PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Tyson Kidd?

FXK2I
07-01-2012, 12:12 AM
What do you guys think of Tyson Kidd?

Personally, I am really impressed with his wrestling ability and actually look forward to watching his future matches. I also like his wrestling style, it seems to be a fusion of a technician and a high-flyer.

Tommy Thunder
07-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Damn right I like Tyson Kidd!

The guy has it all as far as in-ring ability goes. He can mat wrestle with the best, he knows a shed load of submissions and counters, he can fly around the ring like a cruiserweight. He's exciting to watch wrestle. The one thing I'm not sold on is his mic skills, but in all fairness, he's not had an awful lot of opportunity on that front.

The only thing counting against him (that shouldn't count against him) is his size. He's only 5"10 and 195lbs, and we all know how Vince is with his "size does matter" policy.
But having said that, Daniel Bryan's been world champ, so anything's possible I guess! I'm looking for a great showing from him at MITB!

bearkg88
07-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Wasn't a big fan of Kidds when he was in the Hart Dynasty, but since going off on his own, and in recent months, I've really enjoyed his in ring work.

Playboy Stevie V
07-01-2012, 12:41 AM
I like Tysons wrestling style. You're absolutely correct about him being a excellent tech and high flyer.

What I don't like about Tyson is he needs better Mic skills or hasn't been given that chance.

He is really unproven on a big stage such as a ppv, so I'm happy to see him in MITB. I jumped out of my seat when he beat Swagger for his spot.

Just like Michael Cole said on Smackdown during Kidds match: "being impressive on NXT or superstars is one thing, but winning on Smackdown is a whole other level" something like that.

I hope he gets some Mic time and can excel at it. And I hope he gets pushed hard because he can pull off quality matches.

Haruko Haruhara
07-01-2012, 12:43 AM

Personally, I am really impressed with his wrestling ability and actually look forward to watching his future matches. I also like his wrestling style, it seems to be a fusion of a technician and a high-flyer.

I dont like him because of the hair he had when he started.

Tommy Thunder
07-01-2012, 12:47 AM
I dont like him because of the hair he had when he started.

http://lazyoptimist.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/yao-ming-meme.jpg

Haha!! Funny shit man!

Playboy Stevie V
07-01-2012, 01:04 AM
I just want to point out in this forum, without dropping a name, this Forum is about Tyson Kidd. There is one mature, intelligent fan here, besides me of course.

This fan is a Tyson Kidd fan and we had a spirted, verbal, debate over Kidd before.

Someone here just made a funny negative statement about Kidd and this fan responded like a adult. Reason why I say this because I've seen MANY people get down right bent over such things. Cry, attack and throw fits.

It's refreshing to see such maturity and unbutthurtmenship.

My hats off to you sir and I'm sure its not difficult to figure out who I was referring too.

Thank-you

And take notes children

CM Rock-Austin
07-01-2012, 01:38 AM
Damn right I like Tyson Kidd!

The guy has it all as far as in-ring ability goes. He can mat wrestle with the best, he knows a shed load of submissions and counters, he can fly around the ring like a cruiserweight. He's exciting to watch wrestle. The one thing I'm not sold on is his mic skills, but in all fairness, he's not had an awful lot of opportunity on that front.

The only thing counting against him (that shouldn't count against him) is his size. He's only 5"10 and 195lbs, and we all know how Vince is with his "size does matter" policy.
But having said that, Daniel Bryan's been world champ, so anything's possible I guess! I'm looking for a great showing from him at MITB!

I agree! I can't wait to see what he does at MITB, he could steal the show!

Haruko Haruhara
07-01-2012, 02:12 AM

In my opinion, and I am just saying, in my opinion. He is here to be a spot and bump filler. Much like Sin Cara was in the last MITB match. Nothing more nothing less. I think he is in it because Even Bourne is out.

Tomsta666
07-01-2012, 02:16 AM
Well, I don't dislike him?

Haruko Haruhara
07-01-2012, 02:21 AM
I just want to point out in this forum, without dropping a name, this Forum is about Tyson Kidd. There is one mature, intelligent fan here, besides me of course.

This fan is a Tyson Kidd fan and we had a spirted, verbal, debate over Kidd before.

Someone here just made a funny negative statement about Kidd and this fan responded like a adult. Reason why I say this because I've seen MANY people get down right bent over such things. Cry, attack and throw fits.

It's refreshing to see such maturity and unbutthurtmenship.

My hats off to you sir and I'm sure its not difficult to figure out who I was referring too.

Thank-you

And take notes children

And I was being serious. His hair pissed me off every time he was on TV to the point I would change the channel. I am not trying to troll or be a child or make anyone say any negative remarks. You asked a question and I gave my honest answer. His hair pissed me off and I have not been able to stand him ever since.

XxJPPRxX
07-01-2012, 02:28 AM

I agree i can see him stealing the show as well.

Darkside Ron Garvin
07-01-2012, 02:50 AM
And I was being serious. His hair pissed me off every time he was on TV to the point I would change the channel. I am not trying to troll or be a child or make anyone say any negative remarks. You asked a question and I gave my honest answer. His hair pissed me off and I have not been able to stand him ever since.

Don't worry Haruko, it did the same for me. I wouldn't turn the channel cuz I loved watching him wrestle, but man was that horrible. I guess it was to generate more heat for them (The Dynasty) as heels, but it just made him look stupid. Tyson is one of my favorite wrestlers in the E at the moment and I am glad they will be using him on a PPV such as MITB. I was kind of hoping that he would keep being overlooked long enough to get fed up and leave... So he could go to the X Division and bring some depth to a depleted division that needs Kidd more than the E needs him to fill a spot for MITB. Kidd fits the X Division much more than he fits the IC title picture at the moment (my opinion). Plus the idea of Harry Smith following him makes me happy :D

And to Stevie, I agree with you that it is nice to see people not get pissed off because people don't agree with them. Smart conversation is always more fun to have than useless slanger and bitchfests. But we all know Tommy has a good head when it comes to being in the forums. From what I have read of his stuff, he comes across as being here for the same reasons as guys like myself and you... And even Haruko. Just to talk shop about wrestling and our opinions on it.

Playboy Stevie V
07-01-2012, 03:02 AM

No no no! Not knocking you. It was funny as Hell. I was trying to point out Tommys response as an example to some drama queens I have ran into in these forums lately.

PS Tysons hair was real fruity and terrible. Im with you on that bro.

blink
07-01-2012, 03:11 AM
I like Kidd but I like swagger more so I was a bit upset to see jack fall to him. I remember when Kidd was in that cage match with Jericho. That match made me his fan! Can't wait to see what he brings to MItB. Hopefully he has a breakout performance and is pushed to a miscarriage title afterwards.

Peter Kaymakcian
07-01-2012, 03:17 AM
I like him as a tag team wrestler at best. He hasn't ever shown me the mic skills needed for me to put him in any type of singles situation whether it be the midcard or main event. I'd like to see him and Justin Gabriel get more of a push in the tag team division. Give them a new gimmick with a manager or valet.

eboy
07-01-2012, 03:24 AM
I agree that Tyson Kidd's style is brilliant, the mix between mat and highflying styles make his matches exciting to watch, the things that go against Kidd, is I feel like WWE broke up the Hart Dynasty too soon, they had a chance to a truly great modern day tag team, and then there inevitable meltdown would have done a lot more for Kidd and Smith for that matter. that being said Kidd is a great wrestler, trained in the dungeon (invaluable in the Wrestling world) and we don't really know too much about him, what makes him tick, so they can build a gimmick around him.

Viperfish
07-01-2012, 03:25 AM
People are on his nuts right now because of the dive he took at Over the Limit. I have to admit, I had the same reaction as the crowd that night when he did that. I have a feeling WWE liked that reaction and that's why he's showing up on TV. I don't have anything against a guy letting his in-ring work do the talking but he's in Morrison territory as far as not connecting with people and the lack of mic ability, and that's not going to help elevate him.

He really needs the announcers to build him up, but I don't think they know how to do that anymore. Being the final graduate of the Hart Dungeon should be a really big deal and should be played up by the announcers. Shoot, give him Natty Neidhart and give her a character... ride this wave of writers actually giving a fuck about the females on the roster and fans giving a fuck back. Eve got interesting as an administrative assistant or whatever she was doing, Rosa Mendes has been far more important along side Epico and Primo than she was as a wrestler and AJ is part of an upcoming WWE championship match as a referee. Kharma's got instant care status when she finally comes back... let's give Natty some relevance and stick her with Kidd.

Haruko Haruhara
07-01-2012, 03:34 AM
No no no! Not knocking you. It was funny as Hell. I was trying to point out Tommys response as an example to some drama queens I have ran into in these forums lately.

PS Tysons hair was real fruity and terrible. Im with you on that bro.

I understand haha

MachoManFan
07-01-2012, 03:42 AM
I like Kidd's in ring work but he's a complete charisma vaccuum. He'll be a great addition to MitB but if he wins I'll eat my hat. (It's a black and red check trilby.)

Snair
07-01-2012, 04:21 AM
He's a great wrestler,can put up a great match with almost everyone.He just needs to get some mic time on SD!

The Phantom Menace
07-01-2012, 05:37 AM
Finally! I was happy to see Tyson Kidd actually used & I'm willing to bet he'll steal the match & maybe the show the same way Shelton Benjamin used to. You guys make to big a deal out of mic skills, Bret wasn't the best on the mic & didn't have to be cause he did most of his talking in the ring(where it mattered).

Kenny Kaos
07-01-2012, 07:13 AM
I like high flying wrestlers. I like technical wrestlers. I like Tyson Kidd

The Brown One
07-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Hes a great wrestler, and has been from the start. I'm glad they've allowed him to have the number of matches hes been having on the main shows and PPVs recently. If they give him a mic, and put him into a good storyline, his career can really take off. At MITB, I can see him doing some spots, and maybe taking a huge bump, like Shelton did every year.

steveorton
07-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Tyson Kidd what's not to like :D

The Kidd amazing in the ring and always has great matches. He deserves a run at/with the US title at least.

BadAndy
07-01-2012, 09:33 AM
What's not to like? He's the best there is, the best there....well, no he's not. BUT he is a technically sound wrestler and doesn't appear to just have a set of moves that he goes through, cough cough Ryder, and then he's done. His mic skills are ok, but I see him like a Ziggler or Bryan that weren't great but have gotten better given time and the chance.

Mr Punk
07-01-2012, 10:26 AM
His mic skills have certainly improved though from his days in the Hart Dynasty.

NOW

http://youtu.be/Enss7DtZBa0

http://youtu.be/k15Y74UvKYA

Mr Punk
07-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Also he started to have a good little fued with Michael McGillicutty on NXT.

http://youtu.be/gwdLD7SypqE

Cabers
07-01-2012, 11:24 AM

The best wrestler the WWE has right now this generations HBK and they have been doing nothing with him until now!

BadAndy
07-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Wow, great improvement on the part of Kidd AND McGillicuty on the mic. So WWE creative might not be the most dynamic, but I can point to about a dozen plus wrestlers that have the ability to keep this business going for a long time. Real talent from both these guys and more.

Also I feel I should say that Kidd and many others have the ability to break the damn mold that Vince seems to have in mind.

HeelTurn
07-01-2012, 03:13 PM
They guy has talent no doubt. His teaming with Gabriel should offer some potentially good matches, ans he will no doubt be the Shelton Benjamin of the MITB match.

Pumpkinhead
07-01-2012, 04:07 PM
They guy has talent no doubt. His teaming with Gabriel should offer some potentially good matches, ans he will no doubt be the Shelton Benjamin of the MITB match.

I hope this doesn't come true because that will mean he won't go anywhere :0

HeelTurn
07-01-2012, 04:07 PM

Its sad but I can see it happening, at least he will get some great PPV matches under his belt and possible a mid-card title run.

BadAndy
07-01-2012, 07:46 PM

You beat me to the punch on that one. Of all the wrestlers that they have dropped the ball on, he ranks as one of the top. I'd hate to see Kidd, who does have just as much if not more talent than Benjamin, go completely to waste. While I do see it a little hard to give him the main title strap I could see him with the US Title or Intercontinental Title easily.

Machomadness97
07-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Tyson Kidd has a lot of talent. He should be used more and he is very technical in the ring.

VanHooliganX
07-01-2012, 08:43 PM
I like watching Kidd. Not that amazing on the mic but a pleasure to watch him in the ring :)

scribbler_jones
07-01-2012, 11:30 PM
People are on his nuts right now because of the dive he took at Over the Limit. I have to admit, I had the same reaction as the crowd that night when he did that. I have a feeling WWE liked that reaction and that's why he's showing up on TV. I don't have anything against a guy letting his in-ring work do the talking but he's in Morrison territory as far as not connecting with people and the lack of mic ability, and that's not going to help elevate him.

He really needs the announcers to build him up, but I don't think they know how to do that anymore. Being the final graduate of the Hart Dungeon should be a really big deal and should be played up by the announcers. Shoot, give him Natty Neidhart and give her a character... ride this wave of writers actually giving a fuck about the females on the roster and fans giving a fuck back. Eve got interesting as an administrative assistant or whatever she was doing, Rosa Mendes has been far more important along side Epico and Primo than she was as a wrestler and AJ is part of an upcoming WWE championship match as a referee. Kharma's got instant care status when she finally comes back... let's give Natty some relevance and stick her with Kidd.

Late to the party again, but totally agree.

malvec
07-02-2012, 01:52 PM
He's in there to lose his spot to Cody Rhodes in a future smackdown. But if that doesn't happen, then yay him.