PDA

View Full Version : Wwe and general managers

blink
06-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Do we really need a new Gm? I mean sure, it's worked in the past but the whole heel sides with heel characters and face punished the heel characters is played out. And if they went the route of a completely biased Gm, well, that'd be boring too. Remember a day before gm's? You have to think back quite a ways. Like before McMahon vs Austin and before dx vs the first Gm sgt slaughter. It's been so long! Maybe worth giving it another try. What do you think?

K2Jelly
06-26-2012, 12:25 PM
The format of a general manager, whether face or heel, may have played out characters and tactics but that doesn't mean that they're not a useful plot device. They can be used to build up feuds/interesting storylines, in my honest opinion so I don't necessarily think a new GM is needed but one would be much appreciated.

Kenny Kaos
06-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Wasn't Jack Tunny a GM? Or "the president" of the WWF back in the day?

I'm still pissed we never got to find out who the annonymous GM was :(

K2Jelly
06-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Wasn't Jack Tunny a GM? Or "the president" of the WWF back in the day?

I'm still pissed we never got to find out who the annonymous GM was :(

It was Mae Young's hand. Jeez, man. Where were you?

HeelTurn
06-26-2012, 12:31 PM
They could just scrap the GM name and call them a Commisioner or whatever to make things a bit different. WWE has always had authority figures President, Commisioner, GM, Chairman, COO etc.

The Piper
06-26-2012, 12:33 PM
They could just scrap the GM name and call them a Commisioner or whatever to make things a bit different. WWE has always had authority figures President, Commisioner, GM, Chairman, COO etc.
A distinction without a difference.

Kenny Kaos
06-26-2012, 12:34 PM
It was Mae Young's hand. Jeez, man. Where were you?

THAT explains Mark Henry's push!

cowboy
06-26-2012, 08:48 PM
I think that John Laurinaitis should have stayed GM for both Raw and Smackdown but then brought in Stone cold to be a "sheriff" or co-GM like he was before I think the WWe could do alot with these two working together let me know what you think.

bartish2
06-26-2012, 09:00 PM
I dont see why the have not re-instated teddy, I mean what exactly is he doing now?

Mr Punk
06-26-2012, 09:00 PM
I want somebody new as GM. Michael Cole for GM on Raw and possibly Eve for smackdown Gm or something new. Do not really care who is the new general manager but it would be refreshing for somebody new to be the GM.

Tommy Thunder
06-26-2012, 09:11 PM
I dont see why the have not re-instated teddy, I mean what exactly is he doing now?

Why would you want Teddy back as GM? We've had him in a GM role for years on end and it's stale.

I also want to see someone new and fresh as GM when they announce it on the 1000th Raw.
Michael Cole would be a great choice as one IMO. He's out-grown his commentator role, and WWE could utilize him as a character so much better in a bigger role such as a GM (not to mention that they could actually get a commentator in that calls the match then).

If I could pick anyone in the world, I'd love to see Shane or Stephanie McMahon back as on screen characters. Unlikely to happen (especially Shane), but you never know.

Playboy Stevie V
06-26-2012, 09:18 PM
I know this is prob never gonna happen, but my dream GM scenario is Ric Flair heel GM for RAW, Sting face GM for Smackdown.

Just saying.

I know I know this ain't Fantasy Island!

bartish2
06-26-2012, 09:24 PM
I just said that because the guy is still getting paid but really has not done anything since johnny was fired & the guy has experience as gm. Besides creative just channels the script through the gms anyways, so its not like they are making the shit up. Its not like the gm really has any true power, so I don't care who it is. At least the crowd popped for teddy & hated johnny, they did their jobs well and people want to get mad at them? If you wanna call them stale, then blame the scripts. Just weird they still pay a guy who does not really do anything.

RedDevilSativa
06-27-2012, 01:14 AM
really got no idea who gm will be i thing maybe regal or edge as smackdown gm would be good i think with raw they need someone big heyman would be awesome and to use it as a storyline they cud say him and brock will drop there lawsuits if he is made gm

Kaisered
06-27-2012, 01:53 AM
Raw and SD need the type of GM's that have never been done before. I think it will be great to put someone like Matt Striker or Josh Matthews as the GM of SD and someone that can flip-flop being a heel and face for RAW but no one good enough comes into my mind

PSOjedi
06-27-2012, 02:14 AM
JBL as RAW GM

Wade Barrett 1979
06-27-2012, 02:20 AM
GM's need to be heels. Works much better with an antagonist in charge of the show!

Kenny Kaos
06-27-2012, 03:09 AM
I'm waiting for Regal to appear as GM <3

Cabers
06-27-2012, 01:52 PM
It is a simple storyline arc so yeah they do need one.