PDA

View Full Version : Should Big Show put Brodus over.

URATOOL
06-24-2012, 03:47 AM
Brodus is finally getting a feud to get his teeth into. Many may criticize the big fella, but I actually think he has a future. He is surprisingly quick and agile for such a big guy.

There aren't many guys who can square up to Big Show and not look noticeably tiny compared to him. Whilst he is 5 inches shorter and gives up about 70lbs to Show (making him 94% of Show's height and 85% of his weight), he does look like he could physically stand a fair chance against Show. So should Show put him over? Show has nothing left to prove and doesn't need to win titles and feuds any more. He is in the last couple of years of his active weekly career (IMHO).

Personally I'd like to see this feud last for a couple of months. And I'd happily see it run that time without an officially match ever starting. Then finally when they get around to having a match I'd have Brodus win it. Not easily and not without a monster amount of damage both ways. Many in the IWC go on about putting over the next generation. Well I see this as a good opportunity to do just that.

Sahu
06-24-2012, 05:21 AM
I'm with you...brodus is a promising wrestler n quite agile for his size...he's also good on mic...whole of EWN wanted his debut on Raw...but all were dis-satisfied by his funkasoraus(what ever may be the spelling..:P) gimmick...

This feud shouldput Brodus over..n also..this should bring some sort of seriousness into Brodus' gimmick.....

Brodus should win the feud n thus, Bigshow can pass on the torch to Brodus....

Asherdelampyr
06-24-2012, 05:29 AM
Absolutely, let's face it, Show's days in the ring at this point are numbered, and the WWE will need another big guy, Brodus is good enough to fill that role well, so there is no good reason that I can think of for him not to do so.

a long feud with backstage ambushes and shit a'la henry/show could work well, cap it off with a good blowoff match at Summerslam or thereabouts, probably some sort of a cage or cell match, and if done right Brodus could come out looking like a credible threat, without Show losing face in the least.

Tyler Durden.
06-24-2012, 06:49 AM
I disagree. Brodus Clay is a mid-card comedy character. It's fine for him to be convincingly beating the likes of Heath Slater and JTG, but when facing the upper-tier talent he should be putting them over. It's bad enough they have jobbed out the likes of Miz and Ziggler to him already, that should never have happened.

Brodus' job is to warm up the crowd with his dance routine with the two girls, wins and losses are pretty unimportant to him as under this gimmick he will always be a opening-match act.

Im no fan of Big Show but WWE are pushing him as a monster-heel, this will probably be his last decent run in the company as his body surely can't handle a full schedule for more than another year or two. He needs to go over Brodus Clay to look strong.

HeelTurn
06-24-2012, 07:18 AM
Yeah it would be good to see Show put Brodus over. He can still play the comedy Funkasaurus thing, but beating Show and showing a more aggressive side would be a good way to get people to take him seriously.

bartish2
06-24-2012, 07:57 AM
Even if clay did get put over by show, I still would not take him seriously due to his gimmick of the dancing dinosaur who dances with kids... barney anyone? If they want us to care about him 6 months in, they need give him a serious gimmick

Pumpkinhead
06-24-2012, 08:16 AM
No, they need a credible heel right now that Y2J is turning face and Show has the experience and dominance to do, besides why push Brodus??, he just a comedy character you can't push every guy in the roster

Cabers
06-24-2012, 09:33 AM
I am not so sure they should be wasting Show on Clay right now his gimmick is set for the main event not a comedic thing that he is trying to get away from.

LostOmega
06-24-2012, 11:01 AM
I feel like giving Clay a push is a double-edged sword. Is he good in the ring? Yes, but I feel like having him as a main-eventer would eventually lead to another Cena situation. The kids already love him so he's well on his way to that kind of future. If Clay is going to main event, he needs to either ditch Cameron and Naomi and get a new gimmick or get in a genuine match that shows that he can take a beating and dish it out as well. Fighting jobbers doesn't really sell anything to me anymore because the WWE has done it to death. Also, WWE can easily make the Brodus and the Funkateers a stable if Cameron and Naomi would just get in the ring. I don't know how good they are but they could at least be a tag team.

G.G.G.
06-24-2012, 11:38 AM
I completely agree. Brodus Clay is very athletic for a guy his size, and has a future in his business.

As much as everyone has criticized his gimmick, I think this feud could also help his gimmick get over. At No Way Out when he came out and stood up to Big Show, I found myself for the first time taking him seriously since his new gimmick, which could prove good for him to maintain the gimmick and be looked at as a legit threat.

As much as I hated Big Show/ Mark Henry big man feud, Brodus Clay is a much better wrestler IMO, I think Show has done everything he can in his career, and I feel like putting over Clay will help Clay get to that main event level as the next big man of the future, without hurting Big Show as much seeing as though he is probably in the WWE's mind the top heel, or second to Daniel Bryan. Putting Clay over on one of the top heels right now could skyrocket him and really get the fans behind him. I think these two could have entertaining matches

Tommy Thunder
06-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Even if clay did get put over by show, I still would not take him seriously due to his gimmick of the dancing dinosaur who dances with kids... barney anyone? If they want us to care about him 6 months in, they need give him a serious gimmick

I agree with this.
With his current gimmick I don't want to see him main eventing. As Bratish says, his gimmick is effectively WWE's answer to Barney the dinosaur.
He's a mid carder at best with that gimmick. I wouldn't mid seeing him holding one of the mid card titles personally, but I wdon't want to see him any further than that up the card with his current gimmick.

It's nothing more than an act to get the crowd going and to give a chance for a group of kids to get a once in a lifetime opportunity of getting in a WWE ring. It's a good gimmick as far as achieving that goes, but as far as being taken seriously as a legit guy, then no.

I think Clay as a heel has potential to be a bigger player, and I'm sure in time we will see that, but as the Funkasaurus, he's just fine where he is.

As far as Show putting him over, again, not while he's the Funkasaurus.

jelle1809
06-24-2012, 02:18 PM
He is over with me, so yeah why not?

He needs a feud or storyline ASAP and he has a bright future as an upper mid card player. The only thing that needs to change in his current gimmick is quiting the always smiling good guy. Accasionally he needs to act seriously to be taken seriously, like when he challenged Show and got pummeled.

CM Rock-Austin
06-24-2012, 03:03 PM
I agree with this.
With his current gimmick I don't want to see him main eventing. As Bratish says, his gimmick is effectively WWE's answer to Barney the dinosaur.
He's a mid carder at best with that gimmick. I wouldn't mid seeing him holding one of the mid card titles personally, but I wdon't want to see him any further than that up the card with his current gimmick.

It's nothing more than an act to get the crowd going and to give a chance for a group of kids to get a once in a lifetime opportunity of getting in a WWE ring. It's a good gimmick as far as achieving that goes, but as far as being taken seriously as a legit guy, then no.

I think Clay as a heel has potential to be a bigger player, and I'm sure in time we will see that, but as the Funkasaurus, he's just fine where he is.

As far as Show putting him over, again, not while he's the Funkasaurus.

Agree 100%.

Jayoholic
06-24-2012, 03:10 PM
No disrespect to you guys, but turning someone into a serious heel isn't always the best solution. Matter of fact it's the same ol' thing that people have been complaining about for years.

AWrestlingGod
06-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Big Show should put over Ryback not Brodius Clay... Believe it or not Ryback has a more serious gimmick and he would benefit more for beating Big Show in one night as opposed to beating jobbers every week untill Wrestlemania.

HeelTurn
06-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Brodus doesn't need to main event, he could easily challenge for the US title, and if he is seen as someone who can legitimately beat anyone in matches, as opposed to squash matches, it may make the title look better than it currently is.

Rick BoA
06-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Brodus is a terrible wrestler. He only has squash matches and he looks like he is about to die after walking to the ring.

Big Show has proven that for being a huge guy he can put on a pretty decent match.

Brodus is just a fatass who happens to be big.

Androo
06-24-2012, 06:51 PM
They're not really feuding though, are they? Brodus was used as a bit-part player in the Show-Cena-Johnny feud, as WMD-fodder to get Show over as a "legitimate" scary GIANT, meanie, heel. The mini-feud is/was Brodus and Otunga.

Beserker
06-24-2012, 08:41 PM
What if show convinces clay to not care about the fans and to become the monster he is

Tommy Thunder
06-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Brodus is a terrible wrestler. He only has squash matches and he looks like he is about to die after walking to the ring.

Big Show has proven that for being a huge guy he can put on a pretty decent match.

Brodus is just a fatass who happens to be big.

You clearly haven't seen a Brodus Clay match in your life. And I'm not talking about any of the squash matches he's had in the past several months, I'm talking about matches he had on NXT 4 and FCW.
The guy's a very good wrestler for a guy his size.

Rick BoA
06-25-2012, 01:51 AM
You clearly haven't seen a Brodus Clay match in your life. And I'm not talking about any of the squash matches he's had in the past several months, I'm talking about matches he had on NXT 4 and FCW.
The guy's a very good wrestler for a guy his size.

No, he is a less athletic, less entertaining Rikishi/Viscera wanna-be.

URATOOL
06-25-2012, 02:11 AM

You Sir are blind. He is MORE athletic than both of those two. But you already know that.

Asherdelampyr
06-25-2012, 02:25 AM

Rikishi you may have a point with, that guy had the same thing Samoa Joe has, way too much agility for a man his size, but Viscera? That guy was lucky he could get into the ring.

Asherdelampyr
06-25-2012, 02:33 AM
Rikishi you may have a point with, that guy had the same thing Samoa Joe has, way too much agility for a man his size, but Viscera? That guy was lucky he could get into the ring.
as a follow up, watch this guy when he gets to face someone who isn't some jobber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjDyfMeQ2Yg

Robstar
06-25-2012, 02:34 AM
I marked out when Clay showed up at NWO in the main event. I thought that was pretty good. Now, if only they could have a feud like the olden days when Clay would go over for a week or two, then Show for a week or so, etc, etc.......aaaaaaahhh, memories

Robstar
06-25-2012, 02:35 AM
as a follow up, watch this guy when he gets to face someone who isn't some jobber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjDyfMeQ2Yg

I like Lucky Cannon. Please say he's coming back

Rick BoA
06-25-2012, 09:06 PM
He is still terrible in the ring.
I will upgrade him from viscera to mideon.

K2Jelly
06-25-2012, 09:08 PM
He is still terrible in the ring.
I will upgrade him from viscera to mideon.

He only had the chance to perform ONE move. ONE...MOVE. At least wait until he actually gets to show off his ability.