PDA

View Full Version : Australia v England ODI

CricketTragic
06-29-2012, 08:33 AM
Firstly, I find it a little strange that Australia is doing a one day tour of England without the ashes being contested. With that being said is anyone interested in this five game series?

akbar
06-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Hmm...I'll watch it because Cricket is in my blood and I love it but with he Aussies losing their old magic the feud between these 2 countries have died down abit.

CricketTragic
06-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Hmm...I'll watch it because Cricket is in my blood and I love it but with he Aussies losing their old magic the feud between these 2 countries have died down abit.

Australia are still world No 1 in ODI so should be interesting though i think 270 will be enough to wrap up game 1

akbar
06-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Australia are still world No 1 in ODI so should be interesting though i think 270 will be enough to wrap up game 1
270 is par in a ODI so it's all too play for I reckon, Smith will be key, depends how much his on too smack it around today.

CricketTragic
06-29-2012, 10:18 AM
270 is par in a ODI so it's all too play for I reckon, Smith will be key, depends how much his on too smack it around today.

On this pitch I feel 270 is slightly above par and if australia do win they need the 2 W's firing

akbar
06-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Hmm Englands got the upper hand right now but like I said Smith could change the game, while that is a long shot it could happen lol. Saying that, one more wicket and it's game set match.

CricketTragic
06-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Hmm Englands got the upper hand right now but like I said Smith could change the game, while that is a long shot it could happen lol. Saying that, one more wicket and it's game set match.

So England win and its 1-0 but I think its far from over and I would like to add that its great to see cricket on free to air and also F&@K the olympics for postponing the cricket but next year will be the nuts 2 ashes series in 10 months

Robstar
06-29-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm so over cricket right now. I'm a bit sick of the media treating sports stars like cricketers and swimmers as celebrities and not simply 'sporting personalities', a term I prefer. It's made me see the game a bit differently - but I'll probably still watch come the Aussie summer. :) Have they dropped Ponting yet? I hate that guy

Snair
06-30-2012, 12:48 AM
I'm glad that they are doing 5 match series instead of 7 match series.I'm looking forward to it since both teams are evenly matched as far as experience factor goes.

Snair
06-30-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm so over cricket right now. I'm a bit sick of the media treating sports stars like cricketers and swimmers as celebrities and not simply 'sporting personalities', a term I prefer. It's made me see the game a bit differently - but I'll probably still watch come the Aussie summer. :) Have they dropped Ponting yet? I hate that guy

He retired from the shorter format early Jan :D

Tomsta666
06-30-2012, 09:37 AM
I nearly fell asleep from reading the thread title alone :P

B-MCINTYRE
06-30-2012, 07:09 PM
get out of my country!! :p

Robstar
06-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Ugh. I suppose you like Lara Bingle BMac?

B-MCINTYRE
07-01-2012, 06:31 AM
Ugh. I suppose you like Lara Bingle BMac?
Nope. She's plain annoying...

CricketTragic
07-02-2012, 08:04 AM
I nearly fell asleep from reading the thread title alone :P

Now that would not be in the spirit of cricket, how rude :P

CricketTragic
07-02-2012, 08:07 AM
I'm glad that they are doing 5 match series instead of 7 match series.I'm looking forward to it since both teams are evenly matched as far as experience factor goes.

Yes it has lived up to be a decent series but I think game three will hit another gear

CricketTragic
07-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Yes it has lived up to be a decent series but I think game three will hit another gear

LOL at myself I predict game three would lift a gear and it got abandoned. Anyways at my local tab Australia is favourite to win, are you kidding me?

CricketTragic
07-08-2012, 10:21 PM
So England has dominated Australia leading the 5 match series 3-0 with an abandoned game.

Lucky for Australia that they cant lose the top rating yet as England had to win 5-0 but is this a prelude to the ashes?

Robstar
07-08-2012, 11:36 PM
I think the answer is probably yes. Are they playing it out here or in England next?

CricketTragic
07-08-2012, 11:44 PM
I think the answer is probably yes. Are they playing it out here or in England next?

England next year