PDA

View Full Version : Ryder/Sandow Feud

jelle1809
07-04-2012, 05:01 PM
The past two weeks on Smackdown we've seen the foundations of a Ryder/Sandow feud. What do you guys think about it? Will it be worthwhile to see these two?

I personally find this a positive direction for Ryder's character, as I am a fan of the Ryder Revolution and therefor am sitting on the Bandwagon. He has been struggling for the entire year this far so why not. And Finally Sandow gets a chance to stick his enlightening beard in our minds. I think we might see some interesting verbal promo's between them with Sandow pulling on the better hand, while Ryder (could) carry the feud in the ring. Losing several matches between them, untill he finally beats him at a PPV.

Now give me your thoughts...

Tommy Thunder
07-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Well I wouldn't say that Ryder would carry the feud as far as in-ring ability goes. Sandow can wrestle as can Ryder, so I great matches between them.

As far as them feuding goes though, I think it makes for an interesting one. Both men are pretty much the polar opposite of the other as far as their characters go. It would make for a decent first feud for Sandow to establish himself in WWE.

I loved Sandow's quote from Smackdown: "Be it symbolic, or genetic, I am by no means your 'brother'."!! Brilliant!

LostOmega
07-04-2012, 05:20 PM
I think the purpose of a feud involving Ryder would serve the same purpose a feud involving Ryder always has... To put over the person Ryder is feuding with! (Kane, Eve technically) If this feud is going to happen, it would probably serve to show off Sandow. Sandow has only been there for a few months and it's obvious at this point that he's better than Ryder, who's been there for years. Honestly, the only reason I have any interest in this feud is because Sandow is involved. You're Welcome.

jelle1809
07-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Well I wouldn't say that Ryder would carry the feud as far as in-ring ability goes. Sandow can wrestle as can Ryder, so I great matches between them.

As far as them feuding goes though, I think it makes for an interesting one. Both men are pretty much the polar opposite of the other as far as their characters go. It would make for a decent first feud for Sandow to establish himself in WWE.

I loved Sandow's quote from Smackdown: "Be it symbolic, or genetic, I am by no means your 'brother'."!! Brilliant!
I found it great too. This is exactly what I meant with: it would get interesting on the mic.

Kenny Kaos
07-04-2012, 05:41 PM
That line was the BOSS! He completely owned that spikey haired simpleton. Cannot wait for Sandow to embarrass and totally crush Ryder on the mic for weeks to come. Its a great stepping stone for Sandow to put him in a feud with Ryder too. (For some reason) Ryder is pretty popular with the fans so he could generate some real heel heat.

I think it could be a good feud, anything to stop Ryder bitching on twitter he wasn't used on Raw/Smackdown again (get over it, "bro!")

Tommy Thunder
07-04-2012, 05:50 PM
That line was the BOSS! He completely owned that spikey haired simpleton. Cannot wait for Sandow to embarrass and totally crush Ryder on the mic for weeks to come. Its a great stepping stone for Sandow to put him in a feud with Ryder too. (For some reason) Ryder is pretty popular with the fans so he could generate some real heel heat.

I think it could be a good feud, anything to stop Ryder bitching on twitter he wasn't used on Raw/Smackdown again (get over it, "bro!")

No love for Ryder?! Are you serious bro?!
Ryder's gonna fist pump Sandow's face!!
It's gonna be SIIIIIIIIICK!!!
WOO WOO WOO!! YOU KNOW IT!! :cool:

Kenny Kaos
07-04-2012, 05:55 PM

If it wasn't for his youtube show the only thing Zack would be pumping is gas at a his local station in the L.I.

He is blabbering ignoramus, a child trapped in a suspiciously over groomed man's body. I cannot wait for the intellectual saviour of the WWE to rid us of this miscreant once and for all...you're welcome ;)

jelle1809
07-04-2012, 05:55 PM
All I need for this is three letters

L.O.L

Kenny Kaos
07-04-2012, 06:01 PM

L.O.L

Ah, another acronym for the dumbed down masses ;)

K2Jelly
07-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Ah, another acronym for the dumbed down masses ;)

Here's another one for you:

STFU!

EDIT: I kid, I kid. Just in case you didn't know, I'm a Ryder mark.

Tommy Thunder
07-04-2012, 06:12 PM

L.O.L

WOO WOO WOO!! You know it BRO!
:cool:

Grind_Bastard
07-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Great for both. Ryder gets a feud after some time doing almost nothing, and Sandow stops facing the low card fellas and a proper feud to deliver his great promos.

You're welcome.

MachoManFan
07-04-2012, 07:20 PM
It could be a great feud for both. I'm a big fan of Ryder's but his ring work hasn't lived up to how over he's gotten. Sandow looks very competant from what I've seen of him in FCW (and his short matches on Smackdown) so they could help each other by raising Ryder's game in ring and helping cement Sandow as a great heel. I only hope WWE give them enough time, both in matches and duration of the feud, to really do something good.

wrestlingfan66513
07-04-2012, 10:32 PM

Sandow is gold on the mic. I can see a lot of his quotes on T-Shirts lol (I still want the "I am the avenging sword of taste and decency" shirt WWE)

BadAndy
07-04-2012, 11:10 PM

Mr. Sandow couldn't have said it any better. Well he could've said it much better, with bigger words and all. And we'd all be thankful for it.

PSOjedi
07-05-2012, 03:20 AM
Unfortunately I have the feeling that this fued will be useless, boring and will go nowhere after a few weeks

Tomsta666
07-05-2012, 03:57 AM
If it wasn't for his youtube show the only thing Zack would be pumping is gas at a his local station in the L.I.

He is blabbering ignoramus, a child trapped in a suspiciously over groomed man's body. I cannot wait for the intellectual saviour of the WWE to rid us of this miscreant once and for all...you're welcome ;)

........Nice!! :p

Cabers
07-05-2012, 12:50 PM

That was made of win! I secretly hope he came up with that there and then and it will have been that more impressive!

El T Draino 316
07-05-2012, 01:15 PM

If it wasn't for his youtube show? Yawnnn, that's a pretty big 'if' bro. Lazy point-making. If it wasn't for CM Punk's shoot last summer, if it wasn't for Austin's 3:16 promo after the King of the Ring? Obviously Austin and Punk are (deservingly) much bigger stars, but you can't downplay what Ryder did. Over the course of a year, he created his moment and he earned his spotlight. He's caused a handful of the biggest pops in the last year in all of pro wrestling. Check out him coming out to confront Dolph post-match at Survivor Series or him winning the US Title as TLC. His personality might not be to your liking, but he worked his ass off. The dude's comfortable in his own skin and put himself out there.

Sandow does his job well. He cuts great promos using the character the WWE creatives handed him. Ryder got himself over and I think its lame that you discredit what he did so casually.

All that said, I'd just like them to give this feud a real shot. Let both guys get a win. Two promising young guys, both good on the mic, and both very capable in the ring. Could definitely be a fun mid-card feud.

Kenny Kaos
07-05-2012, 02:48 PM
If it wasn't for his youtube show? Yawnnn, that's a pretty big 'if' bro...

Be it symbolic, or genetic, I am by no means your 'brother!' ;)

I get where you're coming from though. Ryder just bugs the hell out of me. But credit where credit is due for be proactive enough to do something off his own back to save his job. He deserves praise for that at the very least, and thats coming from someone who can't stand the guy.

I agree with the vast majority on this thread, Ryder v Sandow could be a very fun feud and help both, no matter who eventually comes out on top

El T Draino 316
07-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Be it symbolic, or genetic, I am by no means your 'brother!' ;)

I get where you're coming from though. Ryder just bugs the hell out of me. But credit where credit is due for be proactive enough to do something off his own back to save his job. He deserves praise for that at the very least, and thats coming from someone who can't stand the guy.

I agree with the vast majority on this thread, Ryder v Sandow could be a very fun feud and help both, no matter who eventually comes out on top

Haha, nice usage of the brother line. That really is a great quote. Thanks for taking my comments in stride and acknowledging he's worked hard for his success. That's all I was really hoping to hear. Very pleased to see that. I agree his act is getting a bit stale. Who knows, hopefully this new feud will provoke a bit more serious Ryder to emerge. His gimmick could work if it were tuned down just a bit IMO.

Cheers!

vinnienfg
07-05-2012, 02:58 PM
I think this could be a good feud. Sandow has become one of the main reasons for me watching Smackdown.

Callum
07-06-2012, 11:31 AM

L.O.L

That's only 2 letters :)

Unfortunately, if they end up having a match it'll likely be the Summerslam dark match

johnnydropkicks
07-07-2012, 12:40 PM
pretty sure the only reason it's happening is because they were just so perfect to be opposite themselves. I'm pretty sure HHH and or Vince were trying every idea they could not to put Zach on tv this focused

Kenny Kaos
07-07-2012, 12:52 PM
pretty sure the only reason it's happening is because they were just so perfect to be opposite themselves. I'm pretty sure HHH and or Vince were trying every idea they could not to put Zach on tv this focused

Agreed, they are polar opposites. Should be a good feud, hope it gets plenty of air time on Smackdown

johnnydropkicks
07-07-2012, 12:57 PM
yeah I do like the feud. just wish it would be seen a little more. still haven't watched SD this week though so don't know what hapenns

steveorton
07-07-2012, 02:28 PM
I think it's a good idea to better build Sandow as I see much potential in his character. I just hope the feud isn't one sided let Ryder win some matches as well as Damien. This could help both guys once done right.

johnnydropkicks
07-07-2012, 02:30 PM
it would be nice if they had them trade wins. if their plan is for sandow to win the feud then it would be good to have him tripped up by ryder before eventually winning it. hope that ryder gets to make a good show for himself out of it

Kenny Kaos
07-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Although not a fan of Ryder I think he should ULTIMATELY come out on top after Sandow gets win, over win, over win over him.

Start by him just straight up beating his ass. Then have closer matches but Sandow coming out on top. Then have Sandow have to cheat to win, low blows with the ref not looking, foot on the rope pins, stuff like that. Eventually have some sort of stipulation match at a mid level PPV like Armegeddon or something. Sandow wins Zack Ryder has to be his valet, carry his bags at events, help do his laundry. Ryder wins and Sandow has to shave his beard. Something lame like that

The Hit Man
07-07-2012, 05:36 PM
I think this feud is really just a stepping stone to push Sandow on to bigger things like a mid card title.

Kenny Kaos
07-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Agreed, I think Sandow would make a great Intercontinental Champion somewhere down the line