PDA

View Full Version : Michael McGillicutty idea

Kenny Kaos
07-01-2012, 07:28 PM
After watching his rivalry with Tyson Kidd on NXT, and their recent match on the opening of the new series, I have come to the conclusion I like Michael McGilliicutty. He just needs something to get over. I have an idea. An idea I think many of you will poo poo, but hear me out none the less.

1000th episode of Raw and we're about half way through. Cole and JR are blabbering and twitter and some other crap nobody real cares about when some music hits. Not just ANY music, but this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZI1yE1QbFc

He then gets on a mic and cuts the worked shoot of his life! Introduces himself as Joe Hennig, son of WWE Hall of Famer Curt Hennig...Mr. Perfect, and grandson of Larry The Axe Hennig...and he won't be silenced no more.

When he came to the WWE he didn't expect that just because he is a third generation superstar, he would have everything handed to him on a silver platter. He knew he'd have to work to earn his spot. He's been busting his ass, grabbing for the brass rings but being held back...just like his dad was. The whole world knows his dad was the GREATEST WWE superstar of all time to never hold the heavyweight championship, and he is being held back, just like his father was.

Perfection is his genes. Michael McGillicutty is no more. Say hello to no average Joe...Joe Hennig!

Playboy Stevie V
07-01-2012, 07:58 PM
That sounds good.

But I want them to beef up the tag division and stop wasting talent. I would tag up Joe with another third generation star, Ted Jr and them form a spoiled entitled team and maybe throw them a manager.

Kenny Kaos
07-01-2012, 08:02 PM
That sounds good.

But I want them to beef up the tag division and stop wasting talent. I would tag up Joe with another third generation star, Ted Jr and them form a spoiled entitled team and maybe throw them a manager.

That could also work. I'm just looking for a way to get Curt's awesome theme back in the WWE and used on a weekly basis! Its just...perfect

Tommy Thunder
07-01-2012, 08:09 PM
That sounds good.

They actually had plans to team Ted DiBiase with Joe Henning and Brett DiBiase a while back to form a stable called 'The Fortunate Sons', but that fell apart when Brett had a career ending knee injury.

OT, I like this idea, but I have to admit, I'm was never a fan of Mr Perfect's theme, and I still aren't. Perhaps a similar theme along the same lines would be cool for Joe Henning, but I don't want to see him using the exact same theme. I hate it.

MachoManFan
07-01-2012, 08:11 PM
It's a good idea but McGillicutty chose his name because he didn't want to use Hennig and just be known as the son of Mr Perfect, so I guess he'd never go fo it. Still, that was before he got stuck in NXT purgatory so he might be more keen on the idea now!

Tommy Thunder
07-01-2012, 08:14 PM
It's a good idea but McGillicutty chose his name because he didn't want to use Hennig and just be known as the son of Mr Perfect, so I guess he'd never go fo it. Still, that was before he got stuck in NXT purgatory so he might be more keen on the idea now!

It's only a few months back that he expressed frustration at not being able to use the Henning name, so I don't thnk he chose that name man.

Dennis
07-01-2012, 08:23 PM
He was really boring when he was with ortunga... but I have watched several of his recent matches on nxt and superstars and realized how good of a heel he can be as a singles competitor so IMO teaming him up with a third generation star like ted who lacks charisma just leads him right back to where he currently is placed.. as another great talent that the wwe just hasn't found the right push for yet...

tdp
07-01-2012, 08:32 PM
I love the idea personally. Not sure how many of the young fans would catch the theme music reference though. I'd prefer a new theme all together.

MachoManFan
07-01-2012, 08:49 PM
It's only a few months back that he expressed frustration at not being able to use the Henning name, so I don't thnk he chose that name man.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that he did, but it was probably here so who knows how acturate that was!

Robstar
07-01-2012, 08:54 PM
I like Ted. The question is - will Santino ever get to touch his beard? Inquiring minds want to know!

Tommy Thunder
07-01-2012, 08:54 PM
I could have sworn I read somewhere that he did, but it was probably here so who knows how acturate that was!

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if both reports have been flying around. Who knows with today's dirt-sheet reporting etc!

TheRockerGother
07-01-2012, 09:14 PM
That sounds like a good idea but 3 things wrong my friend.

1 WWE creative most of the time thinks the exact opposite of what we fans think.
2 I don't think much people know who Mr.Perfect are and by that I mean kids.
3 I doubt WWE would give him some time on RAW to do this.

RedDevilSativa
07-02-2012, 12:01 AM
he definately has that smug arogant look about him like mr perfect i think alot of the 2nd and 3rd gen superstars should have similar gimmicks to there fathers. pbviously there are exceptions such as cody rhodes randy orton but guys like dibiase and mgilacuty who are bland and boring as they are let them have a bit of there fathers personality as there character ted should definatly be throwin the cash around thought they almost had something with him when he was with maryse but the kind of let her steal the spotlight. but the problem wwe has at the moment with mgilacuty is they are letting dolph ziggler be the kind of mr perfect.

thedag
07-02-2012, 12:40 AM
he doesn't live up to his last name.

Tommy Thunder
07-02-2012, 12:47 AM
he doesn't live up to his last name.

A naive observation IMO.

Pittbull
07-02-2012, 03:52 AM
I did something like this with him in wwe 12 tried to repackage him as the son of Mr Perfect... the only problem thou is Dolph Ziggler has a "perfect" type of persona.

bida2
07-02-2012, 06:08 AM
I,too,now like McGillicutty.He did a damn good match with Tyson Kidd in the main event of Season 6 of NXT.As Booker T would say:"That boy can GO!".What he lacks is a gimmick.A good one,atleast.

Kenny Kaos
07-02-2012, 07:00 AM
I,too,now like McGillicutty.He did a damn good match with Tyson Kidd in the main event of Season 6 of NXT.As Booker T would say:"That boy can GO!".What he lacks is a gimmick.A good one,atleast.

Which is why I came up with my little idea. Glad by the large it has got a positive reaction. As for Kids not knowing who Mr. Perfect is, I'm sure not many of them remembered Sid, Vader or Rowdy Piper, yet they have all featured in segments of Raw over the past few weeks

TheLegendaryIcon
07-02-2012, 07:06 AM
The next generation should never have their father's gimmick. They need to stand on their own and I see Joe getting there.

With Ted they should do some kind of storyline where Ted Sr. cuts him off. No more tailgate parties, no more DiBiase posse and being the popular rich kid slumming among the poor folk. Maybe even go though a whole thing with segments of him comically adapting to life without servants and the like.

With Joe, he should drop the fake name and use Hennig. I think the very thing to give him exposure would be to put him in a feud directly with Ziggler. Have Joe come out and target him just like what happened with Kidd, but instead telling Ziggler he isn't perfection. He isn't Curt Hennig, he won't ever achieve that level of greatness and to stop walking around like he is. Maybe even explain the MM name as "The Powers That Be" not allowing him to use his real name because of Ziggler. (Go full force true/partially true.)

Kenny Kaos
07-02-2012, 07:23 AM
With Joe, he should drop the fake name and use Hennig. I think the very thing to give him exposure would be to put him in a feud directly with Ziggler. Have Joe come out and target him just like what happened with Kidd, but instead telling Ziggler he isn't perfection. He isn't Curt Hennig, he won't ever achieve that level of greatness and to stop walking around like he is. Maybe even explain the MM name as "The Powers That Be" not allowing him to use his real name because of Ziggler. (Go full force true/partially true.)

Interesting idea, one I like. Only problem being Dolph is on another level at the minute. Maybe wait until Ziggler has held a major Championship, have Joe cost him the title and THEN have you're storyline come into play. Already have you're feud set up, your protagonist has a legit reason to hate Ziggler and McGillicutty name can finally be dropped and Joe can carry on the Hennig name and step up to the next level

blink
07-02-2012, 07:38 AM
I think I would kill myself if his catch phrase was "I'm no average joe". Come on, that's the best you could come up with? Lol.

Kenny Kaos
07-02-2012, 07:44 AM
I think I would kill myself if his catch phrase was "I'm no average joe". Come on, that's the best you could come up with? Lol.

I thought that was WWE Creative standard to be honest...not that thats saying much ;)

Pittbull
07-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Interesting idea, one I like. Only problem being Dolph is on another level at the minute. Maybe wait until Ziggler has held a major Championship, have Joe cost him the title and THEN have you're storyline come into play. Already have you're feud set up, your protagonist has a legit reason to hate Ziggler and McGillicutty name can finally be dropped and Joe can carry on the Hennig name and step up to the next level

I think there is too many characters that have that "perfect" persona the moment... Ziggler, Sandow, Del Rio for instance! Maybe have him despise how perfect his father was compared to him. Say he changed his name as he hated his father for being perfect and really he wasn't as perfect as people made out...

OR

If they don't really want to tarnish Kurt's perfect legacy and have MM come out and say I have the perfect genes... etc etc

Kenny Kaos
07-02-2012, 07:54 AM
I don't really see the comparisons with the three guys you mentioned.

You say Ziggler, I think Billy Gunn
You say Sandow, I think The Genius
You say Del Rio, I think JBL

I can't see them doing a gimmick where he hates his dad, that would gain a lot of cheap heat from the fans, plus smart fans wouldn't buy it from his NXT Rookie promo when he praises his dad and grandad

Pittbull
07-02-2012, 08:37 AM
I don't really see the comparisons with the three guys you mentioned.

You say Ziggler, I think Billy Gunn
You say Sandow, I think The Genius
You say Del Rio, I think JBL

I can't see them doing a gimmick where he hates his dad, that would gain a lot of cheap heat from the fans, plus smart fans wouldn't buy it from his NXT Rookie promo when he praises his dad and grandad

I wouldn't say they are the exact persona of Kurt Henning's Mr Perfect... just feel they have the arrogance of a perfect type character. Zigglers music even says perfection in it! P.S I'm from Blackpool too haha

Kenny Kaos
07-02-2012, 08:57 AM
I wouldn't say they are the exact persona of Kurt Henning's Mr Perfect... just feel they have the arrogance of a perfect type character. Zigglers music even says perfection in it! P.S I'm from Blackpool too haha

Blackpool seem to be taking over this message board!

Ziggler's music has had a slight change to get away from the Mr. Perfect links. Its now called "Here to show the World!"

Cabers
07-02-2012, 12:23 PM

Yeah he wants to use the Hennig name but cant for probably the same reason Bo and Bray cant use there real second name its a weird one alright!

Off Topic: another guy wants to get rid of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJTkRmc6vqk

That is one of the most in your face intros in the WWE!!

Kenny Kaos
07-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Wade Barrett needs a theme this cool