PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle "Wrestler of a Dying Breed"

DKO Killa
11-11-2010, 11:11 AM
I gotta say that even though there are more of his kind (Edge, Christian, Undertaker, Chris Jericho, etc.) Kurt Angle is truly one of the greatest wrestler to ever step in the square (and TNA's old) ring. Why, because not only his ring performance, but what he brings into building a match. Not to mention the number of great rivaries he faced (Triple H, The Rock, Stone Cold, The Undertaker, Sting, Brock Lesnar, Samoa Joe, Aj Styles, Shawn Michaels, Eddie Guerrero, Edge, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, John Cena, Big Show, and many more). Not only that, he takes every match (rather you're up & comer, or veteran) to level like no other. Give me your thoughts.

el gabo
11-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Amen. The guy wrestles through injuries and still puts up classic matches. I said the same thing the other day: he's one of a dying breed. I think Bryan is his successor. Needs to up his mic game though.

Rich Cranium
11-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Absolutley agree with you. Just look at all these other threads, people want to match against with Daniel Bryan, Kaval, etc. No doubt is he one of the best ever not only Amateur but Pro as well.

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Agreed. He can still go.

I still think he has BIG matches in him left.

Necroyeti
11-11-2010, 11:51 AM
From just about the beginning of his career, he could carry just about any wrestler to a 4 star match... I think TNA exploited this very well with his recent odyssey to take out the top 10 contenders, it's just a shame that storyline didn't last very long.

On the other hand, one could say that Kurt Angle is pretty much evidence that a spot monkey doesn't have to be a "high flier" cruiserweight. Doesn't really bother me THAT much to be honest, but it's a valid criticism at times. (His match against Jeff Hardy at No Surrender took it to ridiculous levels at times.... didn't help that Hardy's reputation for that sort of thing is way worse than Angle's)

vbirwin
11-11-2010, 12:54 PM
I agree all around. Angle is, and always has been, one of the best in the business.

One other thing I'd like to add, Angle is a perfect example of why we need TNA to suceed. Angle was in such rough shape physically toward the end of his WWE run that his career (and his health in general) was in jeapordy. However, in TNA with it's lighter schedule and less travel Angle has not only been able to extend his career, he has been able to heal and remain at the top of the industry. Had Angle stayed with WWE I doubt he woulkd even still be competing.

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 01:00 PM
I agree all around. Angle is, and always has been, one of the best in the business.

One other thing I'd like to add, Angle is a perfect example of why we need TNA to suceed. Angle was in such rough shape physically toward the end of his WWE run that his career (and his health in general) was in jeapordy. However, in TNA with it's lighter schedule and less travel Angle has not only been able to extend his career, he has been able to heal and remain at the top of the industry. Had Angle stayed with WWE I doubt he woulkd even still be competing.

TNA's success=Kurt Angle and his great matches. The man believes in the roster and wants to help the younger guys. If I were a young guy in TNA, I would bust my ass to be Kurt's student.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Please allow the most stand out forum poster in the EWN community to give his infinite wisdom on this matter. Kurt Angle is a star. No one can out wrestle him, NO ONE. The guy has the skills to pay the bills. He is an asset in any wrestling origination. When Kurt is in the ring, you know what your going to get, a great match. He could have a classic 5 star match with a http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgzWkBWVBnpjXgoY4Zm3JYd2k_x3jVA Vsyc9A9vQCoNbORFyA&t=1&usg=__tp4K_OThyN-6Vb216tBjr-rCIqU= and I would pay to see it. I don't think anyone can replace him, after all he is the only Gold medal winner in pro rasslin history.

U MAD???

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Please allow the most stand out forum poster in the EWN community to give his infinite wisdom on this matter. Kurt Angle is a star. No one can out wrestle him, NO ONE. The guy has the skills to pay the bills. He is an asset in any wrestling origination. When Kurt is in the ring, you know what your going to get, a great match. He could have a classic 5 star match with a http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgzWkBWVBnpjXgoY4Zm3JYd2k_x3jVA Vsyc9A9vQCoNbORFyA&t=1&usg=__tp4K_OThyN-6Vb216tBjr-rCIqU= and I would pay to see it. I don't think anyone can replace him, after all he is the only Gold medal winner in pro rasslin history.

U MAD???

Kurt Angle vs Broom=Classic

Agreed with what you said.

shanethewolf
11-11-2010, 01:07 PM
I agree. Kurt Angle is a class act. Since he's arrived in TNA he's given his very best and even stepped up a few notches. He's put over so many guys and given them 5 star matches. Unlike Flair and Hogan, he can put on amazing matches and doesn't rely on past glory and name value. He really earns his paycheck.

Rich Cranium
11-11-2010, 01:08 PM
U MAD???

Not at all, thanks for asking.

el gabo
11-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Hope we get to see him snap Cena's ankle..

SilverGhost
11-12-2010, 01:49 AM
Hope we get to see him snap Cena's ankle..

Woo broken ankles!

Kashdinero
11-12-2010, 08:15 AM
The amazing thing about him is he never wrestled all over the world (or even america)before he wrestled for the WWF/E. He spent a year at the most in WWF developmental before his debut at survivor series 99. Ever since then he has continued to get better. Hes wrestled the best from almost the start and he's never looked (completely) outclassed. Its safe to say that kurt Angle is still THE BEST THING IN WRESTLING TODAY.

If there was ever a proper best of kurt Angle DVD the thing would have to be like, 10 disks!!!

Bodom
11-12-2010, 09:27 AM
The amazing thing about him is he never wrestled all over the world (or even america)before he wrestled for the WWF/E. He spent a year at the most in WWF developmental before his debut at survivor series 99. Ever since then he has continued to get better. Hes wrestled the best from almost the start and he's never looked (completely) outclassed. Its safe to say that kurt Angle is still THE BEST THING IN WRESTLING TODAY.

If there was ever a proper best of kurt Angle DVD the thing would have to be like, 10 disks!!!

A 10 disc collection. All Blu-Ray.

Kashdinero
11-12-2010, 04:21 PM
A 10 disc collection. All Blu-Ray.

... Would be Freaking awesome... It's true... It's damn true!