PDA

View Full Version : The Undertaker's WM Streak

Pages : [1] 2

FaceOfSpades
11-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Should he just thrash his last opponent leading to a dq?

The Mountie
11-11-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't think they will ever end Taker's streak now. I love The Undertaker but his WrestleMania streak isn't that exciting anymore. It reached its peak this year and will never surpass it in my opinion. If guys like top Shawn Michaels and Triple H couldn't break it, then is there anyone of a bigger main-event standard who can? I like where you're coming from in saying that nobody could beat Taker at Mania unless his temper ran wild and he got DQ'd... very smart, but I don't see it happening. Vince won't end it now and I doubt Taker would run with the idea. All being well, he will probaly make 20-0 before retiring. What do you think?

SgtGohan
11-11-2010, 04:03 PM
i hope he gets to 20-0 else 19-0 would be in order. i do hope jericho still gets to face him though

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I have a question: Why would he end his own streak?

FaceOfSpades
11-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I have a question: Why would he end his own streak?

it will never be duplicated and besides what the hell is the point? prestige? being on vinces good side for most of 20 years is prestigious. *OOOOH he never lost at wrestlemania*...but he lost everywhere else. when we wanted that huge undertaker win he has let us down before. to hell with a streak in a sport where results are pre determined. His body is ravaged from dedication to this pre determined sport and i respect that a million times more than a streak. not to mention him ending his own streak would perhaps be the biggest swerve ever...right?

FaceOfSpades
11-11-2010, 04:31 PM
I don't think they will ever end Taker's streak now. I love The Undertaker but his WrestleMania streak isn't that exciting anymore. It reached its peak this year and will never surpass it in my opinion. If guys like top Shawn Michaels and Triple H couldn't break it, then is there anyone of a bigger main-event standard who can? I like where you're coming from in saying that nobody could beat Taker at Mania unless his temper ran wild and he got DQ'd... very smart, but I don't see it happening. Vince won't end it now and I doubt Taker would run with the idea. All being well, he will probaly make 20-0 before retiring. What do you think?

i think ur right i doubt would lose but with that scenario he still would have never been pinned. hell he even got one of his wins by dq.

Dameduse823
11-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Should he just thrash his last opponent leading to a dq?

Its an interesting idea, and I could see it working if he had a few good solid years left in him to build up a major storyline. But with teh shape he's in and the fact that he works a very light reduced schedule I don't see this happening in any way that would make sense

Tommy Thunder
11-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdomm on this matter.

I don't believe that Taker's streak will end. In my oopinion is that Taker will retire after he's 20-0. Either that or he will go over and let a bright young talent beat him when he's going for his 20th, and then retire at 19-1. But it's more likley to me that it will be 20-0, and then retirement for the dead man.

REAL infinite wisdom.

SaberToothTigerz
11-11-2010, 08:58 PM
question!

does the undertaker has a son? if so there wouldnt be anyone else who could carry out his legacy rather than a son of him.

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 09:00 PM
question!

does the undertaker has a son? if so there wouldnt be anyone else who could carry out his legacy rather than a son of him.

He has small boys and girls. I don't think he has a kid with Michelle...YET!

Rich Cranium
11-11-2010, 09:04 PM
He has small boys and girls. I don't think he has a kid with Michelle...YET!

Do his kids rise out of bed straight up with their eyes rolled in the back of their head?

Bodom
11-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Do his kids rise out of bed straight up with their eyes rolled in the back of their head?

Is their alarm clock a "dong"?

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Is their alarm clock a "dong"?

Do their headboards shoot fire balls at regular intervals.

Rich Cranium
11-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Does Undertaker say "Rest in Peace" at bedtime?

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Do his kids occasionally turn heel after a talk with "uncle Vince"

Bodom
11-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Do their headboards shoot fire balls at regular intervals.

Oh my fucking god.

I.WANT.NOW

nrb6304
11-11-2010, 09:49 PM
i used to always think of the perfect way to end his streak, NOT LOSE, just end. I know that somebody already said it but have Undertaker face _____ insert world or wwe champion's name. And win.
Then have The Miz cash in his MITB case only to lose to the great Undertaker.
After UT beats Miz, in his usual post WM victory celebration the lights die. When they come back on the World or WWE title is laying in the ring.

What do you think? I've also thrown around the idea of when the lights come back on the title being laying there and the urn laying next to it smoking...

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 09:52 PM
i used to always think of the perfect way to end his streak, NOT LOSE, just end. I know that somebody already said it but have Undertaker face _____ insert world or wwe champion's name. And win.
Then have The Miz cash in his MITB case only to lose to the great Undertaker.
After UT beats Miz, in his usual post WM victory celebration the lights die. When they come back on the World or WWE title is laying in the ring.

What do you think? I've also thrown around the idea of when the lights come back on the title being laying there and the urn laying next to it smoking...

Do you work for creative?

Bodom
11-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Do you work for creative?

No....he put thought into it.

Rich Cranium
11-11-2010, 10:01 PM

Maybe the creative dept. is reading this for ideas

Bodom
11-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Maybe the creative dept. is reading this for ideas

God help us if they read IPITS's posts for ideas.

Rockstarella
11-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Damn you guys!

Just let the old dead prune retire with his undefeated streak intact. Why build it up for so long just to have somebody or even himself end it?! Nobody is worthy of ending the streak now. Not even Flair, Angle, Rock, Austin Lesnar, or Goldberg. Nobody!

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Damn you guys!

Just let the old dead prune retire with his undefeated streak intact. Why build it up for so long just to have somebody or even himself end it?! Nobody is worthy of ending the streak now. Not even Flair, Angle, Rock, Austin Lesnar, or Goldberg. Nobody!

Who is Austin Lesnar?

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 10:09 PM
God help us if they read IPITS's posts for ideas.

So thats how those stupid competitions got it to NXT.

Rockstarella
11-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Who is Austin Lesnar?

Minor error.

nrb6304
11-11-2010, 11:11 PM

lmao ah Bodom, whenever I watch a disappointing episode of TNA I now know I just need to read your comments. lol

Nope I don't work for creative, BUT if you wanna start a petition to get me onto either WWE or TNA's creative team
http://www.petitiononline.com/
I will gladly sign

Bodom
11-11-2010, 11:16 PM
At least someone appreciates my sense of humor!!

nrb6304
11-11-2010, 11:24 PM
At least someone appreciates my sense of humor!!

we are on a forum, sarcasm is key. lmao

Bodom
11-11-2010, 11:25 PM
we are on a forum, sarcasm is key. lmao

And im about as sarcastic as they come..

K2Jelly
11-11-2010, 11:31 PM
And im about as sarcastic as they come..

Noooooooooo kidding.

Bodom
11-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Noooooooooo kidding.

I do what I can

AndyWonder
11-12-2010, 12:46 AM
Very good point. Undertaker has lost matches at a lot of other pay per view events. Why does he have to be undefeated at Wrestlemania anyway? In WWE, win-loss records are not even important. Hulk Hogan even lost one match at Wrestlemania.
it will never be duplicated and besides what the hell is the point? prestige? being on vinces good side for most of 20 years is prestigious. *OOOOH he never lost at wrestlemania*...but he lost everywhere else. when we wanted that huge undertaker win he has let us down before. to hell with a streak in a sport where results are pre determined. His body is ravaged from dedication to this pre determined sport and i respect that a million times more than a streak. not to mention him ending his own streak would perhaps be the biggest swerve ever...right?

TheAwesomeCarpet
01-24-2011, 09:44 AM
We know that right now Undertaker is working through an injury and could very well possibly miss Wrestlemania, but there is a way that he can still work a match. Over the years Undertaker has won his matches cleanly, but what if he won by DQ? There's two ways of doing this: 1.) If they have Taker face Barrett at WM they could have the Corre interfere and attack the Undertaker. 2.) If he faces Triple H, maybe a bit into the match Trips gets frustrated and uses his sledgehammer.

Both of these would actually be a change of pace and a good one at that. Taker wouldn't have to work long in the match, the streak remains alive, and it wouldn't end on a happy note.

rko619
01-24-2011, 09:55 AM
We know that right now Undertaker is working through an injury and could very well possibly miss Wrestlemania, but there is a way that he can still work a match. Over the years Undertaker has won his matches cleanly, but what if he won by DQ? There's two ways of doing this: 1.) If they have Taker face Barrett at WM they could have the Corre interfere and attack the Undertaker. 2.) If he faces Triple H, maybe a bit into the match Trips gets frustrated and uses his sledgehammer.

Both of these would actually be a change of pace and a good one at that. Taker wouldn't have to work long in the match, the streak remains alive, and it wouldn't end on a happy note.

i like tthe hhh 1 then have hhh take out taker on screen so taker can fully recover from injury then have a good old taker return later in the year

RST
01-24-2011, 10:18 AM

With the years and emotions invested in this streak (especially after the past two years), and the cost of a WWE PPV, I would probably demand a refund if this were to actually happen.

AgeoftheFallguy
01-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Yeah I have to agree there. If he won by DQ what’s the point of having a match at all? We all hate these type of wins on raw or Smackdown so why should one on the biggest streak on the biggest stage be any different. You can have a 3 way dance and have him stay out the line of fire and get a quick win or maybe a tag match, that’s definitely something they haven’t done with him at WM. But yeah DQ win means lots of controversy and tarnishes the streak in my opinion.

Snair
01-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Totally agree with @rst here

viperrtracing
01-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Only way I would see the one with triple h happen is if hes going to be pushed massively as a heel. But ya...the DQ idea would prob not be a good choice for the streak.

ch.brooks24
01-24-2011, 11:52 AM

I couldn't DISAGREE with this statement more. We get these types of finishes on weekly basis not to mention it happens every other PPV. How is this a change of pace??? Or even a "good one at that? WrestleMania is the ONE event out of the year where screwball finishes do not and should not take place.

Tommy Thunder
01-24-2011, 11:58 AM
No, a DQ is something WWE should not consider in any scenario. It looks increasingly likely that Taker will have to work through an injury at Mania, as I doubt he'll be fully recovered from his surgery in time.
The way to do this is have a triple threat, or a fatal 4 way. That way, WWE decrease the workload for Taker, as he won't have to do too much work. I see a scenario where 2 or 3 people come out saying that they want to have a shot at the streak this year, then have a series of matches between these guys, but neither comes out on top in these matches (a best of 3 falls or something, but neither guy gets the winning pinfall). Eventually T-Lo announces that the 2/3 guys will both/all face Taker at Mania. You would have the big draw of Taker facing the worst odds ever in his Mania match, but at the same time, he doesn't have to work a full match, thus accommodating his injury. Obviously, Taker wins the match

scotty25aj
01-24-2011, 11:58 AM
I think we just have to wait and see how 'Taker's injury plays out with regards to being at Wrestlemania. As for the DQ finish I know I wouldn't enjoy seeing any Wrestlemania match finish that way especially a 'Streak' match as it has been built up so much over the last 5 years or so. that being said, Undertaker has won at Wrestlemania by DQ before, at Wrestlemania IX he defeated Giant Gonzalez by DQ so it has been done. Weather WWE would still do it now, I would hope not but this is WWE and it's not often we get what we want

TheAwesomeCarpet
01-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Having a triple threat match could work out well too, but it wouldn't give anybody a push if both guys would lose and it's 1 of the most predictable finishes ever with Taker hardly working the match and still winning it. It's almost as obvious as the Orton triple threat last year. I'd say that a DQ win is about 30% likely going to happen, but we can't be too sure.

Maybe they can have a match between Taker and Punk at WM since it was Nexus who put him on the shelf. During the match Nexus would try to interfere, but the Corre would stop them thus starting a clan feud between the 2. Punk would be distracted and Taker would take advantage of it and Tombstone/Last Ride, whatever to him for the win.

RST
01-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Having a triple threat match could work out well too, but it wouldn't give anybody a push if both guys would lose and it's 1 of the most predictable finishes ever with Taker hardly working the match and still winning it. It's almost as obvious as the Orton triple threat last year. I'd say that a DQ win is about 30% likely going to happen, but we can't be too sure.

Maybe they can have a match between Taker and Punk at WM since it was Nexus who put him on the shelf. During the match Nexus would try to interfere, but the Corre would stop them thus starting a clan feud between the 2. Punk would be distracted and Taker would take advantage of it and Tombstone/Last Ride, whatever to him for the win.

You're missing the point again. Wrestlemania shouldn't be used to start feuds. It should be used to finish them. I don't pay to see the beginning of a storyline, I pay to see how it ends (hence, PAY per view).

Bumble
01-24-2011, 02:46 PM
They could easily have someone randomly lose to Undertaker. Someone like Jack Swagger or Drew McIntyre could come out upset that they were not included in WM or something, demand a match and issue an open challenge. Undertaker returns at that time and keeps the streak alive. Not only does the streak get added to, but the opponent would definitely have a nice notch added to their bedpost

steveorton
01-24-2011, 02:47 PM
No DQ the streak has grown to popular for the match to be ended on a DQ, problably give him an opponent where he doesn't have to work so hard to defeat, for example Undertaker vs Vince where he just done some signature moves and tombstone and its over, streak intact and everyone is happy, I'm jus sayin...

KJ PUNK
01-24-2011, 04:52 PM
don't really see why so many people are upset with the undertaker winning by dq when he already has a dq victory over giant gonzalez on his record at wrestlemania

The Brown One
01-24-2011, 05:40 PM
I really hate for DQs to happen, especially at WM. But if WWE, and Taker want Taker's streak to get to 20-0, with the least damage to Taker as possible, then a DQ finish should happen this year. That, or a Fatal 4 way that someone said would be really good, especially since you can hype up that "Taker is facing his worst odds this year at WM".

HeelTurn
01-24-2011, 05:58 PM
don't really see why so many people are upset with the undertaker winning by dq when he already has a dq victory over giant gonzalez on his record at wrestlemania

That because the streak didnt matter back then.

KJ PUNK
01-24-2011, 07:19 PM
That because the streak didnt matter back then.

but it still counted as a win. i'm just saying that people act as if a dq victory will tarnish his legacy or something

HeelTurn
01-24-2011, 07:22 PM
but it still counted as a win. i'm just saying that people act as if a dq victory will tarnish his legacy or something

I agree, but the streak is such a big selling point for the WWE that a DQ may seem a bit cheap, and I dont see it happeniing.

The Brown One
01-24-2011, 07:24 PM
I wonder when WWE started to come up with the idea that the Streak will never end.

HeelTurn
01-24-2011, 07:27 PM
I wonder when WWE started to come up with the idea that the Streak will never end.

I remember there being talks of Triple H beating Taker at Mania 17, but HBK wasnt able to make it due to his drug problems so Taker went over. So sometime after that.

The Brown One
01-24-2011, 07:39 PM
I remember there being talks of Triple H beating Taker at Mania 17, but HBK wasnt able to make it due to his drug problems so Taker went over. So sometime after that.

Ah thanks for the story. What did HBK have to do with this?

HeelTurn
01-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Ah thanks for the story. What did HBK have to do with this?

He was supposed to make his big return from injury and team back up with Triple H by costing Taker the match. Turned out better this way in the long run.

The Brown One
01-24-2011, 07:45 PM
He was supposed to make his big return from injury and team back up with Triple H by costing Taker the match. Turned out better this way in the long run.

Yeah it did. We got to see a good match with Trips and Taker, and 2 5 star matches down the line with HBK vs Taker.

HeelTurn
01-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Yeah it did. We got to see a good match with Trips and Taker, and 2 5 star matches down the line with HBK vs Taker.

Plus HBKs return against Triple H was epic, and his match with Y2J at Mania 19.

Viper
06-11-2011, 01:21 AM
"It was considered back in 2006. The person who wanted to do it was Undertaker himself. I was flattered, for him to go to Vince McMahon and pitch it. Undertaker at that point never had a five-star Wrestlemania moment match. He figured that the only one he could do it was me, at the time. Thank God a couple of years later he had Shawn Michaels, and it worked. But Undertaker really wanted to have that match, he asked Vince to push our match back from No Way Out to WrestleMania and, since I was champion they wanted me to keep the title, Undertaker was willing to take the loss. To me that meant a lot because Undertaker had a lot of respect for me — and I had more respect for him than he did for me."

Personally, I would have liked to have seen that match take place that year at WrestleMania so we all could have avoided seeing that boring triple threat world title match that eventually took place. I would have liked to see Angle battle Taker but not have him end the streak, but give Taker a great match for his money. He would have just been a good candidate to come close to ending the strea ... The previous year (2005) had Randy Orton come close to ending the streak and what could have been Kurt Angle a year later, was instead given to Mark Henry to all people which the world knew he wasn't going to end Taker's streak.

Thoughts?

jordan1995
06-11-2011, 01:27 AM
would have been great to see but do we reely believe angle ?

jordan1995
06-11-2011, 01:33 AM
yeah it does ...it would have been a great match to see but we did get an awsome triple threat match instead however angle taker would have been epic compared to taker henry

Viper
06-11-2011, 01:34 AM

What Angle said makes more sense than having to believe that Mark Henry was Taker's original opponent all along.

TheRockerGother
06-11-2011, 02:05 AM

I believe him though he does say lies they were feuding back then but since Randy Orton was going for Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio was to I'm guessing they didn't want a fatal four way match or something and decided to give Mark Henry that honor which was a wasted match.

Robstar
06-11-2011, 02:05 AM
It might have made sense to end 'Taker's streak back then, but I don't see the sense in it happening anymore. I mean, why have history suggest "Yeah Undertaker was the man at Wrestlemania, but went on too long and spoiled it right at the end". It would be like making an awesome movie and making a totally sucky ending that everyone ends up regretting and having hindsight's 20/20 go on forever, with everyone ending up asking "Well, what was the point of that?"

Having an awesome in-ring career and spoiling it right at the end. What is this - Ric Flair?

Enforcer23
06-11-2011, 02:23 AM
well first his BS...i would of liked to see randy orton do it as legend killer ultimate legend killed (joking) and yeah i would of liked to see them at wrestlemania only undertaker won

Enforcer23
06-11-2011, 02:24 AM
It might have made sense to end 'Taker's streak back then, but I don't see the sense in it happening anymore. I mean, why have history suggest "Yeah Undertaker was the man at Wrestlemania, but went on too long and spoiled it right at the end". It would be like making an awesome movie and making a totally sucky ending that everyone ends up regretting and having hindsight's 20/20 go on forever, with everyone ending up asking "Well, what was the point of that?"

Having an awesome in-ring career and spoiling it right at the end. What is this - Ric Flair?

ow ahahhahaha ZING!!!

sivart
06-11-2011, 03:37 AM
i think it might be true but its angle the man that said my twitter account was hacked and i wasnt drunk behind the whee again. lmao

alexrules01
06-11-2011, 03:40 AM
Angle vs Taker in a casket match would have been way better. The 'deceased' list would have been much better with Angles name on it.

ihearvoices
06-11-2011, 03:46 AM
Maybe its just me but im happy this match never happen and on top of that im happy that taker didn't lose at WM to angle because it would of been for nothing...because a few years later kurt would be in another company so if this is true im happy the match never saw the light of day

Stern
06-11-2011, 04:48 AM
Maybe its just me but im happy this match never happen and on top of that im happy that taker didn't lose at WM to angle because it would of been for nothing...because a few years later kurt would be in another company so if this is true im happy the match never saw the light of day

Really? I honestly would've been happy to see Taker loose to Angle in a 5 star match at 'Mania, but only if the matches with Michaels never happened. Angle I think is one wrestler who I would be happy with ending the streak.

Viper
06-11-2011, 05:24 AM
I'd be happy if Kurt Angle or Brock Lesnar ended the streak.

sincara
06-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Angle vs Taker in a casket match would have been way better. The 'deceased' list would have been much better with Angles name on it.

agre e^^^^^^^^^^^

LMPunker
06-11-2011, 06:01 AM
i beilive it may have been concidered because things are never final in wwe until there announced but i dont think it got past the discussion which is probably the only real truth in this i think angles an amasing wrestler but he does come up with some crap sometimes

monctonvike
06-11-2011, 06:20 AM
I think its true, I think its damn true! although not because angle said it, but because the undertaker is one of the most unselfish mega stars this business has ever had. Also wwe plans are always in a a constant state of change, I would dare say angle isn't the first person that at one time, creative had plans to break the streak. There have been other reports of undertaker wanting kane to beat among others people. I think the streak is dear to the undertaker, but he would be happy to end it, I know money is very dear to mcmahon I could see him trying to convince mark to do another year sort of thing, Mark was always such a hard working guy, that did what he was asked, he wouldn't say no. The last bit I don't know forsure but I could see things playing out that way

TheDevilsAdvocate
06-11-2011, 07:04 AM
Around that time Kurt Angle looked very credible. He was literally carrying the Smackdown! brand on his shoulders. He was a Champion, and he even held a General Manager position for awhile. If it would have happened then I would have believed it. Part of me is glad that it never happened though. 'Takers streak is something that should be kept until' the very day that he retires.

Russo swerve
06-11-2011, 07:15 AM
I dont believe angle hes self centered

K-Jammin
06-11-2011, 08:28 AM
If Kurt ended the streak and then jumped to TNA i think Vince would personally kill him

Enforcer23
06-11-2011, 08:33 AM
If Kurt ended the streak and then jumped to TNA i think Vince would personally kill him

hahahahahaha he would...i think everyone would

jordan1995
06-11-2011, 08:53 AM

i also think taker wud be pissed

Tommy Thunder
06-11-2011, 09:17 AM
As much bullshit Angle has said recently, I actually believe him here. I remember reading somewhere (think it was an interview with Taker) that Taker has massive respect for Angle, so I don't see why this claim could be false. Having said that, I'm glad it didn't happen, because Taker's streak will go down as one of, if not the biggest achievement in WWE history.

PandaMassacre
06-11-2011, 09:22 AM
As much bullshit Angle has said recently, I actually believe him here. I remember reading somewhere (think it was an interview with Taker) that Taker has massive respect for Angle, so I don't see why this claim could be false. Having said that, I'm glad it didn't happen, because Taker's streak will go down as one of, if not the biggest achievement in WWE history.

Plus they have built it up for so long that nobody would be worthy enough to even end the streak. I would even be disappointed if The Rock, CM Punk, Chris Jeircho, or even Steve Austin were the ones who ended the streak. This streak is better off being unbroken. I actually doubt it will seeing as everybody is considering The Undertaker to be retired nowadays.

jr512
06-11-2011, 11:20 AM
I really don't know if it was true or not but to beat taker 2 PPV in a row (title then his streak back to back) I don't believe it but then again many plans called for hunter to beat him then it didn't happen then batista was heavily push and hunter and vince wanted him to but taker but vince change his mind last minute and then came hunter again but vince always changes his plans maybe it true but them.again watching angle in his last years in wwe and his shoot interview with tna I don't think it's true

aweso_me
06-11-2011, 11:36 AM
For some reason I don't believe Kurt because it was so long ago. Maybe it was discussed to wrestle the Undertaker but not end the streak because I don't think the importance of "The Streak" was shown until Edge talked about his streak. Edge was the one that made Undertaker's streak something to talk about. If Kurt Angle would've beaten him, it would just have been a loss for the Undertaker and a win for Angle and nothing more. No mention of a streak being broken, or rather no real importance to it being broken.

Ruthless_Aggression
06-11-2011, 11:52 AM
If you ask me, Kurt is WAAAAAAY too big for his britches. Not even his wrestling ability can justify that big of an ego he has. What bugs me is the nerve he had when he said that other than with HBK, the Undertaker never had a 5 star WM match thus burying the other 17 matches. I may not be the best match judge myself, but I feel his match with Edge and Triple H(second one)fit that caliber as well. So Kurt, you are a great athlete, but seriously, f*ck off!

Asherdelampyr
06-11-2011, 12:12 PM
you realize that he said Taker hadnt had a 5 star match by that point, right? as in pre-2006?

Ruthless_Aggression
06-11-2011, 12:19 PM
you realize that he said Taker hadnt had a 5 star match by that point, right? as in pre-2006?

Well maybe the Triple H one would count as after, but he put it in a way that it wasn't until his match with HBK in 2009 did he have a 5 star WM moment and I disagree wholeheartedly.

CobraNightviper
06-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Taker should retire undefeated at mania so i'm glad that never happened.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
06-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Ask yourself this question, why would Vince allow someone to end the streak when the streak is damn near bigger than Wrestlemania and is its biggest selling point?

SilverGhost
06-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Ask yourself this question, why would Vince allow someone to end the streak when the streak is damn near bigger than Wrestlemania and is its biggest selling point?

Well....not necessarily Angle.....but if anything(not saying he would) that sort of prestigue, beating Taker at WM, should go to a bright future that Vinnie knows that the talent would stay in the WWE for such a long time. Not saying posterboys but you get my point, I think.

Asherdelampyr
06-11-2011, 02:22 PM
From what we hear here and other places (and with the requisite grains of salt required) it seems that Taker wants to have the streak end, to give that to an up and coming star... There have been rumors of him wanting to give it to quite a few people if memory serves, including Orton and Batista. It fits with the kind of guy that he seems to be, and his ongoing desire to help put the younger guys over, not saying that we will see the streak end, but I am starting to believe that if the choice was all up to Taker we would.

HCollins-TNA1
06-11-2011, 02:25 PM
"It was considered back in 2006. The person who wanted to do it was Undertaker himself. I was flattered, for him to go to Vince McMahon and pitch it. Undertaker at that point never had a five-star Wrestlemania moment match. He figured that the only one he could do it was me, at the time. Thank God a couple of years later he had Shawn Michaels, and it worked. But Undertaker really wanted to have that match, he asked Vince to push our match back from No Way Out to WrestleMania and, since I was champion they wanted me to keep the title, Undertaker was willing to take the loss. To me that meant a lot because Undertaker had a lot of respect for me — and I had more respect for him than he did for me."

Personally, I would have liked to have seen that match take place that year at WrestleMania so we all could have avoided seeing that boring triple threat world title match that eventually took place. I would have liked to see Angle battle Taker but not have him end the streak, but give Taker a great match for his money. He would have just been a good candidate to come close to ending the strea ... The previous year (2005) had Randy Orton come close to ending the streak and what could have been Kurt Angle a year later, was instead given to Mark Henry to all people which the world knew he wasn't going to end Taker's streak.

Thoughts?

Believable...... Most things Kurt say has a certain truth to it...... It just the media can twist things around before getting the whole story.... Would had been the Mark Henry......
Even a Brock Lesner or Bobby Lashley vs Undertaker would have been good 5 or 6 years ago....
Now it wouldn't make no sense to have Taker lose at Wrestlemania to anyone....

HCollins-TNA1
06-11-2011, 02:42 PM
From what we hear here and other places (and with the requisite grains of salt required) it seems that Taker wants to have the streak end, to give that to an up and coming star... There have been rumors of him wanting to give it to quite a few people if memory serves, including Orton and Batista. It fits with the kind of guy that he seems to be, and his ongoing desire to help put the younger guys over, not saying that we will see the streak end, but I am starting to believe that if the choice was all up to Taker we would.

3 or 4 maybe 5 guys come to mind that would fit to have the streak end by if Taker and McMahon chooses...
Alberto Del Rio
Drew McIntyre
Wade Barret
Micheal McGillicutty
or
Mason Ryan

Asherdelampyr
06-11-2011, 02:53 PM
3 or 4 maybe 5 guys come to mind that would fit to have the streak end by if Taker and McMahon chooses...
Alberto Del Rio
Drew McIntyre
Wade Barret
Micheal McGillicutty
or
Mason Ryan

I would agree with all of those except for Mason Ryan, I just dont see him as main event material... sure the man has the look, but that's his only redeeming quality from what I have seen... to be fair I have not seen any of his FCW stuff so maybe its the gimmick he has

Iron Ape
06-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Believable...... Most things Kurt say has a certain truth to it...... It just the media can twist things around before getting the whole story.... Would had been the Mark Henry......
Even a Brock Lesner or Bobby Lashley vs Undertaker would have been good 5 or 6 years ago....
Now it wouldn't make no sense to have Taker lose at Wrestlemania to anyone....
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

sincara
06-11-2011, 03:16 PM
if this happened then then tna would say this everytime tna mentioned kurtangls name
kurt angle the 13 time world champ only olympic gold medalist in professional wrestling and the man who ended the undertakers streak

Iron Ape
06-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Michael McGillicutty would be a good candidate to end 'Takers streak? I don't even know how to respond to something like that. I can see that words to this effect clearly exist on my computer screen, but I can't for the life of me bring myself to believe that someone actually typed/thought that. It's just...so...huh?

jordan1995
06-11-2011, 03:29 PM
if this happened then then tna would say this everytime tna mentioned kurtangls name
kurt angle the 13 time world champ only olympic gold medalist in professional wrestling and the man who ended the undertakers streak

haha i can imagine it now .. mike tenay would be screaming it repeatedly with no emotion every 5 deconds

jr512
06-11-2011, 03:40 PM

Didn't he say on the history of wrestlemania it has to end at some point

zrdt12
06-11-2011, 05:00 PM
(in his book) Jericho also said that Angle told him that Angle was going to win the undisputed championship right after Jericho was told he was going to win it... Keep taking Angle with a grain of salt.

HolyJose2391
06-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Michael McGillicutty would be a good candidate to end 'Takers streak? I don't even know how to respond to something like that. I can see that words to this effect clearly exist on my computer screen, but I can't for the life of me bring myself to believe that someone actually typed/thought that. It's just...so...huh?

no way could McGillicutty end the streak he's a lower mid-carder at best. same goes for Ryan I wouldn't want to see Taker vs Batistwo anyways. If anyone that I could see the streak going to is either someone the the WWE knows will carry the company in years to come or John Cena

Nate the Great
06-11-2011, 05:22 PM
no way could McGillicutty end the streak he's a lower mid-carder at best. same goes for Ryan I wouldn't want to see Taker vs Batistwo anyways. If anyone that I could see the streak going to is either someone the the WWE knows will carry the company in years to come or John Cena

Michael? What a joke! Plus why woud he get the shot over his leader and WWWAAAAAYYYY more likely to beat Taker, C.M. Punk? Because of you Iron Ape. Think more and keep your hands tied until you can think straight. Geez...Michael McGillicutty...face-palm.

Iron Ape
06-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Michael? What a joke! Plus why woud he get the shot over his leader and WWWAAAAAYYYY more likely to beat Taker, C.M. Punk? Because of you Iron Ape. Think more and keep your hands tied until you can think straight. Geez...Michael McGillicutty...face-palm.
If anyone needs to keep their hands tied until they can think straight, it's the guy with the reading comprehension problems i.e. you.

Go back to my post concerning McGillicutty and try re-reading it a couple of times, Sigmund.

xAzureSkye
06-11-2011, 06:19 PM
McGillicutty would be a bad candidate to end the streak, Punk, Jericho, ADR possibly.

Androo
06-11-2011, 06:33 PM

OH DEAR! Shame, real shame! Are you on drugs? Real hard drugs? The bad shit?!

That's not a Face-Palm you should be thinking about, you need to think about Face-Fist, forcefully, repeatedly, after that!

HCollins-TNA1
06-11-2011, 07:20 PM

Only one thing wrong or maybe 2.... if you know anything about the WWE.....
Cena would been great in the past few years maybe even next year... But i doubt he would take the win cause he really don't need it... He already is a established star.... Most of the time a main event in the WWE don't even last 5 to 10 years Hogan 1983-1992, Bret Hart 1992 till 1997, Steve Austin 1996-2002, Rock 1998 till 2004...... Thus Cena time might be winding down of being on top withing the next year or so since he been on top of the WWE since 2005 pretty much...

To McGillicutty, he's young and could be skyrocketed with a huge win over someone like Taker..... Same applies for Mason Ryan

HCollins-TNA1
06-11-2011, 07:26 PM
McGillicutty would be a bad candidate to end the streak, Punk, Jericho, ADR possibly.

I would agree with Punk if he sill in the WWE by then.... But ADR would be my choice and is my top choice....

VKM
06-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Like I said before, and I'll keep saying it. Undertaker's last opponent should have been HBK at Wrestlemania 26. HBK was his best opponent and he will always be.

68wPayne
06-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Taker's streak will not be broken, the big names like Triple H and Kane wouldn't benefit all that much in reality from it and the young guys there is too much of a chance of them jumping to TNA. Taker will not be beaten at Mania and will retire with the greatest streak outside of women's college basketball.

Viper
06-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Taker's streak will not be broken, the big names like Triple H and Kane wouldn't benefit all that much in reality from it and the young guys there is too much of a chance of them jumping to TNA. Taker will not be beaten at Mania and will retire with the greatest streak outside of women's college basketball.

you wouldnt have said this 10 years ago. or perhaps 5 years ago.

S.E. Zero
06-12-2011, 10:18 AM
At the time it would've been great. Who knows? Still it would've been a great 5 star match at WM wether the streak lived on or ended that night.

68wPayne
06-12-2011, 07:48 PM
you wouldnt have said this 10 years ago. or perhaps 5 years ago.

10 years ago I wouldn't have because Triple H had a real chance of beating The Deadman that year IMO. 5 years ago I was saying that, no way would Mark Henry beat the streak. If you are talking about the timeframe 10 years ago people probably had a real chance of beating it. 5 Years ago they were really really pushing the streak and I just felt as though WWE is paying Undertaker for his decades of loyalty and giving him the greatest legacy of WrestleMania.

steveorton
06-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Kurt Angle loves to be the best, I respect the guy but he has this huge ego, I'm jus sayin...

Goldust22
07-24-2011, 05:24 AM
Who would you have break Undertakers streak at Mania if he ever gets beat?

If you select other please say who

Siracul
07-24-2011, 05:27 AM
I don't think the streak should be broken
I think Undertaker needs to retire at 20 - 0 or even at 19 - 0
He's earned it and that's not even something that can be argued

With that being said, the only guy with the momentum and character to beat him now would be CM Punk (Keep in mind I hope that doesn't happen).
I've been an Undertaker fan since I was 4-5 years old, he used to scare the shit out of me, and the guy deserves to go away unchallenged in WrestleMania.

Also I'd like to see Undertaker Vs. Wade Barrett or Undertaker Vs. Sheamus
Both are brawlers and Barrett is very underused, a good performance against the Deadman, even if it leads to a loss, can really put him in the spotlight just like his Original Nexus days.

Goldust22
07-24-2011, 05:30 AM
Yeah i wanted to put Wade Barret down but ran out of room only 10 possible slots and i thought putting HBK down would be different as it could be quite a cool idea for him to come out of retirement for one match and beat the streak then Undertaker and HBK retiring at same time.

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-24-2011, 05:30 AM
I voted for CM Punk. And seriously, who else COULD do it on that list? I know a couple other guys need that 'rub" but, they can only ride that train for so long. They'd need something else.

Triple H
Randy Orton
John Cena
Kane

These guys have had their time, have had their feuds with UnderTaker and all came out better for it. Punk had a half-assed one and it didn't do shit for him. They need a REAL program. And it can definitely be built out of CM Punk resigning. Personally, I'd like to see him stay undefeated. But, I'd like for Punkto be the one who pulls the trigger to put Ol' Yeller down.

jordan1995
07-24-2011, 05:31 AM
punk or nobody ...its a hard decision wwe have to make

Goldust22
07-24-2011, 05:33 AM
I voted for CM Punk. And seriously, who else COULD do it on that list? I know a couple other guys need that 'rub" but, they can only ride that train for so long. They'd need something else.

Triple H
Randy Orton
John Cena
Kane

These guys have had their time, have had their feuds with UnderTaker and all came out better for it. Punk had a half-assed one and it didn't do shit for him. They need a REAL program. And it can definitely be built out of CM Punk resigning. Personally, I'd like to see him stay undefeated. But, I'd like for Punkto be the one who pulls the trigger to put Ol' Yeller down.

Has Cena fueded with The Undertaker since he became a main eventer? I know he did when he first started

Siracul
07-24-2011, 05:35 AM
Has Cena fueded with The Undertaker since he became a main eventer? I know he did when he first started

If Cena is the one to break Undertaker's streak... I don't wanna say I'll be done with the WWE but I probably will be.

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-24-2011, 05:36 AM

No, he hasn't. But the thing is, the feud didn't make him better then and he damn sure doesn't need it now. There's no reason for him to feud with UnderTaker now. Then it was all about "rookie pride" and showing the "big dog" he has game. Now what would it be? A cock measuring contest?

Goldust22
07-24-2011, 05:40 AM
No, he hasn't. But the thing is, the feud didn't make him better then and he damn sure doesn't need it now. There's no reason for him to feud with UnderTaker now. Then it was all about "rookie pride" and showing the "big dog" he has game. Now what would it be? A cock measuring contest?

Cool i was just wondering if he were to remain Undefeated though i would make Cena his last match. Cena may not be the best but beating the number 1 guy before you retire would be a great way for Undertaker to retire

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-24-2011, 05:42 AM
Cool i was just wondering if he were to remain Undefeated though i would make Cena his last match. Cena may not be the best but beating the number 1 guy before you retire would be a great way for Undertaker to retire

THAT would be great. But ONLY if UnderTaker wins. If not, it'd be hella lame.

Goldust22
07-24-2011, 05:46 AM
THAT would be great. But ONLY if UnderTaker wins. If not, it'd be hella lame.

Yeah if Cena was to end the streak it would be like pissing in the faces of all WWE fans.

Markedoutforlife
07-24-2011, 05:52 AM
If Cena is the one to break Undertaker's streak... I don't wanna say I'll be done with the WWE but I probably will be.

I hear you brosef...

VanHooliganX
07-24-2011, 06:01 AM
At the moment I really don't no who should take it but i'll take it as the opponents come.

TheBeardOfZeus
07-24-2011, 06:22 AM
Personally, I think the streak should stay intact.

However, deciding to vote on a person I would prefer for him to lose to, I went for Sheamus.

Big fan of Sheamus, is showing some great stuff right now, and I think he would be the best choice WWE could make. Wouldn't mind Sheamus being his last opponent either.

Goldust22
07-24-2011, 06:27 AM
Personally, I think the streak should stay intact.

However, deciding to vote on a person I would prefer for him to lose to, I went for Sheamus.

Big fan of Sheamus, is showing some great stuff right now, and I think he would be the best choice WWE could make. Wouldn't mind Sheamus being his last opponent either.

Who i went for to been a fan of Sheamus since he joined WWE and he keeps improving. Plus if he ends the streak hell be taken more seriously by some fans.

twoot2
07-24-2011, 08:10 AM
The Undertaker should remain undefeated at Wrestlemania...the streak is too legendary for it to end now would be stupid tbh

wired aardvark
07-24-2011, 08:17 AM
I had to go for the Miz for the simple reason that he is the youngest guy there getting pushed, and if they wanna build a future star you may as well start with someone young ending the streak.

AOF666
07-24-2011, 09:44 AM
I'd say it before and I'll say it again, no one deserves to beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Incubus_99
07-24-2011, 12:24 PM
The streak should never end...however if it were to I guess Randy Orton should be his opponent...could bring out his Legend Killer gimmick back...

Mtt08 xXx
07-24-2011, 12:41 PM
I don't think the streak should ever end. if it does end, it should
be orton or y2j even though they don't need it. I don't agree with the people saying it should be a newer star (miz, dibiase, etc) because I think it'd kind of diminish the streak because the legend would have lost to some one who hasnt really proved themself in the business. if it were a new guy, I think they should have a HUGE push up to mania. preferably starting now so there's plenty of time for them to gain some steam

Russo swerve
07-24-2011, 12:47 PM
The streak wont end

Grind_Bastard
07-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Taker should remain undefeated, I voted that. In case they'll make him lose, the only one will be Punk (or Jericho if he returns)

sincara
07-24-2011, 01:28 PM
remain undefeated

HCollins-TNA1
07-24-2011, 04:54 PM
No one deserves to now.... Maybe 3 or 4 or 5 years ago it should had..... But no need of it now....

Although if the right guy come along and Taker agrees I see no harm in it... Let him go 20-0 and retire... If he don't retire consider next year either 21-0 or streak broke!!!!

Y2Jryder
07-24-2011, 07:31 PM
nobody ever made a thread about this

Goldust22
07-24-2011, 07:34 PM
nobody ever made a thread about this

OH IM SORRY ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You dont like it dont read it or post in it.

spidercentz
07-24-2011, 08:23 PM
I would like to see Undertaker vs Chris Jericho but I would still like Undertaker to win.

LuckIsForLosers
09-21-2011, 03:03 AM
So a recent Wrestlemania 28 wishlist thread showed me that quite a lot of people think next year's Mania will be Undertaker's last match. I wanted to make a thread about this to maybe help clear up a few things. Firstly, while this is my opinion, I think it is probably 100% true and makes sense and that people saying "next year's Mania is his last - I BELIEVE!" aren't really thinking this through at all:

Undertaker 1) won't lose his streak ever and 2) DEFINITELY WON'T HAVE HIS LAST MANIA NEXT YEAR!

Think about it - I know HBK is "Mr Wrestlemania", but Taker defines Wrestlemania. The match he retires on will be a Mania match and that Mania will BE BUILT AROUND THE UNDERTAKER'S RETIREMENT. This upcoming Mania is built around Rock v Cena. You can't have Undertaker's last match ever match at Wrestlemania being the "undercard" - the WHOLE Wrestlemania will be built around Taker's last match and that's why it WON'T be next year's but rather 2013's.

Secondly, the guy's that assume Undertaker will lose his last match - why do you think this? Call the WWE a lot of things right now, but VKM is known to reward those who have given. Why on EARTH would the WWE make Undertaker's last ever match a loss at Mania? Why would they rob a legend of the one thing that really places him head and shoulders above other legends? Why would they have spent some 20 years building up this streak (and believe me, they would have decided on this streak being permanent probably by the late 90s) just to tumble it down and risk outrage? Most of all, why would they make the last in-ring moment of unquestionably the BIGGEST legend to step foot in a WWE ring, a man who has spent his whole, 20 year+ career at ONE company, literally a loyal servant, when the likes of Flair, Hogan, Hart and others jumped ship, a SOUR MOMENT?

I just thought I'd provide my insight on this. More importantly, I'd be very interested to hear what those who assume his last match will be an undercard to Rock/Cena and/or a loss base these assumptions on? Not trying to be mark-ish/call you guys out, genuinely interested to hear why you think those will happen?

And lastly, who will be his last ever opponent? An old foe? Kane? A legend? An active vet? A current top guy? A future world champ to be put over?

Murphdogg4
09-21-2011, 03:44 AM
I agree with you that next year will not be Takers last mania. It may be the last mania where he works alot during the year however. Noway the WWE gives up on Taker at mania, it's become the main selling point for them. I do however disagree with you, it's a time honored tradition to pass the torch and lose on your way out of wrestling, so I think the streak will eventually end. the obvious choice is to have Cena end this, if the WWE does do that however I think it will backfire horribly and make even more people turn on Cena.

Subject Zero
09-21-2011, 04:29 AM
GET IN.....

Another Undertaker Wrestlemania Thread

Murphdogg4
09-21-2011, 05:13 AM
GET IN.....

lol you have to remember the people who start these threads may not have been around long, and it's new to them.

BlazersDozen
09-21-2011, 05:25 AM
I think it will be his last because with his gimmic, they are going to need to send him back to hell for his retirement. His gimmic won't allow him to show up on RAW & cry & thank the fans unless he comes back as ABA then that all changes.

So, with that being said, if he did come back for say WM30 then he'd have to lose without a doubt. You can't send him to Hell in a big spot then 2 years later do the same thing which is why I believe it will be his last WM MATCH because Vince won't let anyone break the streak and back when it was around 17 or 18 there was a report that Undertaker wanted to leave after 20 straight.

Now, he could return at SummerSlams or Hell In The Cell PPVs to put guys over but I don't think at WM which is why WWE needs to dump the MITB ppv & make it exclusive to WM so they can have a new tradition to carry on for the future.

The Brown One
09-21-2011, 06:00 AM
I heard on WrestleZone the past week that the WWE was planning for Mania these things:

* To break the record "most masks in a public place" or something like that, hence why the 2 Sin Caras are being pushed so much
* The Rock vs Cena
* The Undertaker going 20-0 at Wrestlemania.

I'm sure they can make it so that he gets his fair share of time at WM for his final match. I would love it if he got his own WM, without The Rock and Cena taking up the main event, but that probably won't happen, due to Taker's health. But this is a match I've been expecting for years, and I know Taker will go out with a bang!

Johnny Trend
09-21-2011, 09:15 AM
i think they will annouce it in advance similar to cena and rock. maybe and its a long shot that VKM might give a bash at breaking the streak?

Tommy Thunder
09-21-2011, 09:23 AM
GET IN.....

Watch yourself, you could get banned for saying that.

steveorton
09-21-2011, 10:11 AM
I agree with the OP I never want that Streak to end but I am a Taker fan so i am alittle bias. As for his last match I think it should be against CM Punk because we have all seen at MITB CM Punk can defy the odds.

Theunderdog
09-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Just a little insight in to my opinion... I personally feel that this has to be the last mania for Taker as you've got to look at the locker room and think other than a couple of exceptions is there really anyone who is up to the mark for challenging Taker and will actually have us thinking can he beat Taker, because thats a massive sell in this match, and for the last 3 years he's had believable opponents I could have seen HBK or HHH taking the match, but now I'm not so sure... and with regards to the streak he will never loose a match for the legacy and because its worth money, a lot of it

KSTornado
09-21-2011, 11:13 AM
I've given quite a bit of thought about this topic before deciding to post. We all want Taker to go 20-0 and I do beleive this will be his last 'Mania but I started to think about when Taker was HBK's last match and how HBK went out which he went out losing as is tradition. Taker is a traditional person when it comes to the business and he has stated that the streak does not mean that much to him personally. Now if that is true then I beleive Taker would lose his streak in which it would be his last match. Only problem is finding a big enough draw of an opponent that Taker would want as his last match. I think it is why he went for Lesnar before to get the drawing power but I think he would of beat Lesnar. Only people on the roster with a big enough name is Cena and Orton. If you bring in Mark Henry's destruction path it may pave the way to Taker but in reality taker picks his last opponent. I s uppose Foley could come back as Mankind and give it one more shot but Foley is in just as bad of shape. I personally would like to see Shamus but in reality I wish it would be SCSA.

Y2Jryder
09-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Smartass..

monctonvike
09-21-2011, 11:39 AM
It all depends, it would seem very likely that he is done this year. Maybe next they say more match, and have him lose. When that year rolls around mcmahon gets cold feet and we get 21-0 then maybe 22-0 3,4,5 Mabe they plan on stopping on 25 and keep going until 30

The most likely scenario would still appear that this would be his last one, 95% chance I would say he is going undefeated.

p.s the undertaker has offered to lose in the past this is noted so with this business you never really know

LuckIsForLosers
09-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Very interesting points fellas...still feel that this won't be his last Wrestlemania, again, even if they announce it now, it won't work. Think about it, it's bad for business:

1) Main events like this MAKE wrestlemania. The idea of HBK trying to break the streak and HHH trying made the last three Manias. One before was Flair's retirement. X8 was Hogan v Rock. Main events that aren't about the WWE title but more about dream scenarios and match ups like Rock v Cena MAKE Mania and more importantly, from a business point of view, make money/draw fans. Mania 28 already HAS such a draw - Rock v Cena ALONE will draw the capacity, record-breaking crowd - it's more like a boxing card, where the rest is the undercard, and the main fight draws the fans and makes the Moolah. Why WASTE a HUGE draw like Taker's last match, when next year's draw and moneymaker is ALREADY IN PLACE (Rock v Cena) - yeah, we'd love it, but it makes no sense from a business point of view, so they won't do it.

2) Some kids and most women love Cena. Others love to hate Cena. Most of everybody, apart from disillusioned fans and the 'CeNation', love The Rock. Whether you're a fan of Rock OR Cena, you love Rock v Cena. It's a huge matchup, no doubt about it. It's also what next year's Mania is BASED on and centered around. Undertaker's last ever match, however, is equally a huge draw, or if not, very close. If 28 is based around Rock v Cena, they wouldn't risk it being eclipsed by having it compete with Taker's last match. Again, looking at it as a business - Rock v Cena is for the fans? No! It's to sell "Team Bring It" shirts, to sell the "Rock and Cena's top 5 matches go head to head" DVD etc - if it's Taker's last match, those sales will be jeopardized as many will mark out to the legend known as Taker and buy HIS DVDs and merchandise. How can they release an Anthology of Taker and a Rock v Cena: Top 5 matches each DVD both simultaneously?

Yes, Taker is in bad condition. But if Sting and Ric Flair and even Big Sexy can do a few matches a year (doesn't matter that said matches suck), then Taker can do ONE match in ONE year. He can just disappear again after next year's Mania and come back in 2013, not like it hasn't been done before!

As for him losing, interesting points, and you guys are right about him offering to lose. I still don't think they'll ask him to - passing the torch is one thing, but whoever ends the streak will 1) be SUPREMELY over beyond winning ANY championships (it's something that the greatest superstars of all time have failed to do) and 2) will HAVE to be consistently pushed to the sky for the REST OF THEIR CAREER (the guy that ended the streak cannot be Drew McIntyre-d in 2 years). There is NO-ONE in WWE who fits that bill today. Cena and Orton, the stars, are SO over and have been pushed so high that 1) If they're pushed anymore, they'll have a view of Heaven's Gates and 2) they don't need it - it would be wasted on them. Same with Jericho, and maybe even the same with Punk - Punk is over, all he needs are more championships to rack up his total. Then you look at the rest. People like Henry and Christian and Kane and Show aren't long-term guys anymore and therefore don't need that monumental push. Then the others: Miz, Truth, Ziggler, ADR, Sheamus, Barrett, Bryan, Sin Cara, Swagger, Rhodes, DiBiase - WWE has had and continues to have a TOUGH time deciding who their new faces were. By 2004ish (give or take) we KNEW that 2 guys from Evolution and a US Champ rapper were unquestionably the two stars being pushed the farthest. Today, one day Sheamus is a champ, next day he's buried, one day ADR has the greatest year ever (even better than Brock's debut year) and next day gets made to tap etc etc - my point is is that none of these stars of tomorrow can be risked with the push of ending the streak because a year later they may 'have to' be buried.

Asherdelampyr
09-21-2011, 12:39 PM
I see your point, and you have some good ones

to me it comes down to a few factors

1: Age: Taker is just plain getting too old to keep going, I am sure that he knows this, and that it factors in a lot to why he has started vanishing after the last few WMs, but even that plan can't keep him going forever. in fact, if he does wrestle at this WM it may be his last just do to how little he has left in him. Not about what's best for business, so much as it is what is going to keep the man alive and able to walk

2: Tradition: Undertaker is as old school as it gets, and you lose on your way out to show respect, and to thank those who made your career possible, it isn't a "sour note" it's just the way shit is done. He has lived his entire career in the old school traditions, so I do not see why he wouldn't end it that way

3: The future: Undertaker has reportedly tried on multiple occasions to end the streak, and give that push to a new guy. Whoever ends the streak will have the best platform for a push that there has ever been at this point. Obviously taker is well aware of that, and so he may consider it needed to help build the next big star by giving him that honor.

wrestlingfan66513
09-21-2011, 03:46 PM
His opponent could be Hulk Hogan. Hulk looks like he is about to leave TNA, he is a big draw for WWE, a match between him and Taker would cause a lot of people to watch. I hope it doesn't happen but it could if Lesner doesn't go to the WWE.

AOF666
09-21-2011, 04:23 PM
The streak should never be broken. Besides he doesn't have to retire at Mania. The problem is, who should he face? I can't think of anyone with a big enough name to take on Taker.

BIGZrudypoo812
09-21-2011, 04:49 PM
it wont be his last match as long as he is healthy. and im pretty sure Edge would of faced Taker because he is also undefeated but now that he'd retired I have no clue who he will face but i have a top 5 list of who should face him

#1 - Kurt Angle (he can still put on a 5 star match and he is old so there is no putting over Plus i dont think there are any young guys that deserve that match and thats on WWE)
#2 - HHH (HHH vs Taker II makes since but with this whole new storyline it depends)
#3 - Ray Mysterio (it would be a great match BUT Rey vs Sin Cara at WM28 is a must)
#4 - Kane (if Kane get that Mask back and puts on a little more muscle then HELL YES, if he has no mask and is still fat then HELL NO)
#5 - R-Truth (LMAO........this is a hard list.... but i bet Truth could make it work)

Y2Jryder
09-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Do we really have to discuss this again?

BIGZrudypoo812
09-21-2011, 05:02 PM
His opponent could be Hulk Hogan. Hulk looks like he is about to leave TNA, he is a big draw for WWE, a match between him and Taker would cause a lot of people to watch. I hope it doesn't happen but it could if Lesner doesn't go to the WWE.

LOL OMG that would be the worst match EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER a little botch here, a botch there and a botch everywhere

Uundertake would have hogan in the middle of the rign ready to do the chokeslam and after 5 failed jumps by the Hulkster and 5 minutes just standing there this is the convo:
Taker - "ok hulk on 3 you jump as high as you can so i can chokeslam you"
Hulk - "well let me tell you something BROTHER!!!!"
Taker -"OK!!!!"
Taker/Hulk - 1....2......THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

wwe=awesome
09-21-2011, 10:21 PM
I think it will be his last because with his gimmic, they are going to need to send him back to hell for his retirement. His gimmic won't allow him to show up on RAW & cry & thank the fans unless he comes back as ABA then that all changes.

So, with that being said, if he did come back for say WM30 then he'd have to lose without a doubt. You can't send him to Hell in a big spot then 2 years later do the same thing which is why I believe it will be his last WM MATCH because Vince won't let anyone break the streak and back when it was around 17 or 18 there was a report that Undertaker wanted to leave after 20 straight.

Now, he could return at SummerSlams or Hell In The Cell PPVs to put guys over but I don't think at WM which is why WWE needs to dump the MITB ppv & make it exclusive to WM so they can have a new tradition to carry on for the future.

dude me and you are both doing the next wwe ppv poster sig thing, knock it off asshole haha

dai_haz
09-22-2011, 06:32 AM
i agree with everything u said, except he didnt spend his whole career at wwe, he was in the wwe, then moved to wcw with a few gimmicks didnt get over so, returned to wwe, then started the undertaker gimmick, other than that good points,

kashani1984
10-06-2011, 01:56 PM
If taker makes it to WM28, should he go out at 20-0 or 19-1. And if 19-1, why and who gets to put the nail in the coffin for the dead man?

Enforcer23
10-06-2011, 01:58 PM
i wish someone would put a nail in the coffin on this topic....OR I WISH WM28 WOULD HURRY UP!!!

The Awesome One
10-06-2011, 02:17 PM
He needs to go 20-0. But, if the WWE decided to make it awkward and go 19-1... I would probably see CM Punk ending the streak

Toby Fox
10-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Heavens no, that would be the only thing WWE could do that would stop me from watching for good.

Asherdelampyr
10-06-2011, 02:24 PM
First, I haven't seen you around, so Welcome to the fun!

If taker makes it to WM28, should he go out at 20-0 or 19-1.
I think, since he is an old school guy that his last match will result in a loss, to thank the company that essentially "made" him
I have been a taker mark since his debut, and personally I would not be dissapointed in the least to see him lose, especially if he does it for a younger talent to help get them over. Even at 19-1 the streak is a thing that will never be duplicated, and could be a very powerful tool to a younger guy. Also given his on-screen character, I see a loss as the only way to really have him walk out, he isn't going to come back and thank everyone, he will vanish.

And if 19-1, why and who gets to put the nail in the coffin for the dead man?
I would say a younger guy. Rumor has it that Taker has tried to give the streak to a few guys when they were up and coming superstars. My personal pick would be someone like Sheamus, a guy that I think you could build a brand around, and who I don't see leaving any time soon.

for other opinions, feel free to check out
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?7567-The-Undertakers-WM-28-Opponent-Thread
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?10112-Mick-Foley-vs-Undertaker

Marx
10-06-2011, 02:29 PM
He needs to go 20-0. But, if the WWE decided to make it awkward and go 19-1... I would probably see CM Punk ending the streak

Why? Because we all have a hard on for Punk? Punk is a) on Raw, b) main event, title picture. He doesn't need the win, and has no history at all with Undertaker. Punk should main event for the title at Wrestlemania. Taker should lose in my opinion. Against Kane, for all the times Kane jobbed for him, in my perfect world in a double retirement match. Or against Sheamus, or another younger guy that isn't on the absolute main event level yet.

The only legend Punk should face, is Austin, and that isn't going to happen.

If they throw in a ladder match for the IC/US title, a decent tag match, Rock vs Cena, Taker vs Sheamus, Punk vs Del Rio for the title, Orton vs. someone with a D-Bryan cash in, I won't be able to sleep the week before Wrestlemania.

Asherdelampyr
10-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Why? Because we all have a hard on for Punk? Punk is a) on Raw, b) main event, title picture. He doesn't need the win, and has no history at all with Undertaker. Punk should main event for the title at Wrestlemania. Taker should lose in my opinion. Against Kane, for all the times Kane jobbed for him, in my perfect world in a double retirement match. Or against Sheamus, or another younger guy that isn't on the absolute main event level yet.

If they throw in a ladder match for the IC/US title, a decent tag match, Rock vs Cena, Taker vs Sheamus, Punk vs Del Rio for the title, Orton vs. someone with a D-Bryan cash in, I won't be able to sleep the week before Wrestlemania.

I like this answer, and by extension I like you now

The Awesome One
10-06-2011, 03:06 PM

Technically, he does have history with the Undertaker... but fair do's I see your point
And I don't have a hard on for Punk, I just like him at the moment

shoes4jews
10-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Orton vs. someone with a D-Bryan cash in, I won't be able to sleep the week before Wrestlemania.

I don't see D-Bryan cashing in after a match. His cash in will be a legit match. WWE dropped the ball with pushing Barret because the whole Nexus story-line seems like the only real way to tie in excitement for the match. Since they didn't build up Barret like they should, I could see Barret winning the Royal Rumble to take a title shot against a big name with D-Bryan adding his name to make it a triple threat. If they had built up Barret and he'd be a heel champion right now, I would think that a great way to take the story would be to have Barret brag about his superiority to his NXT mentor, Jerico. Then either have Jerico return to win the Royal Rumble and D-Bryan make it a triple threat or do a storyline where D-Bryan has the MITB breifcase stolen and Jerico cashes in at W28. The thing about W28 is that the highlight is already Rock/Cena so WWE can use this to push other talents in the title picture. I think this is the last year tho that they could use the Nexus/NXT angle while fans remember. Next year wold be too late.

Anyway, back to the topic of Taker. I don't even see a match this year. I do see him going 20-0. This Wrestlemania would not give him the send-off that WWE would like to give him because the final match will be Rock/Cena. Don't get me wrong, he needs to retire. If a guy doesn't wrestle but maybe 5 months a year, they need to just let him go. I see at W29, Taker gets his last match. Granted he'll be a year older, but he'll show up and put on another classic match. After the win, the ring area fills with his smoke and the entire ring lowers into the ground with Taker on it. That will be the last we see of Taker.

The Awesome One
10-06-2011, 03:17 PM
I don't see D-Bryan cashing in after a match. His cash in will be a legit match. WWE dropped the ball with pushing Barret because the whole Nexus story-line seems like the only real way to tie in excitement for the match. Since they didn't build up Barret like they should, I could see Barret winning the Royal Rumble to take a title shot against a big name with D-Bryan adding his name to make it a triple threat. If they had built up Barret and he'd be a heel champion right now, I would think that a great way to take the story would be to have Barret brag about his superiority to his NXT mentor, Jerico. Then either have Jerico return to win the Royal Rumble and D-Bryan make it a triple threat or do a storyline where D-Bryan has the MITB breifcase stolen and Jerico cashes in at W28. The thing about W28 is that the highlight is already Rock/Cena so WWE can use this to push other talents in the title picture. I think this is the last year tho that they could use the Nexus/NXT angle while fans remember. Next year wold be too late.

Anyway, back to the topic of Taker. I don't even see a match this year. I do see him going 20-0. This Wrestlemania would not give him the send-off that WWE would like to give him because the final match will be Rock/Cena. Don't get me wrong, he needs to retire. If a guy doesn't wrestle but maybe 5 months a year, they need to just let him go. I see at W29, Taker gets his last match. Granted he'll be a year older, but he'll show up and put on another classic match. After the win, the ring area fills with his smoke and the entire ring lowers into the ground with Taker on it. That will be the last we see of Taker.

I LOVE that ending idea! Mine was just that everyone who he had beaten (Who was still alive) would come out, bow down before him, and the bell would "gong" 20 times... then the lights would go down and just his hat is in the middle of the ring

KJ PUNK
10-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Well first things first, is that Taker's last match won't be this Wrestlemania because there is no way that the WWE would let one of their biggest characters in history be overshadowed by Cena/Rock. The entire build of Taker's last match will be built around him.

I personally would prefer to see Taker go undefeated at Wrestlemania, but if he did have to lose, have him drop the title to someone who hasn't won a World Championship before. I would prefer Daniel Bryan, but I think he will win the title within the next 2 years so that'll be out the window.

And finally, when I read the title of this thread, I thought "I would love to go out on my back as long as Michelle McCool is on top of me too."

MP.Brouser
10-06-2011, 03:43 PM

He had history with taker in a feud in 2009.

AOF666
10-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Nobody deserves to beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania! I can see him retiring after Wrestlemania if he looses his last match.

The_Awesome_One
10-06-2011, 03:47 PM
If anyone,

Wade Barrett, Undertaker is a huge fan of his and has already said he wants 'pass the torch' to him so if anyone will break it, it would be Barrett.

But it shouldnt be ended IMO

The_Awesome_One
10-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Nobody deserves to beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania! I can see him retiring after Wrestlemania if he looses his last match.

the undertaker has gone on record in the past saying he wanted the streak to be ended, but if he still feels that way is another matter.

URATOOL
10-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Taker only just beats Orton/Sheamus/Henry or whoever has the title to become 20-1 and the WHC. While he's laying half dead on the canvas and the ref is trying to give him the belt, DB's music hits and he comes running down to slap the lebell lock onto an already beatdown Taker.

After tapping out Taker stands up. Shakes DB's hand. Holds it up as the new WHC and then chokeslams him hard. Lights go out. When they come back on Takers gone and DB is out cold in the middle of the ring with the belt laying over him.

Marx
10-06-2011, 03:58 PM
He had history with taker in a feud in 2009.

If that counts, every wrestler that reaches uppercard has a history with every other uppercard wrestler. But I'll nuance my statement: Punk has no memorable history with Taker, and they would have to really bend his current persona. Punk is fighting the establishment on Raw, whilst Taker (Smackdown) isn't even really in WWE at the moment.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-06-2011, 04:02 PM
If anyone,

Wade Barrett, Undertaker is a huge fan of his and has already said he wants 'pass the torch' to him so if anyone will break it, it would be Barrett.

But it shouldnt be ended IMO

This would be the ultimate dream scenario for me! Plus he doesn't have to win, to be put over by this! I think Taker, should go out unbeaten now!!

Y2J___Y2J
10-06-2011, 04:35 PM
No he's going 20-0.
The only guy on the roster that they might let break the streak would be Cena and he's against Rock..
And there are very few heels on the roster that could credibly beat the streak
Maybe he'll put some younger guy over..

JamFran
10-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I honestly feel he is going to win this year and come back next year for his last WM... I can see him winning his match, against whomever it may be this year, to go 20-0, then come back for next year's WM, finally lose, and retire. That way his legacy will show he won 20 WM's in a row. It doesn't need to say he retired undefeated at WM, and I think retiring at 19 in a row doesn't have the same ring as 20 in a row.

shoes4jews
10-06-2011, 04:49 PM
I LOVE that ending idea! Mine was just that everyone who he had beaten (Who was still alive) would come out, bow down before him, and the bell would "gong" 20 times... then the lights would go down and just his hat is in the middle of the ring
I like your idea as well, but I think that is just too simple for his send-off. They could even sell the idea that Taker has yet to find someone to beat him at Wrestlemania so he's going to hell to find opponents. Granted that is a bit corny, but so is Taker's persona in 2011.

My ideal match would be to build up Kane as a huge monster again. Undertaker would return to put an end to his brother's "insanity" at Wrestlemania. Undertaker would beat Kane and the ring would lower like I mentioned before. Undertaker would be dragging Kane to hell and be preventing him from returning.

Now I don't think that would be likely because 2 reasons:
1. Kane is a work-horse for the WWE and they would not want to lose him.
2. The focus would be split and not just on Taker.

More likely, Kane will retire later. I'd love seeing Taker retire like my first post suggested. That being said, Kane still needs to go out by the hands of Taker. Kane should be dragged through the floor of the ring by Taker's hand. This would end Kane in an agonizing way that suits his character. Plus WWE could do this without having to bring Mark back to do so.

daverende5
10-06-2011, 05:13 PM
If he gets beaten, that he will be beaten by a guy who uses a compilation of the finishers from the other 20 guys (no idea what giant gonzalez finisher was). Receives a lot of finishers and pin him with his own finisher.

Finishers in chronical order will be:
simple splash (not powerful whatsoever)
DDT (same as above)
chokeslam
atlantic city avalanche (from KK bundy, no idea what it is)
Jackknife (no idea how you're gonna do this to UT)
Powerbomb (same as above)
The Guardian (some know it as black hole slam, same as above.)
Pedigree
grapefruit clutch (or figure four lock)
Train wreck (how?)
RKO
world strongest slam
spear
superkick

that are 14 finisher out of 19 superstars.

evilgenius780
10-06-2011, 05:27 PM
If taker makes it to WM28, should he go out at 20-0 or 19-1. And if 19-1, why and who gets to put the nail in the coffin for the dead man?

Taker more than anyone deserves to go out how he wants, on his terms..whether its with a win or a loss..Ive always pictured it with Taker dissapearing and the Urn standing in his place, but I have heard a lot of great ideas on this forum

mnmccaslin
10-06-2011, 06:04 PM
The harsh reality that ALL OF US need to realize is that if they DO book someone to break the streak, then he'll be booed everywhere because he ended the streak.

Dr. Death
10-06-2011, 07:09 PM
The harsh reality that ALL OF US need to realize is that if they DO book someone to break the streak, then he'll be booed everywhere because he ended the streak.

That is possible, if Taker lost to a younger guy who hasn't made a name for themselves yet. However I believe that Triple H will be the guy to face Taker at Wrestlemania 28. Especially since at the RAW after last years Wrestlemania Triple H told the Undertaker that when he returns, HHH will be waiting for him. I know Taker at one time wanted to do something with Wade Barrett, but it don't look like it's going to happen. Personally, I think Taker should retire at 20 - 0. Mark William Calaway ( aka - The Undertaker ), is so beat up now that he only appears close to Wrestlemania time, he don't have much more left in him anymore.

Sage
10-06-2011, 07:28 PM
my vote would be on sheamus, bryon, or cody rhodes.

back when dibiase was doing his anti dad storyline i thought it would be cool if he tried to end takers streak to end his dads 'greatest legacy'

Kiss My Ass Club Member
10-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Taker said he wants Triple H to end it so if we get another match with those two, we know the outcome will end with Taker retiring. I think Triple H is the guy he respects enough to do it.

RLRtheSecond
10-06-2011, 08:28 PM
i've always been holding on to the pipe dream on Sting finally signing with wwe, and facing Undertaker at Wrestlemania. i'm slowly coming to terms that Sting will never sign... i agree with giving him 1 more victory, bringing it up to 20, then having Sheamus beat him.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-06-2011, 08:40 PM
:o
i've always been holding on to the pipe dream on Sting finally signing with wwe, and facing Undertaker at Wrestlemania. i'm slowly coming to terms that Sting will never sign... i agree with giving him 1 more victory, bringing it up to 20, then having Sheamus beat him.

Yup, I don't think we'll be seeing Sting!

Welcome to the Forum by the way!!

rafalafaa
10-06-2011, 09:14 PM
This is in my perfect world:

WM 28 can do without a taker match with The Rock and Cena taking precedence over any match, even my dream match of Punk vs Jericho(this is MY perfect world so shut up haha). Instead, they begin to ask the whereabouts of Undertaker around The Royal Rumble. Repeat for 29, maybe with some "confirmation" that Taker is done to put it to rest. Then around Rumble time the next year we hear a gong and promote a return which ends up being his last hurrah at WM 30, which is obviously going to be at Madison Square Garden.....i just haven't figured out with who yet (he definitely wins though). Maybe 3 time WWE Champ Zack Ryder ^_^

Theres obvious holes with this idea, like keeping taker out of the ring for 3 years, and the fact that hes in bad shape physically. but that was the case this past year and he had a great match.

jhf1601
10-06-2011, 09:22 PM
What I would love to see is a 3 stages of Hell match vs Kane. Life vs streak. Hell in a cell, inferno, and buried alive would be the stipulations. Have Taker win the 1st and third, and after he puts Kane in the ground, Paul Bearer appears and the lights go out. They come back on and all three are gone, leaving nothing left but Takers hat, which suddenly catches on fire and burns to dust. They are never heard from again in a kayfabe manner.

A bit silly yes, but its a great way for both die hard veterans to shine in the matches that they originated and it means for getting some of the older guys out to create roster space and TV time for the new. I am seriously hoping that this will happen as well as Punk vs Austin and Rhodes vs Jericho match so the whole theme of WM28 is a clash of eras type of scenario. I feel like you could build an awesome card around that type of idea, and I would love to see it happen.

Tommy Thunder
10-06-2011, 09:45 PM
There's not much point debating this.
Taker's going out 20-0. There isn't any young guys who deserves to end the streak at the moment.

wrestlingfan66513
10-06-2011, 10:23 PM
If Taker does lose it has to be to a Young guy who is loyal to the WWE and expected to get a push. It would be a waste if he got the John Morrison treatment a few months after the match or left the company to go to ROH or TNA after the WWE gave him the honor of winning. I think Cody Rhodes would be a good choice if he evolved a little bit more and got a few more moves for the big time.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-06-2011, 10:50 PM
I am appalled by the lack of respect that two future main eventers are not getting in this thread. These two guys are Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes both of which have yet to be mentioned as possible candidates to face the Undertaker. I think if Taker really wanted to put someone over in his final match it should be either Rhodes or Ziggler. These two are both future main eventers in the WWE I guarantee it.

Asherdelampyr
10-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Rhodes has been mentioned... Ziggler still needs more time imo if he gets pushef too hard too fast it will flop badly

zapphoman
10-06-2011, 11:01 PM
I am appalled by the lack of respect that two future main eventers are not getting in this thread. These two guys are Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes both of which have yet to be mentioned as possible candidates to face the Undertaker. I think if Taker really wanted to put someone over in his final match it should be either Rhodes or Ziggler. These two are both future main eventers in the WWE I guarantee it.

Really? In Undertakers final match he should face Rhodes or Ziggler? Nothing against these two, I really like both of them, but I just can't see The Undertakers last match being against either of them. I see it being either Kane or Haitch.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Really? In Undertakers final match he should face Rhodes or Ziggler? Nothing against these two, I really like both of them, but I just can't see The Undertakers last match being against either of them. I see it being either Kane or Haitch.

Undertaker has stated if the streak ends he wants it to be an up and comer. Now Kane and HHH do not fit that description.

kashani1984
10-07-2011, 06:14 AM
I think a good way for taker to go out would be Taker vs Vince McMahon at WM28 in a buried alive match, as I dont think taker will be able to deliver another 5 star match. Im not a huge taker fn, but I feel he was like a fine wine and got betteer with age. But Taker vs McMahon in a buried alive match would allow Vince to have an evil plan to put an end to the streak.

Vinnie Macs evil plan would be at the start of the match, former WM oponents of the Dead man would run down the isle inj the form of Snuka, Jake the Snake, Bundy (if he is still alive,I dnt knw) Diesel, Sid and maybe even Albert who all put beating on the dead man as Vince has that evil smile on his face all the former victims of taker start to leave the ring, as the dead man is laying on the mat which looks like he will finaly lose then the gong sounds and Paul barer rises from the grave with the urn, and the power of the urn has taker sit up, to McMahons surprise, then all the former WM foes return, but this time are met with big boots, chokeslams, last rides and tombstones as Vince watches on in horrer. Taker then drags Vince to the buried alive grave where he is about to put vince to restas vince screams but always the evil genius, Vince has a plan B. The entrance pyro of Kane goes off and the big red machine makes his way out in, complete with mask, to the grave where he and the dead man stare eachother in the eyes, as Vince gets to his feet, both Kane and taker wrap there hands round vinces neck and chokslam him into the grave for a taker win... But taker urges Kane to send him to hell with Vince, after a brief moment Kane obliges and Chokeslams the dead man into the grave to a big ball of flames. Takes WM streak ends 20-0, McMahon gets written off TV for good. n WWE has a new monster, in the form of classic masked Kane.

steveorton
10-07-2011, 06:39 AM
Undertaker should remain undefeated.

Dr. Death
10-07-2011, 08:17 AM
[QUOTE=Peter Kaymakcian;285014]Undertaker has stated if the streak ends he wants it to be an up and comer. Now Kane and HHH do not fit that description.[/QUOTE

I haven't heard that. I'm not saying your wrong, I just don't remember him mentioning this. Could you give me some insight on when this was supposed to have happened? I know about the Wade Barrett thing, but aside from this. I still think he'll remain undefeated, but if The Streak does end I believe Triple H will be the guy. The Undertaker, Triple H, and Shawn Michaels were really friends backstage and in real life. What Triple H told Undertaker before last years Wrestlemania about when one of them can no longer go anymore, only one of the three of them would take that person out, was not I believe storyline, it came from the heart. Undertaker took Shawn out when Shawn thought he could no longer perform at his best, now I believe it is Takers turn to be retired by Triple H due to a mutual respect agreement. However, I would like to see Taker retire undefeated.

cubco
10-07-2011, 10:14 AM
I think that Undertaker will have a match at WM28 to take it to 20-0 ... HHH said that he would be waiting for Undertaker to return, so there is a possible re-match between them two which could potentially happen. But that could only happen I think if Undertaker returns any time now and gets involved in the whole conspiracy angle, but I'm not too sure on that.

If it isn't HHH, then I think Undertaker will be facing Sheamus or Wade Barrett at WM28. Both would be a great match, but ultimately, Undertaker takes it 20-0.

The WWE can easilly rest him until WM29 and have them announce it will be his last ever match. But as an interesting twist, I would do something along the lines of: It's his last match, everyone on the roster wants to have the chance to face Undertaker at WM29 in his last match. So for one time only, the rules of the Royal Rumble will change. The winner of the 2013 rumble will be the last person to have the chance to end the streak. As for the titles, the number one contenders can be decided in the Elimination Chamber matches. I would book John Cena to win that match. I think that only Cena and Jericho would be potential candidates for him to face, but with Cena as the bigger name, i can see it being him. John Cena vs The Undertaker at WrestleMania 29, the only guy who could potentially end the streak. Undertaker wins the match to end his career on a 21-0 streak. The druids come down to the ring with a casket, the ring area is all surrounded by smoke, and Undertaker gets into the casket then is taken away by the druids to end the show

El T Draino 316
10-07-2011, 11:00 AM
I may receive some backlash for this, but I've always though it could be an interesting solution.

His final match could end in a draw - some epic, 50 minute war, ending in both men collapsing and being counted to ten.

I could hear JR now, "By gawd The Undertaker has entered 20 Wrestlemania's and NEVER been defeated! But HBK has done it, the boy-hood dream that grew into a grown man's dream! He has ended the winning streak!

The titantron goes from 19-0...to...19-1-0.

Something like that. Just throwing a twist on an otherwise trite convo.

El T Draino 316
10-07-2011, 11:08 AM
My ideal match would be to build up Kane as a huge monster again. Undertaker would return to put an end to his brother's "insanity" at Wrestlemania. Undertaker would beat Kane and the ring would lower like I mentioned before. Undertaker would be dragging Kane to hell and be preventing him from returning.

If it's been said I apologize, but if they try and turn Kane back into a beast for Wrestlemania -bring back the mask and the old one sleeve. I don't care how or why, but that would be really really awesome. It would instantly make Kane twice as scary and legit - in my humble opinion.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-07-2011, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=Peter Kaymakcian;285014]Undertaker has stated if the streak ends he wants it to be an up and comer. Now Kane and HHH do not fit that description.[/QUOTE

I haven't heard that. I'm not saying your wrong, I just don't remember him mentioning this. Could you give me some insight on when this was supposed to have happened? I know about the Wade Barrett thing, but aside from this. I still think he'll remain undefeated, but if The Streak does end I believe Triple H will be the guy. The Undertaker, Triple H, and Shawn Michaels were really friends backstage and in real life. What Triple H told Undertaker before last years Wrestlemania about when one of them can no longer go anymore, only one of the three of them would take that person out, was not I believe storyline, it came from the heart. Undertaker took Shawn out when Shawn thought he could no longer perform at his best, now I believe it is Takers turn to be retired by Triple H due to a mutual respect agreement. However, I would like to see Taker retire undefeated.

I remember reading on ewrestlingnews like two years ago around Wrestlemania time. It was when the WWE was high on Ted Dibease

ed is dead
10-07-2011, 05:51 PM
i don't think the undertaker cares that much about the streak as all of you. it's just a promotional tool for him. he has wanted the streak to end for a while, asking kane, kurt angle, and randy orton to end it, all who respectfully declined. undertaker doesn't need the streak, he was already a legend before all this buzz about the streak started a couple of years ago. besides, taker would want to retire at the grandest stage of them all, just like stone cold steve austin, ric flair, and shawn michaels did. and in order to do that he has to end his career on his back, it's a time honored tradition in wrestling. i could see a young up and comer like wade barret or cody rhodes possibly ending it, both of them future world champs, or kane, who has had a long history with the undertaker. i think the latter would be better for closure as kane has faced undertaker three times at wrestlemania and lost each time of course. what better way to end a long and illustrious career.

stinger22
03-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Now that HBK is involved many think that he will screw HHH out of the win. My question is what does that do to the credibility of the Undertaker's 20th win. I don't think WWE can have any kind of controversy in an Undertaker WrestleMania match.

The whole streak he has had clean wins. I don't think UT would want HBK (or any referee for that matter) deciding the outcome of the match, kayfabe or not.

Robstar
03-08-2012, 11:46 PM
See, here the trouble with this. Why have HHH and HBK fall out? I think HBK will sell well the conflict he feels at the prospect of either guy winning - he couldn't break UT's streak so he doesn't want HHH to but he wants his friend to win although he's torn now because he has such respect for UT and the streak. It's going to end with the slowest 3 count in history, that's for damn sure.

URATOOL
03-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Now that HBK is involved many think that he will screw HHH out of the win. My question is what does that do to the credibility of the Undertaker's 20th win. I don't think WWE can have any kind of controversy in an Undertaker WrestleMania match.

The whole streak he has had clean wins. I don't think UT would want HBK (or any referee for that matter) deciding the outcome of the match, kayfabe or not.

It will look like he's gonna screw one of them and they'll knock him out. Enter second ref....

bearkg88
03-08-2012, 11:54 PM
See, here the trouble with this. Why have HHH and HBK fall out? I think HBK will sell well the conflict he feels at the prospect of either guy winning - he couldn't break UT's streak so he doesn't want HHH to but he wants his friend to win although he's torn now because he has such respect for UT and the streak. It's going to end with the slowest 3 count in history, that's for damn sure.Excellent point. I fully expect HHH will get to the point where he has Taker beat, HBK goes to count, and stops after two leading to a confrontation between HHH and HBK

Tomsta666
03-08-2012, 11:55 PM
I'm thinking this could be a double bluff, and it will turn into a handicap Taker vs both HHH and HBK.

The Brown One
03-08-2012, 11:56 PM

No. If I'm not mistaken, Taker beat Giant Gonzales by DQ. But I do expect to see some controversy. I expect HBK to hit the SCM on both Trips, and Taker during the match, at different times, giving the other one in the match time to pin the other.

Robstar
03-09-2012, 12:06 AM
I really hoped HBK could be one of these guys who stayed out of the action once he retired. Cut a promo? Sure. Be a GM? Why not. But this whole set up smacks of interference on some level.

URATOOL
03-09-2012, 12:08 AM
I really hoped HBK could be one of these guys who stayed out of the action once he retired. Cut a promo? Sure. Be a GM? Why not. But this whole set up smacks of interference on some level.

Maybe someone will take him out on the ramp. Hmmmmmmm *engages crazy booking mode*. Out of nowhere Vince takes out HBK with a chair shot. Vince becomes special ref and screws Trips. Johnny Ace appears on the titan and thanks Vince for his help. The camera pans out and Bowtunga has Stephane in a headlock!

Robstar
03-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Maybe someone will take him out on the ramp. Hmmmmmmm *engages crazy booking mode*. Out of nowhere Vince takes out HBK with a chair shot. Vince becomes special ref and screws Trips. Johnny Ace appears on the titan and thanks Vince for his help. The camera pans out and Bowtunga has Stephane in a bondage outfit!

**fixed that for ya

URATOOL
03-09-2012, 12:17 AM
**fixed that for ya

Have you been on the Tooheys this arvo?

Robstar
03-09-2012, 12:19 AM

Not yet mate. I have a date with a Carlton Draught later on though ;)

URATOOL
03-09-2012, 01:07 AM
Not yet mate. I have a date with a Carlton Draught later on though ;)

I have the boys coming over for poker. I just can't decide between Rosé or sugar free cruisers.....

The Brown One
03-09-2012, 01:12 AM

Dafuq is arvo? I've heard many Aussies say that..but never knew what it quite meant.

B-MCINTYRE
03-09-2012, 01:14 AM
Dafuq is arvo? I've heard many Aussies say that..but never knew what it quite meant.

Afternoon...

drumn4life0789
03-09-2012, 01:46 AM
The only way that I see HBK screwing HHH is if HBK is planning on having one more match. This could set up A Triple Threat for next year. Taker will be pissed because he didn't win clean and would want to take out both legitemantly the next year

Rick BoA
03-09-2012, 03:42 AM
Taker will have the match won, HBK will SCM Taker. HHH will get back up, shawn will have a look of dispair in his eyes and SCM HHH leaving both men on the ground. They will struggle to get up and the fight will continue.

Robstar
03-09-2012, 04:44 AM
I have the boys coming over for poker. I just can't decide between Rosé or sugar free cruisers.....

Oh 'Toolie, go with the Breezers with your mates while you watch the replay of the GAL Mardi Gras!

B-MCINTYRE
03-09-2012, 05:05 AM
Oh 'Toolie, go with the Breezers with your mates while you watch the replay of the GAL Mardi Gras!

Nah fuck breezers. Get the WKD's out. Those are what you want.

OT: The only way HBK is turning on someone is if it results in another HBK v Undertaker match. HBK has too much respect for Taker to go against the retirement match with him unless it is with Taker. IMO

impercua
03-09-2012, 05:13 AM
I always thought it was a double bluff. HBK may play it as though he's calling it straight or perhaps even slightly in Taker's favour, but then he will turn on Taker (perhaps a SCM or stalling on a count). Then you know of HBK's intentions and that it's almost impossible for Taker to win - but he will, obviously. It makes Taker winning seem even greater and gives you that moment where you think perhaps he can't win this, where if HBK is screwing HHH, Taker winning is easy and there's no tension because the odds are in his favour. HBK has to be biased toward HHH to make Taker's win seem great and unexpected. He beats both of them against everything.

Lowki
03-09-2012, 05:51 AM
#1 I personally think HBK will TRY and screw the undertaker, the undertaker will somehow turn it around and have Triple H in a state where he just can't get back up, forcing HBK to count the 3. If done right they can make it look like Undertaker overcame the odds of a biased referee AND still won. It would solidify they idea they've been going with that the streak is just unbreakable and almost "mythical". To beat HHH with HBK 'aiding' him as a ref would definitely be a good end to his career.
#2 Either that or Foley will somehow get involved as a referee to balance it out; which would be very stupid indeed. Hell, could even see a Vince cameo at some point (possibly during scenario 2)
In essence, i don't mind a biased ref if it actually ends in a clean win for taker.

Bodom
03-09-2012, 07:29 AM
"Can't have controversy in an Undertaker win"

Look up Undertaker vs Giant Gonzalez buddy.

FXK2I
03-09-2012, 07:55 AM
I want to see:

Kane & Undertaker Vs Imposter Kane & Imposter Undertaker (TAG TEAM MATCH)

CenationRules1087
03-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Undertaker streak is not going to end this year even if Wwe wants it to end. This year's Wrestlemania is headlined by Cena and The Rock, and Wwe is not going to take the risk of two major events happening at Wrestlemania this following year. Wwe is filled with surprises so anything can happen.

Playboy Stevie V
03-09-2012, 05:48 PM
This might be a little controversial, but is it just me or was anyone else disappointed that HBK was going to be the ref? I really wanted a Triple H vs Undertaker HITC match straight up with no interference or any other outside/inside influences. I wanted a straight up legend vs legend, brutal match. I didn't want HBK to be a factor whatsoever, except for maybe promos, like he has been doing, but not in the actual match.

Don't get me wrong, I love HBK, he WAS Mr. WM, he had two of the best straight up matches with the Undertaker I've ever seen and he's all around the best in ring preformer of all time.

It makes me feel like he's stealing the spotlight from Triple H. Triple H was not a factor in HBK's matches vs the Undertaker at either WM. He comes off looking selfish (Hulk Hoganish).

I just don't like that HBK took any focus off Triple H and the Undertaker and placed it on him. Too me it slightly ruined the match I wanted to see, after it was initially announced.

I don't have a prediction of what I think HBK will do during this match. I just wish he wasn't a factor in it.

It will STILL be a great match though.

Just my opinion.

twoot2
03-09-2012, 06:38 PM
I don't think HBK is going to decide the outcome of the match, he will however get physically involved somehow. I see him giving the sweet chin music to both guys at some point in the match. But when it's all set and done, the streak will remain intact at 20-0.

bearkg88
03-09-2012, 08:19 PM
This might be a little controversial, but is it just me or was anyone else disappointed that HBK was going to be the ref? I really wanted a Triple H vs Undertaker HITC match straight up with no interference or any other outside/inside influences. I wanted a straight up legend vs legend, brutal match. I didn't want HBK to be a factor whatsoever, except for maybe promos, like he has been doing, but not in the actual match.

Don't get me wrong, I love HBK, he WAS Mr. WM, he had two of the best straight up matches with the Undertaker I've ever seen and he's all around the best in ring preformer of all time.

It makes me feel like he's stealing the spotlight from Triple H. Triple H was not a factor in HBK's matches vs the Undertaker at either WM. He comes off looking selfish (Hulk Hoganish).

I just don't like that HBK took any focus off Triple H and the Undertaker and placed it on him. Too me it slightly ruined the match I wanted to see, after it was initially announced.

I don't have a prediction of what I think HBK will do during this match. I just wish he wasn't a factor in it.

It will STILL be a great match though.

Just my opinion.

I for one wasn't disappointed. I am a huge HBK fan. As for your comment out him stealing the spotlight from HHH, if anything(and keep in mind this is pure speculation), he was probably asked to be involved, and didn't just interject himself

Playboy Stevie V
03-09-2012, 08:43 PM
I for one wasn't disappointed. I am a huge HBK fan. As for your comment out him stealing the spotlight from HHH, if anything(and keep in mind this is pure speculation), he was probably asked to be involved, and didn't just interject himself

Fair enough and you are most likely correct on your speculation.

I just had that gut feeling when HBK announced he would be ref. I was mostly checking to see if I was off base with that initial reaction. So far it looks like I was.

By the way, I'm not HBK bashing, in fact HBK is in my fav five of all time.

bearkg88
03-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Fair enough and you are most likely correct on your speculation.

I just had that gut feeling when HBK announced he would be ref. I was mostly checking to see if I was off base with that initial reaction. So far it looks like I was.

By the way, I'm not HBK bashing, in fact HBK is in my fav five of all time.

I get what you are saying. A few others felt the same way you did. Honestly, I would rather have seen HBK added as a third man making it a triple threat, but I'll take guest referee over nothing any day

blink
03-09-2012, 10:54 PM
I get what you are saying. A few others felt the same way you did. Honestly, I would rather have seen HBK added as a third man making it a triple threat, but I'll take guest referee over nothing any day
I agree 100% with you here bud. Hbk is my all time favorite and just knowing he's gonna be on raw gets my interest peaked! As for the "hogan-ish" comment, the big difference here was hbk was more than likely asked where hogan would just demand to be in it. He loves him so spot light. I think hbk's involvement will add a whole new layer of drama to the match and can't wait to see the story these wrestlers tell in the ring. I'm dying to see hbk perform again. At least one more time. We'll never see another talent like him again.

bearkg88
03-09-2012, 11:06 PM
I agree 100% with you here bud. Hbk is my all time favorite and just knowing he's gonna be on raw gets my interest peaked! As for the "hogan-ish" comment, the big difference here was hbk was more than likely asked where hogan would just demand to be in it. He loves him so spot light. I think hbk's involvement will add a whole new layer of drama to the match and can't wait to see the story these wrestlers tell in the ring. I'm dying to see hbk perform again. At least one more time. We'll never see another talent like him again.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love for HBK to come back in the squared circle as a wrestler. But i think it would be then one of those scenarios we always want one more match from him. I'd like to see him become GM of Raw. He could do so much better than Johnny A. Plus, SCM each week. Mwahahaha

eboy
03-10-2012, 03:22 AM

what about his victory over Giant Gonzalez. HBK will try to screw TAKER!!!!!. he will sweet chin music Taker and help HHH get it done, but Taker will kick out and come back to win. that will fit the occasion of takers 20th and last WM match

URATOOL
03-10-2012, 04:08 AM
Just for all you guys trying to prove a point by bring up Taker's win over Giant Gonzalez. That was WM IX. Only the third match into what would become the streak. No one knew back then we'd be going into the match for 20-0 in less than a months time. Back then there was no concerns about the credibility of how Taker won it. Back then a win by any means was a win. Now it would tarnish the streak to have Taker win any other way than cleanly. If you can't see that then you need to ease off the weed!

Robstar
03-10-2012, 04:44 AM
And it was Giant fucking Gonzalez for crying out loud. The guy was less of a wrestler than Teddy Long.

I think the signs point to UT having at least a 21st match at WM. I think he'll be a lot more active this year

URATOOL
03-10-2012, 05:01 AM
And it was Giant fucking Gonzalez for crying out loud. The guy was less of a wrestler than Teddy Long.

I think the signs point to UraTool having at least a 21st match at WM. I think he'll be a lot more active this year

Shhhh I haven't signed any contracts yet.

MR Boss
03-10-2012, 05:22 AM
If HHH does actually end the streak. I think all negative heat will be on Shawn even if he didn't do any interference in the match.

ToWhomItConcerns.
03-11-2012, 10:22 AM
(Unless I skipped over it) I'm kinda shocked that everybody is relying on the Taker vs Giant Gonzalez match as a reference to 1 of his Mania matches not ending cleanly.

Anybody remember Taker vs Sid for the title at Mania 13. Bret Hart interfered.

Robstar
03-11-2012, 04:56 PM
(Unless I skipped over it) I'm kinda shocked that everybody is relying on the Taker vs Giant Gonzalez match as a reference to 1 of his Mania matches not ending cleanly.

Anybody remember Taker vs Sid for the title at Mania 13. Bret Hart interfered.

Wasn't that the match that Sid shit himself in? Lolol, talk about not ending cleanly!

ParagonOfVirtue
03-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Does anyone else feel like complete shit for Mark Calaway? Botching the date for WM... wow, just wow. Sucks for him man. And hearing the crowd playing onto it really sucked. I mean, yeah, what do you expect when something like that happens. But damn dude, it's the Undertaker! But I mean.... if you can shoot lightning bolts out of your fingers, you should be able to remember the one day a year you actually have to work...

Pumpkinhead
03-13-2012, 09:23 AM
He'll call the match right in the middle, after Taker wins He''l superkick him

jjlbuck82
03-13-2012, 09:56 AM
I agree with you mostly. i wanted to see a straight up match between the two. It would have been epic. I do not think hbk is trying to steal anything or be Hoganish (I like that ref lol). I think hes doing what hes told to do by VKM. He probably asked to part of mania in some capacity and this is how he was used. What else would he be part of at mania he fits perfectly into this storyline. I do hope he gets knocked out late in the match and isn't involved in the finish.

ErrbY
06-26-2012, 04:23 PM
I was doing a little Wrestlemania research and trivia and came across some interesting things.

There are only three prominent names with more than two matches that are undefeated at WM.

Undertaker, 20-0
Rob Van Dam, 4-0
The Miz, 3-0

Undertaker is done soon. The streak is his thing and will never end, or get beaten by another man's streak. The only time I truly cared about the streak AND was worried he could legitimately lose it to somebody (not just in moments in a match such as Triple H Tombstoning him, or HBK hitting SCM followed by the Pedigree this year) was WMXX-WM25. I could have seen Kane winning based on their history, Randy Orton based on giving him the push of eternity, Mark Henry not so much, Edge put up a great match but never expected him to win, and then Shawn Michaels could have legitimately retired Taker if the coin flip landed on the other side.

Rob Van Dam isn't even in the company anymore. He hasn't been in a WM match since WM23. Even if he did return to the WWE for a few more years, they couldn't do anything with a streak for him except push it under the rug like they did with Edge for a while. Besides, he is only a few years younger than Taker.

Which brings us to the Miz. He is 31 years old and a former WWE Champion. I can see him sneaking into the 6-8 wins range and begin bragging about that. At which point he would probably be considered a legitimate performer, but will also always come across as beatable. I think that would be really fun to see. Imagine Miz talking about his streak, and each year from 8-0 onward people don't want to beat him for history or legacy, like people who wanted to end the Undertaker, but to shut the guy up. Maybe he finally loses and becomes 11-1 or something.

What do you guys think? Would it be entertaining rooting against a streak instead of for a streak?

If another streak became prominent, say 7+ wins, how high should it go?

K2Jelly
06-26-2012, 04:25 PM
You know The Miz has lost at Wrestlemania, right? He lost his first WM match at Wrestlemania 25.

PSOjedi
06-26-2012, 04:29 PM
it was a Tag Team match

HeelTurn
06-26-2012, 04:30 PM
You know The Miz has lost at Wrestlemania, right? He lost his first WM match at Wrestlemania 25.

I'm sure this has been discussed before and people don't always agree lol But it was a dark match, before Mania, not at the PPV, not on the card, not televised, but purely a dark match.

K2Jelly
06-26-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed before and people don't always agree lol But it was a dark match, before Mania, not at the PPV, not on the card, not televised, but purely a dark match.

I know it was a dark match but I was under the impression that it still counted as a Wrestlemania match whether it was televised or not.

HeelTurn
06-26-2012, 04:32 PM
I know it was a dark match but I was under the impression that it still counted as a Wrestlemania match whether it was televised or not.

The WWE doesnt officially recognise it, but some people on here do.