PDA

View Full Version : Intercontinental Championship

Peter Kaymakcian
06-23-2012, 01:37 AM
How long do you guys think Christian should hold onto the Intercontinental Championship and who should he lose it to?

I think he should keep it until Survivor Series and then lose it to Damien Sandow after having Sandow chase him and the title for two or three PPVs.

PSOjedi
06-23-2012, 04:48 AM
Survivor Series is OK for me.

A good fued vs Drew McIntyre would be cool, because Drew must be repackage actually and a fued vs Christian could be a good way to do it.

Also I would love to see an IC match at TLC like
Christian(c) vs Hunico
Christian(c) vs Tyson Kidd
Christian(c) vs Trent Barreta
or why not a 4 way !!!!

These 3 are REALLY TALENTED AND UNDERUSED, and TLC are the type of matches made for them.

deadly56
06-23-2012, 05:14 AM
Survivor Series is OK for me.

A good fued vs Drew McIntyre would be cool, because Drew must be repackage actually and a fued vs Christian could be a good way to do it.

Also I would love to see an IC match at TLC like
Christian(c) vs Hunico
Christian(c) vs Tyson Kidd
Christian(c) vs Trent Barreta
or why not a 4 way !!!!

These 3 are REALLY TALENTED AND UNDERUSED, and TLC are the type of matches made for them.

I don't think people would care for these guys much, they would have to sort of get their name out there a bit more to the casual fans first. Damien Sandow would be a great choice at Survivor Series, by then he will be over by the crowd as a great midcarder heel.

PSOjedi
06-23-2012, 05:49 AM
I know that people & WWE Creative don't care about those 3, I just said "I would love to"
That's why I put Drew McIntyre 1st, as for me on SD, there is no one else to put vs Christian

Damien Sandow prove nothing actually and is only put vs jobbers actually so I don't care for now.

82Tucker
06-23-2012, 08:20 AM
I like to see him hold for a few more months before hunting down the WHC and getting a decent run with it. His last run was pathetic by creative.

The guy deserves a good run with the belt!!

Tommy Thunder
06-23-2012, 08:44 AM
It could be used as a good way to get Drew McIntyre back in the game. He's a former IC champ after all.

He could win a #1 contender match between a few guys, or a battle royal perhaps, and then chase Christian. I seem to recall those 2 having a match on Superstars recently which was pretty good. So it shows that both can produce top quality matches.

The other option for me is to have Damien Sandow eventually win the title off Christian. I'd like to see Christian hold it for a few months first though then enter a feud with Sandow after he's built himself up some more.

rhyno535
06-23-2012, 11:47 AM
I dont know but i thought about this idea. Why not have a Tournament for the IC title. Ex we have 6 guys 3heels, 3faces. These 6 guys are fighting for the nr1 contender spot for the IC title. From Smackdown after money in the bank too maybe Night of Champions. It could be good and at Summerslam we would have either a six pac challenge with Christian as special referee or maybe 2 triple threat matches on smackdown before summerslam and the two winners from the triple threat matches are facing each other for the nr1 spot, u could put Christian as special referee. I think this could make the IC title a bit interesting for the PPVs.

Cabers
06-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah Sandow would be the most likely choice but i think it will be Cody challenging for another while yet.

G.G.G.
06-23-2012, 04:34 PM
See with the IC Title I want it to return to relevance and prominence. In order to do that it needs to be put on a main event superstar. With rumors of Orton coming back with not as big a push, and possibly turning heel, I think its the perfect situation to get the IC title back to relevance.

Orton still has a big fanbase, and his work is best done as a heel. I think Christian should lose it to him. Then get Orton to feud with an up and coming superstar to not only give the title relevance but also give that superstar a nice push towards being a main eventer

TempestH
06-23-2012, 05:36 PM
See with the IC Title I want it to return to relevance and prominence. In order to do that it needs to be put on a main event superstar. With rumors of Orton coming back with not as big a push, and possibly turning heel, I think its the perfect situation to get the IC title back to relevance.

Orton still has a big fanbase, and his work is best done as a heel. I think Christian should lose it to him. Then get Orton to feud with an up and coming superstar to not only give the title relevance but also give that superstar a nice push towards being a main eventer

I'd like to see the IC Title back to its pre-Attitude Era level of prestige. However, it's hard to do that with two world championships. Even if the WWE were to book a stronger brand split, it still seems as though RAW is superior to SmackDown, so it might be better to unify the world titles and have the Intercontinental Championship as SmackDown's top title. A guy like Sheamus could still be pushed as a dominant Intercontinental Champion. It would be a whole lot better than having a paper "World Championship" that usually ends up opening most PPVs.

capn-edu
06-24-2012, 12:27 AM
I see him against Sandow or however you write it
even Sin Cara, Del rio and Ryder.. cause there just isnt much competition in the midcard