PDA

View Full Version : I Felt Like I Should Ask

LostOmega
06-21-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't really care about Zack Ryder. All he's really done is get his ass handed to him by various people on the WWE roster and I personally don't feel he's really all that good overall. I don't mean to bag on him, but I wanted to know how many people actually like Ryder or think that he can go places.

thedag
06-21-2012, 09:42 PM
random thread. i don't think anyone cares about him now. he was the flavor of the month 6 months ago. but he is barely on tv now so i don't care about him.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
06-21-2012, 09:50 PM
random thread. i don't think anyone cares about him now. he was the flavor of the month 6 months ago. but he is barely on tv now so i don't care about him.

Basically says it all. This month it's Joey Ryan.

brianjones90
06-21-2012, 10:01 PM
He worked really hard to get the little bit of tv time that he's got but if he would have done any other gimmick it would have had a better chance of getting over.

Ulap83
06-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Honestly the only time I ever remotely liked Zack Ryder was during his stint on McMahon's ECW. I thought he was annoying but I saw some talent. Now..he just annoys me all the time, even during his whole internet rise to fame, but that's just my opinion.

PrimusSucks
06-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Him in ECW was great, but since then nothing, it must have sucked to be anyone other than Christian to finish out ECW.

Keith Stone
06-21-2012, 10:18 PM
I believe he hit his peak and there isn't anyway they can put another title on a guy who's more for comedy purposes (Santino). Never thought he was terrible compared to alot of guys on that main roster and his merch sells but when alot of new guys are gettin pushed you'll have to take TV time from some guys

thedag
06-21-2012, 10:33 PM
i only like ryder for the music.

World B. Free
06-21-2012, 10:38 PM
He'd be a great fit in TNA. :cool:

SESAfro
06-21-2012, 10:49 PM
I like Ryder because he's hilarious. His facial expressions, those stupid catch phrases, it just seems that there's something about him that you have to love. He's pretty good on the mic and in the ring, but his charisma and utter like-a-bility keep me on his wagon.

*coughLet'sgoDrewcough*

The Brown One
06-22-2012, 12:04 AM
You know what, some of the Ryder "fans" piss me off. A few months ago there were so many of you begging for this guy to get pushed, to win the US title etc. Now you've completely forgotten about him, and the only time someone brings him up is in threads like these. It seems that the flavor of the month trend will continue. I can't wait till you forget all about Drew Mcintyre after he gets a push and it fizzles out.

thedag
06-22-2012, 12:24 AM
You know what, some of the Ryder "fans" piss me off. A few months ago there were so many of you begging for this guy to get pushed, to win the US title etc. Now you've completely forgotten about him, and the only time someone brings him up is in threads like these. It seems that the flavor of the month trend will continue. I can't wait till you forget all about Drew Mcintyre after he gets a push and it fizzles out.

that will never happen cuz drew won;t get a push.

wrestlingfan66513
06-22-2012, 12:43 AM
I still like him about the same as a few months ago when he got a lot of time. I think they missed a lot of chances in his storylines and should not have involved him with Cena and Kane at all. They could have done a lot more with the US title if they built up the Swagger and Ryder feud in my opinion. I respect the hell out of him for starting his show to get fans to care about him and get a push (even though it spawned a lot of bad rip offs like Reks and the Headbangers) because so many guys are complacent with where they are at. He has his flaws (in ring work) but he can work past them, one reason why ECW Zack was better was partly due to the Zack Attack being a lot better than the Rough Ryder.

Double Axehandle
06-22-2012, 12:44 AM

Zach Ryder sells better than anyone else in wrestling. Kane broke his neck, spine and arm in the space of 2 weeks and this pimp rocked that wheelchair for months.

Selling.

aweso_me
06-22-2012, 12:51 AM
He needs improvement on his ringwork. He doesn't seem to flow when he is in the ring. The storyline with Eve and Cena went nowhere because of Wrestlemania. The Kane thing ended in a preshow match. Ryder the Al Snow of today (JOB Squad). He needs a little bit more TV time.

Woo Woo Woo. Tu lo sabes

Double Axehandle
06-22-2012, 01:13 AM
He needs improvement on his ringwork. He doesn't seem to flow when he is in the ring. The storyline with Eve and Cena went nowhere because of Wrestlemania. The Kane thing ended in a preshow match. Ryder the Al Snow of today (JOB Squad). He needs a little bit more TV time.

Woo Woo Woo. Tu lo sabes

You gotta love that Zach is legit and not a mr perfect ripoff. His gimmick sucks but he made it work.

The Sneakiness
06-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Zach Ryder sells better than anyone else in wrestling. Kane broke his neck, spine and arm in the space of 2 weeks and this pimp rocked that wheelchair for months.

Selling.

Really, so a broken spine means you can walk on crutches?

Selling fail.

The Brown One
06-22-2012, 02:43 AM
that will never happen cuz drew won;t get a push.

He might get a short push within the next 2 years, and he'll end up back where he is right now. That's what the WWE tend to do with several of their talent. Personally I don't care. Hes a decent wrestler, good on the mic, but I don't see him getting really over with the fans.

I still like him about the same as a few months ago when he got a lot of time. I think they missed a lot of chances in his storylines and should not have involved him with Cena and Kane at all. They could have done a lot more with the US title if they built up the Swagger and Ryder feud in my opinion. I respect the hell out of him for starting his show to get fans to care about him and get a push (even though it spawned a lot of bad rip offs like Reks and the Headbangers) because so many guys are complacent with where they are at. He has his flaws (in ring work) but he can work past them, one reason why ECW Zack was better was partly due to the Zack Attack being a lot better than the Rough Ryder.

Damn right. He didn't deserve to be put into a storyline with guys way above his league. They should have focused on having him defend the US title against newcomers - like Tyson Kidd, Michael Mcgillicutty etc, and they could get themselves over. His time is up, and I don't see him getting a push for a while.

Tomsta666
06-22-2012, 04:02 AM
Yeah poor Ryders bubble has burst, shame really because he is a fun character.
The home town snub on last weeks Raw was a little low though :(

Lowki
06-22-2012, 04:28 AM
Basically says it all. This month it's Joey Ryan.
Fuck Joey Ryan.

Jerichoholic-NL
06-22-2012, 05:48 AM
I am probably one of the few people that actually never liked Ryder at all, not even in December where he was so populair. I always thought he was lame, not good at all, and pushed down our throats just because he used YouTube as an way to push himself and not actually work his ass off

monctonvike
06-22-2012, 06:48 AM
He'd be a great fit in TNA. :cool:

I think your kinda of kidding but ryder, cookier, big rob and little rob could form an annoying , perhaps even entertaining faction

MachoManFan
06-22-2012, 07:36 AM
I've always been a fan of Ryder's potential but I was disapointed that he didn't really step up when he got the chance. I'm not writing him off yet though, anyone who can get as over as he did without being on TV has the potential to be a long term player.

The Phantom Menace
06-22-2012, 08:29 AM
Zack was at his best being an Edge clone! If the rumors about Drew are true, he just has to ride it out & he'll once again get another shot. Zack & Santino both suck equally in the ring. Santino just probably sucks better off camera. Someone mentioned Drew Mc Intyre, don't forget that the last guy who spent a few years in uncle Vince's dog house was Triple H.

Mojo Tartarus
06-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Yeah poor Ryders bubble has burst, shame really because he is a fun character.
The home town snub on last weeks Raw was a little low though :(

It could be worse, they could humiliate his ass in his home town. Like they always seem to do with JR!

Pumpkinhead
06-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Vince pushed him months ago to test the social media power, which was a success by the way, I always felt it was Ryder 15 minutes of fame and that's it, the guy has talent thought, maybe to use him in the tag team or another midcar title reign but He'll never will be a big name here

bartish2
06-22-2012, 10:12 AM
He is kind of like a worse version of santino... comic relief... except santino can actually get people cheering for him... did you hear the crowd for santino at EC? Dont care for ryder, cannot take him seriously... I doubt he will get anywhere past minor title

Mikeyboy7777777
06-22-2012, 10:18 AM
always cared more about curt hawkins & tyler reks to be quite honest sadly they are jobbing and about ryder? he's still popular isn't the wwe trying to give people what they want most faces they shove down our throats get no reaction at all the usos do ryder does even the tag champs haven't selled anything and hardly get cheered anymore it's time for a change people power

MrVoteLibertarian
06-22-2012, 11:36 AM
His trend line is pointing down

tdp
06-22-2012, 11:57 AM
I think wwe just dropped the ball, to this point at least. I thought his web show was great but the E took over creatively and it went downhill. On raw they made him cena's goofy friend (little brother more like it) gets destroyed by kane at every pass and looks like a loser chasing eve, I couldn't tell you what he's done since then. I personally couldn't care less about him now.

Cabers
06-22-2012, 02:14 PM
It was always a crap gimmick spawned by Jersey Shore (yes he did it before jersey shore) look at that show its crap and by default so is his gimmick!

The Brown One
06-23-2012, 05:40 PM
always cared more about curt hawkins & tyler reks to be quite honest sadly they are jobbing and about ryder? he's still popular isn't the wwe trying to give people what they want most faces they shove down our throats get no reaction at all the usos do ryder does even the tag champs haven't selled anything and hardly get cheered anymore it's time for a change people power

Why do people rate Hawkins and Reks as high as they do? Fans seriously overrate them. They're decent wrestlers, and half decent on the mic. That's about it. I don't see anything special in them. The most they could do at this time is be a lowcard tagteam.

HeelTurn
06-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Yes his popularity has decreased, but that is probably due to WWE's booking of him. If he was put back on TV he could easily be a part of the US title picture, but nothing higher.

BadAndy
06-25-2012, 05:06 AM
His gimmick was something that people from the East Coast could identify with or poke fun at but as for the middle of this country, we can't stand. It's irritating and not entertaining in the least bit. Hawkins, Reks, Ryder and a select few others are those guys that might be passionate about wrestling and want to have a career in it but are kind of like those lifer minor league players that just don't have the stuff to play in the major leagues. They are part of that WWE talent pool that just wasn't that good. They have a much better group now that they can do much more with.