PDA

View Full Version : Maybe WWE Should Take A Break...

LostOmega
06-26-2012, 10:14 PM
I honestly feel like the WWE should take a week or so off so creative can get their heads straight. I mean, plenty of storylines this year have been forgotten, changed, or just cliffhangered halfway through. It's like they're afraid to take anything in a different direction, because they're deciding to play it safe, and it makes the product suffer. We've seen plots dropped and superstars pushed down because creative couldn't get a cohesive idea. On occasion, they get something right, a la this AJ-Punk-Bryan scenario, but I feel like that's only a few weeks away from becoming a train wreck of disparity where AJ just floats back down to the bottom of the roster with the rest of the Divas and Punk and Bryan have nothing left to do. On top of that, if a plot picks up enough speed, Cena might stick his nose in it and wreck things for everybody.

I think that the WWE needs some time off to get their shit straight because with the way things are carrying on, nothing's going to make an ounce of sense. Thoughts?

bearkg88
06-26-2012, 10:15 PM
I honestly feel like the WWE should take a week or so off so creative can get their heads straight. I mean, plenty of storylines this year have been forgotten, changed, or just cliffhangered halfway through. It's like they're afraid to take anything in a different direction, because they're deciding to play it safe, and it makes the product suffer. We've seen plots dropped and superstars pushed down because creative couldn't get a cohesive idea. On occasion, they get something right, a la this AJ-Punk-Bryan scenario, but I feel like that's only a few weeks away from becoming a train wreck of disparity where AJ just floats back down to the bottom of the roster with the rest of the Divas and Punk and Bryan have nothing left to do. On top of that, if a plot picks up enough speed, Cena might stick his nose in it and wreck things for everybody.

I think that the WWE needs some time off to get their shit straight because with the way things are carrying on, nothing's going to make an ounce of sense. Thoughts?

While i could see that being possible, and might be a good idea, I don't see it happening till around christmas time, end of year. They could do a recap of the year and give people time with their families.

bartish2
06-26-2012, 10:48 PM
They at least gotta put something on to keep their title of "longest weekly episodic tv show and counting",but they should take a break IMO. they are dropping the ball with almost everything in recent years and im starting to find wwe boring

BadAndy
06-27-2012, 12:27 AM
I think the problem isn't that at all. I think that the issue at hand is that Vince has a show that he wants to see ratings for. He has a show that he has adjusted to be PG for the younger fans. He has successfully done what media like comics have tried to do for years and gain a younger audience that will be there for years to come. They look to see what trends, what pops, what gains attention. If a storyline doesn't gain attention then they throw it away and look for a way to gain that attention back. To stop would be the dumbest thing for the money machine that they have. They are less interested what people have to say on a message board. When it boils down to it, so many that complain on the message boards still buy the merchandise, go to the shows when they are in their areas, and buy the PPVS. Ultimately they win and let you keep complaining.

PSOjedi
06-27-2012, 12:28 AM
The so called storylines are boring, or are just already done before, so we know what is going to happen. This prove that Creative, yes, are totaly useless but we already know that. Perhaps WWE should try to find son real writers and replace the entire actual useless Creatives.

May be WWE should ask us to write some storylines for the superstars, and if they like some, they are free to put them on RAW/SD. Personnaly I have plenty of things in my head that would be totaly awesome, so I'm waiting for Vince to give me a phone call...lol

As I always say, you can have the best actors, if the story is bad, the movie will be bad.

I hope they will not fail with the Punk/Bryan/Kane/AJ storyline, as we actually don't know what's going on and why all of this with AJ

Wade Barrett 1979
06-27-2012, 02:44 AM
Because Vince will sack off his daughter from creative? :confused:

Robstar
06-27-2012, 02:49 AM
Because Vince will sack off his daughter from creative? :confused:

??? What the.....? ;)

To be frank.....I thought creative was already having a break. :eek:

Wade Barrett 1979
06-27-2012, 03:01 AM
??? What the.....? ;)

Peculiar English turn of phrase! :D

You may be right there.

Robstar
06-27-2012, 03:25 AM
Peculiar English turn of phrase! :D

You may be right there.

My mind got stuck on 'suck off' and 'jack off' lolol

Wade Barrett 1979
06-27-2012, 03:27 AM
My mind got stuck on 'suck off' and 'jack off' lolol

Mind=gutter!

:D

thedag
06-27-2012, 04:02 AM
yes wwe should take time of and lose millions of dollars.

MachoManFan
06-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Rather than a break, WWE creative needs some stability. (They're pretty poor and I'm not defending them). They have to deal with storylines that just fall flat, wrestlers getting injured (Del Rio), suspended (Orton) or just plain dropping the ball (The Miz) which will completely derail any decent story they have planned. Imagine the AJ/Punk/Bryan/Kane saga if Punk had gotten hurt, it would still be OK but not as good. We saw what happens with Del Rio's concussion, suddenly they didn't have a match and had to throw together a number 1 contender's match with no build up or back story. When you consider all that AND the fact they have to write for most of the roster (suposedly all the roster) while trying to keep the audience happy and it's a tough job.

If I were in charge I'd slow the pace of things. Feuds begin on a Monday after a PPV and are done with at the next one far too often. The audience won't get bored if a feud is played out more slowly, in the way The Undertaker's 'Mania feuds have been the last few years. Build anticipation to a match, have the face and heel not actually exchange blows until their first PPV and then have an explosive finish that makes us want to see what happens next. People are complaining they're bored of Punk vs Bryan already* because they've faced each other on practically every Raw and Smackdown since the feud started, if every one of those matches was at a PPV we'd still be hyped for the next one.**

* because they're mental!
**I'm not saying the matches we've seen have all been PPV quality

82Tucker
06-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Creative just need a few guys who can really make things fresh, Heyman would be a great addition but I fear that backstage politics will always have an affect on who gets what job.

K2Jelly
06-27-2012, 01:10 PM
yes wwe should take time of and lose millions of dollars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPPz_i9jmJw

Lowki
06-27-2012, 01:46 PM

Why would they take a week off? They could come up with all the ideas in the world, they'd still encounter the same thing;
"Vince, we think Tensai will become a huge force if we do this...."
Vince: "Scrap that writers! Let's dress him up as a bear!"*
*Vince is known for turning ideas into childish skits, incase anyone missed the humour :)

Vince is the one that orders all these re-writes so i truly blame him for the direction of all storylines and company directions.

Cabers
06-27-2012, 02:37 PM
While i could see that being possible, and might be a good idea, I don't see it happening till around christmas time, end of year. They could do a recap of the year and give people time with their families.

Would be very nice for everyone involved in the WWE. And other shows do recaps for this exact reason.

HeelTurn
06-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Didn't they used to do something similar, the last Raw and SD of the year used to be best of shows...so the wrestlers had some time off around Christmas.

Robstar
06-27-2012, 03:27 PM
The machine is going too fast to stop now. The only thing that will halt its progress - and I believe this will happen one day - is the individual parts of the machine will burn out and break down, eventually causing the machine to grind to a halt and implode. WWE really needs to downsize, reassess it's business model and mission statements otherwise it's headed for a fall. It's already lost a lot of it's flavour - next thing, the colour will go. People will stop caring. Today's 9 year olds will grow up and grow out of it and tomorrow's 9 year olds will be into something else. It happens to all star attractions one day, to all main event features. They all wane.

What was the question again? ;)

CobraNightviper
06-27-2012, 03:44 PM
I agree with you about the writers being on break they need to get off there arses and get back to work.
??? What the.....? ;)

CM Rock-Austin
06-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Rather than a break, WWE creative needs some stability. (They're pretty poor and I'm not defending them). They have to deal with storylines that just fall flat, wrestlers getting injured (Del Rio), suspended (Orton) or just plain dropping the ball (The Miz) which will completely derail any decent story they have planned. Imagine the AJ/Punk/Bryan/Kane saga if Punk had gotten hurt, it would still be OK but not as good. We saw what happens with Del Rio's concussion, suddenly they didn't have a match and had to throw together a number 1 contender's match with no build up or back story. When you consider all that AND the fact they have to write for most of the roster (suposedly all the roster) while trying to keep the audience happy and it's a tough job.

If I were in charge I'd slow the pace of things. Feuds begin on a Monday after a PPV and are done with at the next one far too often. The audience won't get bored if a feud is played out more slowly, in the way The Undertaker's 'Mania feuds have been the last few years. Build anticipation to a match, have the face and heel not actually exchange blows until their first PPV and then have an explosive finish that makes us want to see what happens next. People are complaining they're bored of Punk vs Bryan already* because they've faced each other on practically every Raw and Smackdown since the feud started, if every one of those matches was at a PPV we'd still be hyped for the next one.**

* because they're mental!
**I'm not saying the matches we've seen have all been PPV quality

I agree with this, it is hard to come up with different things for a storyline on a fly when someone gets hurt right in the middle of it. If only vince would just stop changing everything at the last minute and let the people you hired do there job.

imswm
06-27-2012, 04:18 PM
They at least gotta put something on to keep their title of "longest weekly episodic tv show and counting",but they should take a break IMO. they are dropping the ball with almost everything in recent years and im starting to find wwe boring

That "longest running" spiel is a myth to begin with. Not sure if the math still applies, but when they began using the phrase, they weren't even the longest-running WRESTLING program.

tweedidldum
06-28-2012, 11:20 AM
I agree with this to some degree. Less PPV's for starters with only the top tier talents and no jobbers or rookies. PPV's have lost their appeal over the years especially now. One time i couldn't wait for these and made sure i was home the night they would come on but to be honest with you all i can't remember the last one i watch....oh wait...Royal Rumble and no i didn't watch Wrestlmania but i heard there were a few good matches, will watch it when i get a chance....LOL.

justinjackson1983
06-28-2012, 04:36 PM
I cant see why there cant be three creative groups for one show; one group to over see schedules times and time keeping for the show; Another group to write the stories for low card Mid card talent; and the last group purely in charge of major storylines and main event talent.

all storylines will then no doubt be filtered down by Vince during the day who can tell creative to re-write (like he tends to do) and wont be such a stress as they only have one particular group to re-write for
This gives one group of writers a chance to concentrate and keep focused.