PDA

View Full Version : Trend of returning wrestlers we never thought we'd see in wwe again

JessiDeathBat
07-04-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm obviously not the only one whose noticed this reoccurring event of wrestlers making their return to a wwe ring when we were sure we'd never see them in in one ever again. Nash, Rock, Bret hart, Lesnar and Sid vicious. I made a joke to some fellow wrestling fanatics that these returning superstars are all trying to make their comebacks before the world ends on the date set on the Mayan calendar (lol). And while I don't truly believe that is the reason for this sudden burst of these returning stars, I can't help but wonder why this is happening (not that I'm complaining or anything!) With all of this happening so surprisingly and abruptly, I can't help but ask...who's next?

RedDevilSativa
07-04-2012, 12:35 AM
I'm obviously not the only one whose noticed this reoccurring event of wrestlers making their return to a wwe ring when we were sure we'd never see them in in one ever again. Nash, Rock, Bret hart, Lesnar and Sid vicious. I made a joke to some fellow wrestling fanatics that these returning superstars are all trying to make their comebacks before the world ends on the date set on the Mayan calendar (lol). And while I don't truly believe that is the reason for this sudden burst of these returning stars, I can't help but wonder why this is happening (not that I'm complaining or anything!) With all of this happening so surprisingly and abruptly, I can't help but ask...who's next? really would like to see big poppa pump back and kurt angle

Dameduse823
07-04-2012, 12:37 AM
I wouldn't worry. The world wont end until the sun and moon set on the dragons tail as they have of the dragons head so we have a few more years.

As far as the wrestlers go, I read their trying to get Bruno Sanmartino but I don't see that happening as he still hates Vince McMahon. Personally I'd like to see Raven come back, maybe not as a wrestler but maybe a manager or gm. He's always been amazing on the mic and has a huge fan following.

CreatureOfTheNight
07-04-2012, 12:37 AM
I'd say Batista could come back at some point. I could see Ultimate Warrior come back or something but still doubt it even though it seems that his relationship with WWE is better than it has been. I would really love to say Scott Hall but I don't see it unless he cleans up which he hasn't done yet and no signs of him doing. I could see Angle and Hogan coming back if/when their TNA contracts are done. Flair will should be back soon enough. Last, I think the Hardys coming back isn't as unlikely as it sounds.
That's about it for major names who could still come back to WWE.

SLEEPY LOCO1
07-04-2012, 12:45 AM
New Age Outlaws is likely going to be coming back.

daverende5
07-04-2012, 02:04 AM
Or they could do a ''we hate Vince'' alliance. With all the superstars returning who hate him. With the likes of Sammartino, Warrior, etc.

Robstar
07-04-2012, 02:37 AM
I'm obviously not the only one whose noticed this reoccurring event of wrestlers making their return to a wwe ring when we were sure we'd never see them in in one ever again. Nash, Rock, Bret hart, Lesnar and Sid vicious. I made a joke to some fellow wrestling fanatics that these returning superstars are all trying to make their comebacks before the world ends on the date set on the Mayan calendar (lol). And while I don't truly believe that is the reason for this sudden burst of these returning stars, I can't help but wonder why this is happening (not that I'm complaining or anything!) With all of this happening so surprisingly and abruptly, I can't help but ask...who's next?

Haha, I see what you did there.

punk
07-04-2012, 02:53 AM
Trish Stratus or Lita or maybe both teaming up.

PSOjedi
07-04-2012, 04:56 AM
1000th RAW, with HBK and perhaps also Sean Waltman

Brock Lesnar will take out DX at 1000th RAW

bartish2
07-04-2012, 08:05 AM
they come back because vince is desperate for ratings & wwe needs ratings because it constantly loses buys & views every year.

bcfccalum
07-04-2012, 08:05 AM
im hoping for a d-lo brown return :P

bkdlots
07-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Why not have Heath Slater stand in the ring and complain about how he is next? He could be yelling "I'm next I'm next" and on cue you hear "Who's Next" and have Goldberg come out and finish this off? Just my mark out moment and the crowd would explode if that happened I believe.

miz AWESOME
07-04-2012, 10:02 AM
im hoping for a d-lo brown return :P

Dude, that's not funny at all.

Lowki
07-04-2012, 01:06 PM
There's no trend really when it comes to the Rock, Nash and Bret Hart. They came back for lengthy spells over two years ago with The Rock still being an active part of the Raw Roster currently, as is Lesnar.
Sid was a one time only deal to promote the 1000th Raw. Expect the one night returns to end after the 23rd of July.

Lowki
07-04-2012, 01:10 PM
they come back because vince is desperate for ratings & wwe needs ratings because it constantly loses buys & views every year.
*1000th Raw. There i corrected you bro <3

Rock and Lesnar are WM buys. It;s nothing about being desperate, if you can attract attention from mainstream (wm 28 was HUGE because of The Rock) and also from your competition (Lesnar drew ratings for his PPV appearance) then why wouldn't you use it? WWE doesn't need ratings when at the drop of a hat they could easily demolish competition. They are content at being one of the highest rated shows on their network.

Cabers
07-04-2012, 03:07 PM

Oh i hope sooooooooo!!

Robstar
07-04-2012, 03:32 PM

Why not? Because he works for TNA?

justinjackson1983
07-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Why not? Because he works for TNA?
Yeah I agree, whats wrong with D'lo?

I quite liked D'lo Brown

Rick BoA
07-05-2012, 03:22 AM
I like the returns. I see it as WWE paying homage to the men and women who helped them get where they are today. The 1000th raw is a pretty big deal, how many other shows can say they've had 1000 episodes.

Poot-Hair
07-05-2012, 03:29 AM
I'll say; Batista, Big Poppa Pump, Ric Flair, and Goldberg all will return pretty soon.

Rick BoA
07-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Ive always been a Goldberg mark. Sure he isnt the best but something about him gets me pumped up.

CricketTragic
07-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Why not have Heath Slater stand in the ring and complain about how he is next? He could be yelling "I'm next I'm next" and on cue you hear "Who's Next" and have Goldberg come out and finish this off? Just my mark out moment and the crowd would explode if that happened I believe.

Slightly better then that, Heath Slater could run down the list of champions example, John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk and go on about how he should be next for a title shot eg

So whos next in line for a WWE title shot? Im next, Im Next thats whos Next..... Let the mark out moment begin

Kenny Kaos
07-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Would love to see the Dudley Boyz, RVD and Shane O Mac to come back. Probably never happen though

steveorton
07-07-2012, 02:22 PM

Goldberg Goldberg Goldberg :D

You can also add Paul Heyman to that list. Whatever the reason (money and to reconnect with the fans) I don't mind.

bcfccalum
07-07-2012, 04:36 PM

wasnt trying to be funny, i genuinely want to see D-Lo Brown back wrestling for WWE...

HeelTurn
07-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Would love to see the Dudley Boyz, RVD and Shane O Mac to come back. Probably never happen though

Haha yes, Slater comes out claiming he is money then "Here comes the money".

The Hit Man
07-07-2012, 05:11 PM
I'd like to see Lita make an appearance at the 1000th episode of Raw in a segment involving Punk and AJ. I think that could be gold.

JessiDeathBat
07-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Would love to see the Dudley Boyz, RVD and Shane O Mac to come back. Probably never happen thoughIt's always an entertaining time when members of the McMahon clan appears back on the circuit. I'd like to see them all again especially Stephanie.

Viperfish
07-07-2012, 09:23 PM

Knowing WWE, and I would actually prefer this myself, they'd do exactly the above... only replace Goldberg with Gillberg. That would be the most epic trolling of all time if they could get a crowd pumped enough to believe that it's Goldberg coming out there. They could make it even more of a spectacular troll if they did the sideways sparks thing to hide Gillberg even further... have the sparks go off, have him come out and stand in it, and when the sparks clear you'd see Gillberg coming down. Of course they could do one better and have Gillberg lose to Slater, only to have the real Goldberg come down and deliver his usual spear and jackhammer.