PDA

View Full Version : Will we ever see faceS of the company?

URATOOL
07-05-2012, 04:14 AM
So many have whined about Mr Cena being the face, but his reign won't last for ever. There will come a time when he will step back and either retire or play more of a background role. So what then? Another guy steps up and is the face of the company.

But how about a change. How about keeping a tag team together for 5 years+ and have them pushed to be the faces of the company? Or a couple (one guy, one diva) as the faces of the company?

Robstar
07-05-2012, 04:16 AM
I'm happy with Vickie being the face of WWE. And the legs. And the arse, chest, shoulders, beck, inner thigh.....excuse me, be right back....

URATOOL
07-05-2012, 04:18 AM
I'm happy with Vickie being the face of WWE. And the legs. And the arse, chest, shoulders, beck, inner thigh.....excuse me, be right back....

Just please not the voice.....

Wade Barrett 1979
07-05-2012, 04:39 AM

Do you mind, I've not long had breakfast!

The Brown One
07-05-2012, 04:41 AM
Eh I just can't see a tagteam as the faces of the WWE. Do you have anyone in mind?

XxJPPRxX
07-05-2012, 05:16 AM
i honestly cant see it happening the last big enough tag team to be the faces was Dx IMO any ways ,, unless you have anyone else in mind?

MachoManFan
07-05-2012, 05:43 AM
With #JohnCenaIsOurChampionForever (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23JohnCenaIsOurChampionForever) spotaniously trending on Twitter at the moment I'm pretty sure there's life in Cena's reign yet. Personally I think WWE will need to 1) develop a new kid friendly face from someone we don't know yet (or turn someone like Ziggler Superface) or 2) change their creative direction so that guys like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and the former ROH guys coming up in development can be held up as "the face" of the company.

I like the idea of a new and lasting Tag team/stable, maybe Prime Time Players after all Darren Young does look like Cena!

justinjackson1983
07-05-2012, 06:31 AM
Ambrose and rollins ....are the next faces of the wwe if you listen to the IWC to much,

Sheamus will take over the Cena Era with the kiddies once cena steps down, look at the facts.. he has the politics backstage down to a T (hhh's bestie) vince's ideal bodyweight -he does look like a monster, he is marketable and hey if the crowd dont accept him straight away they will just put soundbites over the crowd when its not taped, use lawler to claim the crowd are chanting his name when its live
and fall back on him being "the most controversial champion since John cena" when they cant ignore the boo's

bartish2
07-05-2012, 06:45 AM
how about just create a bunch of good guys and not care about a "face" because when you make a good product it sells itself! you dont wouldnt need to brainwash gullible children into liking the face & buying merchandise

URATOOL
07-05-2012, 06:54 AM
how about just create a bunch of good guys and not care about a "face" because when you make a good product it sells itself! you dont wouldnt need to brainwash gullible children into liking the face & buying merchandise

Bollocks. Without the kiddie dollars you have IMPACT. And look how successful they aren't.

justinjackson1983
07-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Bollocks. Without the kiddie dollars you have IMPACT. And look how successful they aren't.

Oh you mean WCW mark 2.0?

Lowki
07-05-2012, 09:53 AM
There's ALWAYS a top face, whether you like it or not. TNA are stupid not pushing Jeff Hardy (who pushes more kiddies stuff than anyone in that company, by far). The "face of a company" method has been used since the 1920s. Every sport has a main attraction that pulls casuals into the sport, something TNA doesn't seem to have.

Don't believe me?
100m sprinters - Usain Bolt. Besides 100m fans, who actually watches for anyone else?
Swimmers - Ian Thorpe, followed by Michael Phelps.
Football (Soccer...) - Cristiano Ronaldo (this is definitely true for the female viewership) & Lionel Messi are usually included on video game covers as they are arguably the best in the world. In the UK, Wayne Rooney is always involved in sky sports adverts and on game covers because he not only appeals to United fan, but also English fans.
Beckham was also an unofficial face of football globally as he brought more attention to MLS - that guy shifts shirts regardless of where he plays.
Boxing - Currently, the only person casual fans are interested in is Floyd Mayweather (in the past Jim Jeffries, Muhammad Ali, Tyson)
UFC - It was Lesnar. Casual fans (ones i know don't even watch UFC at all) were interested because of the Lesnar hype.
There's always ONE person that is hyped huge in every sport and essentially transcends it.

Pumpkinhead
07-05-2012, 10:16 AM
I think Sheamus will be the new super face when Cena step down, with Bryan and Punk taking the role of the complementary face main eventers and Ziggler, Del Rio and Rhodes the villians of the next generation, there still a LONG way to Cena's era to end so let's be patient

SilverGhost
07-05-2012, 12:36 PM

You can't have that if you are a big entertainment company like WWE. Yes wrestling sells but since you are pandering to a select group, you are going to have faces that will be all "I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!" and beat the guys to send people happy.

Cabers
07-05-2012, 01:28 PM

True that the pull off a very good show and barely by the skin of there arse get over a million views.