PDA

View Full Version : John Cena's Top 50 Matches

Dameduse823
06-29-2012, 10:30 PM
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/6911/wwe-com-lists-john-cenas-top-50-matches

This is from the main page.

Ok, I'm not going to go though the whole list because I can't even recall 60% of these matches but JBL vs Cena at wrestlemania is at the bottom of the list? Now I'm not a big Cena fan but I have always been a huge Bradshaw fan and the series of matches he had with Cena were some of the best of cenas career. The matches between those two are to this day some of the only matches that I actually enjoy seeing Cena in. And its topped by Cena vs Morrison and Miz? Or the lumberjack match with Sabu? Thats a joke.

No_1eddiefan
06-29-2012, 10:40 PM
I agree JBL-Cena should have been higher.

I find it ridiculous that the Bragging Rights Iron Man match is 3rd, above Cena-Michaels at WM23 (which is 9th?!?!), Cena-Punk at MITB 2011 and Cena-Trips at WM22.

To add to the Cena-HBK at WM23, how does Umaga-Cena at RR 2007 beat that?!

My top five would go as such:

1. Cena-HBK- Raw in London 2007
2. Cena-Punk- MITB 2011
3. Cena-Edge- Unforgiven 2006
4. Cena-HBK- WM23
5. Cena-Trips- WM22

I'd definitely have Cena-JBL in the top 10 too. And Cena-Rock in the top 10 as well, which I thought was a brilliant match.

supergoing
06-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Slightly shocked that the fatal four way from Backlash 2007 isn't on there at all. I legit think it's one of his top ten matches.

I agree Cena-JBL should be higher as well, thought they had great chemistry working together. I'm pleasantly surprised that others feel this way too, seeing that JBL matches tend to get shit on by the workrate pervs.

IrkenInvader
06-30-2012, 12:20 AM
I'm surprised they found more than 30 matches that wren't the exact same match as the one before it.

Playboy Stevie V
06-30-2012, 12:33 AM
Dont remember the exact ppv or year, but i remember John Cena vs Bobby Lashley being a big deal after Lashleys monster push. I didnt see that match on the list.

LegendsMadeWrestling
06-30-2012, 12:34 AM
LOL!! this list just makes me laugh as much as i hate John Cena this guy does not even have a top ten best matches LOL!!! he only has 6 best Matches in his career that's it let me run them down for you

1. Cm Punk vs John Cena

2. The Rock vs John Cena

3.Shawn Michaels vs John Cena

4. JBL vs John Cena

5. Triple H vs John Cena

6. Edge vs John Cena

It's stupid how WWE makes the most fucken retarted list especially to a guy who doesn't even Entertain people over the age of 15 so the list I made were and are the only matches people will remember from John "Same O'l Shit" Cena why cuz those 6 actual wrestling entertainers were Supermans KRYPTONITE NUFF SAID JOHN CENA TOP 50 Matches just LAUGHABLE.

thedag
06-30-2012, 12:51 AM
LOL!! this list just makes me laugh as much as i hate John Cena this guy does not even have a top ten best matches LOL!!! he only has 6 best Matches in his career that's it let me run them down for you

1. Cm Punk vs John Cena

2. The Rock vs John Cena

4. JBL vs John Cena

5. Triple H vs John Cena

6. Edge vs John Cena

It's stupid how WWE makes the most fucken retarted list especially to a guy who doesn't even Entertain people over the age of 15 so the list I made were and are the only matches people will remember from John "Same O'l Shit" Cena why cuz those 6 actual wrestling entertainers were Supermans KRYPTONITE NUFF SAID JOHN CENA TOP 50 Matches just LAUGHABLE.

you are more childish then most cena fans.

SLEEPY LOCO1
06-30-2012, 01:02 AM

1. Cm Punk vs John Cena

2. The Rock vs John Cena

4. JBL vs John Cena

5. Triple H vs John Cena

6. Edge vs John Cena

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4763157990867347&id=ee6e6784ed548542778ae6b89fa5a7a8

Dameduse823
06-30-2012, 01:06 AM

1. Cm Punk vs John Cena

2. The Rock vs John Cena

4. JBL vs John Cena

5. Triple H vs John Cena

6. Edge vs John Cena

.............No. No to everything you just said. I get it if you don't like Cena, but if you can honestly say with a straight face that a guy with a ten year career that had mainly focused around the biggest names in the industry doesnt' have enough good matches for a top 50 list the your either delusional or just a complete idiot

Playboy Stevie V
06-30-2012, 01:12 AM
LMAO! I just reread the list and a Great Khali match is on it. Again LMAO!

I bet this is the first time Khali has been on a list that didn't start with "The Top ** Worst"

WTF? That just takes a lot of credibility out of certain someone's caliber of matches.

Imo

I'm not a Cena basher, but thats terrible to have THAT in your top 50.

Double Axehandle
06-30-2012, 01:28 AM
After reading that pitiful list including the awesome mat technician Khali its really obvious the writer of the list doesn't care.

I'm very surprised Vince didnt just add Cena vs Cena to the list.

We could call it the 10 moves of doom match.

Playboy Stevie V
06-30-2012, 01:44 AM
Okay i read it for the third time. No Cena vs Big Johnny or Michael Cole? That cant possibly be worse then Cena vs Khali.

Dameduse823
06-30-2012, 01:50 AM
Okay i read it for the third time. No Cena vs Big Johnny or Michael Cole? That cant possibly be worse then Cena vs Khali.

You know I always laugh when people bad mouth the Khali/cena matches, they were horrendous when you look at it from a technical view but all you Cena haters should have loved seeing him get tossed around and manhandled like a jobber.

Playboy Stevie V
06-30-2012, 01:54 AM
You know I always laugh when people bad mouth the Khali/cena matches, they were horrendous when you look at it from a technical view but all you Cena haters should have loved seeing him get tossed around and manhandled like a jobber.

No disrespect. Cena is the Hulk of this generation, but if i were him I would have gotten on the horn and said "get Khali off that effin list for the love of god!"

That makes the list look terrible. Imo

I'm actually saying his match with Big Johnny was better. That's how pathetic Khali vs Cena was.

KJ PUNK
06-30-2012, 02:06 AM
I agree with the top 2. Other than that, it could use some serious rearranging.

Playboy Stevie V
06-30-2012, 02:08 AM
Look at it this way. If any other WWE wrestler had a top 50 in the last 10yrs I can guarantee a match with Khali would not be on that list.

Undertaker vs Khali? Hell no!
Triple H vs Khali? Whaaaaat?
Big Show vs Khali? Snore but no!
Edge vs Khali? LMAO...no!
Randy Orton vs Khali? Nope.

It's more of a knock on Khali, but it looks horrible to stretch that far to have to put Cena vs Khali on Cenas list imo.

Jerichoholic-NL
06-30-2012, 06:26 AM
Slightly shocked that the fatal four way from Backlash 2007 isn't on there at all. I legit think it's one of his top ten matches.

Indeed man, That match was AWESOME!! That last minute was shocking as hell xD

Kenny Kaos
06-30-2012, 07:34 AM
My top 3 Cena matches:

1. RVD v Cena at One Night Stand
2. CM Punk v Cena at MITB
3. Lesnar v Cena at Extreme Rules (would have been 1 if old Super Cena didn't show up!)

bartish2
06-30-2012, 08:39 AM
I'm surprised they found more than 30 matches that wren't the exact same match as the one before it.

^ this lmao

bartish2
06-30-2012, 08:40 AM

1. Cm Punk vs John Cena

2. The Rock vs John Cena

4. JBL vs John Cena

5. Triple H vs John Cena

6. Edge vs John Cena

Its no surprise, wwe.com always makes stupid lists in favour of cena just to please the god damn kids. This list like all the other ones, is a joke.

cancron
06-30-2012, 09:08 AM
Amazed they even put Cena VS RVD from one night stand on there. Especially since Cena was booed out of the building and it actually was the moment the anti-Cena movement began.

KJ PUNK
06-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Amazed they even put Cena VS RVD from one night stand on there. Especially since Cena was booed out of the building and it actually was the moment the anti-Cena movement began.

Nope. That started against Jericho in 2005. He was booed during his feuds with Jericho, Edge and HHH before One Night Stand. I mean he was practically booed outta the building after he won the Elimination Chamber.

PrimusSucks
06-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Honestly that is a good list of matches, the Cena haters are just licking their lips at this but I doubt anyone who is hating on the matches on this list have seen half of them. The list is all fucked up in terms of order though, and Cena's match with Khali is by far Khali's best match, anywhere he has been, better than any match Khali had in India, Japan, or America.

printz1224
06-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Lesnar/Cena at Extreme Rules shouldn't be included. It wasn't a match. It was Lesnar beating Clark Kent to a pulp for 20 minutes, until Superman showed up and finished in 2 seconds. May as well include his I Quit match against the Miz.

FunkyKong
06-30-2012, 12:25 PM
Lesnar/Cena at Extreme Rules shouldn't be included. It wasn't a match. It was Lesnar beating Clark Kent to a pulp for 20 minutes, until Superman showed up and finished in 2 seconds. May as well include his I Quit match against the Miz.
It was a good match. It told a good story.

I'm surprised Cena/RVD wasn't on there though.

Playboy Stevie V
06-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Now that I'm done busting Cena, Khali and the WWE's BALLS for making this list, let me tell you the 5 Cena matches that are most memorable (except for the Novelty Rock match) for me, that when I was finished watching it, I applauded.

These matches were sick regardless how anyone feels about good ol Cena imo.

5. Cena vs RVD One Night Stand
4. Cena vs Orton HIAC
3. Cena vs Edge Ladder (don't remember the PPV name)
2. Cena vs HBK Wrestlemania
1. Cena vs CM Punk MITB

Amerinaine
06-30-2012, 02:46 PM
I've said a million times that I don't like Cena's character, yet even I know that over 10 yrs a person is bound to have some damn good matches, like him, hate him or otherwise. The first match that I thought, OK that was good was Wrestlemania when he was facing Big Show for the US Title and FU'd the Big Show. Anyone who can elevate the big show in the ring as far as match quality and literally, deserves some credit.

As for his 5 MoD, he has also done better in those regards, but it is the opponent he faces that makes him better. Case in point, everyone keeps bringing up Cena v CM Punk at MitB. That is a case of Punk elevating Cena's game. Not the other way around. Still a great match, but credit is too much, wrongly, in Cena's favor.

Overall, Cena isn't actually a bad wrestler. He just isn't good either. He is about "Fair".

Playboy Stevie V
06-30-2012, 04:10 PM
I really understand why some people say CM Punk, Edge etc carried Cena during some of his greatest matches.

But let's take a look at two other legendary wrestlers in their time, who I'm gonna compare styles with Cena.

Hulk Hogan, not too many moves. Leg drop as a finisher. Most used offensive move, the punch. He had great matches with Randy Savage, Mr Perfect, Ted Dibaise. They could all out wrestle him in their sleep. Plus many others.

Lex Luger, not too many moves again. The rack or a forearm shot as a finisher. Most used move was not selling and flexing. He had great matches with Sting, Flair, Steamboat, Windham. Those guys could out wrestle most anybody. Plus others.

Cena has a unique role and I see a lot of Hogan and Luger in him.

I'm not a Cena lover, but he's not going away and if you expect him to wrestle like Bret Hart, you're just setting yourself up for a big disappointment, like I have in the past.

Got to suck it up and accept it or don't watch the WWE.

Just my Two cents.

thedag
06-30-2012, 04:15 PM
i'm not a cena fan but i never seen a bad ppv match from him.

bearkg88
06-30-2012, 04:37 PM
LMAO! I just reread the list and a Great Khali match is on it. Again LMAO!

I bet this is the first time Khali has been on a list that didn't start with "The Top ** Worst"

WTF? That just takes a lot of credibility out of certain someone's caliber of matches.

Imo

I'm not a Cena basher, but thats terrible to have THAT in your top 50.

Yeah. i reread the list twice last night, and that had me cracking up. While there are a good number of matches on the list that should be there..Cena vs Khali was not one of them

Cabers
06-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Goddamn that would be horrible to have to sit through that!

LegendsMadeWrestling
06-30-2012, 06:46 PM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4763157990867347&id=ee6e6784ed548542778ae6b89fa5a7a8

Mad LOL!!! how do you put from me saying Laughable to u mad Bro. First you ain't my bro and Second are you mad because I gave my straight true opinion about your favorite boring superestar F*** outta here

LegendsMadeWrestling
06-30-2012, 06:48 PM
you are more childish then most cena fans.

I'm childish for truly saying how Cena's career really is a joke but then yet again you go to every blog and complain about everything in the WWE while the only thing I talk shit about is Cena Yeah!! I'm really childish.

SLEEPY LOCO1
06-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Mad LOL!!! how do you put from me saying Laughable to u mad Bro. First you ain't my bro and Second are you mad because I gave my straight true opinion about your favorite boring superestar F*** outta here

Hahahahahahaha.

You sound very upset, maybe you should try to 1. Stop getting so MAD at the words on the computer. 2. Take a deep breath and then slowly exhale. 3. Have a nice day!:cool:

thedag
06-30-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm childish for truly saying how Cena's career really is a joke but then yet again you go to every blog and complain about everything in the WWE while the only thing I talk shit about is Cena Yeah!! I'm really childish.

I don't bitch about wwe.

bearkg88
06-30-2012, 08:04 PM

I think it's a joke that a few weeks back you say you are done watching WWE, and yet here you are, talking about WWE. :D

Dameduse823
06-30-2012, 08:06 PM

Dude, chill out. You gave your opinion, people disagreed. All your doing by bitching at them about it is making yourself look like a childish dick.

FunkyKong
06-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Cena vs Rob Van Dam is ranked at #15 on the list. I thought it should have been a little higher. Maybe at #8 or so.
Oh wow how could I have not seen that? My bad.

Machomadness97
06-30-2012, 09:20 PM
I have to agree with the Number #2 and #1 choice. Both matches showed Cena st his best. I have to disagree with #50 listing Cena Vs. JBL as a least favorite match. This match made the career of John Cena. He won his first Wwe championship at the event plus it is at Wrestlemania. Alongside Shawn Micheal's, Cena matches are show-sealers. I have to say that Cena Chicago brawls with the likes of Triple H were amazing. It sighted the first bad crowd reaction towards Cena. Most of the list was great but still Cena Vs. JBL deserved to move up a notch.

Bodom
07-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Glad to see Umaga vs Cena ranked as high as it was. It deserves that high spot. Umaga was a well-built monster, and his feud with Cena for the title was at the right time. Umaga had 7 months of build-up, and him facing Cena helped give off the impression that Cena's title reign was in jeapordy - during a time where "Cena in jeapordy" wasn't a joke.

Also. LOL at Cena vs Sabu at #25

HeelTurn
07-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Dissapointed the match with Edge at Backlash wasnt higher, it was pretty sweet and the best thing he did all year.