PDA

View Full Version : Who's Punk gunna lose the title to?

StingNWO
06-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Just wondering who u guys think will beat Punk for the WWE Title? I have a feeling it will be the MITB winner, whenever he decides to cash in.

It's also more unpredictable cuz guys from Smackdown are getting WWE Title shots and vise versa (Mark Henry, DB, Ziggler)

Krysys
06-25-2012, 05:46 PM
If I'm to be honest I hope it's Daniel Bryan, however it is more likely to be Cena.

SESAfro
06-25-2012, 05:48 PM
I hope it's Ziggler so he can rub Punk's nose in it.

jwt15
06-25-2012, 05:50 PM
The Rock will

Tommy Thunder
06-25-2012, 05:50 PM
John Cena.

Krysys
06-25-2012, 06:01 PM
The Rock will

Oh dear god I hope not..

LegendsMadeWrestling
06-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Oh dear god I hope not..

LOL!!! Oh no not The Rock but you rather have John Cena huh! Damn people rather see a Re-Run Champion then the actual Peoples Champion who actually put on great Wrestling Entertainment for the fans and not the same ol bullshit like Cena.

Well I would like to see The Rock as Champion rather than Cena but to take the title off punk I would like to see Undertaker 1 more time with the WWE Championship before he announces that he retires but active wrestler I would go with Dolph or Bryan to take the title away from Punk.

K2Jelly
06-25-2012, 06:15 PM
LOL!!! Oh no not The Rock but you rather have John Cena huh! Damn people rather see a Re-Run Champion then the actual Peoples Champion who actually put on great Wrestling Entertainment for the fans and not the same ol bullshit like Cena.

Well I would like to see The Rock as Champion rather than Cena but to take the title off punk I would like to see Undertaker 1 more time with the WWE Championship before he announces that he retires but active wrestler I would go with Dolph or Bryan to take the title away from Punk.

Here we go again -_-

Krysys
06-25-2012, 06:26 PM

You still think The Rock is the "People's Champion"? Wow, and also I never said I wanted Cena as Champion, I said I wanted Bryan as Champ, but realistically speaking, Cena has been out of the title picture for nearly a year, so he is bound to be getting thrown back into the picture soon.

El T Draino 316
06-25-2012, 06:43 PM
@K2JKelly - I literally laughed out loud at your signature. Hilarious.

I think CM Punk loses the title at Summerslam to whoever his opponent is. It's been an awesome run and I'm seriously okay if it doesn't end then, I just think it will. I pray his opponent isn't Show. Show's heading toward a feud with Brodus, and for him to end that feud and start a new one with Punk - I just don't think that provides enough time for a quality, Summerslam-worthy build-up.

I'm hoping it's an Iron Man match vs DB at Summerslam, that would make me really happy and I'm not even a DB mark. They are just two workhorses with great chemistry and serious technical chops. It'd be a perfect, grand scale ending to an awesome feud. Hopefully Kane is out of the picture after MITB. If it's not DB, I'd want Ziggler - but realistically I'd put my money on The Rock or a returning Miz (he's got a movie to promote). I don't see how putting the strap on Cena would work. Who would even be the heel in Cena/Punk feud?

SESAfro
06-25-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm hoping it's an Iron Man match vs DB at Summerslam, that would make me really happy and I'm not even a DB mark. They are just two workhorses with great chemistry and serious technical chops. It'd be a perfect, grand scale ending to an awesome feud. Hopefully Kane is out of the picture after MITB. If it's not DB, I'd want Ziggler - but realistically I'd put my money on The Rock or a returning Miz (he's got a movie to promote). I don't see how putting the strap on Cena would work. Who would even be the heel in Cena/Punk feud?
Anything after this is null and void.

Dennis
06-25-2012, 06:48 PM

I think CM Punk loses the title at Summerslam to whoever his opponent is. It's been an awesome run and I'm seriously okay if it doesn't end then, I just think it will. I pray his opponent isn't Show. Show's heading toward a feud with Brodus, and for him to end that feud and start a new one with Punk - I just don't think that provides enough time for a quality, Summerslam-worthy build-up.

If it turns out to be whoever he faces at summerslam most people think its going to be john cena thus logically under this scenario cena is the guy who ends the run... what I mean I'd much rather it be daniel bryan who ends the run but thinking about it logically john cena is the biggest draw.. you have to have him in a relevant match.

Lowki
06-26-2012, 08:26 AM
Depends what they are going to do with the title at mania, but probably be Cena.
If the Rock was to come back for a few months straight in the run up to wrestlemania, even if it was only just appearing on Raw every week, i wouldn't mind him having one last run as champion.

Kenny Kaos
06-26-2012, 08:50 AM
John Cena or Big Show, either way, all you Punk haters wishing for him to lose the title...be careful what you wish for!

The Hit Man
06-26-2012, 09:26 AM
I have a feeling Cena will win the title against Punk at Night of Champions in Boston. Punk won the title against Cena in Chicago so I see Cena getting his own back against Punk in his hometown.

Kenny Kaos
06-26-2012, 09:28 AM
I have a feeling Cena will win the title against Punk at Night of Champions in Boston. Punk won the title against Cena in Chicago so I see Cena getting his own back against Punk in his hometown.

Except when in Punk's home town the crowd was 100% Punk, in Boston I bet its still a mixed reaction for Cena

HeelTurn
06-26-2012, 09:31 AM
After Raw I think its pretty obvious. Cena will win the 4 way MITB ladder match, as TripleH/Lesnar will headline Summerslam they will probably wait till Cena is in his hometown the following PPV to give him the main event. He will cash it in like RVD did and win the belt from Punk.

The Hit Man
06-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Except when in Punk's home town the crowd was 100% Punk, in Boston I bet its still a mixed reaction for Cena

You're probably right with that one but it's the sort of fairytale ending that WWE is known for so I wouldn't put it past them.

The Hit Man
06-26-2012, 09:40 AM
After Raw I think its pretty obvious. Cena will win the 4 way MITB ladder match, as TripleH/Lesnar will headline Summerslam they will probably wait till Cena is in his hometown the following PPV to give him the main event. He will cash it in like RVD did and win the belt from Punk.

Apparently the current plans are for Cena vs Punk for the WWE title at SummerSlam. So either Cena doesn't win the MITB match or he does and cashes it in straight away for the next PPV.

HeelTurn
06-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Apparently the current plans are for Cena vs Punk for the WWE title at SummerSlam. So either Cena doesn't win the MITB match or he does and cashes it in straight away for the next PPV.

Maybe he will be the one to cash in and lose? Not like it would hurt his credibility.

The Hit Man
06-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Maybe he will be the one to cash in and lose? Not like it would hurt his credibility.

Yeah possibly cash it in advacne at SS, lose the match and win it at NOC in his hometown. Either way I see Cena as WWE Champion before 2012 is out.

vinnienfg
06-26-2012, 11:03 AM

It would probably hurt his Ego though.

If Cena win's MITB I can see him cashing it in the next night for a match at Summerslam against Punk.

82Tucker
06-26-2012, 11:11 AM
The sig of mine says it all.........

WeDominate99
06-26-2012, 02:44 PM
no people wan't a champion who doesn't leave for 7 years and then talks shit, they wan't someone who they trust and who won't leave. And they wan't someone who likes the wwe more than making movie's

jordan1995
06-26-2012, 02:46 PM
I hope its Bryan but i can see Cena winning the MITB match and going on to cash in :(

Bodom
06-26-2012, 03:07 PM
With all this attention the length of Punk's reign has been getting, I'm wagering it'll be whoever wins the WWE Championship MITB. That night even.

jwt15
06-26-2012, 03:25 PM
With all this attention the length of Punk's reign has been getting, I'm wagering it'll be whoever wins the WWE Championship MITB. That night even.

Which will be Cena

Bodom
06-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Which will be Cena

Meh. He's gonna win it anyway. Might as well make it quick and painless.

jwt15
06-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Meh. He's gonna win it anyway. Might as well make it quick and painless.

Yes maybe it will turn him heel.....At least I can hope right?

bearkg88
06-26-2012, 08:13 PM
I see it being Cena, but i see it playing out this way. I see either a) Cena winning MITB and then saying he is going to use it at Summerslam or b), Jericho wins MITB, Cena wins the title at either Slam or NOC, and then after Cena wins it, Jericho cashes in right after

Cabers
06-27-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm definately thinking its going to be Daniel Bryan.

PSOjedi
06-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Who's Punk gunna lose the title to?
Batista, after he wins the MITB at TLC

WWE Fan
06-27-2012, 04:11 PM
I think it could be Brock Lesnar. I think Brock Lesnar will beat Triple H then go after the WWE Champion (CM Punk) and take over the WWE when he wins the lawsuit against the WWE and Triple H (storywise, obviously). Brock Lesnar will be unstoppable until The Rock wins the Royal Rumble and challenges Brock for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania. Rock beats Brock and then Cena cashes in the Money In The Bank case on Rock and beats him to get his revenge from the previous Wrestlemania.

Probably will not happen but it's possible.

Edit: Forgot to say Brock Lesnar will trash the spinner title and bring in the new title.

K2Jelly
06-27-2012, 04:12 PM
I think it could be Brock Lesnar. I think Brock Lesnar will beat Triple H then go after the WWE Champion (CM Punk) and take over the WWE when he wins the lawsuit against the WWE and Triple H (storywise, obviously). Brock Lesnar will be unstoppable until The Rock wins the Royal Rumble and challenges Brock for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania. Rock beats Brock and then Cena cashes in the Money In The Bank case on Rock and beats him to get his revenge from the previous Wrestlemania.

Probably will not happen but it's possible.

Damn. That's not a bad idea at all. Epic first post, man! Glad to have you aboard.

Kenny Kaos
06-27-2012, 04:17 PM
I have in front of me a rather fetching Ramones baseball cap. In said cap I have every male on WWE roster which I pain staking wrote down on a piece of paper, crumpled up and placed in my hat (I hear this is how WWE throw together most of their feuds).

I shall now draw out who CM Punk will lose his WWE Championship to...and the winner is....Hornswoggle!

HeelTurn
06-27-2012, 04:18 PM
I have in front of me a rather fetching Ramones baseball cap. In said cap I have every male on WWE roster which I pain staking wrote down on a piece of paper, crumpled up and placed in my hate (I hear this is how WWE throw together most of their feuds).

I shall now draw out who CM Punk will lose his WWE Championship to...and the winner is....Hornswoggle!

Since when have you been a part of WWE creative lol Thats how they picked Swagger to win MITB.

K2Jelly
06-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Since when have you been a part of WWE creative lol Thats how they picked Swagger to win MITB.

What're you talking about? We ALL saw how they used that exact method on Smackdown. Remember this? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovj999WTtMw

HeelTurn
06-27-2012, 04:21 PM
What're you talking about? We ALL saw how they used that exact method on Smackdown. Remember this? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovj999WTtMw

Don't show me a video of Layla then expect me to put out a coherent sentence after...war...d...s

Kenny Kaos
06-27-2012, 04:30 PM

That would explain a lot. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction, other time fiction seems about right!

WWE Fan
06-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Damn. That's not a bad idea at all. Epic first post, man! Glad to have you aboard.

Thanks. I'm happy I joined. Have been thinking of doing it for a while, now.

Wade Barrett 1979
06-27-2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks. I'm happy I joined. Have been thinking of doing it for a while, now.

Yet another fellow Islander! Welcome!

venom28-
06-27-2012, 04:58 PM
They should keep it on him for a year at least. It`ll bring prestege back to the belt and plus it can be his whole thing that he held the title over a year where no on else has since uhhh who was last...Diesal...Bob Backlund? Can`t think of anyone else who has held the WWE Heavyweight Title for that amount of time since. Correct me if I`m wrong.

HeelTurn
06-27-2012, 05:00 PM
They should keep it on him for a year at least. It`ll bring prestege back to the belt and plus it can be his whole thing that he held the title over a year where no on else has since uhhh who was last...Diesal...Bob Backlund? Can`t think of anyone else who has held the WWE Heavyweight Title for that amount of time since. Correct me if I`m wrong.

Cena held it for 13 months before he was injured back in 2006-2007. Before that JBL and Triple H both had reigns just short of a year.

K2Jelly
06-27-2012, 05:00 PM

How would Punk holding onto the title belt bring prestige to it? Just out of curiosity.

venom28-
06-27-2012, 05:06 PM
How would Punk holding onto the title belt bring prestige to it? Just out of curiosity.For so long the WHC has been going from talent to talent every 2 to 3 mths. we need more longer reigns...preferbly heel reins but I like Punks antihero persona. I know WWE has ADD when it comes to storylines but thats just my opinion. I forgot about JBL and HHH. I must have stopped watching when Cena was champ that amount of time.

Wade Barrett 1979
06-27-2012, 05:15 PM
For so long the WHC has been going from talent to talent every 2 to 3 mths. we need more longer reigns...preferbly heel reins but I like Punks antihero persona. I know WWE has ADD when it comes to storylines but thats just my opinion. I forgot about JBL and HHH. I must have stopped watching when Cena was champ that amount of time.

Still don't think it will do much good until they trust him to Main Event shows and PPV's. He's been the curtain jerker the last two Raws, he can't even get the hour slot!

K2Jelly
06-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Still don't think it will do much good until they trust him to Main Event shows and PPV's. He's been the curtain jerker the last two Raws, he can't even get the hour slot!

Sad but true. The fact that he's not drawing good numbers, during the second half, is the reason for that.

Kenny Kaos
06-27-2012, 05:25 PM
I've changed my mind, Bob Backlund should win it off CM Punk after winning next years Royal Rumble and try and beat his 7 year record!

Peter Kaymakcian
06-27-2012, 08:22 PM
1.) John Cena- According to recent rumors Summerslam is supposedly going to be headlined by CM Punk vs John Cena with the reason being they don't want their number one star, John Cena, 4th on the card behind HHH vs Brock Lesnar, WWE Championship match, and the World Heavyweight Championship match. Also I can't see anyone beating John Cena three times in a row. With Punk going over Cena at MITB and last years Summerslam.

2.) Daniel Bryan- Bryan was being booked to go over Punk at both Over the Limit and No Way Out so one could only assume his chances going into MITB should be pretty good. The only thing going against Bryan is the fact that WWE definitely thinks Cena vs Punk III is more profitable then Bryan vs Cena I. WWE certainly wouldn't have a problem having Cena ending Bryan's first WWE Championship run in one month. However I also can see the WWE making Cena the first man to cash in his MITB Briefcase and not win the title. Not by loss, but by winning by DQ or Countout.

3.) Cody Rhodes- Is one of WWE's most profitable young stars out there. Plus there were rumors of CM Punk vs Cody Rhodes feuds in the works. So I could see Rhodes beating Punk with a cheap victory. The only reason I can't see Rhodes winning the WWE Championship from Punk is because I think Cena or Bryan has a better chance at winning the WWE Championship based off of timing and their current feuds. Bryan has a direct chance to win the WWE Championship at the very next PPV and Cena most likely winning the MITB Briefcase.

4.) Big Show- The guy is getting a monster push and usually a monster push leads to either the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship. Mark Henry last year, Sheamus two years ago, and the Great Khali in his second year. The only reason I can't put Big Show higher is because I don't think he'll go over Cena at MITB. He has never beaten Cena in a PPV match ever. Also I can highly see Big Show being the guy who cashes in and loses because of how WWE has always treated him in the past. However with his new push and possibility of winning the MITB case makes him a legitimate threat to the WWE Championship.

5.) Randy Orton- It is a long shot, but I think Orton vs CM Punk at Summerslam could be a big money maker. WWE wants to push Orton right to the moon when he comes back. What better way to push someone to the moon then to beat the unbeatable champion? CM Punk has held the WWE Championship longer then any other champion in recent memory with the next closest being HHH in 2008 I believe. CM Punk is close to the one year mark a feat not achieved since John Cena in 2007. Booking Punk vs Orton with the intention of Orton ending Punk's near year long title reign could be an interesting story.

Kenny Kaos
06-28-2012, 05:45 AM
1.) John Cena- According to recent rumors Summerslam is supposedly going to be headlined by CM Punk vs John Cena with the reason being they don't want their number one star, John Cena, 4th on the card behind HHH vs Brock Lesnar, WWE Championship match, and the World Heavyweight Championship match. Also I can't see anyone beating John Cena three times in a row. With Punk going over Cena at MITB and last years Summerslam.

2.) Daniel Bryan- Bryan was being booked to go over Punk at both Over the Limit and No Way Out so one could only assume his chances going into MITB should be pretty good. The only thing going against Bryan is the fact that WWE definitely thinks Cena vs Punk III is more profitable then Bryan vs Cena I. WWE certainly wouldn't have a problem having Cena ending Bryan's first WWE Championship run in one month. However I also can see the WWE making Cena the first man to cash in his MITB Briefcase and not win the title. Not by loss, but by winning by DQ or Countout.

3.) Cody Rhodes- Is one of WWE's most profitable young stars out there. Plus there were rumors of CM Punk vs Cody Rhodes feuds in the works. So I could see Rhodes beating Punk with a cheap victory. The only reason I can't see Rhodes winning the WWE Championship from Punk is because I think Cena or Bryan has a better chance at winning the WWE Championship based off of timing and their current feuds. Bryan has a direct chance to win the WWE Championship at the very next PPV and Cena most likely winning the MITB Briefcase.

4.) Big Show- The guy is getting a monster push and usually a monster push leads to either the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship. Mark Henry last year, Sheamus two years ago, and the Great Khali in his second year. The only reason I can't put Big Show higher is because I don't think he'll go over Cena at MITB. He has never beaten Cena in a PPV match ever. Also I can highly see Big Show being the guy who cashes in and loses because of how WWE has always treated him in the past. However with his new push and possibility of winning the MITB case makes him a legitimate threat to the WWE Championship.

5.) Randy Orton- It is a long shot, but I think Orton vs CM Punk at Summerslam could be a big money maker. WWE wants to push Orton right to the moon when he comes back. What better way to push someone to the moon then to beat the unbeatable champion? CM Punk has held the WWE Championship longer then any other champion in recent memory with the next closest being HHH in 2008 I believe. CM Punk is close to the one year mark a feat not achieved since John Cena in 2007. Booking Punk vs Orton with the intention of Orton ending Punk's near year long title reign could be an interesting story.

I think Cena and Big Show would be the favourites out of that bunch, Bryan as the dark horse, especially if WWE are so high on him right now. Shame they weren't as high on him at Wrestlemania!

CricketTragic
06-28-2012, 07:59 AM

How do you guys make those sigs, seems like every second person has one

capn-edu
06-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Yes! Yes! Yes!

gank
06-29-2012, 06:14 AM
I hope the championship changes to Daniel Bryan, but sadly i think they will give it back to Xena.

bcfccalum
06-29-2012, 09:00 AM
David Otunga ;)

Rick BoA
06-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Hopefully Ziggler...soon.

steveorton
07-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Raw's MITB winner but I hope Punk keeps that title another few months or until he becomes champ for a year.