PDA

View Full Version : A Return?

jackw9
06-24-2012, 08:23 PM
With all the injuries and suspensions lately and the roster looking very thin does anybody think a old star could return as we arent that far from summer slam names like batista lashley goldberg JBL ?

Tommy Thunder
06-24-2012, 08:30 PM
JBL is busy climbing mountains, so don't expect to see him until he's done with that. And JBL doesn't want to wrestle any more anyway. If he was to come back, I'd want him to be a commentator or a manager.

Goldberg? No way. I can't imagine why you'd want to see him back.

Batista and Lashley are possible. Lashley's expressed interest in coming back to WWE, and Batista's MMA and acting career hasn't taken off, so who knows.

But IMO, they should concentrate on building new stars instead of looking to bring people back.

jackw9
06-24-2012, 08:33 PM
I agree with the new stars but can only see ziggler winning mitb and now he's staying with vicki think it could be a bit of a let down compared to letting him go by himself

thisiswrestling
06-24-2012, 08:38 PM
I'd like the WWE to build new stars instead of bringing back old talent. But if they were to bring back a talent, I'd guess Batista.

Tommy Thunder
06-24-2012, 08:41 PM
I agree with the new stars but can only see ziggler winning mitb and now he's staying with vicki think it could be a bit of a let down compared to letting him go by himself

Who's to say he's staying with Vickie long term? I can see Swagger screwing Ziggler and taking off with Vickie.
And there's other options for MITB winners; Rhodes, Berrett, Miz etc.

Dennis
06-24-2012, 08:44 PM
JBL is busy climbing mountains, so don't expect to see him until he's done with that. And JBL doesn't want to wrestle any more anyway. If he was to come back, I'd want him to be a commentator or a manager.

Goldberg? No way. I can't imagine why you'd want to see him back.

Batista and Lashley are possible. Lashley's expressed interest in coming back to WWE, and Batista's MMA and acting career hasn't taken off, so who knows.

But IMO, they should concentrate on building new stars instead of looking to bring people back.
Agreed, as much as I think it would be cool to see lashley or batista back in the wwe... I think focusing on the talent on the roster is a smarter business move.

The Brown One
06-24-2012, 08:46 PM
I could care less if Goldberg never returned. Hes overrated.
Like Thomas mentioned earlier, it's better for the WWE to focus on building up new stars rather than relying on older ones who can't wrestling anymore. It's fine to have veterans show up once in a while, but the younger talent are the future. Plus I'd rather take a Ziggler match over a Sgt. Slaughter, Jim Duggan or Batista match.

thedag
06-24-2012, 08:47 PM
pretty much all the wrestlers with injuries and suspensions are coming back soon.

scribbler_jones
06-24-2012, 08:48 PM
I could see it being a good/okay move to bring someone back as a manager - like Jimmy Hart. It looks to me more like there are all these wrestlers and few quality managers to help give voice to the ones who need it. But if someone were to pull a comeback, let it be an awesome old-school announcer or manager - someone who can get some screen time and still allow room for today's talent to grow.

blink
06-24-2012, 10:10 PM
I'd rather see jomo return

scribbler_jones
06-24-2012, 10:41 PM
i'd rather see jomo return

hell yeah.

bigrence202
06-24-2012, 11:16 PM
id rather see Ambrose, or Chris Hero (sorry i just cant call him 'Kassius Ohno'),or Seth Rollins brought up,let the new talent get their feet wet, get the new talent ready

Viperfish
06-25-2012, 12:36 AM
id rather see Ambrose, or Chris Hero (sorry i just cant call him 'Kassius Ohno'),or Seth Rollins brought up,let the new talent get their feet wet, get the new talent ready

As much as I want to see these guys that people apparently can't get enough of to make their debuts on TV, we've had far too many debuts, returns and repackages so far this year. We have: Chris Jericho, Brock Lesnar, Epico, Tensai, Antonio Cesaro, Brodus Clay, Camacho, Damien Sandow, Darren Young & Titus O'Neal(technically), Hunico, Ryback, and Sin Cara.

The list is monstrous for one year. They need the air time to build these guys up... they can't just throw all these guys in the mix and then later figure out how to divvy up the air time.

Snair
06-25-2012, 12:43 AM
With all the injuries and suspensions lately and the roster looking very thin does anybody think a old star could return as we arent that far from summer slam names like batista lashley goldberg JBL ?

JBL & Goldberg - NO

Batista & Lashley - Their return cannot be ruled out.I wont mind seeing them back in WWE.

BadAndy
06-25-2012, 12:50 AM

I agree to an certain point. Hero/Ohno really needs to working on his telegraphing of his KO. I know I'm not a huge follower of the independents but I've watched some matches from FCW and man he slaps his leg way too obviously with that move.

Overall I think now is the perfect time to use Rhodes and Ziggler as they should be. Move them to the next level. We've got an incredible talented roster right now that I'd love to see pushed rather than bringing back some overrated star like Lashley, Batista or Goldberg. Jomo would be a welcome return though.

Rick BoA
06-25-2012, 01:48 AM
Honestly i would love to see Goldberg return(short term). Sure he couldnt sell worth a crap but he had an impressive moveset in my opinion.
I always love this move, and would love to see Ryback or somebody start to use it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnKz0Xw1Zxk
Its just looks mean.

The Brown One
06-25-2012, 03:33 AM
As much as I want to see these guys that people apparently can't get enough of to make their debuts on TV, we've had far too many debuts, returns and repackages so far this year. We have: Chris Jericho, Brock Lesnar, Epico, Tensai, Antonio Cesaro, Brodus Clay, Camacho, Damien Sandow, Darren Young & Titus O'Neal(technically), Hunico, Ryback, and Sin Cara.

The list is monstrous for one year. They need the air time to build these guys up... they can't just throw all these guys in the mix and then later figure out how to divvy up the air time.

That's why Hunter said that theres to be no one from FCW coming to the main roster unless they have a good storyline to introduce them to the fans. Besides, Sandow just showed up, and hes got a good gimmick, that can work with anyone right now. If Rollins and Ambrose are given the right storyline, expect to see them on tv soon. I'm also looking forward to Richie Steamboat, the Rotundos (they can really help the tagteam division) and Paige.

UK1987
06-25-2012, 05:32 AM
I was thinking about JBL the other day... The commentators are making an issue at the minute about the length of CM Punk's title reign and saying that it is closing in on Cena and JBL's title reigns.. I can see JBL making a return when CM Punk gets close to his record... Perhaps right after Summerslam or something and not wrestling, but perhaps screwing Punk in a title match so that his record remains. Don't know where it would go from there though!

82Tucker
06-25-2012, 06:36 AM
Matt Morgan will return in the near future and join forces with Heyman & Lesnar.

Tommy Thunder
06-25-2012, 07:42 AM
I was thinking about JBL the other day... The commentators are making an issue at the minute about the length of CM Punk's title reign and saying that it is closing in on Cena and JBL's title reigns.. I can see JBL making a return when CM Punk gets close to his record... Perhaps right after Summerslam or something and not wrestling, but perhaps screwing Punk in a title match so that his record remains. Don't know where it would go from there though!

JBL is climbing mountains bud. He's mentioned that he'll be on tv to promote his charity climb, but nothing more for the time being.
I wouldn't expect to see him back in a larger capacity until after he's finished his 7 peaks.

jackw9
06-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Jimmy hart is signed to wwe but they obvs have no plans for him would love to see jomo back with the 1,000th raw coming up i think a few old faces could show up i would like to see maybe a couple of faces stay providing good storylines i'm all for pushing young talent but lately everyone is feeling unimportant to me miz has fallen off a cliff cody to swagger needs a new gimmick as does ryder who to be fair has had no help at all from creative

Cabers
06-25-2012, 12:21 PM
John Morrison would be obvious choice i think.