PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is wrong with wwe?

bartish2
06-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Every raw & smackdown for the past good 2 and half months it has been the same no-direction scripts... like at least 3 squash matches on each show and sometimes even 4 on smackdown(sin cara, sandow, ryback, clay, cesaro), santino the US CHAMPION losing on almost a weekly basis to people like del rio.(how does this make santino credible?). Up until recently they had useless tag team matches including santino teaming up with ryder, wtf? Rarely any divas matches which result in NO buildup to PPV matches. You had cena vs laurinitis at OTL, cena vs cole few raws back, and then cena vs laurinitis & otunga last raw and all I can think is.... who really cares? I want to see a wrestler and a wrestler duke it out not an entertainer & some boring announcer or gm who cannot do anything properly let alone wrestling. Just when they created a decent buildup to the 1000th raw with legends, they drop it... great now i REALLY have no reason to watch until then. Some parts are entertaining like ziggler, punk/bryan/kane/AJ but the rest sucks monkey balls and the rest of the matches really have no point on raw.

Do they actually expect people to continue to tune in after the same crap week after week? I mean what the hell is going on? Do they even care anymore? Every raw & PPV since extreme rules has overall SUCKED and at this rate I doubt their big summer angle is going to be even good at all at this rate. TNA has been the better company of late and I would have no problem dropping wwe til the fall because I really don't care if I miss raw anymore. What do you think is going on?

tupelojoe81
06-22-2012, 10:33 AM
another WWE sucks thread........

bartish2
06-22-2012, 10:38 AM
another WWE sucks thread........
another dumbass... never said wwe sucks, just wondered what is wrong with the current product

URATOOL
06-22-2012, 10:45 AM
So do you care or not? You say you dont care but you bothered to start a thread and write a whole paragraph about how crap it is.....but you dont care.

I care about whether you care. Regardless of whether you care or not about me caring about whether you care about the fact I care about whether you care.

Automatic
06-22-2012, 10:52 AM
3.4, argument is invalid.

Amerinaine
06-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Sounds like your mad at what happens at the end of the show rather than what happens in the first hour. So, watch the first hour of Raw. Ignore the second hour.

I do agree, the Cena stuff is kinda pointless, but is coming to a head soon anyways. Patience grasshopper, after the abomination of RAW this week, next week can only be better.

Amerinaine
06-22-2012, 10:56 AM
3.4, argument is invalid.

The argument wasn't necessarily invalid. He gave better points than most "I hate RAW" posts. Which, he never even stated he hated it, just several of the storylines. I think that does make a difference.

MrVoteLibertarian
06-22-2012, 11:27 AM
It sucks. ...........

The Piper
06-22-2012, 11:28 AM
ugh, WWE is just so damn predictable, we all know who's going to win every match, which is why I no longer watch Smackdown, and only read spoilers (not even spoilers, I know what's gonna happen)

tdp
06-22-2012, 11:32 AM
I couldn't agree more about the squash matches. I'm not even sure why I still dvr smackdown with rhodes and bryan frequenting raw. Ryback is quickly becoming the face of squash matches, he needed to face a real opponent three weeks ago because nothing that he's doing is impressive imo. At least sandow is facing WWE wrestlers, plus he's absolute gold but that can be discussed elsewhere.

MrVoteLibertarian
06-22-2012, 11:33 AM
ugh, WWE is just so damn predictable, we all know who's going to win every match, which is why I no longer watch Smackdown, and only read spoilers (not even spoilers, I know what's gonna happen)
This is the reason. You can see what's coming a mile down the road. I can watch a 2 hour Raw(DVR'D) in about 20 minutes because the rest stinks. I don't know how they can do 3 hours .....ugh

justinjackson1983
06-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Every raw & smackdown for the past good 2 and half months it has been the same no-direction scripts... like at least 3 squash matches on each show and sometimes even 4 on smackdown(sin cara, sandow, ryback, clay, cesaro), santino the US CHAMPION losing on almost a weekly basis to people like del rio.(how does this make santino credible?). Up until recently they had useless tag team matches including santino teaming up with ryder, wtf? Rarely any divas matches which result in NO buildup to PPV matches. You had cena vs laurinitis at OTL, cena vs cole few raws back, and then cena vs laurinitis & otunga last raw and all I can think is.... who really cares? I want to see a wrestler and a wrestler duke it out not an entertainer & some boring announcer or gm who cannot do anything properly let alone wrestling. Just when they created a decent buildup to the 1000th raw with legends, they drop it... great now i REALLY have no reason to watch until then. Some parts are entertaining like ziggler, punk/bryan/kane/AJ but the rest sucks monkey balls and the rest of the matches really have no point on raw.

Do they actually expect people to continue to tune in after the same crap week after week? I mean what the hell is going on? Do they even care anymore? Every raw & PPV since extreme rules has overall SUCKED and at this rate I doubt their big summer angle is going to be even good at all at this rate. TNA has been the better company of late and I would have no problem dropping wwe til the fall because I really don't care if I miss raw anymore. What do you think is going on?

Do you know who I blame? I blame steve blackman for how much Raw sucks,

but Honestly Raw is no different to this time last year, do you remember the build up to Capitol punishment?

and then Cm punk did his magic and everyone started hoping for the new attitude era/reality era etc... same will happen this year
something will blow up and get us intrested again only for us to get bitterly disapointed with how we feel wwe handled the storyline

Lowki
06-22-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm so glad the internet was much smaller back when WCW was about. Could you imagine the threads about WCW if you think WWE is bad right now?

SilverGhost
06-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Why not watch the WWE for...well....the wrestling? I do that and I get plenty of good wrestling and leave.

tweedidldum
06-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Why not watch the WWE for...well....the wrestling? I do that and I get plenty of good wrestling and leave.

"Plenty of good wrestling and leave". i'd have to disagree with that statement as of lately my friend.

Tommy Thunder
06-22-2012, 01:37 PM

That's what I do for the most part. i can look past the crap storylines and just concentrate on the actual wrestling. WWE put on plenty of good matches each week, and I enjoy watching them.

tweedidldum
06-22-2012, 01:48 PM
That's what I do for the most part. i can look past the crap storylines and just concentrate on the actual wrestling. WWE put on plenty of good matches each week, and I enjoy watching them.

I'm not a fan of the matches lately myself, I find myself watching more TNA matches from start to finish more than WWE ones for the last little while anyway. But that's good cause wwe could use a good kick in the ass sometimes. When theres no compition wrestling brands seem to go stalemate for awhile until there's a bit of a threat elsewhere. When you sit on top of the mountain for so long, errors and lazyness tend to creep in and the other guy so to speak catches up a bit. But that's just my opinion and thankfully we have theres threads to express them ;)

Tommy Thunder
06-22-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm not a fan of the matches lately myself, I find myself watching more TNA matches from start to finish more than WWE ones for the last little while anyway. But that's good cause wwe could use a good kick in the ass sometimes. When theres no compition wrestling brands seem to go stalemate for awhile until there's a bit of a threat elsewhere. When you sit on top of the mountain for so long, errors and lazyness tend to creep in and the other guy so to speak catches up a bit. But that's just my opinion and thankfully we have theres threads to express them ;)

That's fair enough man.
I take you watch both companies, but out of interest, do you watch Superstars and NXT?

SilverGhost
06-22-2012, 01:54 PM
"Plenty of good wrestling and leave". i'd have to disagree with that statement as of lately my friend.

I watch WWE just for Punk, Bryan, Ziggler and a few others than can leave it in the ring. Are you saying those guys can't produce good wrestling?

tweedidldum
06-22-2012, 02:05 PM
I watch WWE just for Punk, Bryan, Ziggler and a few others than can leave it in the ring. Are you saying those guys can't produce good wrestling?

You hit the nail right on the head. I do watch a select few superstars in wwe wrestle eachother which by the way are the ones you mentioned who do have good matches. But i don't limit myself just to the WWE. Like in the early 90's mid 90's i was a wcw fan aswell, not of the show entirely but some of the superstars and matches.

TNA does have some good talent and from time to time they do put on some entertaining matches. I bounce back and forth now more than before. Kinda like when WCW started to climb i found myself boucing back and forth more frequently.

Not taking anything away from WWE but you know it's like a teeder totter, one is up the other is down.

Yeah i watch NXT and Superstars not very often, sometimes.

Cabers
06-22-2012, 02:23 PM
So do you care or not? You say you dont care but you bothered to start a thread and write a whole paragraph about how crap it is.....but you dont care.

I care about whether you care. Regardless of whether you care or not about me caring about whether you care about the fact I care about whether you care.

The original care bear!!

Cabers
06-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Sounds like your mad at what happens at the end of the show rather than what happens in the first hour. So, watch the first hour of Raw. Ignore the second hour.

I do agree, the Cena stuff is kinda pointless, but is coming to a head soon anyways. Patience grasshopper, after the abomination of RAW this week, next week can only be better.

I am loving the sig!! :P

Amerinaine
06-22-2012, 03:01 PM
I am loving the sig!! :P

When they do the EWN awards thing, and best Sigs of the year come up, I better get some votes.

Irish Nature boy
06-22-2012, 04:26 PM
I stopped watching last August and just come here too read what i'm (not) missing. I think WWE and VKM made there bed by making this Cena/Pg Frankenstein and now their champion cant even draw enough viewers too main event.

SilverGhost
06-22-2012, 06:17 PM
I stopped watching last August and just come here too read what i'm (not) missing. I think WWE and VKM made there bed by making this Cena/Pg Frankenstein and now their champion cant even draw enough viewers too main event.

Nah. Just treat Punk's WWE Championship matches as the MAIN EVENT and just move on from there. The rest is just a soap opera that shouldn't grab your attention.

Robstar
06-22-2012, 09:02 PM
When they do the EWN awards thing, and best Sigs of the year come up, I better get some votes.

I thought you were against fake tits?

Bodom
06-22-2012, 09:09 PM

I will now purposely never vote for you on anything.

Robstar
06-22-2012, 09:11 PM
I want some votes in the category "Best Mod Who Isn't Bodom, SG, Iron Ape, TDA or Kashdinero". I reckon I have a shot

Bodom
06-22-2012, 09:15 PM
I want some votes in the category "Best Mod Who Isn't Bodom, SG, Iron Ape, TDA or Kashdinero". I reckon I have a shot

You will still lose.

Tommy Thunder
06-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Yeah i watch NXT and Superstars not very often, sometimes.

I would suggest watching both Superstars and NXT every week. They always have 100% better matches on them than Raw or Smackdown. This weeks Superstars for example was very good.

Nah. Just treat Punk's WWE Championship matches as the MAIN EVENT and just move on from there. The rest is just a soap opera that shouldn't grab your attention.

That's a very naive approach. Both NXT and Superstars have excellent matches on show each week. You get to see Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Joe Henning, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Hunico, Richie Steamboat, Bo Dallas, Seth Rollins, Bray Watt, Damien Sandow, The Prime Time Players, The Ascension, Reks and Hawkins, The Usos on a weekly basis putting on 4/5 star matches.

I wouldn't just concentrate on just a few superstars and discount the rest as "just a soap opera" if I was you man.

Robstar
06-22-2012, 09:18 PM
You will still lose.

You're such a Rob basher Bodom. Let's hope I remember the safety word eh?

Amerinaine
06-23-2012, 12:21 AM
I thought you were against fake tits?

I said I didn't like them. Not "I won't like a person because of them."

Robstar
06-23-2012, 12:38 AM
I said I didn't like them. Not "I won't like a person because of them."

Um, I never used those words. Strange

The Brown One
06-23-2012, 03:43 AM
The E has been quite predictable for a while. They had an awesome showing at Wrestlemania and Extreme Rules, actually having good buildup for some of the matches, but now it's almost the same thing every week. I'm happy that they were pushing new talent like Ryback, The PTP and Cesaro while Orton and Jericho were away, but it's still the same thing week after week. I watch Raw and Smackdown for the same reason many of the posters here do: for some of the wrestlers - Bryan, Ziggler, Punk, Tyson Kidd, Christian and Rhodes. I even give Sheamus a chance, despite the fact that hes the most predictable "superstar" since John Cena.

Hopefully the 1000th Raw is great, and the shows after follow suit (not as good obviously).

Amerinaine
06-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Um, I never used those words. Strange

Without vocal inflection, I have to guess that saying "I thought you were against them" means, "I didn't think you Liked them". Which I don't, so we can agree there.

My response was, I won't reject them, cause I like the character itself, and have met her so her personality if fine too. Personality before fake breasts.

So my response was appropriate and did not actually exaggerate what you said either. I even quoted what you said. That in and of itself proves that I know you didn't say that.