PDA

View Full Version : Big plans for Tyson Kidd?

Tommy Thunder
07-04-2012, 01:56 PM
MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!
I have just been informed by Ryan Clark of the following news! AND I QUOTE:

-- A WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/7046/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) source indicates that there is something big planned for Tyson Kidd. His qualifying for Money in the Bank and the push on RAW (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/7046/news?Item%5Btags%5D=RAW) last night are apparently the start of something bigger for Kidd.

I hope to God that this is true. Here's a guy who is without doubt one of the best in WWE as far as in-ring ability goes, and he deserves a chance at least to showcase his talents on Raw/Smackdown on a regular basis.

I thought that his qualifying match against Swagger was a huge shock. They could have had him qualify for the match over another no-hoper, since I thought he'd be in the match purely for the high spots, but having him going over Swagger who's a former WHC (Ha, remember that? Neither do I.), and a former US champ was a pretty big shock, especially since it was a 20 second match too.

I really hope that these reports are true and that he gets this push. Firstly though, I'm looking for him to steal the show in the MITB match!

Thoughts?

CM Rock-Austin
07-04-2012, 02:06 PM
I agree, I hope he captures the U.S or Intercontinental title in the future! I see him putting on a great showing in the MITB match.

PSOjedi
07-04-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm so happy for him, he really deserve that. Finally WWE is pushing him. Can't wait to see him in action

Jags
07-04-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm not to sure about that yet.

I feel like these upset victories are looking like WWE is making us believe that they're going to throw a curve ball with Tyson Kidd, but probably just meant to give a match like MITB a bigger element of surprise and giving the thought that everyone in the MITB match can actually win the match.

If it actually shows a push for Tyson Kidd I'm more than okay with that, I like Tyson Kidd.

Pumpkinhead
07-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Interesting... the guy has talent so pushing in a step in the right direction, I doubt he won the MITB but maybe ther's a mid card title reign in his future

scribbler_jones
07-04-2012, 02:57 PM

I hope to God that this is true. Here's a guy who is without doubt one of the best in WWE as far as in-ring ability goes, and he deserves a chance at least to showcase his talents on Raw/Smackdown on a regular basis.

I thought that his qualifying match against Swagger was a huge shock. They could have had him qualify for the match over another no-hoper, since I thought he'd be in the match purely for the high spots, but having him going over Swagger who's a former WHC (Ha, remember that? Neither do I.), and a former US champ was a pretty big shock, especially since it was a 20 second match too.

I really hope that these reports are true and that he gets this push. Firstly though, I'm looking for him to steal the show in the MITB match!

Thoughts?

I would be stoked to see Tyson Kidd get more exposure than he has been getting. Not to sound too pessimistic: I doubt he will actually win MITB, but then again, if he puts on a stellar performance, then that would be better than winning for him. It would (hopefully) open more doors for him to shine on SD an Raw - and maybe even a mid-card reign could be in his future. I see him bringing out one of the highlight spots in the MITB match he will participate in.

blink
07-04-2012, 02:58 PM
I am 100% behind making new stars. Especially if they have the talent and look of Kidd. He could replace mysterio as the cruiserweight winning the big titles. Oh and tommy, I remember swaggers WHC run! Love swagger!

Cabers
07-04-2012, 03:13 PM
The smartest move by WWE in a long time.

Kenny Kaos
07-04-2012, 03:27 PM
But he isn't 6' 2" and 240 pounds ;)

Cabers
07-04-2012, 03:32 PM

He has a point isn't Vince contradicting himself here? I only want 6 footers and north of 200, Tyson Kidd push that man! Oh Vinnie :rolleyes:

justinjackson1983
07-04-2012, 03:33 PM

LMAO

I get the feeling the push is because of the revamped NXT thing, they can say Tyson Kidd is the Breakout star of NXT then actually On NXT they can hype upcoming wrestlers as the next 'Tyson Kidd'

Playboy Stevie V
07-04-2012, 03:46 PM
I for one am happy about Kidds push.

It's so funny that I have this childhood wrestling fan long time friend, who I was talking too last night about WWE and the start of some interesting pushes. I told him that some pushes were coming cause they are on the verge of creating the next faces of the WWE. Because Cena, Jericho, Kane, Show etc are not going to be around forever.

I love when It's this time to test the waters and create. It really only happens big time once every 10 years.

We debated about Kidd, Sandow, Otunga, A Ry etc, who my friend doesn't like. And i think he's an idiot for not seeing the potential future. And if he was on this site I would hold him down while some of you verbally kicked the sh*t out of his stubborn ass.

He thought these guys mentioned above were gimmick rip offs from old wrestlers. Had to remind him that wrestling is copyright infringement and the established wrestlers he likes now have copied others before them.

Anyways I'm babbling again LOL

I'm looking forward to seeing Kidd pushed. He can go with anybody. Take my word for it through. In the next couple of years they're will be more pushes.

Sink or swim time baby!

Kenny Kaos
07-04-2012, 04:01 PM
I for one am happy about Kidds push.

It's so funny that I have this childhood wrestling fan long time friend, who I was talking too last night about WWE and the start of some interesting pushes. I told him that some pushes were coming cause they are on the verge of creating the next faces of the WWE. Because Cena, Jericho, Kane, Show etc are not going to be around forever.

I love when It's this time to test the waters and create. It really only happens big time once every 10 years.

We debated about Kidd, Sandow, Otunga, A Ry etc, who my friend doesn't like. And i think he's an idiot for not seeing the potential future. And if he was on this site I would hold him down while some of you verbally kicked the sh*t out of his stubborn ass.

He thought these guys mentioned above were gimmick rip offs from old wrestlers. Had to remind him that wrestling is copyright infringement and the established wrestlers he likes now have copied others before them.

Anyways I'm babbling again LOL

I'm looking forward to seeing Kidd pushed. He can go with anybody. Take my word for it through. In the next couple of years they're will be more pushes.

Sink or swim time baby!

Everyone thinks of Ric Flair as an original, well, for staters he stole The Nature Boy gimmick off Buddy Rodgers. Wrestlers will always have other traits that remind you of other wrestlers from the past. Same could be said for every day people we all know.

I think Alberto Del Rio, I think cheapo Mexican JBL knock off
I think Damien Sandow, I think debuting HHH meets The Genius
Ziggler, Billy Gunn
Zack Ryder and Robbie E...has anyone ever seen these two douche bags in the same room?

I digress, not too sure about the WWE taking the plunge on a guy like Kidd. They already have guys of similar stature in Bryan and Punk at the very top so maybe they don't see it as much as a gamble as they would a few years back.

The future is very bright for the WWE in my eyes, Bryan, Punk, Kidd, Sandow, Bray Wyatt, Ambrose, Rollins all leading the way

imswm
07-04-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm so happy for him, he really deserve that. Finally WWE is pushing him. Can't wait to see him in action

If you bop around websites long enough, nearly everyone gets the "promoter has big plans for Mister/Miss X, according to an anon source," and it's often guys like Kidd, who have been around long enough to be looked upon as second-tier (by casual fans) regardless of their actual talent or lack thereof. And in just about every case, Joe Anonymous has his head firmly up his colon. (Remind me again, what are the WWE's big plans for Colt Cabana...and when does R-Truth get that lengthy top-level run...as projected by the same sort of know-nothings last summer?)

I, nonetheless, heard Kidd WILL in fact be getting a renewed push, as a guy who can actually pass a piss test without anyone raising an eyebrow, and screams "Eat me" after each victory over a much larger man. They're hoping no one chants "Gillberg" during his matches.

Oh, and if she shaves his head and wears a singlet, half the over-hyper fans 'will refuse to recognize the man's been around for years and never gotten over. LOL

Vinnie P Jr
07-04-2012, 05:21 PM
While I enjoy Tyson Kidd something seems to be missing . Honestly the man reminds one of Lance Storm who had amazing in ring talent but never got far because of his mic skills . Hope Tyson can improve .

DK Wrestling Savior
07-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Since about 98% of what Ryan Clark reports is copied and pasted, I put very little belief into this. I've read this article, word for word, on about 7 different sites, and none of them site a source outside of, "a source within WWE"...which is another way of saying "We'll just throw this out there and see what happens".

And reading all the comments on here, it sorta reminds me of what everyone was saying about Dolph Ziggler since two years ago. And now, following injuries to Alberto Del Rio and Wade Barrett, and the suspension of Randy Orton, he gets his match and he gets a cakewalk of a MITB match. He'll fail to win the title, and be buried back into irrelevancy, yet again, since he can't draw to save his life.

Don't hold your breath for Tyson Kidd just yet kiddies. At best, he'll get the Daniel Bryan treatment. Be a watered-down, non-legit champion who, after his feud for the title, will drop back down to nothing.

TheRockerGother
07-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Hope it isn't the same as the so called "Chris Masters " push.

Tommy Thunder
07-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Since about 98% of what Ryan Clark reports is copied and pasted, I put very little belief into this. I've read this article, word for word, on about 7 different sites, and none of them site a source outside of, "a source within WWE"...which is another way of saying "We'll just throw this out there and see what happens".

And reading all the comments on here, it sorta reminds me of what everyone was saying about Dolph Ziggler since two years ago. And now, following injuries to Alberto Del Rio and Wade Barrett, and the suspension of Randy Orton, he gets his match and he gets a cakewalk of a MITB match. He'll fail to win the title, and be buried back into irrelevancy, yet again, since he can't draw to save his life.

Don't hold your breath for Tyson Kidd just yet kiddies. At best, he'll get the Daniel Bryan treatment. Be a watered-down, non-legit champion who, after his feud for the title, will drop back down to nothing.

Please tell me you didn't just refer to us all here as "kiddies" lol!

Los Conquistador
07-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Hope it isn't the same as the so called "Chris Masters " push.

i've been chomping at the bit waiting for someone to say mention that

The Brown One
07-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Great news for Kidd! He truly deserves a big push, and they look to be pushing him quite hard - beating Tensai in 20 seconds, getting on PPV, being in the MITB match, and being one of the top guys on the new season of NXT. But this blessing might be a curse - they could have Kidd take a huge bump in the MITB match and then forget about him - like they did with Shelton. Or they could have him get "injured" and have Barrett replace him.

Either way, it's nice to see him getting some attention.

jackhalloween
07-04-2012, 09:08 PM
I think they are trying to push Kidd, so we can have somone to cheer for on the new cruiserweight show. When the new show debuts there will be more interest in it. However, if it doesn't debut for some reason they still have somone they can use like Xpac when he was 123 kid.

Machomadness97
07-04-2012, 10:28 PM
I hope Tyson Kidd gets a major push. Let's hope he does not get pushed to the main event quickly, let him progress to it. If he is pushed to the main event or the title scene, he will eventually be like The Miz. Miz was jobbing to every superstar and eventually is making movies currently. I also hope Miz gets a push when he gets pushed. Give Kidd a united states title match and let him slowly progress to the world title scene. I hope Kidd push is long and he rules Smackdown similar to Bret Hart did in the 90's with Stone Cold!

Poot-Hair
07-05-2012, 03:24 AM
Alas I fear that Tyson Kidd is going to get the "Shelton Benjamin" treatment in that he's going to be pushed slightly, used as a spot monkey in the MITB match, used sparingly on t.v., then bumped back to Superstars.

I hope I'm wrong but that's my feeling on it.

Dr. Death
07-05-2012, 10:18 AM

Thoughts?

I don't believe Ryan Clark, that is unless he can name his so called "WWE Source". The whole point of Tyson Kidd being in the MITB match is because there are alot of injuries, wellness policy violations, etc... going on at the current time and the 'E had to fill gaps in order to go on with the show. Nothing against Tyson Kidd as he is very good in the ring, but it is what it is in the WWE, and with Vince calling the shots I don't expect his push to be very long at all.

Great One
07-05-2012, 10:34 AM
All I have to say is it's about damn time!!!

Y2Jryder
07-05-2012, 04:36 PM
WWE needs a spot monkey for the MITB match and they don't trust Sin Cara so they pushing Kidd a bit till MITB