PDA

View Full Version : World Heavyweight championship MITB

derrrr01
06-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Thus far it consists of Damien Sandow, Tyson Kidd, Santino Marella, Christian, and Tensai.

Do you guys think that the WHC MITB is going to make up for the WWE championship MITB?(doubt it will be too exciting, as I hate big guys in ladder matches)

How many more people do you think they will add to the match? And who?

Personally I see Ziggler, Sin Cara, and hopefully a returning Wade Barrett filling the last 3 spots(I think they'll do 8 people)

bearkg88
06-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Thus far it consists of Damien Sandow, Tyson Kidd, Santino Marella, Christian, and Tensai.

Do you guys think that the WHC MITB is going to make up for the WWE championship MITB?(doubt it will be too exciting, as I hate big guys in ladder matches)

How many more people do you think they will add to the match? And who?

Personally I see Ziggler, Sin Cara, and hopefully a returning Wade Barrett filling the last 3 spots(I think they'll do 8 people)

I could agree with that. While I don't think the WWE Championship match will be a dud, it won't be anything WOW worthy. I think we could see Mysterio return and be a part and if Barrett isnt healthy, I could see the MITB winner holding onto the suitcase till Barrett comes back to challenge for it possibly

Tommy Thunder
06-26-2012, 10:34 PM
I don't think that all the participants for the WWE title one have been named yet. I expect Rey Mysterio to be added to it for sure, so that they don't have to rely heavy on Jericho to do all the high spots. I also see The Miz perhaps added to make it an even 6.

As for the WHC one, while I'm not surprised to see Tensai in the match (they always have one big guy in there) I am surprised that they have denied Gabriel the chance to be in the match (given that Tensai beat him to qualify). While Gabriel would never have won it, he has been in 2 MITB matches (I think, or is it one?) and had good showings.
I expect that the final 6th spot is for Wade Barrett. They're just waiting to see if he'll be ready in time IMO. If he's not, then perhaps we'll see Rhodes in there perhaps?

I don't think Sin Cara will be in, since it seems he's starting a feud with Cesaro. So IMO, if Barrett isn't ready to return, Rhodes will get the final spot.

wrestlingfan66513
06-26-2012, 10:36 PM
This is about the exact opposite of the WWE title MITB, filled with newer, younger talent (minus Tensai) instead of putting a dumb stipulation that hurts the younger talent. So it will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Y2JLionsault
06-26-2012, 11:07 PM
Anyone else think its a shit go that Justin Gabriel lost out on being in MITB so Tensai could be in it. I'm hating it. I think one of the matches should be an all Cruiserweight match.

bearkg88
06-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Where is the spoiler in the title bro? come on! But yes..I agree.kind of whack.

thedag
06-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Anyone else think its a shit go that Justin Gabriel lost out on being in MITB so Tensai could be in it. I'm hating it. I think one of the matches should be an all Cruiserweight match.

next time put spoiler in the title.

Y2JLionsault
06-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Sorry guys, stupid mistake :/

Dashing Rachel
06-27-2012, 12:41 AM
After getting squashed by Santino Marella on this week's SmackDown, Cody Rhodes failed to qualify for the World Heavyweight Championship match at the Money in the Bank PPV.

I heard reports that Rhodes had backstage heat for his arrogant behavior which may explain his losing ways as of late.
With CM Punk facing Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship and Sheamus likely facing Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler for the World Heavyweight Championship at Money in the Bank, do you think Cody Rhodes will be left off the card at the Money in the Bank ​PPV?

Tommy Thunder
06-27-2012, 12:52 AM
There's still one spot left in the WHC MITB match. IMO, that spot is for Wade Barrett, but if he's not ready to return in time, I think Cody will take that spot.
However, if Barrett (or someone else) takes the final spot, then I'm not sure what Cody will be doing at MITB.

I hadn't heard about his backstage heat though.

Dashing Rachel
06-27-2012, 01:00 AM
There's still one spot left in the WHC MITB match. IMO, that spot is for Wade Barrett, but if he's not ready to return in time, I think Cody will take that spot.
However, if Barrett (or someone else) takes the final spot, then I'm not sure what Cody will be doing at MITB.

I hadn't heard about his backstage heat though.

Speaking of backstage heat, I just came across this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I806F4drrh0

Snair
06-27-2012, 01:05 AM
Cody is World Championship material there's no doubt about that.If in future he goes on become "CHAMPION" without MITB, it would make him look even more credible.

scribbler_jones
06-27-2012, 01:07 AM
No Rhodes in MITB?!?

... Damn them. DAMN THEM ALL.

Tommy Thunder
06-27-2012, 01:09 AM
Speaking of backstage heat, I just came across this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I806F4drrh0

HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! Some funny shit right there!!

american_dragon
06-27-2012, 01:44 AM
Think they are holding off on putting Ziggler and Del Rio in a MITB until Raw this Monday since there is the triple threat on smackdown this Friday. I see Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler at MITB. They will have Del Rio in the WWE title MITB match. More than likely have Rey added athe last one. As for the last one to the World title MITB match hopefully it is Wade Barret returning but it might be Sin Cara, Zack Ryder, or Brodus Clay if he does not return.

I see the MITB ppv shaping up to be:

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan - WWE Title - AJ as special ref.
Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler (w/Vicki Guerroro) - World Title
WWE title MITB - Cena, Jericho, Big Show, Kane, Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio
World title MITB - Tensai, Damien Sandow, Santino Marella, Christain, Tyson Kidd, Wade Barret
Layla vs Beth Phoenix - Diva's Title
Prime Time Players vs ?? - vacated Tag Titles

Kaisered
06-27-2012, 01:45 AM
Hmmm interesting since both christian and santino are on the card but for some reason i do see christian pulling off two matches in a ppv one the mitb and the other one the icc against cody. I just hope he doesnt do the youtube thing before it that'll be a wrong move.

Dashing Rachel
06-27-2012, 01:51 AM
Hmmm interesting since both christian and santino are on the card but for some reason i do see christian pulling off two matches in a ppv one the mitb and the other one the icc against cody. I just hope he doesnt do the youtube thing before it that'll be a wrong move.

I could be wrong but according to the SmackDown spoilers, both Cody Rhodes and David Otunga received jobber entrances. As for Cody, I'm pretty sure that he will probably will not have a match on next week's SmackDown considering that it's gonna be a jam-packed episode with RAW Superstars John Cena, CM Punk, et al making appearances and we'll probably have a match on Superstars instead against maybe a Yoshi Tatsu or a Justin Gabriel.

I don't expect Christian doing double duty at the Money in the Bank ​PPV but I wouldn't be surprised if Rhodes competes in the Youtube match against maybe Sin Cara.

Haruko Haruhara
06-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Attaboy say spoiler in the title yet put the spoiler in the title as well!

PSOjedi
06-27-2012, 02:12 AM
And the winner of the SD MITB Ladder match is.............

Santino Marella !!

If Wade Barrett is not in the match, I think it will happen.

Kenny Kaos
06-27-2012, 02:53 AM
Can't believe I'm actually going to say this: The Smackdown MITB match looks MILES better than the Raw one already!

Okay, you can argue the Raw one has more star power, but thats not what MITB is about. Its about elevating emerging stars to possible main event status. A little shocked the likes of Tyson Kidd and Sandow are in it, but delighted non the less.

I can see Tyson Kidd playing a huge roll in this. In terms of crazy spots, and with him being the smallest guy in the match, being the sacrificial lamb, ala Sin Cara/Sheamus in the LAST MITB match!

If Sheamus is still WHC I can see a heel winning it. Tensai and Sandow? I just can't see it. Tensai has been on Superstars as of late. Sandow, too soon. The guy for me is gold, and at least in this match up he should find a worthy opponent. Would actually be interested to see Sandow and Tensai mix it up.

Santino obviously in there for comic value. Christian mentioned he wanted to leave a Hall of Fame legacy like his friend Edge. Winning MITB would go a long way to cementing that legacy. A returning Wade Barrett victory would certainly shake things up too. Really looking forward to this MITB match.

Straight Edge Chuy
06-27-2012, 03:06 AM
It would be cool to see a 450 splash off a ladder it could be like Evan Bournes airbourne from last years Money in the Bank.

Robstar
06-27-2012, 03:12 AM
That's a really bad cover up of the spoiler title lol. But you tried, I'll give you that :)

Kenny Kaos
06-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Well, at least one thing is for sure. Sandow looks like he may finally face a worthy opponent!....You're welcome!

StingNWO
06-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Damien Sandow- I feel he could be the surprise winner of the match. Maybe hold the briefcase for awhile to build up some credibility.

Christian- No unless they do what they did with Miz (win the briefcase then lose his midcard title to his old NXT rookie). Miz lost his US title to D-Bry, maybe Christian will lose to Slater.

Tyson Kidd- Only there for that fantastic high-flying moment off a ladder.

Santino Marella- WWE has given him plenty of late (current US Champ, final 2 in 2011 Royal Rumble, final 2 in 2012 Elimination Chamber WHC match)

Tensai- To me the most credible. He has the size and aggression which Vince likes. He would really have nothing interesting to do if he doesn't win MITB.

And these are all assuming there's no more participants, which there should be.

Dashing Rachel
06-28-2012, 09:21 PM
In my latest blog http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/entry.php?43035-What-to-expect-at-the-Money-in-the-Bank-PPV-(Warning-contains-spoilers), I predicted that Wade Barrett will be the sixth and final participant of the WHC MITB Ladder Match. I also predicted that Money in the Bank will be the first PPV that Cody Rhodes will miss since last year's SummerSlam (I have Rhodes competing in the YouTube match). How would you feel if Rhodes doesn't compete in the Money in the Bank ​PPV? I would feel bad, but you can't appear on every PPV you know.

CricketTragic
06-29-2012, 12:07 AM
In my latest blog http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/entry.php?43035-What-to-expect-at-the-Money-in-the-Bank-PPV-(Warning-contains-spoilers), I predicted that Wade Barrett will be the sixth and final participant of the WHC MITB Ladder Match. I also predicted that Money in the Bank will be the first PPV that Cody Rhodes will miss since last year's SummerSlam (I have Rhodes competing in the YouTube match). How would you feel if Rhodes doesn't compete in the Money in the Bank ​PPV? I would feel bad, but you can't appear on every PPV you know.

I think Cody will compete somewhere, and its pretty sad if he doesnt because I always felt that MITB was the second easiest PPV to get on to behind Rumble

Dashing Rachel
06-29-2012, 02:17 AM
I think Cody will compete somewhere, and its pretty sad if he doesnt because I always felt that MITB was the second easiest PPV to get on to behind Rumble

I know. It seems that Cody's being pushed aside by the likes of Daniel Bryan, Big Show, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, Chris Jericho, etc.

BTW, this is what my MITB card will look like:

PRESHOW MATCH
SIN CARA VS. CODY RHODES

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP WITH A.J. AS SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE
CM PUNK (C) VS. DANIEL BRYAN

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
SHEAMUS (C) VS. ALBERTO DEL RIO

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP
LAYLA (C) VS. EVE TORRES

RYBACK VS. 2 LOCAL COMPETITORS

WWE MITB LADDER MATCH
JOHN CENA VS. KANE VS. BIG SHOW VS. CHRIS JERICHO VS. REY MYSTERIO VS. DOLPH ZIGGLER

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MITB LADDER MATCH
CHRISTIAN VS. TENSAI VS. TYSON KIDD VS. SANTINO MARELLA VS. DAMIEN SANDOW VS. WADE BARRETT

HeelTurn
06-29-2012, 06:53 AM
I know. It seems that Cody's being pushed aside by the likes of Daniel Bryan, Big Show, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, Chris Jericho, etc.

BTW, this is what my MITB card will look like:

PRESHOW MATCH
SIN CARA VS. CODY RHODES

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP WITH A.J. AS SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE
CM PUNK (C) VS. DANIEL BRYAN

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
SHEAMUS (C) VS. ALBERTO DEL RIO

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP
LAYLA (C) VS. EVE TORRES

RYBACK VS. 2 LOCAL COMPETITORS

WWE MITB LADDER MATCH
JOHN CENA VS. KANE VS. BIG SHOW VS. CHRIS JERICHO VS. REY MYSTERIO VS. DOLPH ZIGGLER

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MITB LADDER MATCH
CHRISTIAN VS. TENSAI VS. TYSON KIDD VS. SANTINO MARELLA VS. DAMIEN SANDOW VS. WADE BARRETT

Ziggler isn't eligible for the WWE MITB, he hasn't held the belt. .The Miz would probably be the 6th man if they have one.

Dashing Rachel
06-29-2012, 02:22 PM
[/B][/B][/B]Ziggler isn't eligible for the WWE MITB, he hasn't held the belt. .The Miz would probably be the 6th man if they have one.

Actually, Dolph Ziggler has been a World Heavyweight Champion for about ten minutes.

K2Jelly
06-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Actually, Dolph Ziggler has been a World Heavyweight Champion for about ten minutes.

The WWE MITB only qualifies former WWE Champions not former World Heavyweight Champions.

Tommy Thunder
06-29-2012, 02:26 PM

Ziggler was WHC now WWE champ. I'd say Miz and Mysterio will be participants 5 and 6 in the match.

SESAfro
06-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Ziggler was WHC now WWE champ. I'd say Miz and Mysterio will be participants 5 and 6 in the match.
Aren't there suppose to be 8 participants, or am I going crazy?

CricketTragic
06-29-2012, 10:13 PM
This is about the exact opposite of the WWE title MITB, filled with newer, younger talent (minus Tensai) instead of putting a dumb stipulation that hurts the younger talent. So it will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

I dont think it hurts it. You have a headline grabbing cast in one match and a guarantee that a well deserving non main eventer is going to win the other.

I wouldnt want this to happen everyyear but as a one off I dont mind it.

I think Barrett will take the last spot whether he is ready or not quite frankly. Im not to dissapionted that Rhodes is not in it as everyone is going on about having young new guys in it well Rhodes has just about made it in his own right