PDA

View Full Version : Sin Cara in the Doghouse...

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm sure most of you have read the article for this, but just for the sake of recap... or those who haven't read it...

" People are wondering about Sin Cara's future in WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) after he was flattened by Alberto Del Rio (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=Alberto%20Del%20Rio) on RAW (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=RAW). Del Rio destroyed Sin Cara, who was given a new look upon his return and picked up a series of TV wins. People have noted that it's not a good sign of his position on the roster."

I didn't see the match myself, but to hear this bit of news perked my interest a bit. Why would this happen, especially after being repackaged in oh-so-flashy colors and all? Thoughts? Speculations? Dirt? Rants? Related to this topic, of course...

wrestlingfan66513
07-03-2012, 01:29 PM
It wasn't a match, Del Rio destroyed him before it began.

World B. Free
07-03-2012, 01:30 PM
It would of been cool to see Rey Mysterio come in and rescue Sin Cara for that beat down Alberto gave him but it seems like the WWE doesn't know what they want to do with the whole Sin Cara character?

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 01:30 PM
It wasn't a match, Del Rio destroyed him before it began.

Right. My bad, I didn't watch RAW and only read the article - I assumed it was a match. Still...

The Hit Man
07-03-2012, 01:36 PM
After watching what happened to Sin Cara I had my suspicions that there may be something wrong backstage. I don't think he had appeared on TV since No Way Out and it did seem as if they were trying to run an injury angle with Sin Cara to take him off TV but why?

bartish2
07-03-2012, 01:41 PM
It is just to build del rio up as a serious #1 contender for sheamus, he already beat the US & IC champions last week. The match technically never happened so i guess its just terrible booking for sin cara... guess they want to make del rio look tough by beating up someone on a roll. I like sin cara

Playboy Stevie V
07-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm sorry I never been a fan of Sin Cara and I don't think he relates to the american audience. I'm not trying to troll, but if he were to leave today, I wouldn't miss him tomorrow. He's like this generations Max Moon.

I got all the respect for him in the world, for what he has done in Mexico, but I'm just not feeling him in the WWE.

I can see that the WWE was trying to find a future Rey, but lets face it Rey is on a whole other level and has personality.

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm sorry I never been a fan of Sin Cara and I don't think he relates to the american audience. I'm not trying to troll, but if he were to leave today, I wouldn't miss him tomorrow. He's like this generations Max Moon.

I got all the respect for him in the world, for what he has done in Mexico, but I'm just not feeling him in the WWE.

I can see that the WWE was trying to find a future Rey, but lets face it Rey is on a whole other level and has personality.

I'm sorry, who?

SLEEPY LOCO1
07-03-2012, 02:04 PM

I don't think he is supposed to. The WWE has enough talent on the roster to appeal to the American fans. I think stars like Sin Cara, ADR, Hunico and Camacho are there just to bring in more Mexican fans.

Fun Fact: Camacho is Tongan not Mexican.

Iron Ape
07-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Hopefully someone finally came to the realization that dude is just never going to be able to adapt to the WWE style. It's time to find another person to slap a mask on.

Tommy Thunder
07-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Hopefully someone finally came to the realization that dude is just never going to be able to adapt to the WWE style. It's time to find another person to slap a mask on.

They should never have unmasked Hunico. He can wrestle the WWE style and he can speak English. Don't understand what was going through their mind when they unmasked him frankly.

Apparently WWE have been on the lookout for a new masked Mexican luchador that can speak English for some time, so I guess it's just a matter of time before Sin Cara gets the boot.

Pumpkinhead
07-03-2012, 02:14 PM
don't be so negative it may be just the setup for a future feud when Del Rio is done with WHC, remember this guy was Triple H's star signning, knowing his ego he won't get rid of Sin Cara so easily

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't think he is supposed to. The WWE has enough talent on the roster to appeal to the American fans. I think stars like Sin Cara, ADR, Hunico and Camacho are there just to bring in more Mexican fans.

Seriously?

Hm. Learn something new every day...

Playboy Stevie V
07-03-2012, 02:22 PM

I understand that, but to me Del Rio and Hunico have personality and are relateable. Just my opinion.

Tommy Thunder
07-03-2012, 02:28 PM
I understand that, but to me Del Rio and Hunico have personality and are relateable. Just my opinion.

Exactly.
I hope they do something worthwhile with Hunico. Right now, it seems he's just a new version of Chavo Guerrero to me. Just a guy they use on Superstars and occasionally as a jobber of SD.
And for those saying that ADR is boring, well just take a look at Sin Cara. Personality doesn't get more bland than that!

Playboy Stevie V
07-03-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm sorry, who?

Back in the day. Max Moon was Konan's WWE character in mask. Very lame.

http://youtu.be/L-KG0fNJtrA

Wade Barrett 1979
07-03-2012, 02:30 PM

Seriously?

Hm. Learn something new every day...

His pappy is Haku!

Playboy Stevie V
07-03-2012, 02:35 PM

^^^^ That's what I've been saying. He has a select few wrestlers to actually put on a good match with. The other times it looks like a botch fest. Then he gets injured and I'm surprised he hasn't injured someone else.

But let me tell you that is not Sin Cara's fault. It's the fault of his style and the lack of lucha style that the other WWE superstars have.

He has beautiful matches when going up against someone that can hang with his style.

K2Jelly
07-03-2012, 02:36 PM
His pappy is Haku.

You'd think with that going for him, the WWE would push him. No one wants to lose an eye!

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 02:36 PM
His pappy is Haku!

... Well, damn... the things I don't know...

Wade Barrett 1979
07-03-2012, 02:37 PM
... Well, damn... the things I don't know...

I like you, sarcasm is fun!

Tommy Thunder
^^^^ That's what I've been saying. He has a select few wrestlers to actually put on a good match with. The other times it looks like a botch fest. Then he gets injured and I'm surprised he hasn't injured someone else.

But let me tell you that is not Sin Cara's fault. It's the fault of his style and the lack of lucha style that the other WWE superstars have.

He has beautiful matches when going up against someone that can hang with his style.

Exactly. His matches with Hunico are actually pretty good. I'm sure he could also put on a good match with Evan Bourne or Trent Barretta given the chance too, since they're both lucha wrestlers and can wrestle the style well.

Wade Barrett 1979
You'd think with that going for him, the WWE would push him. No one wants to lose an eye!

True say man! :D

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 02:38 PM

That's a shame... one would think WWE would anticipate that and try to accommodate the issue or something beforehand...

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 02:39 PM
I like you, sarcasm is fun!

I'm being serious... I did not know that about Hunico...

Wade Barrett 1979
07-03-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm being serious... I did not know that about Hunico...

Think wires are crossed, I was talking about Camacho! In answer to your response on Sleepy pointing out he's Tongan, not Mexican!

Playboy Stevie V
07-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Exactly. His matches with Hunico are actually pretty good. I'm sure he could also put on a good match with Evan Bourne or Trent Barretta given the chance too, since they're both lucha wrestlers and can wrestle the style well.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of a few, to add to your list of people who can actually wrestle with Sin Cara are:

Tyson Kidd
Punk
DB
ADR
Kofi

And that's prob it. So he's limited.

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Think wires are crossed, I was talking about Camacho! In answer to your response on Sleepy pointing out he's Tongan, not Mexican!

Sorry, still swinging at my kid bro for impersonating me during an earlier post...

Wade Barrett 1979
07-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Sorry, still swinging at my kid bro for impersonating me during an earlier post...

Make him lick at battery! That'll teach him!

K2Jelly
07-03-2012, 02:53 PM

At least you didn't give us that tired "My account got hacked" excuse.

Thanks for thinking outside of the box! :D

Wade Barrett 1979
07-03-2012, 02:54 PM
At least you didn't give us that tied "My account got hacked" excuse.

Doesn't Angle have that copyrighted?

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Make him lick at battery! That'll teach him!

Nah, he knocked over his Xbox 360 while trying to get away and it's not sounding very good, so my revenge is fulfilled

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 02:58 PM

I know right? Actually, all jokes aside, that makes me nervous about having a Twitter account, the more I think about it...

Robstar
07-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Back in the day. Max Moon was Konan's WWE character in mask. Very lame.

http://youtu.be/L-KG0fNJtrA

Paul Diamond, not Konan

Playboy Stevie V
07-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Paul Diamond, not Konan

Paul Diamond was the masked dude in the Orient express.

This is Konan dude.

K2Jelly
07-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Paul Diamond, not Konan

Both were given the role as Max Moon actually but Diamond ran with it longer.

Robstar
07-03-2012, 03:04 PM

I'm not buying it!

Kurt....is that you? ;)

Robstar
07-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Nah, he knocked over his Xbox 360 while trying to get away and it's not sounding very good, so my revenge is fulfilled

Oh man, don't take it out on a poor XBox!

Playboy Stevie V
07-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Both were given the role as Max Moon actually but Diamond ran with it longer.

Wow! I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday. Thanks for education.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Wait a minute.....

K2Jelly
07-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Wait a minute.....

Don't you dare...

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Oh man, don't take it out on a poor XBox!

He did it, not me :D You should see him... I think I see a tear :D

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm not buying it!

Kurt....is that you? ;)

... Of course not.

*looks around suspiciously before jumping on Twitter* - "That statement did not come from me, mt Twitter account was hacked. Again." Works like a charm every time :cool:

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Wow! I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday. Thanks for education.

Tell me about it...

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Question: does anyone think that Sin Cara will eventually hold a title in WWE... or do you see him being around long enough to chase one?

jelle1809
07-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Hasn't he been in the doghouse since his debut?

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Hasn't he been in the doghouse since his debut?

It would seem that way. I thought that when he came back with the red and white, he might have been getting a push and had things smoothed over. But in light of what happened at RAW and the company people's observations, maybe not...

jelle1809
07-03-2012, 04:02 PM
It would seem that way. I thought that when he came back with the red and white, he might have been getting a push and had things smoothed over. But in light of what happened at RAW and the company people's observations, maybe not...
True, maybe they're testing us :P

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 04:21 PM
True, maybe they're testing us :P

Or trying to confuse us... one of the two. I'm curious about where they got the idea for the color scheme...

jelle1809
07-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Or trying to confuse us... one of the two. I'm curious about where they got the idea for the color scheme...
It was rumored since he got injured at survivor series that he would have a new attire in 2012.

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 05:03 PM
It was rumored since he got injured at survivor series that he would have a new attire in 2012.

Ah. Ask question, get answer.

jelle1809
07-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Ah. Ask question, get answer.
welcome to EWN

Lowki
07-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Sin Cara slid in the ring and got jumped before a bell even rang.. I don't believe it's a squash when a sneak attack leads to a beating.
If that's the case "LOL Lesnar squashed Triple H!" I mean, it's the same thing isn't it? Damn, people better start worrying about Triple H's position now... *sigh*

I think this is more to do with them putting a potential feud in place - Del Rio loses his title shot, Sin Cara returns in a few weeks to 'avenge' his injury. Dirt sheets love them some rumours about sin cara.

Iron Ape
07-03-2012, 05:38 PM
They should never have unmasked Hunico. He can wrestle the WWE style and he can speak English. Don't understand what was going through their mind when they unmasked him frankly.
Totally agree. Shame he couldn't have been the one to get the Sin Cara gimmick in the first place; dude probably would have made it work.

Apparently WWE have been on the lookout for a new masked Mexican luchador that can speak English for some time, so I guess it's just a matter of time before Sin Cara gets the boot.
It's kind of a shame that Evan Bourne can't come back under a new mask and name, with a clean slate as far as the Wellness policy goes. I see no reason that the WWE can't just start using pretend Mexicans to meet our collective watered-down luchador needs. ;)

HeelTurn
07-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Don't see how this is him in danger as the article suggests.

He returned, won against everyone he faced on Raw, SD and a PPV or 2. Maybe its time Hunico puts the mask on again.

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Don't see how this is him in danger as the article suggests.

He returned, won against everyone he faced on Raw, SD and a PPV or 2. Maybe its time Hunico puts the mask on again.

Hmm... that would be cool. Maybe even keep the black motif going and do a heel luchador character, and knock off the colorful Sin Cara...

Robstar
07-03-2012, 05:46 PM
I don't know why they don't just slap masks on half the roster. Ted DiBiase, Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel - ha, at least then you wouldn't see how scared and unsure Gabriel looks before he launches his finisher

Wade Barrett 1979
07-03-2012, 05:52 PM
I don't know why they don't just slap masks on half the roster. Ted DiBiase, Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel - ha, at least then you wouldn't see how scared and unsure Gabriel looks before he launches his finisher

What would Ted be: Carisma Negro Agujero!

HeelTurn
07-03-2012, 05:54 PM

LOL

At least they could finally do the whole Power Ranger Sin Cara gimmick, they have the suits made for the blue, red, white and black already.

K2Jelly
07-03-2012, 05:54 PM

I didn't even had to use Google Translate to know what you just said there.

Personally, I would have used El Generico, but that's already been taken. :p

Wade Barrett 1979
07-03-2012, 05:57 PM
LOL

At least they could finally do the whole Power Ranger Sin Cara gimmick, they have the suits made for the blue, red, white and black already.

That still needs to be done!

Wade Barrett 1979
07-03-2012, 05:58 PM
I didn't even had to use Google Translate to know what you just said there.

Personally, I would have used El Generico, but that's already been taken. :p

Is it that familiar now? :D

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 06:06 PM
LOL

I can see it now... the Sin Cara Squad... aka the Spirit Squad v2.0

Robstar
07-03-2012, 06:09 PM
I can see it now... the Sin Cara Squad... aka the Spirit Squad v2.0

Well he does already use a trampoline so that's a start...

HeelTurn
07-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Well he does already use a trampoline so that's a start...

DID use a trampoline, he just runs into the ring now, he can't be trusted with grown up toys.

The Expendable
07-03-2012, 06:44 PM
I think it's very soon to talk, maybe it's just a build up to some Rey Mysterio storyline, I think it would be great if Mysterio to save him and then the nest week sin cara turns on rey mysterio and there you have a feud mask vs mask, but that's just me

scribbler_jones
07-03-2012, 07:39 PM
DID use a trampoline, he just runs into the ring now, he can't be trusted with grown up toys.

*snickers*

Hell f*** nah...

Robstar
07-03-2012, 07:44 PM
*snickers*

Hell f*** nah...

I'll take a Snickers

Iron Ape
07-03-2012, 08:02 PM
I put my Snickers into the freezer before I eat them. Ice Cream Snickers are melty cool delicious and all, but for whatever reason there's just something I prefer about the classic original in cryo form.

ParagonOfVirtue
07-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Doesn't Angle have that copyrighted?

That'd be a trademark, if anything.

ParagonOfVirtue
07-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Sin Cara's WWE stint has been far from stellar, which is a damn shame, honestly. If the theory of the cruiserweight show does come to fruition, I'd like to see him stick around to see that venture kick off. It's unfortunate that the language barrier costs him so much. Like, when someone mentioned the names of guys he could currently work with.... 90% of those were top guys. Cara was getting great reactions before the first injury angle, but lost steam after returning, only to enter a real injury. If he hadn't of had to play hurt, and subsequently gotten hurt, we might not be calling him botch cara. Add that to being able to cut a promo, and you've got a star who already has top level talent he could fued with. But... could, would, should, don't sell tickets. And languages don't teach themselves. Tatsu can speak English, even if he acts like he can't on T.V., so why couldn't the guy get some help? I mean, Rosetta Stone or something, ffs.

Formica
07-04-2012, 05:21 AM
I haven't read through all eight pages to see if anyone suggested this, but maybe with Rey Mysterio returning soon they didn't want to have two masked lucha's on the roster so they will work an injury angle. Sin Cara is out injured then shortly after Rey returns Sin Cara can make his return and work into a feud with Rey.

PSOjedi
07-04-2012, 07:28 AM

This is what I say since his debut. I said that I can not see him being as a WWE superstar more than 2 years. Even Hunico, when he played the Dark Sin Cara was better than Sin Cara himself, with less botch !!! His style does not fit WWE style. And he does not have that much crowd reaction. Perhaps it's not his entire fault because WWE just booked him bad since his debut. They just thought that he was a star in Mexico and he will be in WWE, but they were 100% wrong. Sin Cara is talented, but he does not have his place in the WWE.

Cabers
07-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Yeah he hasn't impressed me at all, hunico is just so much better than him!