PDA

View Full Version : Undertaker Missing WM27? Streak Maintained?

Rich Cranium
11-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Latest reports indicate Undertaker may be out 4-6 months possibly missing WM27 so the streak may stay alive. Do you think he'll be able to make WM? He is obviously a mainstay of the card so what are your thoughts on this matter?

SaberToothTigerz
11-11-2010, 08:49 PM
F*#- you
i was gonna make a thread about this topic...

Rich Cranium
11-11-2010, 09:07 PM
F*#- you

Excuse me?

Bodom
11-11-2010, 09:11 PM
F*#- you

Really guy?

Really?

Control yourself.

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Really guy?

Really?

Control yourself.

At least he didn't google search for a lolz cat sayin fu.

TimWeld18
11-11-2010, 10:28 PM
getting back on topic, idk if i like the looks of this. if he misses WM, its would suck. if he can be there, even in a limited fashion, ill be happy about it. WM with no Taker is like Gabriel Iglesias without the fluffy.

ToWhomItConcerns.
11-11-2010, 10:28 PM
i doubt he'll miss Mania unless he absolutely has to.

if he does miss it then i won't be watching (i can't say i won't buy it since i never do anyways)

nrb6304
11-11-2010, 11:53 PM
i doubt he'll miss Mania unless he absolutely has to.

if he does miss it then i won't be watching (i can't say i won't buy it since i never do anyways)

Why? I mean YES the Undertaker is an AWESOME talent, one of the best ever.....but why would him NOT being there make you want to NOT watch. Don't you already know he's gonna win? You have to....right?

IDK I just don't understand why the one match on the card you ALREADY KNOW THE OUTCOME OF not being on the card would make you not wanna watch the event....

Bodom
11-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Why? I mean YES the Undertaker is an AWESOME talent, one of the best ever.....but why would him NOT being there make you want to NOT watch. Don't you already know he's gonna win? You have to....right?

IDK I just don't understand why the one match on the card you ALREADY KNOW THE OUTCOME OF not being on the card would make you not wanna watch the event....

Maybe so, but during the match they always make it seem like he MIGHT lose. Yeah you know he'll still win, but they always find a way to put a little tiny bit of doubt in your head.

Not watching because Undertaker won't be there may be a bit of an exaggeration, but Wrestlemania just isn't Wrestlemania without Undertaker.

thesubverse
11-12-2010, 12:02 AM
He's missed WrestleManias before. The world won't end, I promise.

Bodom
11-12-2010, 12:05 AM

An absolutely correct statement, the show will go on.

Although when he missed one it was before the "streak" was as big a deal as it is now.

ToWhomItConcerns.
11-12-2010, 12:42 AM

my reasoning is simple: because i don't give a damn about WWE or anybody in WWE except Taker...not enough to pay $50-$70 for Mania.
i've been saying for years that once Taker and Shawn Michaels retire i'm done with wrestling (although i'll still pay attention to the HoF and Mania if its a good card). HBK is already retired so now i'm just waiting for Taker.

and yes we all know Taker is more than likely never gonna lose but does that make the matches any less good? IMO Mania isn't about who wins or loses (except Taker matches) its more quality of the match that matters to me.

i wasn't too excited about Mania this year anyways whether Taker was wrestling or not since the main names being thrown around to wrestle him were Shemus and Wade.....i'm gonna be honest i can't remember his last night right now. anyways had Cena or Jericho's name been the main 2 in the rumors i'd be pretty hype as i'd need to see Cena lose at Mania (and not be in a title match) and a Taker/Jericho Mania match would be great.

AndyWonder
11-12-2010, 12:50 AM
If he misses it, it's just a spot that can be filled by a newcomer. He's been in 18 Wrestlemanias as it is.

SaberToothTigerz
11-12-2010, 04:24 AM
i forgot to put lol at the end of what i said and now everyone thinks i was rly mad ._. oh well sorry..

The Mountie
11-12-2010, 05:09 AM
An absolutely correct statement, the show will go on.

Although when he missed one it was before the "streak" was as big a deal as it is now.

I agree... and there is his physical state to think about too. With each passing year it will no doubt get worse, thereby diluting his ability to put on a great match. I said on another thread recently that I think Taker's streak reached its pinnacle this year. Unfortunately, it will never be bettered due to the calibre of available opponent (which is very unlikely to match, nevermind surpass, that of 'Mr. WrestleMania' Shawn Michaels), Taker's age/health and the fact that the stakes will probably never be as high as the Streak verses Career stipulation again. Ideally, I would like to see UT's streak extend to 20-0 before he retires but the final two wins could end up being of poor quality when compared with previous years... especially if we have to wait until 2012 for 19-0 and 2013 for 20-0. It's a shame really... but regardless of this, I wouldn't advise Taker to push his rehab and return in 2011 before he's ready: it would probably just be a two minute squash and he could end up re-injuring himself, thus shaving off more precious time from what little remains of his top-line career.

SgtGohan
11-12-2010, 07:08 AM
Maybe so, but during the match they always make it seem like he MIGHT lose. Yeah you know he'll still win, but they always find a way to put a little tiny bit of doubt in your head.

Not watching because Undertaker won't be there may be a bit of an exaggeration, but Wrestlemania just isn't Wrestlemania without Undertaker.
Indeed i know he will win but still when the opponent uses a finisher on undertaker or something like that i still mark out to see if he wins

daverende5
11-12-2010, 10:31 AM

How do you know the world doesn't end?

I'll be happy if he makes a one-night return.