PDA

View Full Version : Since you all want a Heath Slater push...here's a good way

StingNWO
06-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Heath seems to be popular after his promo with Piper on RAW and many think they want a push for him. Maybe a fued with an established star like Christian? It would make sense cuz Christian was his pro on NXT. Maybe make the storyline about that. Just a thought.

Poot-Hair
06-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Heath seems to be popular after his promo with Piper on RAW and many think they want a push for him. Maybe a fued with an established star like Christian? It would make sense cuz Christian was his pro on NXT. Maybe make the storyline about that. Just a thought.Pretty good idea dude. Christian is getting to the end of his rope and it's good to see him start to put over some younger guys. I think a Christian/Slater feud would be good but what I'd really like to see is Rhodes/Slater

blink
06-25-2012, 07:35 PM
This idea has been stated more times than teddy long has made tag team main events! Here's a good push for slater, have him squash John vena in a match. (drops mic)

Kenny Kaos
06-25-2012, 08:58 PM
I just don't see what everyone else is seeing in Slater. He's an annoying heel, not annoying in "oooh, thats so sneeky!" or "oooh, he is so badass!" Just annoying as in his voice, his mic skills and in ring ability. Not a fan, but maybe he'll grow on me

dragonsrevenge
06-25-2012, 09:57 PM
I feel so sorry for Slater for being fodder for the nostalgia segments, but at least he's been a good sport about it. I can't say how good he really is since he's done nothing but Job since nexus folded.

bartish2
06-25-2012, 10:49 PM
This idea has been stated more times than teddy long has made tag team main events! Here's a good push for slater, have him squash John vena in a match. (drops mic)

this.....^

Tommy Thunder
06-25-2012, 10:52 PM
I feel so sorry for Slater for being fodder for the nostalgia segments, but at least he's been a good sport about it. I can't say how good he really is since he's done nothing but Job since nexus folded.

I see you don't watch Superstars or NXT. He's had his fair share of matches on those shows and looked a million bucks. It's just on the main shows he jobs.
And while yes, at the end of the day, that's what counts, he's at least still being used on the main shows. His time will come.

Dameduse823
06-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Heath seems to be popular after his promo with Piper on RAW and many think they want a push for him. Maybe a fued with an established star like Christian? It would make sense cuz Christian was his pro on NXT. Maybe make the storyline about that. Just a thought.

I could see that working, Christian is talented enough to make anyone look good. But after the last few weeks of getting embarrassed by the former stars I'd like to see him put on a good match with someone who can still work at the 1000th episode to launch his push

The Brown One
06-25-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't know about a Christian - Slater feud. Slater is a good wrestler, but he could get himself over by feuding with someone on his level, because Christian can do better - hes wrestling Rhodes atm. However, Christian can't advance to the world title scene right now, so it would be good if Christian put over younger talent by defending the IC title.

Savagecabbage
06-26-2012, 04:33 AM
Slater's feud should without a doubt be with Zack Ryder. They are both in the same league and Zack is popular enough to move him up to the bigger fish. Their match the other night wasn't great but i think the gimmicks would be entertaining enough till the matches picked up. It would also kill two birds with one stone as it gives Heath the push people thinks he deserves and would give Zack some air time which people are always crying for more (i don't know why and never will). As you can tell i'm not a fan of either but if so many people see something in them maybe just maybe i'm the one that's wrong but i doubt it.

Rottenpuppets
06-26-2012, 07:53 AM
They have to get Slater a manager. Him on the mic = turn the channel.

Lowki
06-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Slater is just going to be a comedy act. He will come out, use an obscure catchphrase that belonged to someone in the past (I rule the world and It's time so far, then get beat up by a returning legend until the end of July. After that they will probably just use him as a jobber.

LuckIsForLosers
06-26-2012, 10:09 AM
I just don't see what everyone else is seeing in Slater. He's an annoying heel, not annoying in "oooh, thats so sneeky!" or "oooh, he is so badass!" Just annoying as in his voice, his mic skills and in ring ability. Not a fan, but maybe he'll grow on me

To me Slater sucks. Utterly and completely sucks. Though the IWC need a new baby now that Ryder, Punk and Bryan "sold out" (ahem), and Sandow is getting pushed

K2Jelly
06-26-2012, 10:11 AM
To me Slater sucks. Utterly and completely sucks. Though the IWC need a new baby now that Ryder, Punk and Bryan "sold out" (ahem), and Sandow is getting pushed

Give me a break. I've been liking Slater WAY before the internet started pandering to him. In my eyes, he's got all thr makings of a great mid card heel. I wouldn't put him in the main event or a mid card title run yet but as someone who can make an impression on a regular basis? Absolutely.

Cabers
06-27-2012, 01:42 PM

That is a very good way to set up a feud not necessarily have him win the feud but it would be a great starting point.