PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think?

CreatureOfTheNight
06-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Me and a friend of mine were talking about how we think HBK is the best in ring performer of all time. And then an idea popped in my head. WWE releasing a DVD set with every televised match that HBK has ever had. That would be a very lengthy set, a lot of DVD's but I think that it'd definitely be a must buy. All of the matches HBK ever had and I believe he never had a bad match. He also wrestled long enough to have a long enough of a set for make. Then I got to thinking, who else could be worthy enough to have a DVD set that huge. 2 names came to mind, Undertaker and Bret.
My friend is doesn't like Bret Hart and finds him boring, mostly because he's very simple minded and can't looking past flips, and moonsaults. I believe Bret is in the top 2 technical wrestlers of all time and his matches prove it. What he didn't do with flips and aerial stuff he made up for skill and story telling. So with this being said,

1. What would you think about WWE doing DVD sets like this, with every match a wrestler ever had for them and outside of WWE, televised of course.

2. Who would you like a set like that for?

3. Do you think Bret Hart deserves a DVD set like that for himself?

GreatMuta4life
06-29-2012, 12:07 AM
While a set like that would be amazing, and HBK Hart and Taker deserve the treatment, those sets would literally be a hundred discs or more. That's for way too niche a market for WWE to ever produce that. But that's what youtube is for.

Tommy Thunder
06-29-2012, 12:08 AM
Mate, the chances of a DVD set with all of HBK's matches on would be like over a 100 DVD's long!
To answer your questions:

1) As epics as it would be to have that, the chances of WWE making a set of any wrester's entire match collection is slim to none!

2) If it were possible, who would I like to see it done for? HBK for sure, Chris Jericho, Ricky Steamboat, Sting, Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero are just some that I'd personally like to see.

3) Would Bret Hart deserve a similar DVD set? of course he would.

jai
06-29-2012, 03:49 AM
I think that John Cena also deserves such a set. I also think that Benoit should have every match he had released on DVD, all the way up to the surveillance footage from his house. That would be sweet.

You suck. Cena DVDs suck.

URATOOL
06-29-2012, 04:54 AM
You suck. Cena DVDs suck.

Yet they still sell by the truck load. What was the last impressive thing you produced?

82Tucker
06-29-2012, 05:22 AM
Pretty sick comment about Benoit's surveillance footage. I mean is that type of comment needed?

Kenny Kaos
06-29-2012, 07:01 AM
I think (hope) he was trying to be sarcastic!

I think thats what "best of" DVD's are for. I'm sure they would go over every match said wrestler wanted in their best of DVD, maybe make it a 4/5 disc set at the most. Thats still around 20 hours worth of matches. I'm sure that would be enough to satisfy the biggest fan of HBK/Brett/Taker whoever

HeelTurn
06-29-2012, 07:16 AM
I like the idea of best of TV matches, since PPVs are already available on dvds.

Blinker
06-29-2012, 08:13 AM
I know the WWE wouldn't make a complete set due to many reasons, but you can't rule it out based just on the disk count. Some sets would probably reach the 100+ DVD (9gb) count, but that would only be roughly 20+ Blu Rays (50gb Dual Layer). I KNOW, 20+ Blu Ray sets would not be cheap, for them to make or for us to buy, but it's not like they haven't produced 20 disc collections before (Wrestlemania, Summerslam, and Royal Rumble Anthology). That being said.

1. I would love to have a complete collection of my favorite wrestlers.

2. HBK, Undertaker, Bret, Benoit, Macho Man, Sting, Sabu

3. Of course Bret deserves a complete collection.

justinjackson1983
06-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Me and a friend of mine were talking about how we think HBK is the best in ring performer of all time. And then an idea popped in my head. WWE releasing a DVD set with every televised match that HBK has ever had. That would be a very lengthy set, a lot of DVD's but I think that it'd definitely be a must buy. All of the matches HBK ever had and I believe he never had a bad match. He also wrestled long enough to have a long enough of a set for make. Then I got to thinking, who else could be worthy enough to have a DVD set that huge. 2 names came to mind, Undertaker and Bret.
My friend is doesn't like Bret Hart and finds him boring, mostly because he's very simple minded and can't looking past flips, and moonsaults. I believe Bret is in the top 2 technical wrestlers of all time and his matches prove it. What he didn't do with flips and aerial stuff he made up for skill and story telling. So with this being said,

1. What would you think about WWE doing DVD sets like this, with every match a wrestler ever had for them and outside of WWE, televised of course.

2. Who would you like a set like that for?

3. Do you think Bret Hart deserves a DVD set like that for himself?

1.) Impossible because of the length of matches, HBK/Bret hart at wm alone would take up half of a dvd not to mention every other long match he was involved in, from his debut to his retirement you are looking at 1000's of matches. how big would that dvd case have to be...then take into consideration the removal of any chris benoit match so then not ALL of his matches would be featured thus making th whole idea exspensive and pointless. your gonna have to relive the magic on youtube

2.) like I said your other idea cant happen but in terms of general dvd releases I would like a collection of booker T's career on dvd, a decent DVD created of the Ultimate Warrior (not a complete burial like the last one) another jake the snake collection and a more modern version of 'beyond the mat' (if anyone has'nt watched that get on youtube this second its a must if your a wrestling fan)

3.) if the Idea could (and I say it loosely)happen then yes Bret Hart is a true legend

Cabers
06-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Oh lordy that would be a long as collection of DVDs maybe have HBK himself pick his top 50 matches and release that. Maybe another that had him win championships.

Edgehead_14
06-29-2012, 06:51 PM
It would be amazing to release a tape such as this. It would get Shawn more fans than he would had have if he did not retire. His comical jokes amazed everyone and a tape would make us the wrestling fans relive these events of his career. I think it would take 5-7 tapes to fit all of Shawn matches. I am really excited and I am hoping it will be released soon enough show I could relive history. I am going to try to write a memoir on Shawn Micheal's and his memorable career. Can't wait to see Shawn back in action-DVD style!!!

- Edgehead_14