PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to see return to the WWE

Judas
06-25-2012, 07:40 AM
As I saw posted in a different thread, the WWE roster seems kinda light. One of the reasons I stopped watching was the fact that you can watch about once a month and see all the same matches.

That being said I don't want them bringing "Legends" back for one or two matches, like they did the Rock and Lesner.

So who are your picks to make WWE returns, as full time wrestlers.

Bob Lashley at 35 they could possibly get 5-10 years out of this guy. Incredible physical specimen, with wrestling skill and seems to have the look Vince believes WWE superstars should have.

Shelton Benjamin at 36 this guy could have a long career to, and was amazing to watch in the ring. I would say he is probably one of the best athletes in pro wrestling.

John Morrison the youngest of the bunch, this guy was fantastic and watching him on WWE was always a treat. Although I hated his finisher (always thought the running knee to face was better).

Those are my top 3 picks. I know a good number of people are going to say Batista, but for me he just wasn't that interesting in the ring and had very little love for the business. Goldberg is another one that I wish people would stop bringing up, that man had zero love of the business.

Mr. Ziggles
06-25-2012, 08:21 AM
My top three Choices would be:

3) Matt Morgan - Fits the WWE mold perfectly, and is possibly the best bigman around ATM.

2) Shelton Benjamin - May not be the greatest speaker in the world but give him a manager like Vicky or AW, and watch him fly to the moon.

1) Mr Kennedy - Huge fan, probably not the best choice of returns, but I'm biased as hell towards me

I would say Batista, but he has lost alot of weightmaking his powerhouse gimmick lees believable, and having him change his style wouldnt really work, I am a huge fan of his, but him returning wouldnt work IMO.

Judas
06-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Wow didn't even think about Morgan, might have to change this to top 4 instead of 3.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mr. Kennedy return, he had great mic skills, just seemed injury prone.

Mr Punk
06-25-2012, 08:58 AM
I would like to also see Bobby Lashley back in the WWE. Kind of a shame he was being pushed too the moon to only end up quitting. I wonder how things would have shaped up if he stayed. Also I would like to see Jeff Hardy return. I know he has had chance after chance in the WWE but Jeff is good for business and is extremely over with his fans and would love to see his return.

Judas
06-25-2012, 09:35 AM
I would like to also see Bobby Lashley back in the WWE. Kind of a shame he was being pushed too the moon to only end up quitting. I wonder how things would have shaped up if he stayed. Also I would like to see Jeff Hardy return. I know he has had chance after chance in the WWE but Jeff is good for business and is extremely over with his fans and would love to see his return.

I honestly really like Jeff Hardy, but I think the presure of the WWE just sets him up for failure. Its really to bad cause he was one of my favorite superstars.

jackw9
06-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Wouldnt mind MVP returning if he was used properly another person could be carlito although not fussed by him Jomo is a big yes as would be shelton the huge stars like goldberg batista and to a lesser degree lashley would be great if used to talent over that deserved it

Dennis
06-25-2012, 09:55 AM
3.) world greatest tag team- unlikely they seem to be happy in ring of honor.. but they were an awesome heel stable.
2.) rob van dam - great wrestler while most of his career is done... he could help put a different spin on a lot of matches do to the fact his style is so much different than most other superstars
1) john morrison- this is a landslide pick for me.. he is still young you could make him a champion quickly with little complaint. fun to watch inside the ring.. fun to watch as a face or as a heel... not much downside to having him come back.. and is likely going to go back to the wwe sometime in the near future

The Notorious R.O.B
06-25-2012, 10:34 AM
3) JoMo- I was always a fan and really think if given the proper push he could be a big time player. A little needed time off could have done wonders for him and I think it's only a matter of time before he comes back.
2) Jeff Hardy- The guy has one of the most unique looks ever. He also has an exciting move set to go along with it. I agree the tough WWE schedule got to him, but with some time in TNA it looks like that he has control of his life and is in a better place and better suited for another big run in the WWE.
1) Kurt Angle- My 2nd favorite of all time so I am a little biased when it comes to him, but he is still got at least 1 more yr left in him and the guy can still go. I would love to see him come back and retire in the WWE. They could renew an old rivalry with him like against Cena or perhaps put him up against some of their new guys like Punk, Ziggler, or Bryan.

Other welcomed returns:
The Pope aka Elijah Burke, Bully Ray, Shelton, and Gregory Helms

Beserker
06-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Morgan-Great skills for a big man

MVP-just watch some of his matches from Japan this guy is the real deal

Jomo-should come back rested and with out so much bagage (Cough melina cough)

World B. Free
06-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler!!! :eek:

Jed I Knight
06-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Love to see the heart break kid shawn michaels, jedi master would. Bad match or even botch in his entire career, Jedi master has never seen him have. Yeesssssss.
Love to see stacey keibler back as well, jedi master would. My light saber grow very much, she makes. ;)

vinnienfg
06-25-2012, 11:26 AM
1) Jeff Hardy

2) MVP

3) Rob Van Dam

Cabers
06-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Forget the past time to bring up the ascension (wicked pun :rolleyes:) Ambrose, rollins, ohno and Bray Wyatt problem solved. *puts on sunglasses* *struts away*

Callum
06-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Matt Hardy

Jeff Hardy

MVP

Sage
06-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Low ki- my fave wrestler so an obvious pick for me XD

matt morgan- hes basically the wwe's wet dream and improved alot in tna

Judas
06-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Forget the past time to bring up the ascension (wicked pun :rolleyes:) Ambrose, rollins, ohno and Bray Wyatt problem solved. *puts on sunglasses* *struts away*

All thought I want to see those individuals brought up to the main roster as well, we would have to sit through all the B.S. TV time of them getting established.

The bonus of picking three is they are already established.

But yeah bring Ambrose, Rollins, Ohno and Bray up to the main roster it needs all the help it can get.

CM Rock-Austin
06-25-2012, 02:50 PM
I want to see Kurt Angle back for one last run and then retire that is if he wants to leave TNA and go back to the WWE.

The Hedge
06-25-2012, 03:32 PM
1) Matt Morgan to come back as Taker's friend only to challenge and end the streak
2) Trish...but only to take the title at RR in some diva battle royal...only to be called out by Kharma. Divas championship match setup for mania.
3) Battista
4) Worlds Greatest Tag Team and London/Kendrick to add to the dying tag team division (and if the E could pull off getting the MCM too, that would be awesome)
5) Chavo to manage an elite Latino stable of Hernandez, Homicide, and Alberto Del Rio

hhhistheman
06-25-2012, 03:41 PM
1.Kurt Angle
2.Stone Cold(Smackdown G.M.)
3.Edge(Raw G.M.)

Robstar
06-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Nathan Jones. Hillbilly Jim. Albert....oh wait...

K2Jelly
06-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Nathan Jones. Hillbilly Jim. Albert....oh wait...

I don't know about Albert but that A-Train fella sure was impressive. Not to mention Chester McCheeserton and Mark Jindrak.

jackw9
06-25-2012, 05:38 PM
If trish came back i'd watch every second of wwe again just incase she was on it damn! miss her so hot

LuckIsForLosers
06-26-2012, 10:40 AM
I won't say Morgan as he probably is coming anyway...happy to see his return however, so don't misconstrue.

In order from most wanted to least:

1) Kurt Angle - old but a machine and thusly can still go, come back to a huge pop, suplexes, submission holds and a moonsault. Winning all round. Though I don't see him returning as he hates the schedule and has had injury problems since 2000 that prevent him from doing the heavy WWE schedule. Lesnar v Angle match at next year's Mania's main event is a dream match but sadly, is just that - a dream.

2) Mr Kennedy/Anderson - puts on a solid enough match, and absolute goldust on the mic (no pun intended). Very entertaining.

3) Brock Lesnar - his current contract/stint is practically a one off appearance, just elongated. If we could see Brock Lesnar return full time, that would make my day. Phenomenal athlete, who, despite health problems, could still hack a full time schedule if he put his all into it.

4) Shane McMahon - new GM, or, even better, Invasion Part 2 in the future where Shane brings wrestlers (perhaps free agents, ROH wrestlers or TNA wrestlers) to take back his company from HHH.

5) Mark Jindrak - has the look, the ability and the talent. Probably the political clout too as he's friends with Orton. I don't know why someone with his look AND talent ended up jobbing to Rene Dupree.

6) Pope - he's a great heel and good at getting heat. Entertaining in-ring and on the mic.

7) Taz - people hate him for some reason but I've always found him to be an entertaining commentator who can offer better colour insight than Booker T and Jerry Lawler (the latter of whom doesn't ever offer actual colour commentary/wrestling insight, just sycophantically comments on faces).#

8) Cruiserweights - a whole division. Past WWE wrestlers who could make this work could include Essa Rios, Rey Mysterio, Kaz, Moore, Helms and Chavo to name a few. Think Jeff Hardy and RVD are too big to be cruiserweight undercarders.

The Hit Man
06-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Jeff Hardy. Would be interesting to start his feud back up with Punk now that Punk is a top face.

82Tucker
06-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Morgan's returning IMO so he's 1. Rest are (in no particular order):

2) Angle
3) Jeff Hardy
4) Shane Mac
5) SCSA
6) Rock

bearkg88
06-26-2012, 08:14 PM
As I saw posted in a different thread, the WWE roster seems kinda light. One of the reasons I stopped watching was the fact that you can watch about once a month and see all the same matches.

That being said I don't want them bringing "Legends" back for one or two matches, like they did the Rock and Lesner.

So who are your picks to make WWE returns, as full time wrestlers.

Bob Lashley at 35 they could possibly get 5-10 years out of this guy. Incredible physical specimen, with wrestling skill and seems to have the look Vince believes WWE superstars should have.

Shelton Benjamin at 36 this guy could have a long career to, and was amazing to watch in the ring. I would say he is probably one of the best athletes in pro wrestling.

John Morrison the youngest of the bunch, this guy was fantastic and watching him on WWE was always a treat. Although I hated his finisher (always thought the running knee to face was better).

Those are my top 3 picks. I know a good number of people are going to say Batista, but for me he just wasn't that interesting in the ring and had very little love for the business. Goldberg is another one that I wish people would stop bringing up, that man had zero love of the business.

For me it would be Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, and Jeff hardy. I think Hardy would be HUGE over in the WWE like before, and seeing those three back in the E would be epic hands down

MrVoteLibertarian
06-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Dig up and revive
Savage
Perfect

Sting

Tommy Thunder
06-26-2012, 10:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZT485kz8E4

Kenny Kaos
06-27-2012, 04:12 AM
The Brian Kendrick - was getting over until he did weed. LOVED that character. And he was WWE (interim) Champion (for about 2 minutes)...the man with the plan!

RVD - What can I say, I'm an ECW mark. May not be as mobile as he was in his earlier years but can still put on decent matches.

Sean O'Haire - That "I'm not telling you anything you don't already know" gimmick could have been huge. Was it dropped or did O'Haire violate the wellness policy?

JBL - I'm sick of Del Rio being a cheap JBL knock off, I want the real thing! I know he is probably past it now, but a JBL/Del Rio feud could be a lot of fun