PDA

View Full Version : Joey Ryan's Take On WWE

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-04-2012, 09:02 PM
[Space so the video is not blocked by the ad]

(About half way in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdkWZntj1ds&feature=channel&list=UL

Interesting...very interesting. I can not believe TNA would let me say that (unless he is not with them).

Figured this could start some discussion on a semi-slow night.
What are your thoughts?

johnnydropkicks
07-04-2012, 09:14 PM
the crickets were funny the whole way

didn't kiss ass, and didn't suck up, two very different things

TNA was misran. #misran

and you know you can say that he was off the mark a lot with the whole aj, daniel brian, punk thing, but when Punk came in to the ring after AJ and Brian were there I was thinking man he should just stunner the two of them right now. hehe

he's either somewhat gay or somewhat metro for sure

johnnydropkicks
07-04-2012, 09:15 PM
but I'm being serious about the punk thing. I was thinking that he should stunner both

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-04-2012, 09:27 PM
but I'm being serious about the punk thing. I was thinking that he should stunner both

I'm not sure domestic violence is PG! :p

FunkyKong
07-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Pssh everybody knows the Punk/Bryan/AJ thing is the best storyline going

benchch
07-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Well he's burnt the WWE bridge with that.

I'm not a fan of him. But I think this is a clever way for TNA to get a guy talking about the competitions problems. No doubt It's a work. I don't know what audience it's trying to attract because anyone that watches this video already knows Joey Ryan and most probably are keeping an eye on him just from this TNA 'controversy'

WWE isn't losing money though, right? Nothing to strike a nerve in that video

sidenote: joey ryan looks like this guy in true lies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csLgaK20SSY

Iron Ape
07-04-2012, 10:54 PM
This guy is the new Ambien. #yousirarenotomselleck

Robstar
07-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Well he's burnt the WWE bridge with that.

I'm not a fan of him. But I think this is a clever way for TNA to get a guy talking about the competitions problems. No doubt It's a work. I don't know what audience it's trying to attract because anyone that watches this video already knows Joey Ryan and most probably are keeping an eye on him just from this TNA 'controversy'

WWE isn't losing money though, right? Nothing to strike a nerve in that video

sidenote: joey ryan looks like this guy in true lies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csLgaK20SSY

I loved that Bill Paxton character! He was so sleazy it was funny.

SESAfro
07-04-2012, 11:11 PM
It's not like he's completely wrong. I'm pretty sure I've heard a good portion of you guys say the exact same thing he did.

BadAndy
07-04-2012, 11:22 PM
johnnydropkicks, this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic but your signature may be one of the coolest I've ever seen. That would be one of the best stories WWE could do!

Robstar
07-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Why does he have a moustache above AND below his lips? lol OVW? Where has he been?

pgarcia79
07-05-2012, 12:08 AM
This guying is trying way too hard to be controversial. And I'm sorry Mr. Ryan, but exactually how is the wwe "flailing" again? By being broadcasted in more countries than any other wrestling company in history? Or is that because they continue to break episodic, attendance, and fan request records (such as make-a-wish foundation)? Or you must mean they are they failing because they are on the cusp of launching the first ever 24 hour wrestling network? So how are they becoming like wcw again Mr. Ryan??....

AlexWorldOrder
07-05-2012, 12:30 AM
This guying is trying way too hard to be controversial. And I'm sorry Mr. Ryan, but exactually how is the wwe "flailing" again? By being broadcasted in more countries than any other wrestling company in history? Or is that because they continue to break episodic, attendance, and fan request records (such as make-a-wish foundation)? Or you must mean they are they failing because they are on the cusp of launching the first ever 24 hour wrestling network? So how are they becoming like wcw again Mr. Ryan??....

Justin Bieber packs lots of venues.. That doesn't make him good artist. I think that's where Ryan was coming from.

VoiceOfTheSilentMajority
07-05-2012, 04:59 AM
I think he is fairly spot on with everything he says. I still find it amazing how hurt some people get whenever anyone says something slightly negative the WWE.

Lowki
07-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Justin Bieber packs lots of venues.. That doesn't make him good artist. I think that's where Ryan was coming from.
Justin Bieber is entertaining for a lot of people and that's why he sells tickets. He's not actually a bad singer either; he was picked up by Usher after watching home made youtube clips of him singing at talent contests.

I don't understand this viral hating of Bieber. It's pretty much a meme to hate on the kid. Fair enough he's one of the most commercially aimed artists out there (aside from Disney owned artists) but just because he's TOLD to sing certain songs, doesn't mean he's untalented. Sin Cara is "crap" in the WWE but many know just how good he was in Mexico.

Btw, Ryan is clearly still with TNA. TNA aren't that stupid to actually show one of their own talents (Tazz) be verbally abused by a "non-talent" like Ryan on their live show, right? Mike Tenay referenced him many times and the cameras actually zoomed in on him, which i found quite disrespectful to that Taeler chick.. it took the emphasis off her, on what was supposed to be her moment. Joey Ryan is trying to be innovative but all he's doing is rehasing Matt Hardy 2004/2005. Bashing WWE was exactly what Matt did online before he "shoot" returned...

pgarcia79
07-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Hurt because others talk bad about wwe? HA! Far from it. What I find amazing is how some people haven't yet realized or accepted the fact that the WWE is an ENTERTAINMENT company, NOT a wrestling company. Yet the true hardcore wrestling fan continues to watch the WWE when they KNOW they're not gonna be delivered a good product. And then they continue to bitch about it. Umm, yeah sorry die-hard wrestling fan, this is not TNA where you probably make up most, if not all of the demography and revenue. In the WWE you probably account for maybe 25% of the target audience. So don't expect to be pandered to. If you don't like it, don't watch it. It's that simple.

Cabers
07-05-2012, 01:45 PM
He just wants to Legalize Sleaze give the guy a break! :P

VoiceOfTheSilentMajority
07-05-2012, 03:03 PM
What I find amazing is how some people haven't yet realized or accepted the fact that the WWE is an ENTERTAINMENT company, NOT a wrestling company.

The lack of ENTERTAINMENT on the show is the problem, which is what Joey Ryan was saying in the video.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. It's that simple.

An option more and more people choose each and every year....

You can hate on what Joey Ryan is saying but his points are valid and it's worth listening to him and thinking about what he says before deciding to hate on it.

samoan619
07-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Joey Ryan needs acting classes or Toastmasters or some kind of coaching for his promos.. I bet if he did that, he probably wouldn't need to make a viral campaign to be on TV.. He's not a horrible wrestler, he's just a horrible talker.. I said it once, and I'll say it again, they should make Joey Ryan and John Morrison as the Hennigan Bros on TNA lolol.. Cue the sunglasses..

Wade Barrett 1979
07-05-2012, 03:32 PM
This place is hilarious! I love it! :D

samoan619
07-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Even though I make jokes here and there, I can really respect his passion for breaking in the business.. If he needed for me to vote for him to get a slot, I would do it (why not).. But in all seriousness, I really think he should get some coaching for his promos.. He gets into his character and he has the voice and the image for the Sleaze gimmick, but I can see the real Joey Ryan second guessing himself in mid sentence, and it shows in the promos.. He just needs that boost of confidence so he doesn't have to second guess himself, you know when you're inches away from achieving your dream, you can second guess yourself all the time.. He should just let loose and if there's a superstar inside of him waiting to get out, let him out the cage.. Let the character take over, be the Sleazeball, once that kicks in, it could be an open path to something bigger.. Cue the sunglasses lol..

Kenny Kaos
07-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Hey, Joey Ryan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbySdh66npI&feature=related