PDA

View Full Version : The Moment That Would Change The Wrestling World If Happened

kingblingbla
06-29-2012, 08:40 AM
I just heard this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvOBB65let8

John Cena's Career would change if he broke the streak.

If this were to happen......
1.Would u tune into raw the night after?
2.Would you cheer him or boo him?
3.Do you think he will get more boo's then cheers after breaking the streak?
4.Do you see it being possible for WWE to book it to where Cena wins to recover from his loss to The Rock at WM28?
5.Would you be intrested in watching the match not knowing who will win?
6.Do you think he deserves it? (he does so much for the company)

Myself, I would watch raw cause im not the guy to say "if this happened, I would never watch wrestling again". Im a fan and ill watch it. I boo him now and will contiue to boo him until he changes because he is so old, change it up cena. I respect what he does but he is boring in the ring. I think he will get more boo's and I think he would be someone that would need security around him because of so much hate. I see it being possible thinking about some of the elements (cena lost to rock, him beating taker will make that loss mean nothing) (he does so much for the company). I would be intrested in watching the match because of the crowd, and two of the biggest stars in wrestling today. I think he deserves it, do i want to see it? No, I dont because the streak is legendary and if cena beats the streak, I can only see a heel turn come out of it.

what do you think? answer the questions and say what you want to say about it.

MattTY2JHBK
06-29-2012, 09:03 AM
1. Yes, absolutely.
2. Neither, but IF the streak ever ends, I would be pissed if Cena was the winner.
3. It'll be similar, but the ones booing him now will become louder.
4. It's possible of course. But I don't think the WWE would book it.
5. YES!
6. NO! Cena is already a big star, why tarnish The Undertaker's streak? The Undertaker should remain undefeated, OR allow a younger, future star to help build a legacy.

justinjackson1983
06-29-2012, 09:08 AM
lol at the fact they are doing a wrestling podcast and not really knowing any history of the two previously! Undertaker/Cena has happened before and been on pay per view not to mention takers debut was in 1990!

I cant see this happening purely because Cena really needs a win over taker at this point in both their careers and if he did I honestly think it would be the final nail in the coffin for the majority of older fans not to mention the idea of a riot at wrestlemania

If Cena was to turn heel then I would back the idea more but that turn never seems likely to never happen and I honestly would rather see HHH/taker AGAIN then ever seeing babyface Cena going over the deadman at Wrestlemania

I would like to see (even if it is the most unlikely scenario) The Rock Vs The Undertaker, I believe there would be a fair Split in the audience,the Buyrate would be huge and If Dwayne won I cant see the Crowd rioting

Pumpkinhead
06-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Taker Streak is never going to end, Lensar is the most viable opponent for the Deadman right now, Brock loses and dissappears and Takers goes 21-0, I imagine they'll want a Cena vs Rock II with Cena winning this time

akbar
06-29-2012, 09:31 AM
If Cena defeats Takers streak then all hell would brake loose, in terms of anger of fans etc...

Pumpkinhead
06-29-2012, 09:37 AM
If Cena defeats Takers streak then all hell would brake loose, in terms of anger of fans etc...
Hell freezes, economy colapses, anarchy in the streets, Liverpool wins the PL...

pgarcia79
06-29-2012, 09:45 AM
I would like to see (even if it is the most unlikely scenario) The Rock Vs The Undertaker, I believe there would be a fair Split in the audience,the Buyrate would be huge and If Dwayne won I cant see the Crowd rioting

Unlikely scenario IMO, but if it ever did and the Rock won, he would, hands down, go down and THE GREATEST, and most accomplished professional wrestler/superstar of all time.

Gameover
06-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Hell freezes, economy colapses, anarchy in the streets, Liverpool wins the PL...

Sorry, the last one would not happen. :D

HeelTurn
06-29-2012, 09:58 AM
I wake up in a cold sweat at night worrying about such a situation....

Cena vs Taker will probably happen at Mania, but he should not win simply because he doesn't need to. Sooner or later he will break Flair's 16 world title record, not to mention the fact he has held more WWE titles than anyone ever, so he does not need to end the streak.

akbar
06-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Sun rises in the west, the moon come at day, UTD becomes better than City...damn the world would come to an end.

kingblingbla
06-29-2012, 10:05 AM
I wake up in a cold sweat at night worrying about such a situation....

Cena vs Taker will probably happen at Mania, but he should not win simply because he doesn't need to. Sooner or later he will break Flair's 16 world title record, not to mention the fact he has held more WWE titles than anyone ever, so he does not need to end the streak.

edge has held more titles then anyone in wwe.
edge - 31 titles
cena - 19 titles

HeelTurn
06-29-2012, 10:06 AM
edge has held more titles then anyone in wwe.
edge - 31 titles
cena - 19 titles

WWE titles, not US, or IC, or Tag Team...just the WWE title.

kingblingbla
06-29-2012, 10:10 AM
WWE titles, not US, or IC, or Tag Team...just the WWE title.

ok, thank your for making it more clear. yes he has held the wwe title more times. that means he lost it more times then anyone

bartish2
06-29-2012, 10:13 AM
he doesnt need to win whatsoever, moreso the match does not need to happen. Taker should retire undefeated & the only real threats anymore is lesnar & the rock. He already has 12 titles, breaking takers streak would do & prove nothing more than piss the rest of the wrestling fans off. There is no need for this match. Last good thing in wwe not tainted by cena, and it should stay that way. I`d rather see someone who actually you know is on takers level, like rock or lesnar? After facing hbk twice & then triple h twice in a row, facing cena is like a few steps down. cenas time is about up anyways, there is no need for the match to even happen as it won't do anything for him... especially if they want to keep feeding him more useless title wins. taker undefeated when he retires wwwyki, if cena won or the match even took place you know wrestling fans would get pissed and/or stop watching as then the last great thing in wwe was ruined once again by cena. WWE would officially be dead & people would riot & not watch.The only real threats & good matches we could see with the streak would be lesnar vs taker or rock vs taker... I would honestly rather see ryder vs taker than cena vs taker

CricketTragic
06-29-2012, 10:14 AM
If the Undertaker ever lost his streak I believe it would be at wrestlemania 30 and the opponents I believe would end it in order

Kane (Taker has always said he wants Kane in his last match
Cody Rhodes (The Moment Cody makes history)
Dolph Ziggler
Wade Barrett
Antonio Casero
Ryback (After finally stopping facing jobbers this would be a huge boost to Rybacks career)
Goldberg
Jericho

Personally I cant see Undertaker losing the streak ever.

This year he faces Lesner or Ziggler or Del Rio and finishes it up with lucky 21 v Kane

Pittbull
06-29-2012, 10:52 AM
The only one I could ever see taking the Streak is Stone Cold Steve Austin... but that isn't likely to happen now so if not I'd prefer Taker to go down as unbeaten at Mania. There is no sense in someone breaking it unless it was someone who could go on and make a streak of there own at WM!

I have always had the idea of when Taker is near to retiring he may be in a story line where he is training a protege who can take on a similar dark character into the future, maybe called Nightmare... I dunno WWE needs something like this!

PandaMassacre
06-29-2012, 11:09 AM
John Cena would be booed into the ground if he ended The Undertaker's streak. The streak is something that should just go unbroken. It has been built up for way too long now that nobody, not even Steve Austin or John Cena, are worthy of ending the streak. It would change wrestling forever that is for sure. I just do not think it would be very positive.

Beserker
06-29-2012, 11:10 AM
it's going to be who ever taker wants it to be but I do belive it will happen

Cabers
06-29-2012, 12:45 PM
I would hate him more for beating Undertaker that streak should hit 30-0 and then retire.

Lowki
06-29-2012, 01:17 PM
As an old school wrestler, i can't see the Undertaker EVER approving of Cena ending the streak. I'm sorry, but someone as respected as the Undertaker must be slightly pissed off at the companies direction since 2000. I know he's a company guy, but he has a lot of sway and i'm sure he has pretty much full say on his character at this point in his career.
There's tons that have become disillusioned with it; Stone Cold, Rock, Jericho (has seen his interest wain over the past several years, only returning when he has nothing planned with Fozzy), Goldberg, Batista.

It should never end. There's nobody there that deserves it and it will be hard to find anyone that will. The only person that could ever end will be the person that takes WWE to the next generation. Creative would have to be 100% sure that they have found themselves the next Austin/Hogan, because looking at the company right now, it definitely isn't Cena.

HeelTurn
06-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Taker has allegedly said before about letting Orton or Angle or maybe even Kane ending the streak. At this stage of his career when he only wrestles once a year, there is no way he will lose to someone unless he wants them to win.

kingblingbla
06-29-2012, 01:41 PM
As an old school wrestler, i can't see the Undertaker EVER approving of Cena ending the streak. I'm sorry, but someone as respected as the Undertaker must be slightly pissed off at the companies direction since 2000. I know he's a company guy, but he has a lot of sway and i'm sure he has pretty much full say on his character at this point in his career.
There's tons that have become disillusioned with it; Stone Cold, Rock, Jericho (has seen his interest wain over the past several years, only returning when he has nothing planned with Fozzy), Goldberg, Batista.

It should never end. There's nobody there that deserves it and it will be hard to find anyone that will. The only person that could ever end will be the person that takes WWE to the next generation. Creative would have to be 100% sure that they have found themselves the next Austin/Hogan, because looking at the company right now, it definitely isn't Cena.

How about CM Punk?

kingblingbla
06-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Taker has allegedly said before about letting Orton or Angle or maybe even Kane ending the streak. At this stage of his career when he only wrestles once a year, there is no way he will lose to someone unless he wants them to win.

If someone will break it, it has to be someone who is ready to take the company because a win like that will make someone's career. kane's career is almost done so not many years left and guys like Punk who has really steped it up, i can see punk beating taker (best in the world) and basing his win and saying he's the best in the world because of it.

kingblingbla
06-29-2012, 01:43 PM

ya, i think taker would know who has "IT" and who can carry the company with the fans fully behind him.

kingblingbla
06-29-2012, 01:45 PM
John Cena would be booed into the ground if he ended The Undertaker's streak. The streak is something that should just go unbroken. It has been built up for way too long now that nobody, not even Steve Austin or John Cena, are worthy of ending the streak. It would change wrestling forever that is for sure. I just do not think it would be very positive.

think of it like this......taker's career is at it's end, having someone beat him that is starting their career (miz is undefeated at mania 3-0) but have a young guy beat him and have that young guy base his future career around that win.

kingblingbla
06-29-2012, 01:46 PM
The only one I could ever see taking the Streak is Stone Cold Steve Austin... but that isn't likely to happen now so if not I'd prefer Taker to go down as unbeaten at Mania. There is no sense in someone breaking it unless it was someone who could go on and make a streak of there own at WM!

I have always had the idea of when Taker is near to retiring he may be in a story line where he is training a protege who can take on a similar dark character into the future, maybe called Nightmare... I dunno WWE needs something like this!

the second highest streak behind taker is MIZ 3-0. Miz Beat Taker?

Tommy Thunder
06-29-2012, 01:48 PM
The streak shouldn't ever be broken, and IMO, it never will be.

Period.

kingblingbla
06-29-2012, 01:54 PM

Period.

NEVER SAY NEVER

I have heard people say.....

Brock will never come back to WWE (he did)
Jeff Hardy will never come back from TNA (he did in 2006)
The Rock will never face Cena (he did)
Hogan will never face Rock (he did)
Rock will never beat Austin (he did)

NEVER SAY NEVER!!!

Tommy Thunder
06-29-2012, 02:03 PM
NEVER SAY NEVER

I have heard people say.....

Brock will never come back to WWE (he did)
Jeff Hardy will never come back from TNA (he did in 2006)
The Rock will never face Cena (he did)
Hogan will never face Rock (he did)
Rock will never beat Austin (he did)

NEVER SAY NEVER!!!

I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying it shouldn't. If it does happen I'll still disagree with it happening.

K2Jelly
06-29-2012, 02:09 PM

Period.

Same. Do you know how hard it is to get booked to win at Wrestlemania? Unless you're being pushed to the moon or you're on good terms with management, it's pretty difficult. In fact, the only person to have an undefeated streak at Wrestlemania, with more than one win, is RVD. Think about it. ALL of the legends and icons, that have been in this business, haven't even come close to it and Undertaker's managed to get 20 wins and NO LOSSES. That's something that shouldn't be ruined at all, not even for the sake of a push. And IMO, that's the accolade that separates The Undertaker from every other wrestlers that's ever laced up a pair of boots. It should definitely be left alone.

kingblingbla
06-29-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying it shouldn't. If it does happen I'll still disagree with it happening.

ya, im with you on that

Same. Do you know how hard it is to get booked to win at Wrestlemania? Unless you're being pushed to the moon or you're on good terms with management, it's pretty difficult. In fact, the only person to have an undefeated streak at Wrestlemania, with more than one win, is RVD. Think about it. ALL of the legends and icons, that have been in this business, haven't even come close to it and Undertaker's managed to get 20 wins and NO LOSSES. That's something that shouldn't be ruined at all, not even for the sake of a push. And IMO, that's the accolade that separates The Undertaker from every other wrestlers that's ever laced up a pair of boots. It should definitely be left alone.

i agree but with management, idk. they booked rock to beat cena and cena should have won because where is the rock, movies. it was a match cena should have won because cena is still with the company and rock is doing movies. they need to have round 2 and have cena win that 2nd match - then that sets up a rubber match in round 3, cena should win the series because cena is wrestling and it benifits the comany. company choice to make. what's good for business.

Tommy Thunder
06-29-2012, 02:19 PM

You hit the nail right on the head there.

Playboy Stevie V
06-29-2012, 02:37 PM
It's never gonna happen people. The streak is only going to end when the Undertaker no longer is in Wrestlemania.

I say this with the confidence of the idiot, I am, who has lost about $200 over the years betting against the Taker thinking "this is the year he gets beat."

*punches own forehead* STUPID STUPID STUPID!

kingblingbla
06-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Nah, I don't think Mark Calaway would mind if the streak was broken or not. He even wanted Randy Orton to break the streak at Wrestlemania 21 but Orton declined. I think its something he sees as putting on a great performance every year at Wrestlemania rather than the streak itself.

To be honest, I wouldn't really be bothered with the streak ending as it would be a great way to pass the torch but I can see why most people don't want the streak to end. They've built it up so well with The Undertaker being 20-0 that its something that shouldn't end now.

that's one thing i want to point out - taker wanted rko to beat him and he wanted henry to beat him at 22. with that being said, maybe taker's streak dosnt mean as much to him as people think it does.

K2Jelly
06-29-2012, 03:36 PM
that's one thing i want to point out - taker wanted rko to beat him and he wanted henry to beat him at 22. with that being said, maybe taker's streak dosnt mean as much to him as people think it does.

I never said that it meant anything to him. I simply stated that it shouldn't be broken because of how long it's been able to go on. Think about it, before the idea of 'The Streak" was even thought up or before it got noticed after going on for so long, Undertaker had to to endure Hogan's backstage politics, newcomers rising through the ranks that threatened a possible WM win and injuries to make the streak this long. That's something precious in my eyes. It's like the Holy Grail of wrestling.

kingblingbla
06-29-2012, 03:41 PM
I never said that it meant anything to him. I simply stated that it shouldn't be broken because of how long it's been able to go on. Think about it, before the idea of 'The Streak" was even thought up or before it got noticed after going on for so long, Undertaker had to to endure Hogan's backstage politics, newcomers rising through the ranks that threatened a possible WM win and injuries to make the streak this long. That's something precious in my eyes. It's like the Holy Grail of wrestling.

i said before, and ill say it again. i believe taker should stay undefeated but i would love to go thru the experience of him losing and witnesing what it would be like with the reaction, and everything. but i want to see him stay undefeated. just that little side of me says i want to go thru that experience

Edgehead_14
06-29-2012, 07:20 PM
The question being asked here is what if the streak breaks. It would change the wrestling world surely and shake up a nation of wrestling fans alike. It would be a riot certainly but a man that I think can break the streak is John Cena. Has all the criteria of stepping up to the big man and accomplishing yet another achievement in his lengthy accomplishments. I hope that streak is never broken by anybody because I would lose faith in the Wwe. Hopefully the 'E would make a smart move and save the streak from destruction.

-Edgehead_14

CricketTragic
06-29-2012, 08:41 PM

This right here

Grind_Bastard
06-29-2012, 08:45 PM
I always repeat the same: after 20-0, Taker should retire. The image of him, HHH and Shawn hugging at the top of the ramp was the perfect ending for Taker's streak and career.

However, if he accepts to keep competing, I'd hate the streak to be broken.

Pittbull
06-30-2012, 09:54 AM
You have to see it in terms of if taker was to lose the streak what then? Would he retire after the career he has had to a defeat? That outcome doesn't make sense... Maybe that's why he wanted to lose it abit ago so it's out of the way.

BadAndy
06-30-2012, 10:29 AM
The kids these days don't really have a clue about the Undertaker except for video games and the little bit of time leading up to WM. They also look at things differently than adults when it comes to wrestling. If Cena were to end the streak but not in a heelish way then his pop would be the same. He'd have the kids and girls cheering him on and the guys booing him.

As for me, I could really care less about him. I could care less about the streak at this point. I think that it has lost authenticity with the fact that Taker only comes in once a year to wrestle. It's like the episode of King of the Hill where Bill loses his TD record when a high school football player tears his ACL and is allowed to walk into the end zone for the record. Taker shows up one night a year to walk into the end zone. Granted, he usually puts on a good show.

PandaMassacre
06-30-2012, 10:45 AM
The kids these days don't really have a clue about the Undertaker except for video games and the little bit of time leading up to WM. They also look at things differently than adults when it comes to wrestling. If Cena were to end the streak but not in a heelish way then his pop would be the same. He'd have the kids and girls cheering him on and the guys booing him.

As for me, I could really care less about him. I could care less about the streak at this point. I think that it has lost authenticity with the fact that Taker only comes in once a year to wrestle. It's like the episode of King of the Hill where Bill loses his TD record when a high school football player tears his ACL and is allowed to walk into the end zone for the record. Taker shows up one night a year to walk into the end zone. Granted, he usually puts on a good show.

He is getting up there with injuries and age. He usually puts 110% into his WM matches. I miss having him around regularly, but by this point The Undertaker is just like every other legend that just wants to stay home and sleep while spending time with their families. I agree with everything else you said. I do not think that it will change much of anything either if 'Takers streak suddenly ends at the hands of Cena.