-2012, 04:37 PM
First of all, big up The rock for being one of the highest paid actors, a lot of people laughed when he transitioned to Hollywood but this guy is up their with the big lots in Hollywood.

So a shout out to all the Rock haters saying all he cares about is money and that's the only reason he returned to WWE. Vince couldn't afford Rock, nothing compared to how much he gets paid for his movies. (36 mil in one year btw)
So when Rock talks about goosebumps and all that spine tingling shit, I believe him. This man truly loves the wrestling business even though he left. Rock wants to be cheered by fans, he wants them to say his catchphrases.
I expect Rock to be back like he promised in the next 12 months and when he does I don't want people saying bullshit reasons.
Which by the way is the polar opposite of Brock Lesner, who only cares about money and doesn't give a fuck about his fan (if he has any).

(I don't know the point of this thread but I just had to let you lots know how it is)
I was going to make a thread about this very point. I remember when he first returned and marks kept on saying he only came back for various reasons; "His movies flopped and made no money" and "The Rock needed money so he went back to WWE." This proves otherwise. Whilst you can't blame the guy for wanting to go into hollywood full time, i have more respect for the guy willing to risk picking up "that stigma" by not only returning to WWE, but also incorporating 'The Rock' name again.

bcfccalum
07-05-2012, 05:23 PM
good point made. when his contract initially ran out with wwe in 2006/2007? (correct me if im wrong) didnt he say he wanted to distance himself from wrestling and be known as Dwayne rather than The Rock. So i think he clearly missed his time away to want to come back last year and get involved again

Pumpkinhead
07-05-2012, 05:44 PM
The Rock counter the mountain of wrestling and he felt he needed to acomplish other things and pursuit other dreams, He going to Hollywood doesn't mean he doesn't love wrestling, this company make him what he is and I'm sure Wrestling will always be in his
heart, great post

Snair
07-05-2012, 11:59 PM
The Rock counter the mountain of wrestling and he felt he needed to acomplish other things and pursuit other dreams, He going to Hollywood doesn't mean he doesn't love wrestling, this company make him what he is and I'm sure Wrestling will always be in his
heart, great post

I second this :cool:

ajstyless
07-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Agree.. But what if the E uses this on -off appearances in a storyline mode something like the way they are doin with Brock atm??

The Brown One
07-06-2012, 06:10 AM
Oh so The Rock loves wrestling because hes a high paid actor who "returned" to the WWE?
I still have my doubts. While wrestling is in his blood, and he was really entertaining back then, I think he might be making part time appearances to get attention i.e. he wants the spotlight on him.

Lowki
07-06-2012, 06:34 AM
The Rock loves one thing, and that's family. I personally think one reason he loves the sport so much is due to his father and grand-fathers history in the sport, so if he turned his back on it completely, he'd feel like he did the same to them.
TBO; Whilst i agree that part of his return was to stroke his ego, i do think it's also genuine. You can't fake goosebumps like that. I don't even think it was to market his movies to a wider audience because I can't really remember any of his films being mentioned much on air.

Kenny Kaos
07-06-2012, 06:43 AM
I have no problem with the Rock coming back...as long as he puts over other talent.

Was a bit shocked to see him go over Cena at Wrestlemania. As long as that was match 1 in a trilogy then fair enough. A victory over The Rock for ANY of the current WWE roster, be it Cena, Punk, Bryan or whoever would be HUGE for them. I hope when he comes back he puts some of the roster over. He has had his time and its now other talents time.

If he wins the title I would be pissed. If he then goes on to face Lesnar I will be super pissed. Don't get me wrong, I like The Rock, but I'm sick of nostalgiamania running wild on here, BROTHER! Dwayne has had his time, I'm all for him showing up at a few PPV matches as long as he loses cleanly and puts over the current generation

Xpacfan
07-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Yup, he loved it so much that he left (smh...WWE fans and their blind loyalty)

ewantu2
07-06-2012, 09:34 AM
I have no problem with the Rock coming back...as long as he puts over other talent.

Was a bit shocked to see him go over Cena at Wrestlemania. As long as that was match 1 in a trilogy then fair enough. A victory over The Rock for ANY of the current WWE roster, be it Cena, Punk, Bryan or whoever would be HUGE for them. I hope when he comes back he puts some of the roster over. He has had his time and its now other talents time.

If he wins the title I would be pissed. If he then goes on to face Lesnar I will be super pissed. Don't get me wrong, I like The Rock, but I'm sick of nostalgiamania running wild on here, BROTHER! Dwayne has had his time, I'm all for him showing up at a few PPV matches as long as he loses cleanly and puts over the current generation

I agree 100% and for the people that never watched back then (me) is like just get the fuck out. The only legend i would like to stay is Undertaker.

johnnydropkicks
07-06-2012, 03:10 PM
The Rock came back to inject some boost into his movie career. It seems like all actors and not just new one will try to take a bunch of new movies in a new decade to try and make a new name for themselves. and with fast five being his biggest movie, he wasn't taking any chances. Rock came back to boost.

and it worked well.

Dr. Death
07-06-2012, 11:03 PM

Seems to me that your just looking for an argument concerning the bolded. Vince is a Billionaire and could afford rocky. For a guy that says he loves the wrestling business, you'd think in all these years and with his heritage, he would have at least learned a couple wrestling moves, but alas that's too difficult for the D list movie straight to dvd maker/star.

PS. In my opinion there isn't one rock movie out there where the rock doesn't make himself look foolish as an actor.

Tommy Thunder
07-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Seems to me that your just looking for an argument concerning the bolded. Vince is a Billionaire and could afford rocky. For a guy that says he loves the wrestling business, you'd think in all these years and with his heritage, he would have at least learned a couple wrestling moves, but alas that's too difficult for the D list movie straight to dvd maker/star.

PS. In my opinion there isn't one rock movie out there where the rock doesn't make himself look foolish as an actor.

Then again, this is coming from a guy who personally hates The Rock :rolleyes:

The Brown One
07-06-2012, 11:13 PM

True, but give the Doc some credit. The majority of The Rock's movies haven't been good (Faster was decent though), and his matches aren't "incredible" as many fanboys have said in the past.

Dr. Death
07-06-2012, 11:14 PM

True, however my youngest brother loves the rock, but also thinks he sucks at making movies. Needless to say, my brother and I hardly ever agree on good wrestlers, but on movies we're of same mind.

BadAndy
07-06-2012, 11:31 PM
The Rock does love wrestling....as a stepping stone into a movie career. Granted he probably saved his body tons of damage it would've taken but if he loved wrestling so much he could've done like Cena and starred in a movie every now and then but stuck with the company. I can't blame poor Stone Cold, the guy was banged up and so he moved on to something he could continue doing but I have no doubt that if Stone Cold was still able to he'd be in the squared circle right now. Rocky loves the fans no doubt, but I guarantee he doesn't love the schedule and the abuse on his body. If he loved wrestling so much he would've done more for it in his year return. He could easily have taken a year off from movie making to contribute more to his build up at WM. Instead he filled the order he was given and then disappeared off into the night.