PDA

View Full Version : who will be the next legend to face heath slater?

ViscerasManTits
07-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Raw is live from Amarillo, TX and to me, there's only one legend it should be. Hailing from the Doublecross Ranch, the living legend, Terry Funk.

Thoughts?

Destruction
07-01-2012, 10:45 AM
I would like it to be him. But within time, I expect one name to be there.

SELF HIGH FIVE

WilloTron
07-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Raw is live from Amarillo, TX and to me, there's only one legend it should be. Hailing from the Doublecross Ranch, the living legend, Terry Funk.

Thoughts?

I read on here that DDP could be making an appearance very soon. Could see Heath on the receiving end of a Diamond Cutter

Cabers
07-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Yes DDP will appear but i seriously doubt he will wrestle he has been retired for years now. Or is he still active?

Lowki
07-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Well i know Page has worked backstage on various things the past few years. He appeared on Raw last year to promote the Best of WCW dvd as he was its narrator and was sat next to Nash at the HOF ceremony this year.
Just because he's retired doesn't mean he won't make an in-ring appearance.

Tommy Thunder
07-01-2012, 12:31 PM
With all due respect to Terry Funk, I don't think he was relevant enough in WWF/E during the Raw years to be considered for a cameo in this capacity. We're looking for former guys that were relevant during those specific years, since that's what WWE are promoting by bringing guys back.

Yes DDP will appear but i seriously doubt he will wrestle he has been retired for years now. Or is he still active?

DDP is in phenomenal shape man. If I look half as good as he does when I'm 56, then I'll be a happy man! He was still wrestling in 2009, but he's since retired I think. But I certainly wouldn't rule out him working a short match or something.

Will DDP be the next legend? I hope so. And that's a good thing!

http://trg.fireball20xl.com/random/ddp_awesomeface.jpg

World B. Free
07-01-2012, 12:32 PM
I would like to see Big Poppa Pump make an appearance and hear him talk more crap about TNA!!! haha

Kenny Kaos
07-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Is JBL still up a mountain?

wrestlingfan66513
07-01-2012, 12:43 PM

I would love Heath Slater to say "I am a wrestling god"

Kenny Kaos
07-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Hahaha, would love to see him eat a clothesline from hell

Tommy Thunder
07-01-2012, 12:47 PM

He's just finished the first of 7 mountains.

Viperfish
07-01-2012, 01:23 PM
DDP may not have competed for years but he should be in phenomenal shape for his age. If he can knock off the ring rust I think he's got a match in him. I'm sure he'd do it if a DDPYoga plug was part of the deal.

As much as I enjoy legends coming back and having a match... can we have some WWE guys show up? I love DDP so he's excused, but so far Vader and Sid I think were better known in WCW than they were in WWE. Vader was only in WWF for 2 years, he was in WCW for 5 and held the world title 3 times... and the AWA and Japan have seen Vader as well. Sid I think was pretty even between WWF and WCW, even down to championship reigns. In my opinion though Sid was bigger in WCW. DDP... without question WCW.

I'd like to see someone more 'native' to WWE show up if that makes any sense.

Tommy Thunder
07-01-2012, 01:35 PM
DDP may not have competed for years but he should be in phenomenal shape for his age. If he can knock off the ring rust I think he's got a match in him. I'm sure he'd do it if a DDPYoga plug was part of the deal.

As much as I enjoy legends coming back and having a match... can we have some WWE guys show up? I love DDP so he's excused, but so far Vader and Sid I think were better known in WCW than they were in WWE. Vader was only in WWF for 2 years, he was in WCW for 5 and held the world title 3 times... and the AWA and Japan have seen Vader as well. Sid I think was pretty even between WWF and WCW, even down to championship reigns. In my opinion though Sid was bigger in WCW. DDP... without question WCW.

Care to throw some suggestions out there as to who you'd like to see?

WilloTron
07-01-2012, 01:37 PM

More native to WWE? Rikishi perhaps? I think he'd get a great reaction and with his son's the Uso's in WWE it could be a possibility.

DK Wrestling Savior
07-01-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm gonna go with....The Godfather.

Viperfish
07-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Care to throw some suggestions out there as to who you'd like to see?

The Ultimate Warrior would probably have an abomination of a match but if they bank on people remembering him and they do in fact remember him, the star power alone would make it passable. He's in great shape so he's got the look. Personally I'd have him come to the ring first so he can do the run and catch his breath before the match begins. In your 50s and carrying a lot of weight on your shoulders, that can't be the easiest thing in the world to do.

Viscera may not be the biggest name out there but if they're going for the old school thing, bringing him back as King Mabel and maybe getting Sir Mo to go with him would be passable.

Shawn Michaels is an obvious pick but he seems hell-bent on keeping appearances sporadic. We know he's doing the DX reunion thing but we don't know if he's going to wrestle... at least I don't think so anyway. If he's going to wrestle again it should be a big deal though.

Tatanka isn't the biggest name out there but he's still wrestling at 51. We know he can have a decent match unless he's putting out stinkers at his age.

Ahmed Johnson's not that old, and he's got a bad reputation, but he at one point worked for Booker T's wrestling school(I don't know if he still does).

Tajiri still wrestles though he's fairly active in Japan... and instead of Heath Slater I'd put him in with Yoshi Tatsu just to give it that extra flavor. Not quite as native to WWE but if you limit the scope to American wrestling then yeah, though he did have a lengthy stint in ECW.

Rikishi would be a good fit I think. After his match he should have a dance-off with Brodus Clay. Rikishi still wrestles today. Actually all three members of Too Cool are in Territory League and still wrestle together, it's possible that they can get all three to show up for one night(especially since Grandmaster Sexay is Lawler's son so that's an easy one to convince).

Just tossing out names, don't mind me.

CM Rock-Austin
07-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Knowing the WWE, they might have him face Booker T but I hope for DDP the most!

Robstar
07-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Road Warrior Animal.
Hacksaw Jim Duggan.
Scotty Too Hotty.
Ken Shamrock.
The Goodfather.

HeelTurn
07-01-2012, 02:44 PM
I hope to see Steve Blackman, kendo stick and all.

But I don't think anyone really predicted Sid so who knows.

yoguy357
07-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Heath Slater getting a clothesline from hell by JBL would be amazing.

They should bring out a manager or someone non threatening... the guy goes on the mic and says he's hired some...protection....

APA Music Hits!

:D

zoobile1
07-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Demolition

Robstar
07-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Demolition

Well they are doing the rounds again

HeelTurn
07-01-2012, 03:57 PM
What state is Scott Hall in these days?

Pumpkinhead
07-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Mae Young FTW!!!

Robstar
07-01-2012, 04:02 PM
What state is Scott Hall in these days?

No, I don't think so.

What about Billy Gunn?

Playboy Stevie V
07-01-2012, 04:33 PM
I can only wish, but Slater saying its True, its Damn True. Return of Kurt Angle!

I know its not happening :(

Its true. It's Damn true.

Kenny Kaos
07-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Ron Simmons....DAMN!

body slam
07-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Not DDP but DDT. They did bring him back for Orton's legend killer run.

Shaz11
07-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Ron Simmons....DAMN!

I think it will be him as well!

DAMN!

Lowki
07-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Who were bigger than Kai-en-tai? I'd love to see Funaki and Taka beat on Slater!

Ferigno
07-01-2012, 06:38 PM

Thoughts?

If it's live from Amarillo Texas then it has to be Dennis Stamp.

Grind_Bastard
07-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Who were bigger than Kai-en-tai? I'd love to see Funaki and Taka beat on Slater!

In-fucking-deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!

Tommy Thunder
07-01-2012, 07:03 PM

TAKA is coming, motherfucker!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrIKDwLQV-A

PSOjedi
07-01-2012, 07:20 PM
who will be the next legend to face heath slater?

ddp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Machomadness97
07-01-2012, 07:23 PM
It was announced early that DDP will be a likely opponent for Slater. Through he is ring rust, it would be interesting for the former WCW champion to lace up his boots one more time. Other opponent might feature Terry Funk, HBK, Etc. With these superstars we might see a promo with Slater as we saw with Piper and Slater challenging them to a fight. Obviously, the legend will win but this is going to last till the 1000th episode of Monday Night Raw.

TheDevilsAdvocate
07-01-2012, 07:54 PM
ddp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a strong belief of mine that the next legend will indeed be this guy right here.

alexrules01
07-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Ric Flair? Can he compete since leaving TNA?

RedDevilSativa
07-02-2012, 12:11 AM
sid was a nice suprise and so was vader so i hope they keep doing ones like that

thedag
07-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Have Albert come out.

Playboy Stevie V
07-02-2012, 01:47 AM
Have Albert come out.

Yes! LMAO! Best comment in this forum so far! Lol

ViscerasManTits
07-02-2012, 02:08 AM
For those saying The Funker didnt have an impact during the Attitude Era must've forgotten about this guy

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh609/cactus_y2j/111/Wrestlers%20C/Chainsaw_Charlie.jpg

82Tucker
07-02-2012, 05:55 AM
DDP next then I'd love to see in time:

Bret Hart
JBL
New Age Outlaws (in individual competition though)
HBK
Xpac (If possible)
SCSA

Pittbull
07-02-2012, 07:57 AM
I'd love to see Slater take on Gillberg... but Slater beats him and is being all cocky and says who's next... then Bill Goldberg music hits...

82Tucker
07-02-2012, 07:58 AM
^^ Excellent idea!!

justinjackson1983
07-02-2012, 08:01 AM
^^ Excellent idea!!
100% agree

Dr. Death
07-02-2012, 08:47 AM
I say give the Iron Sheik a shot.

82Tucker
07-02-2012, 09:26 AM
I can imagine him now.........*Walking to the ring saying* "I make Slater humble the no good jabroni, he piece of shit like the Virgil and if not go fuck yourself"

What a character.....

Kenny Kaos
07-02-2012, 09:48 AM
The Honky Tonk Man, the REAL one man rock band

Will Strawn
07-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Here's a few:

Boogeyman

Rino

Papa Shango/Godfather

Vicera

tommytopographic
07-02-2012, 01:23 PM
If its DDP i hope he comes out to his WCW theme, that would be a real mark out moment.

malvec
07-02-2012, 02:00 PM
What state pen is Scott Hall in these days?
There we go. Fixed that them there for ya :)

zoobile1
07-02-2012, 02:00 PM
self high five (cue the nirvana knock off music lol) still would be cool tho

Kenny Kaos
07-02-2012, 05:39 PM
self high five (cue the nirvana knock off music lol) still would be cool tho

Just had a terrible thought, what if Vince McMahon reads these boards?
What if he lets out small pieces of false information for them to be filtered out to message boards like these?
What if he WANTS us to think DDP is coming out tonight? What if he is hyping you up for a massive fall?
What if Vince McMahon is trolling us now as we speak?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5lB5TK9RVA

Robstar
07-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Vince would only read these boards so he could spit in our general direction.

I'm pulling for The Brooklyn Brawler or Norman Smiley ;)

Amerinaine
07-02-2012, 05:51 PM

This is the second mention of Brooklyn Brawler this week. Good times.

Tommy Thunder
07-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Just had a terrible thought, what if Vince McMahon reads these boards?
What if he lets out small pieces of false information for them to be filtered out to message boards like these?
What if he WANTS us to think DDP is coming out tonight? What if he is hyping you up for a massive fall?
What if Vince McMahon is trolling us now as we speak?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5lB5TK9RVA

I seriously doubt Vince knows what the 'internet' is, let alone know that there's a community of fans known as the IWC.

Kenny Kaos
07-02-2012, 05:53 PM
I seriously doubt Vince knows what the 'internet' is.

Sure he does, he regular types "6 foot 2, 240 pound guys" into Google, then places a "DO NOT DISTURB!" sign on his door!

Tommy Thunder
07-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Sure he does, he regular types "6 foot 2, 240 pound guys" into Google, then places a "DO NOT DISTURB!" sign on his door!

Nah, Vince is old school. He uses magazines.

Viperfish
07-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Vince lives in a bubble, and I'd like to think he's far too preoccupied with important things like running an international business to be bothered with reading dirt sheet forums. It'll never happen.

Kenny Kaos
07-02-2012, 06:59 PM
While the rick rolling was tongue in cheek and meant as a joke, I don't think Vince is as out of touch as you all think

Viperfish
07-03-2012, 12:14 AM
While the rick rolling was tongue in cheek and meant as a joke, I don't think Vince is as out of touch as you all think

Well it's your word versus people who've actually been in the business and have done business with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5_XT9pIfsc

Lowki
07-03-2012, 09:26 AM

You wasn't wrong on the Brawler... technically.

@tommy i miss Kaientai! They were hilarious tbh
Doink and DDP all in one week? Vince spoiled us.

Mr Punk
07-03-2012, 02:57 PM
If Eugene is not doing the Ring Ka King thing any more I can see Santino and Eugene doing a backstage skit. These two together could be hilarious.

yoguy357
07-23-2012, 09:29 PM
They should bring out a manager or someone non threatening... the guy goes on the mic and says he's hired some...protection....

APA Music Hits!

:D

Yeah, who called that?