PDA

View Full Version : All Together Now: WWE, TNA, ROH.

PrimusSucks
06-25-2012, 04:12 PM
Now for those of you who don't follow Japanese wrestling there is an event over there called All Together Now which combines wrestlers from NJPW, AJPW, and NOAH for one big super card where anything can and will happen, if you are interested in seeing what the cards have looked like then follow these links

http://profightdb.com/cards/ajpw-njp...her-11809.html (http://profightdb.com/cards/ajpw-njpw-noah/all-together-11809.html)
http://profightdb.com/cards/ajpw-njp...one-15065.html (http://profightdb.com/cards/ajpw-njpw-noah/all-together-one-more-time-let39s-become-one-15065.html)

The idea came after the huge Tokyo Earthquakes a few years back and the events were used to raise money but were deemed such a success that it was decided that they were worth doing again.

My question is if this was done in America, how would it be booked and what would happen? If I had control of the card this is what it would look like.

Opening Match:
Tyson Kidd(WWE) vs TJ Perkins(ROH)
Two underutilized wrestlers who are mainly used for talent enhancement, I put this match first as the action would be fast paced and exciting which would get the crowd hyped for the rest of the show.

Match 2:
Kane(WWE) vs Abyss(TNA)
Two big men who have been around for a while, have similiar move sets and manerisms, and are considered to be top tier veterans for their respective companies, besides that they are both masked, which for some reason makes me want to see them go at it.

Match 3:
Kurt Angle(TNA) vs Davey Richards(ROH)
Two men who I feel would match up well, Kurt's amateur style and Davey's MMA style would be fun to watch go at it.

Match 4:
Dolph Ziggler(WWE) and Mike Mondo(ROH) vs Christopher Daniels and Kazarian(TNA)
Imagine Dolph and Mondo reforming part of the Spirit Squad and coming together to face another very athletic team in Daniels and Kazarian.

Match 5:
US Champion Santino Marella(WWE) vs TV Champion Devon(TNA)
A wild card match that just seemed like it would work for some reason, don't ask me why but it would give both men a shot on the show so why argue it?

Match 6:
Austin Aries(TNA) vs Jay Lethal(ROH)
A match we never got to see in TNA or ROH that I feel we have missed out on, should be great to be honest.

Match 7:
Layla(WWE), Kelly Kelly(WWE), and Miss Tessmacher(TNA) vs Beth Pheonix(WWE), Gail Kim(TNA), and Velvet Sky(TNA)
Thought I mix diva with knockout here and make the women at least have a match, obviously the most over women between both companies at the moment so why not?

Match 8:
Intercontinental Champion Christian(WWE) vs Roderick Strong(ROH)
I thought about putting all of the secondary champions in one match but forgot for a second that WWE had two so I split them and obviously thought these two would have the best match out of any other combination I could think of.

Match 9:
WWE Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston and R-Truth(WWE) vs ROH Tag Team Champions Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas(ROH)
Do I need to explain why this would be great? Do I really?

Match 10:
Tensai(WWE) vs Crimson(TNA)
Just a filler match to give a breather before the big triple main event, honestly wouldn't be a bad match in my mind either.

Match 11:
WWE Champion CM Punk(WWE) vs TNA Champion Bobby Roode(TNA) vs ROH Champion Kevin Steen(ROH) Triple Threat Lumberjack Match(featuring all the wrestlers not booked on the show)
GOLD GOLD GOLD, this would be incredible in every way, three very different competitors but all capable of putting on great matches

Match 12:
Undertaker(WWE) vs Sting(TNA)
Now this had to happen, but why in the second to last match? Well I have a feeling ROH would feel like they are getting shafted if they weren't in the main event in some way.

Match 13:
John Cena(WWE), AJ Styles(TNA), and Eddie Edwards(ROH) vs Daniel Bryan(WWE), Bully Ray(TNA), and Michael Elgin(ROH)
Possibly the three faces of each company vs the three top heels from each company, send the crowd home happy with a win for the babyfaces and write this down as a huge success.

Well maybe a bit of an unusual blog and the show would obviously run long but a show like this could run long if it needed and never become uninteresting.

SilverGhost
06-25-2012, 04:17 PM
A US version of "ALL TOGETHER" would be amazing. I am being honest here.

The only way that would happen is that the WWE will acknowledge other wrestlers from the other companies. Sadly that won't happen. I wish that the US shared the same ideas like the Japanese when it comes to wrestling. Wrestlers from companies can be at different companies and the heads won't throw a fit. Hell, they win championships and they don't work in that company.

PrimusSucks
06-25-2012, 04:20 PM
A US version of "ALL TOGETHER" would be amazing. I am being honest here.

The only way that would happen is that the WWE will acknowledge other wrestlers from the other companies. Sadly that won't happen. I wish that the US shared the same ideas like the Japanese when it comes to wrestling. Wrestlers from companies can be at different companies and the heads won't throw a fit. Hell, they win championships and they don't work in that company.
I agree with you, it may never happen and this card is simply a dream card if it happened tomorrow or something like that. The whole world would have to turn upside down for it to ever happen but we can dream right?

Viperfish
06-25-2012, 04:20 PM
I don't know about the booking but the Americas as a culture and society are far too selfish to do something like this. I don't know much about Japanese wrestling but what do those organizations draw? WWE is a corporate giant compared to TNA and ROH, yeah it would be nice to see something like this but WWE wouldn't really gain anything while the other two would gain a lot, and we're talking about direct competitors. Imagine Kane losing to Abyss... what does that say about Kane? I would think that the audience here is far different if they can do that in Japan. How do the Japanese view winners and losers? I mean you have people here on these boards complaining about Miz and Ziggler being jobbed out to Brodus Clay... this was like 1 or 2 losses total if I remember right.

PrimusSucks
06-25-2012, 04:24 PM
I don't know about the booking but the Americas as a culture and society are far too selfish to do something like this. I don't know much about Japanese wrestling but what do those organizations draw? WWE is a corporate giant compared to TNA and ROH, yeah it would be nice to see something like this but WWE wouldn't really gain anything while the other two would gain a lot, and we're talking about direct competitors. Imagine Kane losing to Abyss... what does that say about Kane? I would think that the audience here is far different if they can do that in Japan. How do the Japanese view winners and losers? I mean you have people here on these boards complaining about Miz and Ziggler being jobbed out to Brodus Clay... this was like 1 or 2 losses total if I remember right.

I don't follow Japenese wrestling much to be honest, I just saw an article on the event and came up with a dream card. But I do know that there are usually winners and losers in Japanese wrestling, DQ's and Count Outs don't happen very often.

Also thanks for the move, I was confused as to where I should have put this.

SilverGhost
06-25-2012, 04:29 PM

Bold one: NJPW is company that draws the most because they have recognizable wrestlers. Tanahashi(who is Japan's Cena), Nakamura, Makabe, Kojima, Hiroyoshi, Devitt, MVP, etc. AJPW and NOAH has their wrestlers and they promote the one thing they all love, Pro Wrestling. It is a sport over their and it is very respected.

Bold two: Wrestlers win and lose. Probably to the Japanese, they see it and enjoy the show. This is me speaking, when I see a certain wrestler losing and is a good wrestler....I am wondering why they aren't being handled well but I know that the organization will have them bounce back. To me I wanted Nakamura win the IWGP Heavyweight Title but since Tanahashi was champ and their major draw, he wouldn't win BUT he would put on a hell of a match. Its all the wrestling for them.