PDA

View Full Version : Title change

jackw9
06-25-2012, 09:55 AM
When was the last time someone won the title on raw or smackdown without help from the mitb i know they had the angle last year with the title tournament which cena won but that was a vacant title hearing vicki could be GM tonight would love to see ziggler get a title shot and win on raw would make such a change and maybe bring back a litttle bit of uncertainly

LMPunker
06-25-2012, 10:07 AM
randy orton when he beat christian and alot of people bitched about it

Dennis
06-25-2012, 10:12 AM
When was the last time someone won the title on raw or smackdown without help from the mitb i know they had the angle last year with the title tournament which cena won but that was a vacant title hearing vicki could be GM tonight would love to see ziggler get a title shot and win on raw would make such a change and maybe bring back a litttle bit of uncertainly
I think winning a major title (heavyweight or wwe title) during one of the cable shows usually ends up bad. First off the matches on the shows are quick so either you let them win cleanly in which case you really don't want to watch a rematch if the champion lost cleanly on a cable show.. or they win the title by cheating what is almost always funner to watch on ppv

slapadabass420
06-25-2012, 10:13 AM
ziggler getting a shot and winning the title tonight would be a definite shocker but sadly the E' doesn't rely on shockers as much as they used to.i for one would love to see that happen but it almost certainly wont

Destruction
06-25-2012, 10:16 AM

Santino actually, in February.

And I have heard of Poole, great speedway team (my favorites), it's next to Brownsea Island, and I've been there twice,

slapadabass420
06-25-2012, 10:19 AM
I think winning a major title (heavyweight or wwe title) during one of the cable shows usually ends up bad. First off the matches on the shows are quick so either you let them win cleanly in which case you really don't want to watch a rematch if the champion lost cleanly on a cable show.. or they win the title by cheating what is almost always funner to watch on ppv
i agree unless you go the mick foley route because him beating rocky in '99 was epic.if i'm not mistaken it actually started the shift in the ratings power struggle to give the wwe leverage.although those were different times and the superstars had much more of and appeal than many of them do today.

LMPunker
06-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Santino actually, in February.

And I have heard of Poole, great speedway team (my favorites), it's next to Brownsea Island, and I've been there twice,

i assumed he meant wwe or world heavyweight title

Pumpkinhead
06-25-2012, 10:31 AM
titles changes are saved for PPV because there won't be sense doing it if you're trying to get people paying for that PPV

vinnienfg
06-25-2012, 10:51 AM
I miss something shocking happening on Raw and Smackdown, they need to bring that back.

I'm from Poole. The Poole Pirates speedway team are one of the best in the country.

scribbler_jones
06-25-2012, 12:01 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the U.S. Title get shaken up on RAW. Have it where somehow Santino gets stripped of it (sudden injury forces him to vacate the title? Or a kayfabe visa issue?) and there is a Fatal 4 Way among the midcarders to find out who gets it. My picks for hthe participants would be Zack Ryder (just to generate a cheap pop, he does not need to win... AT ALL...) Alex Riley (let him come up for air and actually get some decent TV time) Heath Slater (the token heel of most multi-men matches... come on, you know he's gotta be there) and Justin Gabriel (a high-flier to round things out.) It seems like it would be safer to allow a mid-card title to change hands on a show than a major title. After all, the Tag Team belts got moved around on TV quite a bit.

Cabers
06-25-2012, 12:58 PM

I believe he is right it happened two days after Chistian won the world heavyweight championship (technical 5 with tape delay).

bartish2
06-25-2012, 05:30 PM
As some people said, the last time I was shocked by a title change on raw or smackdown was when superorton beat christian 2 days later. Time before that was when miz cashed in his MITB contract on orton after a nexus beatdown and it looked as if orton was going to win.

jackw9
06-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Yh sorry did mean wwe championship or world heavyweight i do remember the orton one now but even that wasnt live as it was recorded i think raw misses that these days if ziggler beat shammus tonight i would be so great just because no one would expect it and could even want to make people pay for the next ppv to see what happens next