PDA

View Full Version : The return of a repackaged Mark Henry.

URATOOL
07-03-2012, 05:15 AM
When and if Mark Henry returns I suspect we will see a repackage. His pain causing heel gimmick has been kind of ruined by both his losing of several matches pre injury and by the multiple other 'unstoppable'(ish) characters at the moment.

He clearly doesn't have long left in his career so I can him being switch back to a fan friendly face for his last run. And I have a suspicion we could even see a teaming with Brodus.

Brodus doing his usual intro and the music cuts. Then a new look Henry hits the stage with this track....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BRv9wGf5pk

Cue a dance off and then big hug. Team Funky Power is born!!

SilverGhost
07-03-2012, 05:24 AM
A good idea since the WWE is crawling with giants, monsters, and beefed up guys. Fan friendly would work but I'd rather keep him heel and win one more World Championship as his last reign.

Robstar
07-03-2012, 05:24 AM
"I've Got The POWER!!" Oh yeah, I want to see this. Mark Henry doesn't make an effective heel to me, not unless we can go back in time and make it so we actually were a little bit worried that one wrestler might hurt another. A gimmick face, as much as everyone says they hate them - Santino, Zack Ryder - are the ones that everyone cheers for.

Mainly because they're not John Cena.

SilverGhost
07-03-2012, 05:30 AM
"I've Got The POWER!!" Oh yeah, I want to see this. Mark Henry doesn't make an effective heel to me, not unless we can go back in time and make it so we actually were a little bit worried that one wrestler might hurt another. A gimmick face, as much as everyone says they hate them - Santino, Zack Ryder - are the ones that everyone cheers for.

Mainly because they're not John Cena.

Aww come on man! His WHC reign was pretty good. Hell, it was one of the more believable ones.

URATOOL
07-03-2012, 05:37 AM
Aww come on man! His WHC reign was pretty good. Hell, it was one of the more believable ones.

You mean the bits where the fans were expected to believe he was allowed to break multiple peoples ankles/feet/legs, without getting fired or the bit where we were supposed to believe these victims left their legs in the folded chairs when they were clearly concious and able to move them?

SilverGhost
07-03-2012, 05:39 AM
You mean the bits where the fans were expected to believe he was allowed to break multiple peoples ankles/feet/legs, without getting fired or the bit where we were supposed to believe these victims left their legs in the folded chairs when they were clearly concious and able to move them?

Sure, if that helps his "Hall of Pain" character.

You can't deny that it worked for the guy.

URATOOL
07-03-2012, 05:49 AM
Sure, if that helps his "Hall of Pain" character.

You can't deny that it worked for the guy.

I can deny it. It was just a big, slow angry guy who may as well have fallen forward on top of each opponent. He showed very little ring ability (cause he has very little) and you could often see opponents having to work themselves into position for the big, lumbering oaf. His only redeeming skill in my eyes was the fact he sold brouge kicks and WMD punches pretty well.

Kashdinero
07-03-2012, 06:26 AM
There were moments during his reign as WHC where -due to the flattering manner in which he was booked- he came accross as very believable, but they were too few and far between for me. The rest of the time suspension of disbelief was impossible, which is kinda messed up when you look at the size of the guy.

As for the idea of him and Mr Ol' Shakey Belly forming a funkadelic tag team that destroys all in its path with their sheer size, whilst performing dinosaur related dance moves?

I'd mark.

Also, after the way Brodus got tucked in by TBS he could sure do with the help, thats for sure.. Ouch.

justinjackson1983
07-03-2012, 07:51 AM
what I would do to see Next week Heath slater insulting the legends then the whole area hears the familar barry white tone of "Its sexual baby" and Sexual choclate Mark Henry walks to the ring with Mae young and the hand..one more time!

Never gonna happen,and it would totally tank as many of the audience may not remember why the angry black guy that went round beating everyone up is now smooching an 93 year old woman with a plastic hand however a few of us would find it highly amusing

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-03-2012, 08:18 AM
He needs that haircut for it to work.

Poot-Hair
07-03-2012, 08:33 AM
When and if Mark Henry returns I suspect we will see a repackage. His pain causing heel gimmick has been kind of ruined by both his losing of several matches pre injury and by the multiple other 'unstoppable'(ish) characters at the moment.

He clearly doesn't have long left in his career so I can him being switch back to a fan friendly face for his last run. And I have a suspicion we could even see a teaming with Brodus.

Brodus doing his usual intro and the music cuts. Then a new look Henry hits the stage with this track....

Cue a dance off and then big hug. Team Funky Power is born!!God...I hope not.

I'd much rather see him come back, win the WWE belt and retire with having won one of each of the heavyweight titles.

Beserker
07-03-2012, 12:16 PM
big show comes out talking about being unstopable Cue mark henry "Pretty sure I already put you in the hall of pain" Not quite a face more of a antihero gimick

Tommy Thunder
07-03-2012, 12:20 PM
A good idea since the WWE is crawling with giants, monsters, and beefed up guys. Fan friendly would work but I'd rather keep him heel and win one more World Championship as his last reign.

I agree with this.
I don't buy Mark Henry as a face. I'd prefer him to return heel and have one more world title reign before he calls it a day.

The Hit Man
07-03-2012, 12:31 PM
I don't see much point in trying to repackage him as it looks like he's going to hang up the boots fairly soon. He makes a better heel than a face so may as well keep him as a heel. He could help put someone like Ryback over.

SESAfro
07-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Yeah, angry black man is always more believable than an happy black man. It's expected (trust me, I know). Mark should just keep putting people down as an anti-hero and junk. MARK FOR WWE CHAMPION!

Playboy Stevie V
07-03-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't know, but I'm seeing another push for Mark with him being managed by AW, TBH

Pumpkinhead
07-03-2012, 02:20 PM
I heard somewhere he is not coming back and hang the boots, hopefully I'm wrong

bearkg88
07-04-2012, 10:41 AM
For me, I don't love the Clay character. For me he is tolerable. Still not a big fan of it, and I think Henry has had enough goofy gimmick/storylines, and would be better served to come back and be the monster he was before.

HeelTurn
07-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Maybe they could team him up with AW and the PTP as the straight guy to their comedy style. That way he wouldn't have to wrestle that much if he is hurting.

justinjackson1983
07-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Yeah, angry black man is always more believable than an happy black man. It's expected (trust me, I know). Mark should just keep putting people down as an anti-hero and junk. MARK FOR WWE CHAMPION!

true dat! Im the happiest guy I know but I still look like I lost a tenner and found a fiver most of the time,
but even so I want to see sexual chocolate one more time...pg or not!

Tomsta666
07-04-2012, 11:06 AM
true dat! Im the happiest guy I know but I still look like I lost a tenner and found a fiver most of the time,
but even so I want to see sexual chocolate one more time...pg or not!

Word! Bring back sexual chocolate!! :cool:

After the length and dominance of his WHC reign, I can't see him having another title run.

Cabers
07-04-2012, 02:59 PM

Cue a dance off and then big hug. Team Funky Power is born!!

Aww why the hell not sure!!