PDA

View Full Version : MITB changes

Pumpkinhead
06-24-2012, 09:53 AM
WWE.com has labeled the ladders matches for the upcoming PPV as "WWE championship money in the bank ladder match" and World Heavywieght championship money in the bank ladder match".

So is this the official death of the brand extension??, most guys appears in bothe RAW and Smackdown and currently the E' has barely enough to make one roster, we know the brand division meant squad this past months but this could actually admitting there no more separated shows.

82Tucker
06-24-2012, 09:58 AM
It may aswell be. It's been clear over recent times that everyone works on Raw & Smackdown. They should just consider getting more guys involved on the roster, thus actually giving us fans more interesting angles and decent PPV matches instead of mainly snorefest main events like Cena v Big Show.

Tommy Thunder
06-24-2012, 09:59 AM
WWE.com has labeled the ladders matches for the upcoming PPV as "WWE championship money in the bank ladder match" and World Heavywieght championship money in the bank ladder match".

So is this the official death of the brand extension??, most guys appears in bothe RAW and Smackdown and currently the E' has barely enough to make one roster, we know the brand division meant squad this past months but this could actually admitting there no more separated shows.

I wouldn't say that the bolded is true. WWE still have enough on their roster to make 2 separate rosters, no doubt.

But regarding these changes, I think it's a good thing. It's likely IMO that we'll see a mixture of Smackdown and Superstars in both respective matches now, rather than just Smackdown guys in the WHC match and just Raw guys in the WWE match.
But yeah, with the brand extension effectively not in place any more, this makes a lot more sense than calling it "Smackdown/Raw MITB".

Cabers
06-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Well yes and no to your posed question.

1. It is the official death of the brand extension.

2. It doesn't really matter because it was unofficial dead years ago.

G.G.G.
06-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Yea afraid to say it is probably the death of the brand extension.

I do disagree with one point that being the roster, they have enough people on the roster, and those ready to come up from FCW, they could have enough to almost go back to Single Brand PPV's with the few Rumble, SummerSlam, Wrestlemania etc. for both brands. The problem is the WWE does not have enough main event depth to do that, thus why the brand extension has died. They have failed to build up any new talent to the main event level.

slapadabass420
06-24-2012, 12:03 PM
the brand extension has been dead for quite some time now.it is only recently with the addition of SUPERSHOW to the raw name that is has come to light.i for one was never a big fan of the brand extension because i always knew there would come a time when they would do what they are doing now.which is slowly dismantling it.but hey that's just an honest opinion from your truly.and as far as there not being enough superstars to have one brand let alone two i must respectfully disagree.there is more than enough talent at the moment to have a smackdown,raw,ecw,and nxt all at once if they chose to do so.there are many superstars in developmental right now that could take the metaphorical torch and run like a track meet if given the chance but once again that is merely an opinion.

bartish2
06-24-2012, 01:06 PM
They do have enough people to sustain two rosters, the thing is they do not know how to use talent at all. I think we can officially call the brand extension dead, smackdown is simply a second show for other talent to work although talent switch back and forth between shows all the time. It is a shame though because smackdown used to be as good as raw with taker, kane, big show, edge, mysterio etc and they could use the brand extension to compete against each other to make the better show thus making the product better by giving themselves competition. but its obvious they do not care about anything besides world titles & main event

The Brown One
06-24-2012, 08:55 PM
This isn't really a big change. I just hope they don't do another 10 man MITB. I prefer when they had 6 or 8. Anymore and it's too crowded.

PSOjedi
06-25-2012, 04:24 PM
John Cena (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/news?Item%5Btags%5D=John Cena) posted the following on Twitter today…

In Fort Wayne for #Raw tonight I have an announcement that will make history! Make sure to watch #Raw
Cena will announce that he will be in the RAW MITB Ladder match.

PSOjedi
06-26-2012, 12:32 AM
I was right, like 90% of the time... :rolleyes: