PDA

View Full Version : Give slater a title run

Lee5657
06-23-2012, 07:29 PM
heath slater

i love this guy! Over the last couple of weeks hes been amazing, i love the way he comes in, "im the OMRB heath slater baby! Wooo!". "its slater time baby"
hes just amazing, but i feel he needs a storyline and a good 1, i mean he has all of the credentials to be a champion, maybe not wwe champion but the us and intercontinental are within his reach i think, hes been tag champs before so why not.
its not really good for his career just coming out every week getting beat up by some celebrity or returning near 60 year old legend so i think he needs to start a title run either on his own or with a partner again.

Destruction
06-23-2012, 07:31 PM
I detest Heath Slater with a passion. I know it's just him doing his job, and I'm meant to feel this way about him, but I'd rather see PEOPLE POWER! and The Great Khali in a 30 minute ironman match (alright, 20 minutes)

Tommy Thunder
06-23-2012, 07:33 PM
I detest Heath Slater with a passion. I know it's just him doing his job, and I'm meant to feel this way about him, but I'd rather see PEOPLE POWER! and The Great Khali in a 30 minute ironman match (alright, 20 minutes)

Wow, you prefer Khali to Slater? You must really hate him lol!

I lover Slater personally. I think he'd make a decent IC/US champ. He plays a great heel with his annoying personality, he can cut a decent promo, and he's solid in the ring. I think he has potential.

Destruction
06-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Wow, you prefer Khali to Slater? You must really hate him lol!

I lover Slater personally. I think he'd make a decent IC/US champ. He plays a great heel with his annoying personality, he can cut a decent promo, and he's solid in the ring. I think he has potential.

I do hate him, but I'm supposed too. I'd rather hate him, than him do a "Jinder Mahal" and leave no real impression on me.

But his Wendys look, the voice, it gets him over, and however much I hate to say it, he could become a decent midcard champ

SESAfro
06-23-2012, 07:42 PM
It's time...it's time...

IT'S SLATER TIME!!!

Yeah, ever since he and Gabriel left, I always lived Slater more. I will say a part of me loves him only for his pants. Guitars and flames, you gotta love it.

Ulap83
06-23-2012, 08:11 PM
I honestly don't care at all about Heath Slater. While I don't want to see any person lose their job, if he was released, I'd barely notice. I think right now he's a victim of the "Charlie Haas" treatment. Remember how it was stated that Vince McMahon would rather watch paint dry than watch Haas? Then they put him in a bunch of really stupid skits? While I don't know how McMahon personally feels about Slater, I see a lot of parallels with what was done with Charlie Haas before he was released.

blink
06-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Slater is hilarious and solid in the ring. If santino can get decent mid card title runs, why can't slater?

Lee5657
06-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Well said blink

The Brown One
06-23-2012, 09:06 PM
I liked Slater better when he wasn't being buried by people on a weekly basis. He could be a good singles wrestler, and has a good gimmick. But they should take him seriously instead of having him be a joke. Give him a feud with someone, and have him continue talking, because it can only do better for his mic skills.

indysteve1563
06-23-2012, 09:25 PM
heath slater

i love this guy! Over the last couple of weeks hes been amazing, i love the way he comes in, "im the OMRB heath slater baby! Wooo!". "its slater time baby"
hes just amazing, but i feel he needs a storyline and a good 1, i mean he has all of the credentials to be a champion, maybe not wwe champion but the us and intercontinental are within his reach i think, hes been tag champs before so why not.
its not really good for his career just coming out every week getting beat up by some celebrity or returning near 60 year old legend so i think he needs to start a title run either on his own or with a partner again.

Slater? A title run? You've got to be kidding, right?

yoguy357
06-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Slater? A title run? You've got to be kidding, right?

I don't know man...the Divas division is looking pretty weak these days...

bigrence202
06-23-2012, 11:14 PM
im a huge slater mark,the can wrestle and put on a entertaining match i would love for him to get the US title,im so tired of Santino, everytime he has a segment or match i change the f'n channel

Poot-Hair
06-24-2012, 12:12 AM
I love to hate Slater. As much as I hate to admit it, he is a decent heel and an all around decent wrestler. Give him the U.S. belt off of Santino and revamp Santino into a more serious competitor. That could work I guess.

capn-edu
06-24-2012, 12:25 AM
I was thinking the same thing
He has great moves!
I hate him and we all think he is annoying = perfect heel
give him a US title run!!

CM Rock-Austin
06-24-2012, 01:10 AM
I love to hate Slater. As much as I hate to admit it, he is a decent heel and an all around decent wrestler. Give him the U.S. belt off of Santino and revamp Santino into a more serious competitor. That could work I guess.

I agree with this, I am getting tired of Santino and wish the wwe can make him serious.

drumn4life0789
06-24-2012, 02:44 AM
I like him but I feel he is in the position as Jobber who is semi-over. I think he will be stuck in that position for a very long time because he is good at it. In a sense it kind of reminds me of Ziggler. Ziggler obviously deserves a decent title run or atleast feud for the title very soon but he is so good at selling and putting people over that I see him stuck in that position for a while just lik ehe has been for the past year or so.

The Brown One
06-24-2012, 03:27 AM

They've done that to death to try to get midcarders over. I just want to see Slater having a singles feud, or having a US title feud but not winning it for months, rather than just hand him the title and hope the fans somehow take him more seriously.

Amerinaine
06-24-2012, 03:34 AM
While I don't much care for Slater. He is a damn sight more believable character than Santino Marella. Than again, I've not cared for comedy skits much. Slater's thing reminds me of Jillian Hall, which annoyed the hell out of me too. So, put Santino and Slater in a match, give Slater the belt. Repackage Santino, than have Santino and Slater fight again. Give Santino back the belt, than repackage Slater.

SkilletBoi
06-24-2012, 05:07 AM
im a huge slater mark,the can wrestle and put on a entertaining match i would love for him to get the US title,im so tired of Santino, everytime he has a segment or match i change the f'n channel

This is wayyy of topic but if I didnt like Yoshi Tatsu so much I'd love your sig.

Sahu
06-24-2012, 05:43 AM
I honestly don't care at all about Heath Slater. While I don't want to see any person lose their job, if he was released, I'd barely notice. I think right now he's a victim of the "Charlie Haas" treatment. Remember how it was stated that Vince McMahon would rather watch paint dry than watch Haas? Then they put him in a bunch of really stupid skits? While I don't know how McMahon personally feels about Slater, I see a lot of parallels with what was done with Charlie Haas before he was released.

pls don ever compare Hass n Slater...Haas is one hell of an athlete n is one of the MOST UNDERRATED SUPERSTARS!!!

Sahu
06-24-2012, 05:46 AM
Slater is a decent all round performer...give him more time n have him some serious feud....n then make him a serious contender for US Championship...

slapadabass420
06-24-2012, 08:48 AM
i don't know what it is about that guy.maybe its the lackluster mic skills and the fact that he entertains me about as much as watchin popcorn in the microwave.but i see him being stuck in jobbertown for the near future at least.but hey that's my opinion and to each his own.

Pumpkinhead
06-24-2012, 09:21 AM
People will want to push him to the midcard scene to then forget about him just what happened to Ryder, his top is this comedy role and maybe another tag team run, he is good in the mic but that's it

Bennyladd1
06-24-2012, 09:38 AM

It would be nice to see Slater vs Santino, , they could actually put on some pretty good matches imo and of course there would be some funny segments, I like Slater, he should at least be in the tag team division imo.

Cabers
06-24-2012, 09:43 AM
He's good i will admit but i dunno about a title run yet he is being pushed at the minute though.

Mr. Ziggles
06-24-2012, 11:05 AM
To me he is the best heel in the company now, I legit hate the guy, but can see that he has potential.

Usually I'm cheering the heels like Jericho, Bryan, Rhodes and Ziggler, but this guy i actually don't like its not a case of i don't like him becuase he sucks.

If they get rid of the whole one man rock band crap, and maybe give him an Edge type gimmick, this guy can reach the moon.

BadAndy
06-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Did you happen to see Smackdown? The Slater/Ryder match was awful. It was sloppy. Ryder took forever to bounce off the turnbuckle and Slater lounged on the ropes before giving a neckbreaker that was more Ryder jumping backwards in the air. Simply terrible to watch. Those two stars could be FE'd and I think WWE would only be better for it.

tweedidldum
06-24-2012, 01:25 PM
way too soon for a title run for this bozo, he is an annoying heel and can or could draw heat but there are far too many ahead of him that deserve title shots right now in my opinion.

Tommy Thunder
06-24-2012, 01:30 PM
way too soon for a title run for this bozo, he is an annoying heel and can or could draw heat but there are far too many ahead of him that deserve title shots right now in my opinion.

I don't think anyone's suggesting that he should get a title shot right now. I think it's more of a case of acknowledging that he has potential to be a mid card champ.

tweedidldum
06-24-2012, 01:41 PM
yeah true! maybe someday hey!

jackw9
06-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Slater will be champ one day...... when he's released and joins tna or roh