PDA

View Full Version : One step forward, two steps back

Kenny Kaos
07-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Raw and Smackdown were both really good last week, this week both weren't quite as good for me.

I enjoyed RAW on the whole, but for some reason it just didn't seem to live up to last weeks episode, despite having Paul Heyman cut a pretty good "via satellite" interview.

Sin Cara just doesn't do anything for me so for once was happy to see ADR open up a can of whoop ass on him.
Kidd beating Tensai in 20 seconds? Really??? REALLY?!?! By all means have him come into MITB with bit of momentum but going over Tensai in double time, roll up or not, just seemed a bit dumb to me for some reason.
AJ/Punk/Bryan thing is interesting, but do we really need her putting them through tables to get across shes crazy? We get it already, sometimes less is more!

Apart from them tiny things I pretty much enjoyed Raw. Jericho and Bryan both on form on the mic. Smackdown however plain SUCKED! I don't get it, last weeks Smackdown was AWEOMSE. Good MITB qualifying matches, a great WHC triple threat main event. This was just...horrible! You're 2 weeks away from a PPV, you have Kane who is a MONSTER, casually walking backstage and setting off BBQ's by magic, Teddy Long and his annoying fetish for tag team matches...WITHOUT HAVING ANY ACTUAL RECOGNISED TAG TEAM out there? The Uso's were just hanging out back stage, no Prime to Players. No Epico and Primo. But cos its the 4th of July we'll dig up Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Sgt. Slaughter. Eugh. Sorry, I know that sounds disrespectful, these two are legends of the squared circle, but come on. Give PTP and Epico and Primo a bit more air time to feud.

And then we have Zack Ryder. Winning the battle royal...ARE YOU SERIOUS BRO? The only good things to come out of this car crash of an episode was Ryback actually wrestling somebody employed by WWE and the on going Ryder/Sandow feud. I marked out when he pulled the plug on their little backstage BBQ #heel

Viperfish
07-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Sin Cara is balls. I'm sure he can go, I'm sure he's got a ton of stuff under his belt that we haven't seen yet, I'm sure there's a reason why this guy is huge in Mexico. To me the problem is that there aren't enough people on the roster that can actually work his style. He's the opposite of a guy that can have a good match with anyone. Rey Mysterio has learned to work with others, he can work with guys twice or three times his size. To me part of the problem also lies in his misuse. We don't know what he looks like, he's never used the mic, and there's no aura of mystique to him. For me, Ryback is more mysterious than he is.

Kidd beating Tensai in 20 seconds didn't bother me so much. Tensai's pretty much a glorified jobber now. They tried and nobody bought it. They allowed him to get a win on Cena(with interference mind you but even still that should be a big deal) and nobody cared. When you beat Cena and nobody cares, I consider that the ultimate sign that you're going to be nothing. I don't look at Kidd's win as anything other than blind luck to be honest... Tensai actually has a reason to be mad now. It's possible that that was the start of a feud between the two, and if it's going to put Kidd on the map then I'm all for it. I'm afraid that he's going to 'injure' Kidd and he won't be able to compete in MITB however, which would be a travesty. Enter Wade Barrett in his place?

The table thing for AJ/Bryan/Punk was a highlight for me. If anything I had a problem with AJ showing up in so many segments. Creative's way too eager with her now that they've caught fire with something. They risk completely over-exposing her and having fans get sick of her quickly.

The Kane BBQ thing... I laughed. I miss that kind of humor that WWE used to have after the Attitude era, when Booker T and Goldust were running around. I agree with the tag team matches, I hate them. I don't hate them because they're tag team matches... I hate them because they don't involve actual tag teams. They're completely pointless and don't progress anything. Slaughter and Duggan I don't mind so long as it's once a year or so... there's no time of year more fitting for them to show up.

Cabers
07-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Raw and Smackdown were both really good last week, this week both weren't quite as good for me.

I enjoyed RAW on the whole, but for some reason it just didn't seem to live up to last weeks episode, despite having Paul Heyman cut a pretty good "via satellite" interview.

Sin Cara just doesn't do anything for me so for once was happy to see ADR open up a can of whoop ass on him.
Kidd beating Tensai in 20 seconds? Really??? REALLY?!?! By all means have him come into MITB with bit of momentum but going over Tensai in double time, roll up or not, just seemed a bit dumb to me for some reason.
AJ/Punk/Bryan thing is interesting, but do we really need her putting them through tables to get across shes crazy? We get it already, sometimes less is more!

Apart from them tiny things I pretty much enjoyed Raw. Jericho and Bryan both on form on the mic. Smackdown however plain SUCKED! I don't get it, last weeks Smackdown was AWEOMSE. Good MITB qualifying matches, a great WHC triple threat main event. This was just...horrible! You're 2 weeks away from a PPV, you have Kane who is a MONSTER, casually walking backstage and setting off BBQ's by magic, Teddy Long and his annoying fetish for tag team matches...WITHOUT HAVING ANY ACTUAL RECOGNISED TAG TEAM out there? The Uso's were just hanging out back stage, no Prime to Players. No Epico and Primo. But cos its the 4th of July we'll dig up Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Sgt. Slaughter. Eugh. Sorry, I know that sounds disrespectful, these two are legends of the squared circle, but come on. Give PTP and Epico and Primo a bit more air time to feud.

And then we have Zack Ryder. Winning the battle royal...ARE YOU SERIOUS BRO? The only good things to come out of this car crash of an episode was Ryback actually wrestling somebody employed by WWE and the on going Ryder/Sandow feud. I marked out when he pulled the plug on their little backstage BBQ #heel

Allow me to ruin that for you as well he wrestled Slater and Bateman before on actual TV!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AudUVH-egx0

&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpJ3BiaT3Gs

Kenny Kaos
07-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Yes, I am aware of them matches. They were quite a while ago...and then they went back to local jobbers. Like I said, one step forward, two steps back

Kenny Kaos
07-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Kidd beating Tensai in 20 seconds didn't bother me so much. Tensai's pretty much a glorified jobber now...

The Kane BBQ thing... I laughed. I miss that kind of humor that WWE used to have after the Attitude era, when Booker T and Goldust were running around

Thats another thing. They build people as monsters then a month or so later they're either jobbing, comedy characters or both

BadAndy
07-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Sadly I was busy so I missed Smackdown but I guess it will still be showing on Friday as well. I'll have to make my decisions about it then.

As for RAW, there were some really good and bad bits. I love Kidd getting the push, but I've never liked Albert and don't care to have him back in the WWE now, much less competing in the MITB. I don't want them to do any kind of giant killer thing with Kidd either. If they have plans for him, put him over the right way.

Sin Cara has been a total waste so I agree fully on enjoying watch ADR take it to him. Unfortunately it was ADR that took it to him. I could do without ADR in the WWE as well.

As a watcher of WCW Nitro, I loved getting to see DDP back. I hate that he didn't wrestle. I would've loved to see him kick Slater around the ring. Yet another star I'd like to see gone from WWE.

And then we had Ryback. I think I've said enough times I wouldn't miss him being gone.

This RAW was filled with tons of minute long matches and AJ. For the first time in a long time (I usually am indifferent or actually like the shows when others dislike them) I found myself struggling to get through RAW. I'll see about Smackdown later on. I look forward to getting to see Sandow even if it means having to put up with Ryder.