PDA

View Full Version : Make WWE enjoyable again!!

Lee5657
06-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Over the last couple weeks since the short return of vince mcmahon WWE has improved in my opinion, the ratings have increased, the crowd seem more into it and i personally have enjoyed watching it.

However vince will now disappear for another few months and it will get boring again.
the things i liked about vinces return were the jokes and the fun remarks he was making and fun things he was doing (the jim ross thing was maybe just of the top).

It reminded me of the good old days in my opinion the 2005-2007 period just before all this 'PG & Anti bullying rubbish'
when DX used to come in, do a little rude promo (possibly a few swear words) mocking vince, then vince would send out the spirit squad or umaga (RIP to him) and DX would beat them and then mock vince even more, usually resulting in vinces head being shoved up someones ass, having the microphone tampered with or having some sort of gunge poured on him.

Im not asking for WWE to turn into a complete joke or vince to turn heel again, but just a little more humour would be nice.

What are your thoughts?

Cabers
06-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Over the last couple weeks since the short return of vince mcmahon WWE has improved in my opinion, the ratings have increased, the crowd seem more into it and i personally have enjoyed watching it.

However vince will now disappear for another few months and it will get boring again.
the things i liked about vinces return were the jokes and the fun remarks he was making and fun things he was doing (the jim ross thing was maybe just of the top).

It reminded me of the good old days in my opinion the 2005-2007 period just before all this 'PG & Anti bullying rubbish'
when DX used to come in, do a little rude promo (possibly a few swear words) mocking vince, then vince would send out the spirit squad or umaga (RIP to him) and DX would beat them and then mock vince even more, usually resulting in vinces head being shoved up someones ass, having the microphone tampered with or having some sort of gunge poured on him.

Im not asking for WWE to turn into a complete joke or vince to turn heel again, but just a little more humour would be nice.

What are your thoughts?

The bolded part actually disgusted me it was such a low thing to do and i lost even more respect for Vinny Mac after he did it, despicable fella.

Dennis
06-23-2012, 06:12 PM
I think raw in general has been on the rise in general. The aj storyline is pretty epic. I would suggest maybe pushing superstars that we can hate more because the last couple of weeks the main guys have ended the show with the upper hand leaving you with the feeling that all is right in the world... maybe turning bryan face by having chris jericho taking him out would be an interesting feud and lead to great matches beings that both of them are great wrestlers.. but I think the days of spraying people with beer are long behind us... also maybe start a faction of heels like nexus lead by a heel what is already hated.. maybe adr or ziggler

ewantu2
06-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Watch Smackdown.

imswm
06-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Wasn't everyone's big hero, CM Bunk, supposed to make the WWE fun again once he got stroke? Did he forget to mention which year this was going to transpire?

Amerinaine
06-24-2012, 04:25 PM
The bolded part actually disgusted me it was such a low thing to do and i lost even more respect for Vinny Mac after he did it, despicable fella.

The only folks making a stink about it though are the fans. Jim Ross didn't even care. JR acknowledges that Vince was playing a character. He even said on Twitter that he thought it was reasonably funny.

Amerinaine
06-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Wasn't everyone's big hero, CM Bunk, supposed to make the WWE fun again once he got stroke? Did he forget to mention which year this was going to transpire?

CM Punk has been the big reason I still watch RAW at the moment. Him and Daniel Bryan. They are gold on the Mic and in the Ring.

K2Jelly
06-24-2012, 04:28 PM

I'm pretty sure that promise was directed towards the disgruntled masses of the IWC.

MrVoteLibertarian
06-24-2012, 11:19 PM
Turn Smackdown into WcW..treat it like its a separate company....Pretend these 2 companies hate each other. This would give you a real reason to have 2 champs. Build the hate like it was during the Monday Night Wars.

URATOOL
06-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Turn Smackdown into WcW..treat it like its a separate company....Pretend these 2 companies hate each other. This would give you a real reason to have 2 champs. Build the hate like it was during the Monday Night Wars.

Easy to say. Almost impossible to do.

Asherdelampyr
06-25-2012, 12:09 AM
The only folks making a stink about it though are the fans. Jim Ross didn't even care. JR acknowledges that Vince was playing a character. He even said on Twitter that he thought it was reasonably funny.

Yeah, I was upset until I read JR's thoughts on the matter, if it doesn't bother the man actually being made fun of, then I am fine with it.

Asherdelampyr
06-25-2012, 12:11 AM

that could be fun, but I don't think the fans would buy it a 2nd (or 3rd) time. We had the actual MNW, which was crazy and awesome, and unable to be duplicated, and we had the fake war (Invasion storyline) which had an awesome premise but was fumbled so badly that it went down in flames.

I'm thinking if they try and create a new cross-brand war like that, it will end up just like the invasion, just without the depth of talented guys on the roster that WWE had right after buying WCW.

IrkenInvader
06-25-2012, 01:43 AM
A wrestling show that people genuinely enjoy watching? That'll never sell.

http://media48.podbean.com/pb/264fb32a59c99caa047f35942620dac2/4fe8084a/blogs48/461810/uploads/vince-russo.jpg

Robstar
06-25-2012, 04:47 PM
WWE needs to be behind the 8 ball again like they were during the Monday Night Wars. But they never will be and henceforth, will never be hungry enough again to take those chances and therefore, never as entertaining again. That's it in a nutshell for me.

Amerinaine
06-25-2012, 05:08 PM
WWE needs to be behind the 8 ball again like they were during the Monday Night Wars. But they never will be and henceforth, will never be hungry enough again to take those chances and therefore, never as entertaining again. That's it in a nutshell for me.

I think if TNA wins the lawsuit, they will get closer to being behind the 8-Ball. They will definitely take notice, instead of the usual brush off of TNA.